Need direction.

punxweb

Awards
I will try to keep a long story short. I am 28 and the last two years of my life, health wise, have gone to hell. I lift regularly and my diet is pretty clean. About a year ago, I had blood work done and it showed low testosterone. I was tested for some other things and found out I had thyroid issues and low test. I have tried some more natural therapies and they did not work for me. Each time I get tested, it seems my test value and TSH rise and fall in wave. So does how I feel. My highest total test has been 430 and lowest 212. My TSH ranges from 3.5 - 9.0. I constantly sweat in ac and have put on 30-40 lbs of fat. I am currently 228 at 5'8". I do have a decent amount of mass but it is truly covered up with the extra weight. At my best I was at 205 at 5% BF. The doctor I am seeing is a MD. He like to try holistic approaches first but has no problem prescribing anything. He has put me on Armour thyroid, but my TSH still fluctuates. He has me on compunded test cream at 300mg a day with chrysin in it. I believe that it is converting to estrogen and will be confirming this with blood work next week. I have used AS before but never abused them. My body reacted well to small doses. The question I have is what direction, as far as therapy, I should go. I am pretty damn tired of having one good month to three bad. If anyone has any experience with this please chime in and let me know. Thanks.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I will try to keep a long story short. I am 28 and the last two years of my life, health wise, have gone to hell. I lift regularly and my diet is pretty clean. About a year ago, I had blood work done and it showed low testosterone. I was tested for some other things and found out I had thyroid issues and low test. I have tried some more natural therapies and they did not work for me. Each time I get tested, it seems my test value and TSH rise and fall in wave. So does how I feel. My highest total test has been 430 and lowest 212. My TSH ranges from 3.5 - 9.0. I constantly sweat in ac and have put on 30-40 lbs of fat. I am currently 228 at 5'8". I do have a decent amount of mass but it is truly covered up with the extra weight. At my best I was at 205 at 5% BF. The doctor I am seeing is a MD. He like to try holistic approaches first but has no problem prescribing anything. He has put me on Armour thyroid, but my TSH still fluctuates. He has me on compunded test cream at 300mg a day with chrysin in it. I believe that it is converting to estrogen and will be confirming this with blood work next week. I have used AS before but never abused them. My body reacted well to small doses. The question I have is what direction, as far as therapy, I should go. I am pretty damn tired of having one good month to three bad. If anyone has any experience with this please chime in and let me know. Thanks.
Post all your tests.
sort by
date
lab name
analyte, value, units, range

describe what you were taking for about a month prior to testing

do not use chrysin

300mg a day (transdermal)
and not much testosterone in the blood means that your thyroid have a problems
but
you already know that

what is your body temperature (oral if you have no sinuses problems or other oral infections/inflamations)

You may need to test adrenals, or just (to play safe) support them while using thyroid hormones.

If your DHT is over 100ng/dL while on transdermal-T
you may have to switch to T-shots

Thransdermals you are using daily,
are you ready to do T-shots (and HCG-shots) every other day (with tiny and short needle, 31Ga)

Stop any AS
reason
you will do much better naturally, but properly adjusted

300mg/day of test is absolute waste
we have to switch you to injections
cypionate or enanthate (EOD with HCG)
if you are in UK you have Nebido available, do not go over 15 days,
I will figure out dose anf frequency for you.

If you are covered with fat, lifting weights will not remove fat.

Stop (98%) eating
wheat
rice
potatoes
sugar
high-fructose
hydrogynated fats

You may be missing minerals, vitamins that support thyroid and adrenals,
have you tested them?

You may have RT3 (highly suspected if low body temp),
do good thyroid testing
you may need thyroid hormones with emphasis on T3, (that will push RT3 down)
----------------------------------------

Look at my post #44,
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-2.html

list of tests between blue lines.

that is where I am heading, can you do them?

Look thru the 5 pages on that thread, may give you some ideas.

Good luck!

are you anywhere near zip 07410, my doc is there

punxweb

Awards
Thanks for the info JanSz. I will post the test result and answers to your questions shortly.

punxweb

Awards
Starting with the most resent test, all from Labcorp in the Tampa Bay area.

6/29/06
Tsh 8.15 ref .45-4.5
T4 6.9 ref 4.5-12
t3 uptake 37 ref 24-39
test serun 232 ref 241-827
test free 9.12 ref 5.0-21
This was the second test after having Armour dose increased and test cream 200mg/ml ED

4/30/09
Tsh 7.14 ref .45-4.5
T4 7.8 ref 4.5-12
t3 uptake 37 ref 24-39
test serun 500 ref 241-827
test free 22.35 ref 5.0-21
This was he first test after having armour increased and also test cream 200mg/ml ED. I felt great at this time and started losing fat and gaining muscle.

