Arimidex and Vitamin D deficiency linked?

  1. Registered User
    ItsHectic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,607
    Answers
    0

    Arimidex and Vitamin D deficiency linked?


    I have been taking Arimidex .5mg every 3 days for about 2-3 years now, I could say so far so good except that my blood work came back showing a vitamin D deficiency, how bad I do not know yet until my copy arrives in the mail.
    The nurse called me this morning and told me to start on 2000IU of Vit. D3 per day for a month then cut it down to 1000IU per day. So based on the fact they called me I am guessing I am very deficient and not just borderline. I have actually been feeling depressed and lethargic lately which is why I had the test(I convinced myself I was anemic).

    I did some searching and came across an article which said 1 3rd of Arimidex patients had a vitamin D deficiency, I can not find it now but here is an article that is more explanatory:
    Vitamin D may lessen the pain for those on Arimidex - Breast Cancer Blog

    I have never had any joint pain, I believe that is linked to having low Estradiol, but according to the link, vitamin D deficiency could be caused by a direct action of Arimidex in the liver which could explain my case.

    So with all that said I was wondering if anyone else here on Arimidex has found themselves to have a vitamin D deficiency.

  2. Registered User
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Answers
    0


    We all have low Vit. D levels here is a good video about it.
    http://www.uvadvantage.org/portals/0/pres/
    I take what I feel is the best Vit. D out there each drop is 2000 IU's I take 6 drops every morning works great I don't know what your Dr. is saying about how much to take but I can tell you you can't take to much of it.
    Bio D-Mulsion Forte

    If you still doing this dose of Arimidex .5 mgs this is very strong I do about 800 mgs of Depo T shot / month and do them in shots every 3 days and I do HCG the 2 days each in between this keeps me more leveled and holds down my Estradiol levels. I use to do shots once a week and 500 IU's of HCG 3 x's a week and needed to take a high dose of arimdex to keep my levels down. Now all I take is .25 mgs every 2 to 3 days and I use my night time and morning wood to gage not going down to low. I my wood stops before I get out of bed I see if I can get it up if not I know I went to low on E2. So I just stop the Arimidex until wood comes back that day I go back on it but do less like every 3 days. Between my wood and lab I keep my levels good.
  3. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,304
    Answers
    0


    The RDA for Vitamin D is the most destructive joke ever played on the population. It is retardedly low.

    As mentioned in the post above, a very high number of Americans are low on vitamin D - which is pretty much THE master vitamin for both structure and functionality of the human body.

    2000 is even a tad low, IMO - I would shoot for 4000-5000iu a day.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Answers
    0


    Oh yes a man next to my heart well said did you see the video.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    The RDA for Vitamin D is the most destructive joke ever played on the population. It is retardedly low.

    As mentioned in the post above, a very high number of Americans are low on vitamin D - which is pretty much THE master vitamin for both structure and functionality of the human body.

    2000 is even a tad low, IMO - I would shoot for 4000-5000iu a day.
  5. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,304
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18 View Post
    Oh yes a man next to my heart well said did you see the video.
    no, I didn't look at he video, but I have been researching Vitamin D for some time, finally realizing it's key role in EVERYTHING.

    I'm also getting ready to release those SolarSorb Vitamin D strips, and gunning for 2000iu each.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  6. Registered User
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Answers
    0


    That is great the word needs to get out there about Vit. D I can't tell you how much better I feel keeping my levels up and I sleep much better. One can just put 2 drops of 2000IU's of Vit D on there Tongue and why will sleep like a baby if they are low.
  7. Registered User
    Imeniaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    610
    Answers
    0
  8. Registered User
    ItsHectic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,607
    Answers
    0


    I just watched the video.
    I wanna take more Vitamin D but I was told specifically to take that amount and they are gonna follow me up. On the up side spring is just starting here so I would be at a yearly low. BTW my levels are 30(50-150) not sure what measurement it is as I had to call up for them and didnt bother to ask.
    I did actually get some other results back in the mail today and I am borderline anemic but thats for another thread.
  9. Registered User
    Gutterpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,481
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by ItsHectic View Post

    I did some searching and came across an article which said 1 3rd of Arimidex patients had a vitamin D deficiency, I can not find it now but here is an article that is more explanatory:
    Vitamin D may lessen the pain for those on Arimidex - Breast Cancer Blog.

    These patients are on massive amounts of arimidex compared to men on TRT.

