Test-E - Needle Gauge - AnabolicMinds.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Test-E - Needle Gauge

  1.  08-10-2009  09:13 PM
    Registered User Want2Grow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Stats
    5'10"  260 lbs.
    Posts
    16
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Rep Power
    66

    Test-E - Needle Gauge


    So for the past few months I have been self injecting test-e. My doctor was kind enough to explain the process, but then didn't give me any advice on needles.

    Well the pharmacy is absolutely worthless when it comes to know what needle length and gauge to use.

    So I've been going about this trial and error and am curious as to what everyone else is using.

    What I have decided on is using a 21gauge needle to draw with and a 25gauge 1.5inch for injection.

    The 25g needle takes awhile to inject with as I'm really having to push to get it out of the syringe.

    I've been thinking of going to a 23g needle, but I have to say the 25g really slides in nice and easy. Part of that I think is due to using a different needle to draw up the test-e with so I'm not dulling the tip on the one used for injection.

    Anyway, just curious as to what everyone else is using.

    Thanks!



  2.  08-10-2009  10:24 PM
    Registered User tnubs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,245
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Rep Power
    23608

    I totally forgot what i used, but i had to switch mid way through my cycle. I ended up using a guage that took like a solid 2 minutes to suck up a mL cuz it was too small, but when i injected, it left no mark and i couldnt even feel it. I never bothered with switching the needle to draw and then a new one to inject. I think it might have been a 25 i was using. it was difficult to inject cuz there was so much backpressure trying to push such thick oil through a tiny hole.

    just curious, when u pull the needle out, does some of the oil ever come back out? i had that problem. id leave it in there for a min after. duno whats the best way, but it worked most of the time.
    IBE/PHF Anabolic Trinity Epistane, Trenavar, and Ment - Available Now!

    •   
  3.  08-10-2009  11:17 PM
    Registered User longrob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Age
    60
    Posts
    158
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Rep Power
    153

    Check the thread in this section titled, Subcutaneous Test Injections Study. I inject SC twice a week with 30 ga insulin pins. Takes 2 min to draw and 2 min to inject, but no pain and little scar tissue.
    -Rob

  4.  08-10-2009  11:20 PM
    Registered User Bigblondekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Stats
    5'11"  245 lbs.
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Posts
    52
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Rep Power
    85

    I would stick with the 25g pin and just start heating up your test. Set it in some hot water for a while before pinning or some people even toss it in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds. Make sure that it's isn't too hot when you inject, or it hurts like hell. I have been pinning tren-e dosed at 300mg/ml, thickest gear I ever used, and when it's warm I have no problem pushing it through a 25g.

    If heating it up doesn't work and you're still having trouble then you will probably want to go with a 23g. Hope it works out.

  5.  08-11-2009  01:41 AM
    Registered User tnubs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,245
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Rep Power
    23608

    heating doesnt hurt the potency? id be scared of that, personally.
    IBE/PHF Anabolic Trinity Epistane, Trenavar, and Ment - Available Now!

  6.  08-11-2009  11:23 AM
    Registered User Want2Grow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Stats
    5'10"  260 lbs.
    Posts
    16
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Rep Power
    66

    Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    I totally forgot what i used, but i had to switch mid way through my cycle. I ended up using a guage that took like a solid 2 minutes to suck up a mL cuz it was too small, but when i injected, it left no mark and i couldnt even feel it. I never bothered with switching the needle to draw and then a new one to inject. I think it might have been a 25 i was using. it was difficult to inject cuz there was so much backpressure trying to push such thick oil through a tiny hole.

    just curious, when u pull the needle out, does some of the oil ever come back out? i had that problem. id leave it in there for a min after. duno whats the best way, but it worked most of the time.
    Yeah the doctor told me that using a 21g needle to draw would be easier. Of course he didn't tell me that until I had been doing it for 2 months. But yeah I have the same backpressure with the 25g needle.