3/25/09
Tsh 6.07 ref .45-4.5
T4 8.2 ref 4.5-12
t3 uptake 37 ref 24-39
test serun 299 ref 241-827
test free 10.38 ref 5.0-21
This was the first test after being on Armor and test cream 100mg/ml. Felt like crap.

1/21/09
Tsh 4.261 ref .45-4.5
T4 7.9 ref 4.5-12
t3 uptake 36 ref 24-39
test serun 285 ref 241-827
test free 11.91 ref 5.0-21
This was before I was given anything for my thyroid and no test cream. Baseline

I have about 5 other test showing the same thing, low test & elevated TSH. I had one test that was a metabolic panel and it showed low C02. Strange.

Body temp is typically low but I always sweat my ass off. usually 97F.

How do I test the adrenals or support them?

I am not scared of shots. When I did do AS I rarely exceeded 200mg/wk cyp or enth and was able to put on 20 lbs in 10 weeks. No pct, kept 15lbs usually.

wheat- rarely eat any bread or grains
rice- eat frequently
potatoes- never
sugar - hate sugar, don't eat. Have to constantly watch ketosis, not on purpose.
high-fructose - none
hydrogynated fats - olive oil only.

You may be missing minerals, vitamins that support thyroid and adrenals,
have you tested them? Like what?

What is RT3?

I will check out your post, that is some serious reading.

Regular supps and meds:
Serovent - asthma
Albuterol - asthma
Singulair - allergies
Loratidine - allergies
Armour - thyroid
Test cream with chrysin 300mg/ml ED 150mg am & 150mg pm
multi vit
vit c
tribulus
zma
cee
bcaa
l-lysine

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
An ACTH Stimulation Test can help access adrenal function.

Since you said you felt like crap with your T4 at 8.2 (3/25/09 blood test), it may be that not enough T4 is being converted to T3, or your Reverse T3 may be elevated. See if you can get tested on total and free T3, and RT3.

Proper levels of zinc and selenium are needed by the liver to convert T4 to T3.

For healthy fat intake, olive oil is good for providing mono-saturated fat which helps raise HDL, but also consider coconut oil, which is a medium chain triglyceride to provide an excellent energy source. Some believe that coconut oil helps them lean out when it is used for muscle fuel. I buy the Jarro extra-virgin brand. Also, you need a healthy balance of Omega 6 and Omega 3. I recently discovered "Smart Balance" brand peanut butter which provides that for me.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Everything below you must dicuss with your doc before implementing anything.
Print this and discuss it with him.

I would like to figure out for you good starting dose for testosterone.
I need to know your last known SHBG level.
If you do not have it, we will find it at the next blood test and make adjustments.
For now lets do this:
Testosterone enanthate or cypionate 200mg/mL schedule EOD, EveryOtherDay
T-shot=0.2cc=20 units=40mg/EOD=140mg/week average
HCG-shot=250iu
do both shots one day next day free
test 3 months after starting on this schedule draw blood on the day of the shot, time of shot, before shot
I will post what tests to do below, combined with other tests.

Use only these needles for (T & HCG shots)
hocks.com/Merchant5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=A910291
BD Ultrafine II U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16inch Short Needle--1/2 Unit Markings 100/b

=====================================================
To support your adrenals I would like you to use Medrol.
You may not utilize thyroid medications without properly working adrenals.
Your current asthma and allergies medications may or may not interfere with this project.
Discuss with your doctor throughly, have him research this topic using your particulars.
To support your adrenals you want to do:

Medrol-6mg/day
either more convenient

4mg/wakeup + 2mg/bed-time
or
3mg/wakeup + 2mg/mid-day + 1mg/bed-time

whichever will work better for you

I will post what tests to do below, combined with other tests.

======================================================
You must be 2 weeks on Medrol before implementing anything below.

