High Prolactin, LH. Can anybody help?

strongma122

strongma122

Awards
Hello everybody, here is my brief story.
I am 39yrs old, 80kilos, height 1m, 82cm. I eat healthy and train with heavy weights 3-4 times/week for the last ten years, perfect health condition and a happy life.

Last year I experience low sex drive and decreased sperm volume. I think its hormonal because I have perfect (but not often) erections and morning woods, but low sex drive.

I went to an endrocrinologist and told me to do some blood tests but I understood very clearly that he has no idea about TRT. He is not experienced, he asked me what is tribulus, maca, carnitine etc. He told me he doesnt know much about TRT so he doesnt want to have responsibility prescribing me anything because the blood tests are very good.

I leave in a small town and nobody can help me. So I hope internet and especially this forum will give me some good ideas how to improve my situation.

Here is my blood test:

FSH 4 iu/L (1,3 – 11,5)
LH 10,0 iu / L (0,5 – 10)
TEST 4,9 ng/ml (3 – 12)
FREE TEST 16,5 pg/ml (men 19-50yrs → 8,7 – 54,7)
SHBG 39,6 mmol/L (13 -71)
E2 27 pg/mL (15 – 71)
DHT 347,6 pg/ml (men 15-49yrs → 155 - 553)
PROLACTINE 18,0 ng/mL (1 – 18. (this is to the limit)
ΤSH 3,43 mlU/L (0,17 – 4,05)
17-Hydroxyprogesterone 2,2 ng/ml (0,3 - 3,3)
FREE T4 (free thyroxine) 1,5 pg/ml (0,75 – 1,7)
D4-a (androstenedione) 148 ng/dl (60 – 270 ng/dl
CORSTISOL 19,8 μg/ml (10,4 – 26,4 μg/dl)
DHEA-S 162 μg/dl (133 – 440)
BGP 24pg/ml (men 31-40 → 10,7 – 34,1)

afternoon test: 3,8

I have to say that three months ago I ingected 100mg testosterone just for a try. Six hours later I experienced very increased sex drive. The next days were quite good but one week later I felt breast tenderness and I was scared. Thats the only time I took testosterone. Now I wander if I must use some supplements or if I should try testim gel, but not alone. With 20-40mg Nolvadex per day and Proviron. I am thinking do it for one or two months and then PCT. Just for a try and then I see how things going.

I dont think that this small 100mg dose affected after 3 months this blood test. In purpose I didnt take any supplement except multivitamin 15 days prior to blood test.

I wonder why prolactin and LH are so high and DHEA-S so low. What can I do about them?

I would be very grateful to receive feedback.

U

Ultimate1985

Awards
The 100mg of test would not have any effect on you once it leaves your body. That small amount is not enough to cause shutdown or any other hormonal irregularities. To bring down the prolactin, you could try the herb vitex agnus castus or the prescription drug cabergoline. Cabergoline has the side effect of boosting sex drive in males.

P

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
High LH, but low testosterone might suggest primary hypogonadism (failure of leydig cells in testicles). However, some men with this condition respond well to hcg, which means their leydig cells are ok after all. Therefore, it seems something may be amiss with their own LH, possibly an autoimmune condition? Read the article below for more info:

www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/119603813/abstract?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0

Your TSH level looks suspicious for sub-clinical hypothyroidism. Have your Total T3 and Free T3 checked and keep a watch on those, along with TSH.

Elevated prolactin will kill libido. Can you get checked to see if you have a pituitary tumor?

Free Testosterone blood level doesn't give much info. Get a test for Bioavailable testosterone.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I am 39yrs old, 80kilos, height 1m, 82cm. I eat healthy and train with heavy weights 3-4 times/week for the last ten years, perfect health condition and a happy life.

tribulus, maca, carnitine etc.

Here is my blood test:

FSH 4 iu/L (1,3 – 11,5)
LH 10,0 iu / L (0,5 – 10)
TEST 4,9 ng/ml (3 – 12)
FREE TEST 16,5 pg/ml (men 19-50yrs → 8,7 – 54,7)
SHBG 39,6 mmol/L (13 -71)
E2 27 pg/mL (15 – 71)
DHT 347,6 pg/ml (men 15-49yrs → 155 - 553)
PROLACTINE 18,0 ng/mL (1 – 18. (this is to the limit)
ΤSH 3,43 mlU/L (0,17 – 4,05)
17-Hydroxyprogesterone 2,2 ng/ml (0,3 - 3,3)
FREE T4 (free thyroxine) 1,5 pg/ml (0,75 – 1,7)
D4-a (androstenedione) 148 ng/dl (60 – 270 ng/dl
CORSTISOL 19,8 μg/ml (10,4 – 26,4 μg/dl)
DHEA-S 162 μg/dl (133 – 440)
BGP 24pg/ml (men 31-40 → 10,7 – 34,1)
-----------------------------
Now I wander if I must use some supplements or if I should try testim gel, but not alone. With 20-40mg Nolvadex per day and Proviron. I am thinking do it for one or two months and then PCT. Just for a try and then I see how things going.
Lets say that we are not going to worry about your prolactin, not at this time.
Better yet, repeat that prolactin test, sometimes it tends to vary.

