Doctor switched me to Testosterone injections

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.71%

Doctor switched me to Testosterone injections

I have been diagnosed with low T....Im only 34 years old, very symptomatic with an initial T count of 260. Doc prescribed me a T compounding cream. After nearly 2 months of feeling pretty much the same, I went back to him and the new labs showed a T count of 250...an actual DROP. He put me on Testosterone C. injections. He told me to do 200mg every 2 weeks. To avoid the rollercoaster effect of injectable T, I am doing 100mg every week instead. I inject in my quadriceps...much easier than the glutes.

My question to those with low T....what dose was most effective for you ? 100 mg/week, 200mg ? 300 mg ?

I of course want to avoid any estrogen conversion and have heard that doses less than 400mg/week will not cause any estrogen conversion. Any experiences/insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by filo74 View Post
    I have been diagnosed with low T....Im only 34 years old, very symptomatic with an initial T count of 260. Doc prescribed me a T compounding cream. After nearly 2 months of feeling pretty much the same, I went back to him and the new labs showed a T count of 250...an actual DROP. He put me on Testosterone C. injections. He told me to do 200mg every 2 weeks. To avoid the rollercoaster effect of injectable T, I am doing 100mg every week instead. I inject in my quadriceps...much easier than the glutes.

My question to those with low T....what dose was most effective for you ? 100 mg/week, 200mg ? 300 mg ?

I of course want to avoid any estrogen conversion and have heard that doses less than 400mg/week will not cause any estrogen conversion. Any experiences/insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Injecting once a week is much better than every 2 weeks but not nearly enough
    You have to inject EOD, every other day.
    To be able to do that, use 31Ga 5/16" long needles

100mg/week (average) is a good start, You will end up somewhere
    EOD schedule (divide T-shots)
    T-shot(80-200)mg/week
    HCG-(250-500)iu
    doses adjusted per test results

you have to monitor your BAT(BioAvailableTestosterone) IF YOU ARE ABLE to get test at Quest Diagnostics,
    ONLY THIS TEST
    Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total (LC/MS/MS) Code: 14966X
    otherwise
    get
    TT
    SHBG
    and figure your FreeT(160-300) from chart
    closer to 300 beter

you have to use HCG-250iu with every EOD testosterone shot
    to preserve your natural testicular production, not only cosmetics

You could not accept transdermal-T
    That is a strong indicator that you have thyroid issues and possibly adrenal issues
    Look at my thread here:
    Jan's BloodTest April13/2007

peruse that whole thread

look at list of tests on post #44, between blue lines.

If you can do that list
    it will save you a lots of grief
    you will have much better idea of where you stand.

Good luck

3. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Thanks
    Start slow and work your way up ..There comes a cross over point to benefit to risk ratio of T/E (dark waters) 100 mgs and adjust from there after 6 weeks do not add adex in before the end of the 6 weeks. After 2-3 weeks you would have known if gels where going to work. If gels not cutting it then start examining thyroid and cortisol imbalances as this is most logical explanation. If your dr does not under stand cortisol then i suggest ZRT cortisol saliva test to make sure your adrenals are in proper working order.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.71%

how do you treat cortisol imbalances ?
  5. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.65%

how do you treat cortisol imbalances ?
    You must do your own due diligence and understand subject

otherwise you will not be able to recognize snow job from good advice.

Start with
    observations
    lots of reading
    read my thread, link in previous post
    testing

6. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.57%

you have to use HCG-250iu with every EOD testosterone shot
    to preserve your natural testicular production, not only cosmetics
    I started out with 250iu HCG EOD combined with EOD T-shots, but estrogen levels seemed to creep up over time. Previous tests indicated high conversion to estrogen from HCG, so I dropped back to 150iu HCG and seem to be feeling better.

When I went with straight T-shots, my estrogen levels dropped too low, so I need a combination of T-shots and HCG to get balanced levels if I want to avoid estrogen inhibitors, which I do. So it's a matter of figuring out how much T and HCG I need.

EOD shots are the way to go. I was previously doing weekly T-shots.
  7. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.65%

Quote Originally Posted by steve999 View Post
    I started out with 250iu HCG EOD combined with EOD T-shots, but estrogen levels seemed to creep up over time. Previous tests indicated high conversion to estrogen from HCG, so I dropped back to 150iu HCG and seem to be feeling better.

When I went with straight T-shots, my estrogen levels dropped too low, so I need a combination of T-shots and HCG to get balanced levels if I want to avoid estrogen inhibitors, which I do. So it's a matter of figuring out how much T and HCG I need.

EOD shots are the way to go. I was previously doing weekly T-shots.
    Good job.

These details are so minute that one have to be in tune with them all by himself.
    There is no doctor who will want to go into this much detail.

May be one (dr) will talk about, but practically only the person affected must be fully conscious of what is happening and take appropriate action.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bad Signs from testosterone injections CYP
    By Husker89 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-08-2011, 06:48 PM
  2. Subcutaneous Testosterone Injections Study
    By 1cc in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 10-22-2009, 03:22 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-08-2009, 04:14 PM
  4. doctor doctor give me the news!!