You did not said what dose of Armour you doing,
lately there is a problem with Armour's reformulation and strenght, it is unpredictable and weaker that old.
We will drop Armour (gradually) and replace it with combination (T4 + T3)
that is equal to about 3grains of Armour (the old style Armour) but have little more of T3
that should help with your low body temperature
The aim (at this phase) is to get your TSH around ~0.5
But if next test discover antibody we will increase dose untill TSH<0.01

Gradually get on daily dose of (Synthroid(T4)--100mcg) + (Cytomel(T3)--50mcg)
Synthroid take once a day, Cytomel breake into 3x/day
Any generic T4 and T3 is acceptable (from pharmacy, not from internet)
Once a week have a dropefull of Lugol's solution in your cofee or any other acceptable way to make sure you have enough (just right) iodine/iodide.
--------------------------------------------------------------
As soon as practical get Genova Diagnostics

Elemental Hair Analysis
Essential and Metabolic Fatty Acid Analysis (RBC)
and
SpectraCell-5000, Comprehensive Profile 5000 (713-621-3101)
---------------------------------------------------------------

At 3 months into your new testosterone schedule
and at least at
8 weeks on full (Synthroid + Cytomel) schedule
do this:

If you can, do complete blood test posted at my post #44
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-2.html

between blue lines,

if not, do this tests:

4 --------- CBC w/ diff/PLT
5 --------- Iodine
6 --------- iodide
7 --------- Selenium
8 --------- Copper, serum
9 --------- Zinc
10 --------- Magnesium
11 --------- Phosphate
17 --------- Iron, Total
18 --------- Ferritin
25 --------- T3, Total
26 --------- T4, Total
27 --------- T3, Free
28 --------- T4,Free
29 --------- T3, Reverse
30 --------- Ultrasensitive TSH
31 --------- Thyroid Peroxidase and Thyroglobulin Antibodies
33 --------- IGF Binding protein-3
34 --------- IGF-1
35 --------- DHEA Sulfate
36 --------- Aldosterone
xx --------- renin, sodium and potassium
37 --------- ACTH, Plasma
38 --------- Cortisol Binding Globulin (Transcortin)
39 --------- 8AM/4PM/10PM---Cortisol, Free and Total
40 --------- Prolactin
44 --------- Estradiol, sensitive
46 --------- Total Testosterone
47 --------- SHBG
48 --------- Albumin
49 --------- Dihydrotestosterone
===================================================

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Janz, wouldn't Medrol (Methylprednisolone) be a little too strong to start out with? You have to be careful with that stuff or it shuts down your adrenals. "Reset AD" or "Adrenal Rebuilder" products may be safer, or his doc could possibly prescribe hydrocortisone.

Also, if one is using hcg, they may not need more than 100mg of testosterone per week, but everyone's response is different, so I'm not bashing your advice, just suggesting alternatives. :)

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Janz, wouldn't Medrol (Methylprednisolone) be a little too strong to start out with? You have to be careful with that stuff or it shuts down your adrenals. "Reset AD" or "Adrenal Rebuilder" products may be safer, or his doc could possibly prescribe hydrocortisone.

Also, if one is using hcg, they may not need more than 100mg of testosterone per week, but everyone's response is different, so I'm not bashing your advice, just suggesting alternatives. :)
I do not mind open discussion, this is how I learn.
I am not a doctor, (just remaining).
Sometimes I am proud of not being a doctor when I see what some of them advice.

=======================================================
One have to start dosing somewhere.
Goals will take care of any excesses or low dosing.

6mg-Medrol=30mg-Cortef

I found 4x/day(Cortef) dosing a drag, impacting my QOL and often not sufficient if I forget and slip in couple of extra hours.
Medrol should be more forgiving.

Above dose should not suppress adrenals.
=========================================================
My own Goals
DHEAs(500-640)mcg/dL(13.55-17.34)µmol/L------------------major player, 95% time overlooked
Progesterone(0.9-1.2)ng/mL LEF
Pregnenolone(> 100ng/dL) Herthoge presentation
Estradiol, Ultrasensitive(25-29)pg/mL Hertoghe book
Estrone, LC/MS/MS (23244X)
do not use Anastrozole if possible or minimize its use
BATest(342, 460-575)ng/dL------------stay around 342 if you need more than 1.5mg/week Anastrozole to control E2 (upper 1/4 range)
DHT(60-90)ng/dL (I am active when it gets over or under this range)
RT3 in lower half of range, TotalT3 in upper 1/3 range
FreeT3~400pg/dL or higher if TotalT3 goal not reached
TotalT4>bottom of range
Oral temperature (36.25 - 36.80)C = (97.25 - 98.24)F (no sinus or oral infections)
###

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Janz, I just now saw the book at Amazon "The Hormone Solution". It was eye opening to read part of it online and see the charts showing how various hormones declined with age.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Janz, I just now saw the book at Amazon "The Hormone Solution". It was eye opening to read part of it online and see the charts showing how various hormones declined with age.
http://www.prolibraries.com

Provides lots of information and details.