    No with a 1.5" needle I never have a problem with oil leakage. The doc told me to do either an air bubble and make sure I aspirate. Or to stretch the skin to 1 side prior to insertion which is what I do.

  7.  08-11-2009  11:24 AM
    Registered User Want2Grow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Stats
    5'10"  260 lbs.
    Posts
    16
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Rep Power
    66

    Originally Posted by longrob View Post
    Check the thread in this section titled, Subcutaneous Test Injections Study. I inject SC twice a week with 30 ga insulin pins. Takes 2 min to draw and 2 min to inject, but no pain and little scar tissue.
    -Rob
    I will. I was wondering how people were using insulin needles. I had read a couple of posts where they said they were doing that. So sub-q I guess is ok? My doctor told me to do IM so that is what I have been doing.

  8.  08-11-2009  11:26 AM
    Registered User Want2Grow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Stats
    5'10"  260 lbs.
    Posts
    16
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Rep Power
    66

    Originally Posted by Bigblondekid View Post
    I would stick with the 25g pin and just start heating up your test. Set it in some hot water for a while before pinning or some people even toss it in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds. Make sure that it's isn't too hot when you inject, or it hurts like hell. I have been pinning tren-e dosed at 300mg/ml, thickest gear I ever used, and when it's warm I have no problem pushing it through a 25g.

    If heating it up doesn't work and you're still having trouble then you will probably want to go with a 23g. Hope it works out.
    Never thought about heating it. I guess it is an oil and heat does help viscosity with oils.

    Would I put the syringe w/ the test-e in the water, or the vial. Of course the vial can go in the microwave. And that kind of scares me. I could imagine heating it up to much and it burning like a mother going in.

  9.  08-11-2009  11:33 AM
    Board Supporter joeymutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New York
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,276
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Rep Power
    740

    Originally Posted by Want2Grow View Post
    So for the past few months I have been self injecting test-e. My doctor was kind enough to explain the process, but then didn't give me any advice on needles.

    Well the pharmacy is absolutely worthless when it comes to know what needle length and gauge to use.

    So I've been going about this trial and error and am curious as to what everyone else is using.

    What I have decided on is using a 21gauge needle to draw with and a 25gauge 1.5inch for injection.

    The 25g needle takes awhile to inject with as I'm really having to push to get it out of the syringe.

    I've been thinking of going to a 23g needle, but I have to say the 25g really slides in nice and easy. Part of that I think is due to using a different needle to draw up the test-e with so I'm not dulling the tip on the one used for injection.

    Anyway, just curious as to what everyone else is using.

    Thanks!
    Thats exactly what i do draw with a 20 gauge or 23 gauge, then pin with a 25 1.5 inch.

  10.  08-11-2009  11:34 AM
    Board Supporter joeymutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New York
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,276
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Rep Power
    740

    Originally Posted by longrob View Post
    Check the thread in this section titled, Subcutaneous Test Injections Study. I inject SC twice a week with 30 ga insulin pins. Takes 2 min to draw and 2 min to inject, but no pain and little scar tissue.
    -Rob
    sorry bro but test e won't fit into a slin pin not if it's real. suspension sure but not with an oil the oil is too thick.

  11.  08-11-2009  04:11 PM
    Registered User longrob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Age
    60
    Posts
    158
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Rep Power
    153

    I have stable TT blood test levels dosing prescribed T-Cyp with 30 ga slin pins subcutaneously twice a week for the past year.

  12.  08-11-2009  04:44 PM
    Registered User Want2Grow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Stats
    5'10"  260 lbs.
    Posts
    16
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Rep Power
    66

    Originally Posted by joeymutz View Post
    sorry bro but test e won't fit into a slin pin not if it's real. suspension sure but not with an oil the oil is too thick.

    Actually it will because that is what the pharmacy 'sold' me the first time around.

    Of course you are looking at 20 mins to draw and inject. And of course forget doing an IM w/ those tiny needles. It was a royal pain to say the least.

