Be careful with testosterone cypionate concentration - AnabolicMinds.com

Be careful with testosterone cypionate concentration

  1. New Member
    steve999's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    122

    Reputation

    Be careful with testosterone cypionate concentration


    While reviewing blood tests and my doc's medication instructions this morning, I discovered that I've accidentally been injecting testosterone cypionate at 200 mg/week rather than the prescribed 100 mg/week for at least a couple of months.

    Apparently at some point my pharmacy re-filled my testosterone cypionate prescription with 200 mg/mL solution when I had previously received 100 mg/mL solution, and I didn't notice. Crap!

    Previously at 100 mg/week testosterone cypionate with no HCG, my testosterone was at 736 mg/dL [range 241-827] which is at 85% range, but estradiol was low at 16 pg/mL. My doc added 350-450 IU/week HCG to bump up estradiol.

    At 200 mg/week testosterone cypionate, I must be way over the top of the testosterone range, and I would guess estrogen conversion is high. Crap!

    At least this explains why I'm not feeling particularly great.

    Lesson learned - - - keep an eye on the testosterone cypionate concentration provided by your pharmacy!

  2. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2414

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by steve999 View Post
    While reviewing blood tests and my doc's medication instructions this morning, I discovered that I've accidentally been injecting testosterone cypionate at 200 mg/week rather than the prescribed 100 mg/week for at least a couple of months.

    Apparently at some point my pharmacy re-filled my testosterone cypionate prescription with 200 mg/mL solution when I had previously received 100 mg/mL solution, and I didn't notice. Crap!

    Previously at 100 mg/week testosterone cypionate with no HCG, my testosterone was at 736 mg/dL [range 241-827] which is at 85% range, but estradiol was low at 16 pg/mL. My doc added 350-450 IU/week HCG to bump up estradiol.

    At 200 mg/week testosterone cypionate, I must be way over the top of the testosterone range, and I would guess estrogen conversion is high. Crap!

    At least this explains why I'm not feeling particularly great.

    Lesson learned - - - keep an eye on the testosterone cypionate concentration provided by your pharmacy!
    If you are injecting testosterone once a week, you will newer know your T & E2 levels if you do just one blood draw.

    E2 vary so much that you may have 5 one day 45 next day and other day you may have 16.

    Think of high amplitude sinusoid.


    .
    .
  3. New Member
    steve999's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    122

    Reputation

    If you are injecting testosterone once a week, you will newer know your T & E2 levels if you do just one blood draw.

    E2 vary so much that you may have 5 one day 45 next day and other day you may have 16.

    Think of high amplitude sinusoid.
    I've been doing EOD subcutaneous inections for both testosterone cypionate and HCG for the past few months. General chemistry levels seem much more stable with EOD injections, and I don't have to stick a big needle into my leg.
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    Gutterpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,560
    Rep Power
    148217

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    200mg won't take you that much over. At least not as much as you think.
  5. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2414

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by steve999 View Post
    I've been doing EOD subcutaneous inections for both testosterone cypionate and HCG for the past few months. General chemistry levels seem much more stable with EOD injections, and I don't have to stick a big needle into my leg.
    If it is helping you,
    do favor to others,
    post about it.

    Post as often as you can.
    It makes a big difference.
    If I am the only one talking about, not many believe me.

    I do not really care how big needle one uses.
    Important is to do it often.

    .
  6. New Member
    Philec48's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    231

    Reputation

    200mg per ml vials seems to be what's most in stock at pharmacies. Clue your doc into this so you won't have to back order stuff like I almost had to do. Fortunately my pharmacy gave me the 200mg they had on hand, even though the ex-endo wrote it at 100 just to spite me I think. He had written the 200 for me before.

    Watch your dosage though, only 75mg per week (25mg Mon, Wed, and Thur) put me at the top of the range, just under the wire. But estradiol hit 60 (0-54)! I've cut back to 60mg per week now.

    Before I began TRT I was truly below the bottom number often, so it surprises me that so little (comparatively speaking) testosterone makes my blood level jump so high. Maybe low SHBG?
  7. Senior Member
    monsterbox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,585
    Rep Power
    909

    Reputation

    I don't see the point in worrying about going above the range, as long as E is in control.

    Hell, If I had a script for 100mg and the pharm was giving me 200mg....Id certainly be doubling up! Just inject more frequent and use slightly if any a-dex and then your feeling really cranked.
  8. New Member
    mikeyboyeee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    119
    Rep Power
    124

    Reputation

    200mg a week?

    Your a big juicer now
  9. New Member
    steve999's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    122

    Reputation

    I don't see the point in worrying about going above the range, as long as E is in control.

    Hell, If I had a script for 100mg and the pharm was giving me 200mg....Id certainly be doubling up! Just inject more frequent and use slightly if any a-dex and then your feeling really cranked.
    I'm not a doctor, but I'm pretty sure being above range has detrimental effects, just like being below range. Not to mention you would be *abusing* your hormone replacement therapy.