Search on more outspoken names.

Shippen
Crysler
Braveman
Rothenberg
Gordon

many others

punxweb

Awards
I have no idea what my SHBG levels are. I can get tested for that soon. I would not mnd starting the shots. I am not feeling great with the cream at all.

I am truly scared of Medrol. It is a steroid. The reason I say this is I feel the steroids in my inhailers got me to where I am now. They put me on Symbicort and Advair. After I used these 2 inhailers, that is when my problems with my test and thyroid began. I never had any issues with anything before the use of these. What other way can I support my adrenals with no steroid?

The Armour dose is 60mg. It was increased from 30mg after my TSH was still high. I am currently supplimenting iodine.

There ar alot of blood tests requested here. I get all Labcorp tests for free through my insurance. Is there a test that covers most of these or are they all individual tests? How do Labcorps test rate as far as quality? I will be going for testing this week so a quick answer would be appreciated.

punxweb

Awards
I was looking at a blood test from a year ago and noticed my FSH was low, <1 ref 1.4-18.1. What role would this have on anything? This was before starting any HRT or thyroid therapy.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
FSH is the signal that tells the testicles to make sperm.

HCG mimics both LH and FSH.

punxweb

Awards
These are the test I will getting done this week.

DHT - 500142
ACTH Plasma - 004440
DHEA sulfate- 004697
RT3 - 002212
T3 Free, Serum - 010389
Estrodiol - 140244
SHBG - 082016
Testosterone Function Profile III - 058925

punxweb

Awards
Is the test, ACTH Plasma - 004440, the same as ACTH AM & PM?

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
LabCorp Code for ACTH to test before and after cortisol:

Test Number: 140761 CPT Code: 82533(x2)

punxweb

Awards
Doc prescribed Arimidex 1mg EOD. Would it be better to take .5mg ED or as advised?

punxweb

Awards
Any input guys? What is a good starting dose for Arimidex?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
FSH is the signal that tells the testicles to make sperm.

HCG mimics both LH and FSH.
HCG mimics LH

HMG mimics FSH

They are two completely different peptides, but you can buy a combination of the two as well.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
HCG mimics LH

HMG mimics FSH

They are two completely different peptides, but you can buy a combination of the two as well.
Isnt hmg very expensive?

I have heard it cost $500 per month but could be way off.

I would prefer to use hmg.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
HCG mimics LH

HMG mimics FSH

For the purpose of maintaining testosterone and sperm production, HCG does indeed "mimic" LH and FSH, in that it stimulates the leydig cells. The proof for this is that 99% of men on TRT who were fertile prior to going on TRT will maintain their fertility when adding HCG alone, if done early enough.

Now, it is technically correct that HMG more properly mimics FSH. FSH's main function is to stimulate the leydig cells to make more receptors for LH. My initial answer, though not as technically correct as yours was still "right" for the purpose for which it was intended, which was to suggest that with HCG one can maintain fertility. Why buy the super expensive HMG if it is not needed?

punxweb

Awards
Philec48, So the ACTH test, they inject you with something and they check you response? Has anyone ever done a ACTH test?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I have no idea what my SHBG levels are. I can get tested for that soon. I would not mnd starting the shots. I am not feeling great with the cream at all.

I am truly scared of Medrol. It is a steroid. The reason I say this is I feel the steroids in my inhailers got me to where I am now. They put me on Symbicort and Advair. After I used these 2 inhailers, that is when my problems with my test and thyroid began. I never had any issues with anything before the use of these. What other way can I support my adrenals with no steroid?

The Armour dose is 60mg. It was increased from 30mg after my TSH was still high. I am currently supplimenting iodine.

There ar alot of blood tests requested here. I get all Labcorp tests for free through my insurance. Is there a test that covers most of these or are they all individual tests? How do Labcorps test rate as far as quality? I will be going for testing this week so a quick answer would be appreciated.
Scared of Medrol is RIGHT.
You have to figure out what is that you are getting with those inhalers.

That have to be compared to 30mg of Cortef/day
If you are taking that much, you are covered.
If you are not taking that dose, you will have to make it up.
In addition your doc will have to figure out what are you going to do in case of high stress.
Normally you would take little extra Cortef, possibly few more whiffs of inhaler.