    Don't go by any female breast cancer studies for side effects of arimidex etc. They are useless for TRT patients.
  10. Registered User
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Answers
    0


    A lot of the men I talk to have low Ferritin or Iron levels for most of them it's there Thyroid is low others have low Folic Acid levels and B-12.
    http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/ferritin/

    And yes the sides women have on Arimidex we men don't get them we don't need that high a dose most men do good on just 1/4 of a one mg. pill .25 mgs every 2 to 3 days.
  11. Registered User
    jinxie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,290
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18 View Post
    We all have low Vit. D levels here is a good video about it.
    http://www.uvadvantage.org/portals/0/pres/
    I take what I feel is the best Vit. D out there each drop is 2000 IU's I take 6 drops every morning works great I don't know what your Dr. is saying about how much to take but I can tell you you can't take to much of it.
    Bio D-Mulsion Forte

    If you still doing this dose of Arimidex .5 mgs this is very strong I do about 800 mgs of Depo T shot / month and do them in shots every 3 days and I do HCG the 2 days each in between this keeps me more leveled and holds down my Estradiol levels. I use to do shots once a week and 500 IU's of HCG 3 x's a week and needed to take a high dose of arimdex to keep my levels down. Now all I take is .25 mgs every 2 to 3 days and I use my night time and morning wood to gage not going down to low. I my wood stops before I get out of bed I see if I can get it up if not I know I went to low on E2. So I just stop the Arimidex until wood comes back that day I go back on it but do less like every 3 days. Between my wood and lab I keep my levels good.
    Chronic use of 12k IUs per day of VIt D could be harmful to your health. It's WAAAAAAY too much for long-term use. After getting values optimized, you should need no more than 1-4k IUs per day.
  12. Registered User
    jinxie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,290
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by ItsHectic View Post
    I just watched the video.
    I wanna take more Vitamin D but I was told specifically to take that amount and they are gonna follow me up. On the up side spring is just starting here so I would be at a yearly low. BTW my levels are 30(50-150) not sure what measurement it is as I had to call up for them and didnt bother to ask.
    I did actually get some other results back in the mail today and I am borderline anemic but thats for another thread.
    I'd start at 5k IUs for a month, and then move down to 2k IUs. That should bring you up in a month. You could even go with 10K IUs, but only for a month. Go get some sunshine too -- or a light box.
  13. Registered User
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Answers
    0


    Did you watch the video I don't self treat I do what my Dr. tells me. And we dose by my levels on labs.
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    Chronic use of 12k IUs per day of VIt D could be harmful to your health. It's WAAAAAAY too much for long-term use. After getting values optimized, you should need no more than 1-4k IUs per day.
  14. Registered User
    ItsHectic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,607
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    These patients are on massive amounts of arimidex compared to men on TRT.

    Don't go by any female breast cancer studies for side effects of arimidex etc. They are useless for TRT patients.
    This is the dose I was prescribed by 2 seperate doctors.
    I am also on testogel btw. my E2 was high out of range before starting arimidex now its normal.
  15. Registered User
    Gutterpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,481
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by ItsHectic View Post
    This is the dose I was prescribed by 2 seperate doctors.
    I am also on testogel btw. my E2 was high out of range before starting arimidex now its normal.
    Yeah your arimdex dosage sounds decent. I personally need a little more than this.

    I'm just saying that these studies on armidex sides for cancer patients are bunk for us because their dosages are extremely higher.

    For vitamin D, I think 1/3rd being deficient is probably the normal average, not just for arimidex users. It's a common thing especially in north america.
  16. Registered User
    colorado's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    57
    Answers
    0


    where can you get liquid Vit D in iu's?
  17. Registered User
    Gutterpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,481
    Answers
    0


    I take Carlson Solar D Gems. 4000iu soft gels. It's vitamin D3 in oil...cod liver oil & cholicalciferol. It's probably the most natural form and most bio-available. Gives me a whopping dose of vitamin D, with a small dose of vitamin E and some omega 3's. This has no vitamin A in it. I'm taking 2 per day.

    I have had signs of insulin resistance, and I think a vitamin D deficiency has a big role to play in this. I work too much indoors and don't get close to enough sunlight, so I'm trying 8000iu's per day for a month or two before I go in for my next labs.

    @ colorado: All Vitamin D3 is messured in IU's though. even the hard tabs.
  18. Registered User
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Answers
    0


    I buy mine off the web $16 a bottle it's by far the best Vit. D out there Dr.'s tell people to get this brand. Bio D-Mulsion Forte.
    I do 5 drops every morning I put them on the back of my hand and lick it off each drop is 2000IU's lasts a long time if you take it at bed time it helps you sleep.
    http://www.mccombsplanstore.com/prod...sp?number=BIOD
  19. Registered User
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,699
    Answers
    0


    I just use the NOW brand 5,000 iu gels whenever I can't get consistent sun exposure. One of the better deals out there IMO.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. The Link Between Candida and Vitamin B12 Deficiency
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 11:25 AM
  2. How do you diagnose hidden Vitamin B12 deficiency?!?
    By MetalMX in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-09-2009, 12:49 AM
  3. Vitamin deficiency - How do you know if you have it? / Life Style Changes.
    By HQProperty in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-04-2008, 09:45 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-17-2007, 02:42 AM
  5. New Test for Vitamin B-12 Deficiency
    By yeahright in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-18-2006, 02:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in