    I'm striving for a combination of testosterone cyptionate and HCG, injecting both EOD, that results in no need for an estrogen inhibitor.
  10. Senior Member
    monsterbox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,585
    Rep Power
    909

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by steve999 View Post
    I'm not a doctor, but I'm pretty sure being above range has detrimental effects, just like being below range. Not to mention you would be *abusing* your hormone replacement therapy.

    I'm striving for a combination of testosterone cyptionate and HCG, injecting both EOD, that results in no need for an estrogen inhibitor.
    IMO,

    well...you have to define where to draw the line at too much. 200-250 sometimes only puts people around 1500ng/dl. Some labs show the range from 250-1600ng/dl.

    The negative sides from too much T are simply E conversion and I think a build up of hemocrit levels. Running 200mg is NOT bad, or abusive, or damaging long term to your body. Tons of guys have been running 200mg for a long time as their "cruise", with perfect blood tests.

    The main problem with higher T, is that the patient becomes "spoiled". If you put them on 300mg/test, they will literally feel better than they are supposed too, and thats malpractice for a doctor.

    Next, estrogen conversion and actually needin A-dex at a level like 200mg/week depends on the person. Some people have little aromatase to begin with. I for one, currently have E2 levels in the single digits, trying to figure out why. If I start TRT, I doubt I'll need any a-dex at all, ever. Furthermore, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that alot of people on TRT probably just needed to control estrogen only to lower SHBG and free up T.
  11. New Member
    steve999's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    122

    Reputation

    General consensus is that you want to be in the top 20% of the testosterone range, but not above. I think that's what most folks are striving for. Anything more is taking you outside the range of supplementation to achieve natural levels - - - which of course is steroid abuse. What it takes to get to that top 20% doesn't really matter, hence some folks can be on high doses and maintain normal range numbers.

    On your estrogen issues, when I took HCG alone, my estrogen went too high. When I took testosterone cypionate alone, my estrogen went too low. I'm using a combination of HCG and testosterone cypionate injecting EOD with seemingly good results. I believe Jansz is doing the same.
  12. New Member
    thenxtgrt1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    159

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by steve999 View Post
    General consensus is that you want to be in the top 20% of the testosterone range, but not above. I think that's what most folks are striving for. Anything more is taking you outside the range of supplementation to achieve natural levels - - - which of course is steroid abuse. What it takes to get to that top 20% doesn't really matter, hence some folks can be on high doses and maintain normal range numbers.

    On your estrogen issues, when I took HCG alone, my estrogen went too high. When I took testosterone cypionate alone, my estrogen went too low. I'm using a combination of HCG and testosterone cypionate injecting EOD with seemingly good results. I believe Jansz is doing the same.
    I had the same problem as you with estrogen going to high. When you were on hcg monotherapy, what did your labs look like? Did Test go up?
  13. New Member
    steve999's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    122

    Reputation

    I had the same problem as you with estrogen going to high. When you were on hcg monotherapy, what did your labs look like? Did Test go up?
    Click on my username and search under my post "Steve's Lab Results" for specific data.

    On HCG alone, testosterone went up significantly, but I was still below the top 20% of the range, and estrogen levels were high. I might have been okay with an estrogen inhibitor in addition to the HCG, but my doc wanted to try testosterone cypionate alone. That didn't work either as estrogen levels went too low. But those two experiments put me in a good position to try a combination of HCG and testosterone.

    I would recommend following Jansz's lead with a combination of HCG and testosterone cypionate injecting EOD. This seem to minimize fluctuations, and the small needles are a lot easier to deal with.
  14. New Member
    Ironnino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    63

    Reputation

    Hi guys i am new to this forum
    Is there anyway to achieve a perfect body without the use of hormone therapy In my reading i find that most individuals reach a Plataea and then they are not able to build additional bulk no matter how much work outs they do so they resort to using hormones ( testosterone) or human growth hormones to push them over that point but my question to you all suppose you stop using those things wont your bodily structure return to its normal state?
  15. New Member
    techlogik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    106

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    If it is helping you,
    do favor to others,
    post about it.

    Post as often as you can.
    It makes a big difference.
    If I am the only one talking about, not many believe me.

    I do not really care how big needle one uses.
    Important is to do it often.

    .
    I've talked about it also....just not as vocal as you...usually a me too response kind of thing...
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. 1-Testosterone Cypionate
    By lozgod in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-26-2010, 01:00 PM
  2. Half life dosing and blood testosterone concentration.
    By jhelumwarrior in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 08:24 PM
  3. Testosterone Cypionate..
    By Brolic in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-04-2008, 06:48 PM
  4. 1-Testosterone Cypionate
    By v-force700 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-04-2004, 09:21 PM
  5. 1-test cypionate concentration
    By dirlewanger in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-27-2003, 10:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in