After you stabilized your adrenals with (2 inhalers + Cortef)
you may either stay on that or replace the Cortef part with Medrol.
Medrol is longer acting, you should have less ups and downs, more stable ride.

The idea is to support adrenals while they are going to be stressed by additional thyroid hormones that will have to be processed.

Then you have to figure out right dose of thyroid hormones.
Use my goals to figure out those doses.
Between your natural (low) production and supplementation you will be processing just right amount of thyroid hormones when you achieve those goals.
========================================
List for use at LabCorp
1 --------- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel w/EGFR
2 --------- Hepatic Function Panel
3 --------- VAP TM Cholesterol Test
4 --------- CBC w/ diff/PLT
5 --------- Iodine
6 --------- iodide
7 --------- Selenium
8 --------- Copper, serum
9 --------- Zinc
10 --------- Magnesium
11 --------- Phosphate
12 --------- C-Reactive Protein (CRP), Highly Sensitive, CSF
13 --------- Fibrinogen
14 --------- Homocysteine, cardio
15 --------- Lipoprotein (A) Lp(A)
16 --------- Iron and Iron Binding Capacity
17 --------- Iron, Total
18 --------- Ferritin
19 --------- Transferrin
20 --------- Folate, RBC & Hematocrit
21 --------- Hemoglobin A1c
22 --------- Hemoglobin, Plasma
23 --------- VITAMIN A, E, B3, B12
24 --------- Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy
25 --------- T3, Total
26 --------- T4, Total
27 --------- T3, Free
28 --------- T4,Free
29 --------- T3, Reverse
30 --------- Ultrasensitive TSH
31 --------- Thyroid Peroxidase and Thyroglobulin Antibodies
32 --------- Insuline, serum
33 --------- IGF Binding protein-3
34 --------- IGF-1
35 --------- DHEA Sulfate
36 --------- Aldosterone
37 --------- ACTH, Plasma
38 --------- Cortisol Binding Globulin (Transcortin)
39 --------- 8AM/4PM/10PM---Cortisol, Free and Total
40 --------- Prolactin
41 --------- Progesterone
42 --------- Pregnenolone
43 --------- Androstenedione
44 --------- Estradiol, sensitive
45 --------- Estrone
46 --------- Total Testosterone
47 --------- SHBG
48 --------- Albumin
49 --------- Dihydrotestosterone
50 --------- Ceruloplasmin
51 --------- Coenzyme Q10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
244.9 ----- 257.2 ----- 780.79
250.00 ----- 272.4 ----- 788.41
250.01 ----- 601.9 ----- 253.3
255.4 ----- 780.4 ----- 255.8
783.9 -----
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Philec48, So the ACTH test, they inject you with something and they check you response? Has anyone ever done a ACTH test?
Serum ACTH test by itself doesn't give much info. It's the "ACTH Stimulation" test that helps access adrenals.

First there is a blood draw for cortisol, then immediately a shot of ACTH, and after one hour another blood draw for cortisol. Sometimes aldosterone is also tested, but only if the doc specifies.

This test should be done early - 7:00am or so, but at least before 10am, before cortisol level starts to rise.

Not too much sodium or carbs eaten 24 hours before test, and 6 to 8 hours fasting right before blood draws.

I had the blood draws and ACTH injection, but when the hospital staff sent it out for testing, they only ordered ACTH, and didn't include cortisol. They agreed to refund my deposit. Makes me another statistic for medical mistakes. Just glad it wasn't a serious one! Those people are paid to pay attention to detail. Makes you wonder.

I decided not to have it done again. I'll just assume my adrenals need a little help and have started to use Siberian Ginseng and also (cautiously) pregnenolone 30mg per day. At some point I may do the 4x saliva cortisol test.

punxweb

Awards
JanSz, I have discontinued the use of those inhalers over 1.5 years ago. I truly felt like death while I was using them! That is why I stopped them. I felt better when I did but then started to have the thyroid and test issues. The only inhaler I am currently using is a long acting bronchial dilator.

Are you trying to suggest that with the use of corticosteroids will help support my adrenals? I was under the assumption that the corticosteroids put my adreanls under stress? Please clarify.

Thanks for the explanation Phil. I will be going for the test at 7am so the fasting should not be a problem.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
JanSz, I have discontinued the use of those inhalers over 1.5 years ago. I truly felt like death while I was using them! That is why I stopped them. I felt better when I did but then started to have the thyroid and test issues. The only inhaler I am currently using is a long acting bronchial dilator.