  13.  08-11-2009  04:45 PM
    Recovering AXoholic thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Rep Power
    11884

    Originally Posted by joeymutz View Post
    sorry bro but test e won't fit into a slin pin not if it's real. suspension sure but not with an oil the oil is too thick.
    It will fit.

    Injections will just take several hours.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

  14.  08-11-2009  04:50 PM
    Registered User Want2Grow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Stats
    5'10"  260 lbs.
    Posts
    16
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Rep Power
    66

    Originally Posted by joeymutz View Post
    Thats exactly what i do draw with a 20 gauge or 23 gauge, then pin with a 25 1.5 inch.
    Do you reuse your drawing needle or discard after each use?

    Luckily for me, my wife is an aesthetician and has to sterilize her tools all the time so I just run alcohol through the needle and put it in her autoclave.

  15.  08-11-2009  05:16 PM
    Registered User SoCo4Fun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Location
    PNW
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,018
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Rep Power
    580

    Needles are so cheap I throw it away after each time...For heating I run the vial under hot water for a bit before swabbing the top and drawing.

  16.  08-11-2009  06:28 PM
    Registered User Bigblondekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Stats
    5'11"  245 lbs.
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Posts
    52
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Rep Power
    85

    Just heat it up in the vial, been doing it myself for a while. If you put it in the microwave just do it for about 20-30 seconds depending on the quantity. It's okay if you heat it up too much just draw it and wait until you can comfortably handle the syringe, should just feel warm. I found that this also helps with dispersal after you pin, I get less soreness the next day.

    And as far as potency goes, the temps at which most steroids break down and become less potent is usually up in the viscinity of 300-400 degrees so I doubt that would happen unless you microwaved it for about an hour.

  17.  08-12-2009  10:44 AM
    Board Supporter joeymutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New York
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,276
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Rep Power
    740

    Originally Posted by Want2Grow View Post
    Actually it will because that is what the pharmacy 'sold' me the first time around.

    Of course you are looking at 20 mins to draw and inject. And of course forget doing an IM w/ those tiny needles. It was a royal pain to say the least.
    ok yeah that makes sense. it would take an extremly long time to inject. I would be surprised if you could even draw. i had a 25g pin and was trying to draw shering primo which is extremly thick. nedless to say i use a 20, 22, or 23g to draw everything. Then just switch the needle.

  18.  08-12-2009  10:46 AM
    Board Supporter joeymutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New York
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,276
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Rep Power
    740

    Originally Posted by Want2Grow View Post
    Do you reuse your drawing needle or discard after each use?

    Luckily for me, my wife is an aesthetician and has to sterilize her tools all the time so I just run alcohol through the needle and put it in her autoclave.
    I reuse the drawing needle but when i pin i switch from a 20g or 22g to a 25g depending on what I'm pinning. I always wipe the drawing pin down with a sterile alcohol wipe before i stick it in the vial though.

  19.  08-12-2009  10:59 AM
    NutraPlanet Fanatic dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    43
    Posts
    20,924
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Rep Power
    621776

    Beware putting a vial in the microwave...most of them are metal topped.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  20.  08-12-2009  11:03 AM
    Board Supporter joeymutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New York
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,276
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Rep Power
    740

    Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Beware putting a vial in the microwave...most of them are metal topped.
    I never even thought about that. I never would put it in the microwave anyway. heating it up isn't a bad idea but i've been on for 14 weeks so i dont see the point of doing it now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Forum Threads

  1. pinning test e and deca in the same needle?
    By dubplate6 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-29-2011, 06:15 PM
  2. 22 Gauge X 1.5 inch needle
    By rick055 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 01:15 PM
  3. Test Suspension (25 gauge too small)
    By PIOTREK in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-29-2006, 02:47 PM
  4. WTF, can't draw Test Ethan from a 25 gauge pin!
    By habit50 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-06-2006, 03:24 PM