How to convince doc to prescribe HCG?

paradigmer

Awards
I'm on month two of T therapy. Test Cypionate 200mg every 2 weeks.

I understand that HCG will help preserve natural T production. If the Dr. didn't offer that to begin with, how does one go about convincing him to prescribe? Usually their ego doesn't allow outside suggestion - at least in my experience.

Thanks!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you are on TRT for life, whats the big deal? theres not enough natural T production to be of any use. What HCG is for in TRT at most is to keep your testicles from shrinking too much, which may not happen all that badly anyhow

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
you can get 10,000ius for cheap (can't say exactly, against board rules) why would you need a doc for this?

mikeyboyeee

Awards
Find a new Dr. (easier said then done I know).
I am lucky. my new Dr. told me, ya know, you might need HCg too ;)

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you can get 10,000ius for cheap (can't say exactly, against board rules) why would you need a doc for this?

I agree. I get mine cheaper than US pharmacy prices, even though I am prescribed it. My insurance doesn't easily cover compounded pharmas..and my doc uses a compounding pharmacy. 10,000 iu's is too much to get at once though unless you are on hCG monotherapy. I prefer to get ~2000iu vials and always keeping it fresh

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
I agree. I get mine cheaper than US pharmacy prices, even though I am prescribed it. My insurance doesn't easily cover compounded pharmas..and my doc uses a compounding pharmacy. 10,000 iu's is too much to get at once though unless you are on hCG monotherapy. I prefer to get ~2000iu vials and always keeping it fresh
yea i learned the hard way. i figured that getting it and mixing it, saving what i didn't use till my next cycle would be ok. then i find out that its shelf life once mixed is like 40 days or so. i'll wind up throwing away quite a bit......noobie mistake

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You can freeze it though in pre-filled syringes I've been told... but the thought of that still makes me feel like it wouldn't be as fresh as 2-3 week old peptide

longrob

Awards
I am in the same boat. On my next visit to the doc, I want him to prescribe hCG. I am preparing an argument to make based on what I have been reading. Properly functioning testicles have many benefits. Google Dr John Crisler's AN UPDATE TO THE CRISLER HCG PROTOCOL.
I buy 5000ius and dose it at 500ius twice a week. Reconstitute your hCG with BW. It will be good until it turns cloudy.
-Rob

techlogik

Awards
Find a new Dr. (easier said then done I know).
I am lucky. my new Dr. told me, ya know, you might need HCg too ;)
What he said....the fact that you have to "convince" your doctor tells me your doctor doesn't have a clue.

steve999

Awards
You don't say whether you are primary or secondary, so it's not clear if HCG would help in your case.

If HCG would help, tell your doc you want to have kids and he'll prescribe HCG. Path of least resistance.