Are you trying to suggest that with the use of corticosteroids will help support my adrenals? I was under the assumption that the corticosteroids put my adreanls under stress? Please clarify.

Thanks for the explanation Phil. I will be going for the test at 7am so the fasting should not be a problem.
I do not know what you are actually using.
But my above precautions DEFINITELY apply.
-------------------------------------------------------
For example

Advair

is long acting bronchial dilator

Advair contains fluticasone and salmeterol.

Fluticasone is a synthetic corticosteroid.

Corticosteroids are a class of steroid hormones that are produced in the adrenal cortex.

punxweb

Awards
I am only using Serovent which contains salmeterol. This is just a bronchodilator.

punxweb

Awards
I did my blood tests this morning. Strange thing is, I had the Cortisol ACTH stimulation test and they did not inject anything and I did not have to stick around for any further testing. Did they do something wrong?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I am only using Serovent which contains salmeterol. This is just a bronchodilator.
You better tripple check each and every medicine,
plus be on alert with any new medicines,

but

off hand you should be able to take

30mg/dayCortef

Cortef=HC=Hydrocortisone

30mgCortef=6mgMedrol

I must tell you that I feel much more smooth after I switched to Medrol.

I tried versions,
best work for me

4mg/wakeup +2mg/sometimes afternoon
=============================================

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cortef=HC=Hydrocortisone

30mgCortef=6mgMedrol

I tried versions,
best work for me

JanSz did you try using florinef when you were taking HC? It greatly extends the life + action of the HC, as well as having other benefits. I think using florinef allows someone to minimize their use of HC.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
It's not an ACTH Stim test if they don't inject ACTH. They probably just drew for serum cortisol and ACTH.

Pace2

Awards
Jansz--Are you recommending an insulin pin for Test Cyp? Why? I thought it should be shot IM? Where are you injecting then? What is the reason for EOD? Are you saying do HCG on your non Test days?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
JanSz did you try using florinef when you were taking HC? It greatly extends the life + action of the HC, as well as having other benefits. I think using florinef allows someone to minimize their use of HC.
To figure out if you need Florinef

best do these tests:

-----------------------------------------------------
HYPERTENSION PROFILE 1 88401A
http://www.questdiagnostics.com/hcp/testmenu/jsp/showTestMenu.jsp?fn=88401A.html&labCode=QTE
------------------------------------------------

CPT Code(s): PROF
Preferred Specimen(s)
SEE INDIVIDUAL TEST COMPONENTS BELOW
Test Components
•17181X - ALDOSTERONE,LC/MS/MS
•11316X - POTASSIUM W/OCREAT 24HR U
•10537T - RENIN ACTIVITY,PLASMA
•11317X - SODIUM W/O CREAT,24-HR UR

=====================================================================

You may start with blood only
Aldosterone
potassium
renin
sodium
=============================

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Jansz--Are you recommending an insulin pin for Test Cyp? Why? I thought it should be shot IM? Where are you injecting then? What is the reason for EOD? Are you saying do HCG on your non Test days?
I am recommending very frequent testosterone and HCG applications.
daily transdermal-T
daily injectable-T

I do them myself.
I do EOD because I am not able/willing to do every day two shots.

I do (T + HCG) one day next day free.
Because the shots are very frequent I need very small volume of each shot.

I do not care what size needle one uses.
Masochists would think the bigger the better.
I use 3/10 insulin syringes 31Ga 5/16" long needle

---------------------
I use 175mg/week testosterone
my shots are
T-shot=40mg=20units=0.2cc
HCG-shot=400iu

-------------------------
For over a year I was not using Arimidex.
Now I am back on Anastrozole.
I take 0.1cc=0.1mg with my shots, 0.1*7/2=0.35mg/week

punxweb

Awards
I should know my blood test results tomorrow. I will post them and look forward to some insight.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
To figure out if you need Florinef

best do these tests:

-----------------------------------------------------
HYPERTENSION PROFILE 1 88401A
http://www.questdiagnostics.com/hcp/testmenu/jsp/showTestMenu.jsp?fn=88401A.html&labCode=QTE
------------------------------------------------

CPT Code(s): PROF
Preferred Specimen(s)
SEE INDIVIDUAL TEST COMPONENTS BELOW
Test Components
•17181X - ALDOSTERONE,LC/MS/MS
•11316X - POTASSIUM W/OCREAT 24HR U
•10537T - RENIN ACTIVITY,PLASMA
=

Yes, this is true. But have you tried it yourself? It greatly extends the half-life of cortisol. Might be a better option than medrol. I've heard medrol can easily shutdown your adrenals if you aren't careful...