Why are you talking about PCT, have you been on steroids?
If not, you do not have "Post Cycle" situation.

Your testicles are not responding to a (high) LH signal, they are shutting down.
If you do not have children but plan on having, hurry or save sperm.

On top of your testicular problems, you have at least two more.

High SHBG=39.6
and
High TSH=3.43

You need testosterone, you need more than normal testicles are able to deliver. You do not want to shut your testicles down while supplying high doses of testosterone.

Your Thyroid have problems, other than thyroid itself, thyroid problems predict
bad results when using transdermal testosterone.

Your BGP (Osteocalcin) is ok, but why have you checked it?
Any reason dr was suspecting bone loss or bone disorders?

You have to do more investigations.
At least adrenals and thyroid.
Better if you could do my whole list of tests that I list on post #44 here, between blue lines:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-5.html

That test is meant mostly for use at Quest Diagnostics.
Below I will post more general list.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

You can arrange for that test ether right away or 2-3 months after you are on testosterone and HCG.

Also
I already know that you will need

Synthroid(T4)
Cytomel(T3)
Merdol 2mg pills
Arimidex(pills)=Liquidex(liquid)=Anastrozole(liquid)
HCG

make your doctor aware of it.

You also need injectable testosterone.
Available are
Testosterone cypionate or enanthate (200mg/mL)(stay away from 100mg/mL)
Sustanon-250(250mg/mL)
Nebido

Tell me what form of injected testosterone is available to you,
and I will tell you initial dose.

Unless you will use Nebido
you will have to inject (T + HCG) EOD every other day.
Get (psychologically) ready for this.

But you will be using tiny (31ga) short (8mm) needles, as used for insulin injections, so that is painless, but frequent.

If Nebido is used, do not do their use recommended 10-12 weeks intervals,
instead you are looking at (10-15) days.

Nebido is expensive, HCG you still have to use EOD, so not much gains in discomfort of frequent injections.

Good luck.

=====================================================

1 --------- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel w/EGFR
2 --------- Hepatic Function Panel
3 --------- VAP TM Cholesterol Test
4 --------- CBC w/ diff/PLT
5 --------- Iodine
6 --------- iodide
7 --------- Selenium
8 --------- Copper, serum
9 --------- Zinc
10 --------- Magnesium
11 --------- Phosphate
12 --------- C-Reactive Protein (CRP), Highly Sensitive, CSF
13 --------- Fibrinogen
14 --------- Homocysteine, cardio
15 --------- Lipoprotein (A) Lp(A)
16 --------- Iron and Iron Binding Capacity
17 --------- Iron, Total
18 --------- Ferritin
19 --------- Transferrin
20 --------- Folate, RBC & Hematocrit
21 --------- Hemoglobin A1c
22 --------- Hemoglobin, Plasma
23 --------- VITAMIN A, E, B3, B12
24 --------- Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy
25 --------- T3, Total
26 --------- T4, Total
27 --------- T3, Free
28 --------- T4,Free
29 --------- T3, Reverse
30 --------- Ultrasensitive TSH
31 --------- Thyroid Peroxidase and Thyroglobulin Antibodies
32 --------- Insuline, serum
33 --------- IGF Binding protein-3
34 --------- IGF-1
35 --------- DHEA Sulfate
36 --------- Aldosterone
37 --------- ACTH, Plasma
38 --------- Cortisol Binding Globulin (Transcortin)
39 --------- 8AM/4PM/10PM---Cortisol, Free and Total
40 --------- Prolactin
41 --------- Progesterone
42 --------- Pregnenolone
43 --------- Androstenedione
44 --------- Estradiol, sensitive
45 --------- Estrone
46 --------- Total Testosterone
47 --------- SHBG
48 --------- Albumin
49 --------- Dihydrotestosterone
50 --------- Ceruloplasmin
51 --------- Coenzyme Q10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
244.9 ----- 257.2 ----- 780.79
250.00 ----- 272.4 ----- 788.41
250.01 ----- 601.9 ----- 253.3
255.4 ----- 780.4 ----- 255.8
783.9 -----
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

strongma122

strongma122

Awards
Guys, thank you! Your posts are great!
You made me think and search in interesting directions.

Ultimate1985
To bring down the prolactin, you could try the herb vitex agnus castus or the prescription drug cabergoline. Cabergoline has the side effect of boosting sex drive in males.
I think this is the first experiment I ll do, to see the effects. I suspect Prolactin is the main issue in my case.

Philec48
Therefore, it seems something may be amiss with their own LH, possibly an autoimmune condition? Read the article below for more info:....
I think here is the no 2 suspect. If 4 week doses of Cabergoline do nothing I am thinking trying HCG. I dont have an opinion on dose and duration, but I ll read and learn.

