Be careful with testosterone cypionate concentration

steve999

Awards
While reviewing blood tests and my doc's medication instructions this morning, I discovered that I've accidentally been injecting testosterone cypionate at 200 mg/week rather than the prescribed 100 mg/week for at least a couple of months.

Apparently at some point my pharmacy re-filled my testosterone cypionate prescription with 200 mg/mL solution when I had previously received 100 mg/mL solution, and I didn't notice. Crap!

Previously at 100 mg/week testosterone cypionate with no HCG, my testosterone was at 736 mg/dL [range 241-827] which is at 85% range, but estradiol was low at 16 pg/mL. My doc added 350-450 IU/week HCG to bump up estradiol.

At 200 mg/week testosterone cypionate, I must be way over the top of the testosterone range, and I would guess estrogen conversion is high. Crap!

At least this explains why I'm not feeling particularly great.

Lesson learned - - - keep an eye on the testosterone cypionate concentration provided by your pharmacy!

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
While reviewing blood tests and my doc's medication instructions this morning, I discovered that I've accidentally been injecting testosterone cypionate at 200 mg/week rather than the prescribed 100 mg/week for at least a couple of months.

Apparently at some point my pharmacy re-filled my testosterone cypionate prescription with 200 mg/mL solution when I had previously received 100 mg/mL solution, and I didn't notice. Crap!

Previously at 100 mg/week testosterone cypionate with no HCG, my testosterone was at 736 mg/dL [range 241-827] which is at 85% range, but estradiol was low at 16 pg/mL. My doc added 350-450 IU/week HCG to bump up estradiol.

At 200 mg/week testosterone cypionate, I must be way over the top of the testosterone range, and I would guess estrogen conversion is high. Crap!

At least this explains why I'm not feeling particularly great.

Lesson learned - - - keep an eye on the testosterone cypionate concentration provided by your pharmacy!
If you are injecting testosterone once a week, you will newer know your T & E2 levels if you do just one blood draw.

E2 vary so much that you may have 5 one day 45 next day and other day you may have 16.

Think of high amplitude sinusoid.

steve999

Awards
If you are injecting testosterone once a week, you will newer know your T & E2 levels if you do just one blood draw.

E2 vary so much that you may have 5 one day 45 next day and other day you may have 16.

Think of high amplitude sinusoid.
I've been doing EOD subcutaneous inections for both testosterone cypionate and HCG for the past few months. General chemistry levels seem much more stable with EOD injections, and I don't have to stick a big needle into my leg.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
200mg won't take you that much over. At least not as much as you think.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I've been doing EOD subcutaneous inections for both testosterone cypionate and HCG for the past few months. General chemistry levels seem much more stable with EOD injections, and I don't have to stick a big needle into my leg.
If it is helping you,
do favor to others,
post about it.

Post as often as you can.
It makes a big difference.
If I am the only one talking about, not many believe me.

I do not really care how big needle one uses.
Important is to do it often.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
200mg per ml vials seems to be what's most in stock at pharmacies. Clue your doc into this so you won't have to back order stuff like I almost had to do. Fortunately my pharmacy gave me the 200mg they had on hand, even though the ex-endo wrote it at 100 just to spite me I think. He had written the 200 for me before.

Watch your dosage though, only 75mg per week (25mg Mon, Wed, and Thur) put me at the top of the range, just under the wire. But estradiol hit 60 (0-54)! I've cut back to 60mg per week now.

Before I began TRT I was truly below the bottom number often, so it surprises me that so little (comparatively speaking) testosterone makes my blood level jump so high. Maybe low SHBG?

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
I don't see the point in worrying about going above the range, as long as E is in control.

Hell, If I had a script for 100mg and the pharm was giving me 200mg....Id certainly be doubling up! Just inject more frequent and use slightly if any a-dex and then your feeling really cranked.

steve999

Awards
I don't see the point in worrying about going above the range, as long as E is in control.

Hell, If I had a script for 100mg and the pharm was giving me 200mg....Id certainly be doubling up! Just inject more frequent and use slightly if any a-dex and then your feeling really cranked.
I'm not a doctor, but I'm pretty sure being above range has detrimental effects, just like being below range. Not to mention you would be *abusing* your hormone replacement therapy.