Personally, I tried taking liquorice root extract for about a month with my cortisol and noticed that it extends the effects of my cortisol dosage. Flourinef works just like liquorice extract but even better/stronger.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Yes, this is true. But have you tried it yourself? It greatly extends the half-life of cortisol. Might be a better option than medrol. I've heard medrol can easily shutdown your adrenals if you aren't careful...

Personally, I tried taking liquorice root extract for about a month with my cortisol and noticed that it extends the effects of my cortisol dosage. Flourinef works just like liquorice extract but even better/stronger.
No, I did not tried Florinef.
=============================

Do you have some ideas of how to look at

aldosterone
potassium
renin
sodium

numbers, when using and adjusting Florinef doses?

I am missing good discussion on this topic.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No I haven't looked too much into flourinef until recently.

I used licorice root extract which is similar but not as strong, so you can basically play with doses without worrying about side effects too much, except for possible elevated blood pressure.

Flourinef on the other hand, has to be carefully monitored by a Dr. I did not know about testing renin, but I knew low aldosterone (and electrolyte imbalance) is cause for needing flourinef.

punxweb

Awards
I recieved the test results early. Here goes:
T4 7.4 ref 4.5-12.0 ug/dL
T3 3.0 ref 2.3-4.2 pg/mL
RT3 296 ref 90-350 pg/mL
TSH 9.25 high ref .45-4.5uIU/mL
Testosterone Serum 562 ref mIU/mL
LH 1.1 low ref 1.5-9.3 mIU/mL
FSH 1.3 low ref 1.4-18.1 mIU/mL
Prolactin 6.3 ref 2.1-17.7 ng/mL
DHT 57 ref 30-85 ng/mL
DHEA-Sulfate 287 ref 280-640 ug/dL
Estradiol <3 low ref 3-70
SHBG Serum 21 ref 13-71 nmol/L
Cortisol, ACTH Stimulation - they screwed it up -
baseline 18.5-18.9 no stimulation ref -AM 4.3-22.4 -PM 3.1-16.7

I took these test after fasting for 12 hrs at 7am in the morning. Estradiol test was slightly skewed. I was prescribed Arimedix. Took two 1 mg tabs over four days before blood draw. I think I need to reduce the dosage.
Current Supps and Scripts
Test Cream 150 mg/mL applied twice per day Total 300mg/day
Armour Thyroid 60mg ED
Serevent 50 mcg 1 inhailation ED
Arimidex 1 mg EOD
Singulair 10mg ED
Loratidine 10mg ED
Multi Vit
Vit C
Vit B complex
Tribulus
L-Lysine
Desicated Adrenals
ZMA

I think I should reduce the dose of Arimidex. Lack of wood being the major complaint. I think I will go with .5 mg EOD and get blood drawn. How long should I wait for a Estradiol test after changing dosage?

Janz, could you please help with the calculation on the free test?

Any input why the TSH would be so elevated even with the Armour?

Any other helpful insight or suggestions would be appreciated.

punxweb

Awards
Is the LH & FSH low because of the testosterone cream I am taking?

longrob

Awards
Is the LH & FSH low because of the testosterone cream I am taking?
I have not read this whole thread, but most likely, yes. HPT axis has decreased LH/FSH because of the exogneous T cream.
-Rob

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Arimidex 1 mg EOD
---------

You are on FAR too much arimidex. .5 mg eod is too much as well... Cut back to .5 mg e4d or e3d. If you shoot twice per week, take .5mg on day of shot, this is a good starting point if you feel you need an AI.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Disclaimer:
I have not read or remember any of your previous posts if any.
I am working of only information that you posted on this post.
There was also discussion wich ended with this post:
You better tripple check each and every medicine,
plus be on alert with any new medicines,

but

off hand you should be able to take

30mg/dayCortef

Cortef=HC=Hydrocortisone

30mgCortef=6mgMedrol

I tried versions,
best work for me

I recieved the test results early. Here goes:
T3 3.0 ref 2.3-4.2 pg/mL
RT3 296 ref 90-350 pg/mL
Prolactin 6.3 ref 2.1-17.7 ng/mL
DHT 57 ref 30-85 ng/mL
Cortisol, ACTH Stimulation - they screwed it up -
baseline 18.5-18.9 no stimulation ref -AM 4.3-22.4 -PM 3.1-16.7

