Question on TRT/HRT

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  209 lbs.
    Answers

Question on TRT/HRT

So I've been into lifting weights and being "active" for years but it seems like my age has finally caught up with me. I'm 32, wife and I just had a kid (8 months ago), I work a semi - sedentary desk job (I'm a Network Admin) and on top of that, I have "fat guy" genetics. I was always chubby until about 2003 when I hit 270 lb's and decided to lose it. I went down to about 180 while adding some LBM. Ever since then it's been a slow but steady climb back up to about 220 where I'm at now. I'm still fairly active although there are only about 4 days a week where I either lift or play soccer for 2 hours. The other 3 days, I'm pretty sedentary and unfortunately, I don't adjust my diet accordingly. I know "how" to diet but will power of course is the main factor there. So that's where I am right now.

Anyway, so I keep feeling run down, tired, weak etc. I thought my test levels had dipped so I went to my doc and asked for a blood test. I'm still waiting for results but when I mentioned TRT/HRT, he scoffed at the idea and just said - "Welcome to the club" in regards to be a tired husband/father. One thing is odd though, as usual, my libido is off the chart. Always been that way. When the doc asked me about that, it was more fuel to his fire. He also cited my 11am "shadow" and yes, I did shave that morning. So maybe he's right...I don't know...

I guess I'm wondering if mainstream family docs just don't know about TRT/HRT or what. He seemed to treat it like voodoo or something.

I've never done a "real" cycle. I did however do a cycle of LG's M1D and who knows if it "worked" but I certainly felt stronger and moved more weight than I ever have in my life. Could've just been proper focus and consistency too though.

Any thoughts on this? I guess I'm just looking for some general direction here.

2. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by OutWorkU View Post
    So I've been into lifting weights and being "active" for years but it seems like my age has finally caught up with me. I'm 32, wife and I just had a kid (8 months ago), I work a semi - sedentary desk job (I'm a Network Admin) and on top of that, I have "fat guy" genetics. I was always chubby until about 2003 when I hit 270 lb's and decided to lose it. I went down to about 180 while adding some LBM. Ever since then it's been a slow but steady climb back up to about 220 where I'm at now. I'm still fairly active although there are only about 4 days a week where I either lift or play soccer for 2 hours. The other 3 days, I'm pretty sedentary and unfortunately, I don't adjust my diet accordingly. I know "how" to diet but will power of course is the main factor there. So that's where I am right now.

Anyway, so I keep feeling run down, tired, weak etc. I thought my test levels had dipped so I went to my doc and asked for a blood test. I'm still waiting for results but when I mentioned TRT/HRT, he scoffed at the idea and just said - "Welcome to the club" in regards to be a tired husband/father. One thing is odd though, as usual, my libido is off the chart. Always been that way. When the doc asked me about that, it was more fuel to his fire. He also cited my 11am "shadow" and yes, I did shave that morning. So maybe he's right...I don't know...

I guess I'm wondering if mainstream family docs just don't know about TRT/HRT or what. He seemed to treat it like voodoo or something.

I've never done a "real" cycle. I did however do a cycle of LG's M1D and who knows if it "worked" but I certainly felt stronger and moved more weight than I ever have in my life. Could've just been proper focus and consistency too though.

Well you need to find out what is causing you to feel like this. Many times its just simple over training and need alittle more rest and things will turn out fine in 1-2 weeks. Depending on other factors STRESS from all angles in life can put a beating on one HPTA causing all kinds of issues. One needs to look at thyroid, cortisol, lifeestyles, sleep patterns, nutritional balance in order to see where the problem lies. In HRT alot of guys premature jump on it and never need it in the first place because the dr was lazy and never looked for the root case. Age has a big factor in determine if TRT is necessary. If interested in good HRT in north east USA please pm me
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'2"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Outwork, you answered your own question: I guess I'm wondering if mainstream family docs just don't know about TRT/HRT or what. He seemed to treat it like voodoo or something.

Yes, mainstream docs don't know jack about HRT and HGH/HCG. They are owned by the pharmaceutical companies who want them to just accept that aging and feeling like **** are somehow normal and we need to accept it until they can treat us with a bunch of meds and make us addicted to prescription drugs well into our 90s when we finally die of old age, much of which would have been prevented with hormonal balancing. It sickens me.

I watched my parents go down that way and I'm not going there. Or at least I'm going there as strong as possible. Found a wonderful anti aging doc in Boca Raton, FL, had the full workup, tests, etc (insurance did pay for the blood work which I had drawn here in my town). Now I'm on hormonal therapy and I inject something I can't talk about every day as well (you can figure it out). Feel fabulous.

Keep looking til you find someone who knows what they are talking about. Mainstream docs do not. They can treat disease but in terms of preventing it or reversing hormonal depletion, they have no knowledge or skills. It's easier to laugh about HRT and HGH than to find out about it and do something for patients that's more challenging than throwing them a prescription.

That's my 2c anyway.

Anne
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Do not say a thing, just ask your present doctor, or any other doctor for prescription for a blood test.
    Post #44, between blue lines, here:
    Jan's BloodTest April13/2007

Only after you have results of that list in your hand, you will be free to discuss any theories that anybody throws at you.
    You will also know if they are full of ### or make some sense.

You are working, with insurance my out of pocket cost for that list is $6.

With that list you can talk, without it you are blind.

Look at my post #137 there for desirable numbers.

HUMAN ENGINE SPECS

Quote Originally Posted by OutWorkU View Post

Similar Forum Threads

1. Cycle question/Been out of the game question
    By animalkrack3r in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-19-2012, 04:34 PM
  2. Daa question + waxy maize (Kwick Karb) question
    By doolee in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-06-2011, 12:57 PM
  3. Progesterone Gyno question and Epi question
    By burywhite in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2