Can you get checked to see if you have a pituitary tumor?
That scared me a lot. But I searched it and I found its not so dangerous as it seemes. Many cases are treated only with medicine. I think I ll check it as soon as I can. Here is a video that is very informative: youtube.com/watch?v=XzvrlBOiOfc
------------

JanSz
I dont think SHBG=39.6 is high. Its in the middle of the normal range. Am I wrong?

BGP checked for.. no reason! The doctor just wrote to do this.

I already know that you will need:
Synthroid(T4)
Cytomel(T3)
Merdol 2mg pills
Arimidex(pills)=Liquidex(liqui d)=Anastrozole(liquid)
HCG
make your doctor aware of it.

You also need injectable testosterone.
Available are
Testosterone cypionate or enanthate (200mg/mL)(stay away from 100mg/mL)
Sustanon-250(250mg/mL)
Nebido
Except of testosterone, hcg and arimidex, I dont know anything for the above medicines. I will need a lot of reading to form an opinion (which is necessary before I do any try). So I have to read a lot!

The test I took before 3 months was "testoviron" which is a mixture of two kinds of testosterone. Its a 250 ampule, and I took almost the half in one injection.

I must make clear here that I am not interested in any bodybuilding effects of the medicines or gains in strength. I am ok with my strength (example: 140 kilos deep squat X 9 reps) and my shape.I am interested only in make my sex life and my hormonal balance better.

Sorry for my bad english and THANK YOU!

I am looking forward for any new comments.

strongma122

strongma122

Awards
New data.
I ve done ACHT blood test with my other tests above, but the result came today. Here it is:

ACHT (morning) >> 71,0 pg/ml (6 - 58)
ACHT (afternoon) >> 20,5 pg/ml (7 - 30)

I dont know what that means.. but I know it isn't good.. :(

P

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
ACTH alone doesn't give much info. ACTH Stimulation Test includes before and after cortisol for ACTH injection. This will access adrenals' ability to produce upon demand.

strongma122

strongma122

Awards
I am thinking B6 and Zink. I ve used ZMA in the past. I think it is worth trying again.

strongma122

strongma122

Awards
I did the MRI check on the pituitary and its ok. It seems absolutely normal.
I am wondering if cabergoline (dostinex) will help me. Do you suggest me to try it? And I wonder if my pituitary is ok, why do I have so elevated LH and prolactin?

I did the dexamethazone test as well. I took 1 mg the previous night and next morning the cortisol was near zero (0,3 ug/dl) and ACHT was 7,6 pg/ml (normal range 6 - 58)

Any ideas what to check, what to try next?
I feel a little comfused..

strongma122

strongma122

Awards
I am thinking about Vitex. I bought capsules of 400mg each.
What dosage do you suggest?
I did the MRI check on the pituitary and its ok. It seems absolutely normal.
Any other ideas?

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
At the time of my last labs my levels were similar to yours lh was lower though over mid range. I came across a case study on the internet where a 20 something year old had high lh low fsh and low t. He responded to hcg same as in the case of secondary. Search it I tried, but couldn't find it I'm at work. Your fsh is kinda low so something maybe you should consider? I realize the lh points toward primary, but consider all your options. I am getting my results for a huge list of labs next week Tuesday hopefully gives me some answers. Also I forgot his name I think it was Impersivir6 or something like that he had high prolactin used bromo or caber and it only lifted his test around 100 points. I guess yours and my problems are multifaceted.

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
High LH, but low testosterone might suggest primary hypogonadism (failure of leydig cells in testicles). However, some men with this condition respond well to hcg, which means their leydig cells are ok after all. Therefore, it seems something may be amiss with their own LH, possibly an autoimmune condition? Read the article below for more info:

www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/119603813/abstract?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0

Your TSH level looks suspicious for sub-clinical hypothyroidism. Have your Total T3 and Free T3 checked and keep a watch on those, along with TSH.

Elevated prolactin will kill libido. Can you get checked to see if you have a pituitary tumor?

Free Testosterone blood level doesn't give much info. Get a test for Bioavailable testosterone.
Opps there it is. Good find Phil. Sadly this is one of the only ones I have come across. Would Fsh be an indicator? I've read that in testicular failure lh and fsh are both elevated same in kleinfelters. My fsh is normal and my lh is a little over mid range. Does fertility rule out testicular failure? Is there anyway to test this or is going on hcg the only way. I mean would clomid even be an option since it just increases lh? Anyone?

strongma122

strongma122

Awards
jon671 thanks!
I noticed something strange.
When I raise the dose of Astaxanthin, I feel horny and more energy. Its a clear feeling, not placebo effect. The usual dose of Asta is 4mg, and the dose with these effects is 8 or 12 mg. These days I will start using the combination 4 gr Acetyl-L-Carnitin and 1200 mg ALA. Look here if you re interested infowomanhrt.tripod.com/EDcureALC_ALA.html

My concern about drugs is about side effects in long term use. I want something permanent. Thats why I am searching natural products like vitex, astaxanthin, andioxidants etc. I dont want to make a critical mistake in the extremely sensitive hormone balance..