I'm striving for a combination of testosterone cyptionate and HCG, injecting both EOD, that results in no need for an estrogen inhibitor.

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
I'm not a doctor, but I'm pretty sure being above range has detrimental effects, just like being below range. Not to mention you would be *abusing* your hormone replacement therapy.

I'm striving for a combination of testosterone cyptionate and HCG, injecting both EOD, that results in no need for an estrogen inhibitor.
IMO,

well...you have to define where to draw the line at too much. 200-250 sometimes only puts people around 1500ng/dl. Some labs show the range from 250-1600ng/dl.

The negative sides from too much T are simply E conversion and I think a build up of hemocrit levels. Running 200mg is NOT bad, or abusive, or damaging long term to your body. Tons of guys have been running 200mg for a long time as their "cruise", with perfect blood tests.

The main problem with higher T, is that the patient becomes "spoiled". If you put them on 300mg/test, they will literally feel better than they are supposed too, and thats malpractice for a doctor.

Next, estrogen conversion and actually needin A-dex at a level like 200mg/week depends on the person. Some people have little aromatase to begin with. I for one, currently have E2 levels in the single digits, trying to figure out why. If I start TRT, I doubt I'll need any a-dex at all, ever. Furthermore, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that alot of people on TRT probably just needed to control estrogen only to lower SHBG and free up T.

steve999

Awards
General consensus is that you want to be in the top 20% of the testosterone range, but not above. I think that's what most folks are striving for. Anything more is taking you outside the range of supplementation to achieve natural levels - - - which of course is steroid abuse. What it takes to get to that top 20% doesn't really matter, hence some folks can be on high doses and maintain normal range numbers.

On your estrogen issues, when I took HCG alone, my estrogen went too high. When I took testosterone cypionate alone, my estrogen went too low. I'm using a combination of HCG and testosterone cypionate injecting EOD with seemingly good results. I believe Jansz is doing the same.

thenxtgrt1

Awards
General consensus is that you want to be in the top 20% of the testosterone range, but not above. I think that's what most folks are striving for. Anything more is taking you outside the range of supplementation to achieve natural levels - - - which of course is steroid abuse. What it takes to get to that top 20% doesn't really matter, hence some folks can be on high doses and maintain normal range numbers.

On your estrogen issues, when I took HCG alone, my estrogen went too high. When I took testosterone cypionate alone, my estrogen went too low. I'm using a combination of HCG and testosterone cypionate injecting EOD with seemingly good results. I believe Jansz is doing the same.
I had the same problem as you with estrogen going to high. When you were on hcg monotherapy, what did your labs look like? Did Test go up?

steve999

Awards
I had the same problem as you with estrogen going to high. When you were on hcg monotherapy, what did your labs look like? Did Test go up?
Click on my username and search under my post "Steve's Lab Results" for specific data.

On HCG alone, testosterone went up significantly, but I was still below the top 20% of the range, and estrogen levels were high. I might have been okay with an estrogen inhibitor in addition to the HCG, but my doc wanted to try testosterone cypionate alone. That didn't work either as estrogen levels went too low. But those two experiments put me in a good position to try a combination of HCG and testosterone.

I would recommend following Jansz's lead with a combination of HCG and testosterone cypionate injecting EOD. This seem to minimize fluctuations, and the small needles are a lot easier to deal with.

Ironnino

Awards
Hi guys i am new to this forum
Is there anyway to achieve a perfect body without the use of hormone therapy In my reading i find that most individuals reach a Plataea and then they are not able to build additional bulk no matter how much work outs they do so they resort to using hormones ( testosterone) or human growth hormones to push them over that point but my question to you all suppose you stop using those things wont your bodily structure return to its normal state?

techlogik

Awards
If it is helping you,
do favor to others,
post about it.

Post as often as you can.
It makes a big difference.
If I am the only one talking about, not many believe me.

I do not really care how big needle one uses.
Important is to do it often.

I've talked about it also....just not as vocal as you...usually a me too response kind of thing...