I took these test after fasting for 12 hrs at 7am in the morning. Estradiol test was slightly skewed. I was prescribed Arimedix. Took two 1 mg tabs over four days before blood draw. I think I need to reduce the dosage.
Current Supps and Scripts
Armour Thyroid 60mg ED
Serevent 50 mcg 1 inhailation ED
Arimidex 1 mg EOD
Singulair 10mg ED
Loratidine 10mg ED
Multi Vit
Vit C
Vit B complex
Tribulus
L-Lysine
Desicated Adrenals
ZMA

I think I should reduce the dose of Arimidex. Lack of wood being the major complaint. I think I will go with .5 mg EOD and get blood drawn. How long should I wait for a Estradiol test after changing dosage?

Janz, could you please help with the calculation on the free test?

Any input why the TSH would be so elevated even with the Armour?

Any other helpful insight or suggestions would be appreciated.
You are astmatic, and taking or not taking medicines that affect adrenals.
You (and your doctor) have to inspect carefully which medicines they are and see how their combined effect is comparing to 30mgHydrocortisone/day
Very important, you do not want to overpower your adrenals, but you need adrenal support to be able to accept increased doses of thyroid hormones.
===========================
While on
Armour Thyroid 60mg ED=38mcgT4 + 9mcg(T3)
blood test shows:
T3 3.0 ref 2.3-4.2 pg/mL-------->reference range indicates that it is FreeT3(pls confirm)
RT3 296 ref 90-350 pg/mL

you have plenty T4, you are just dumping it into RT3(bad) instead of making T3(good)
you have not enough FreeT3
you have a lot RT3, want to have les than 200 on that test, 100 would be better

Until next blood test within 6 weeks
change Armour60mg=1grain to
T4=75mcg
T3=50mcg
==================================================

While on
Arimidex 1mg/EOD
you got results:

DHT 57 ref 30-85 ng/mL

You are using massive doses of testosterone and you are not even shut down.
Your LH & FSH are way above zero.
I am not sure if your TT is from the applied testosterone or (most likely most of it is your own natural).
Also your DHT is not that high, another indicator that you are not affected by this huge testosterone dose.
Forget about transdermal testosterone.
Stop using Arimidex, you may not need it, but if you do, it will be much less.

Sort of bad news.
When you change to injectable testosterone, two weeks prior to that start HCG(250iu/EOD)
You have to much of own testosterone to waste it.
Do not start injectable T without HCG (hell or high water)
Do not use injectable T if you cannot get HCG.

Use EOD schedule (every other day)
one day (T + HCG) shots, next day free of shots.

size of shots

T-shot=30mg=0.15cc=15units
HCG-shot=250iu
DHEA-50mg/day
do not use Arimidex(pills)=Liquidex(liquid)=Anastrozole(liquid)
but have supply of it at hand in case your next test indicate that you need it.

Do next tests 6weeks to 3 months after you arrive at steady schedule with everything, these tests:

Iodine
iodide
Selenium
Copper, serum
Zinc
Magnesium
Phosphate
Iron and Iron Binding Capacity
Iron, Total
Ferritin
Transferrin
Folate, RBC & Hematocrit
Hemoglobin A1c
Hemoglobin, Plasma
VITAMIN A, E, B3, B12
Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy
T3, Total
T4, Total
T3, Free
T4,Free
T3, Reverse
Ultrasensitive TSH
Thyroid Peroxidase and Thyroglobulin Antibodies
IGF Binding protein-3
IGF-1
DHEA Sulfate
Aldosterone
ACTH, Plasma
Cortisol Binding Globulin (Transcortin)
8AM/4PM/10PM---Cortisol, Free and Total
Prolactin
Progesterone
Pregnenolone
Estradiol, sensitive
Estrone
Total Testosterone
SHBG
Albumin
Dihydrotestosterone

punxweb

Awards
You are correct Jansz. That is free T3. So you are suggesting Cytomel? I will talk to my doc about this. You have stated that I need to check my meds for asthma. I have researched all of these and found nothing that would disrupt the adrenals.

I find it interesting that my natural test is not shut down. I really do not like the cream and I will talk to the doc about that. He has suggested these pellet implants but I was a little leary of them I suggested the HCG last visit to the doc and he said he was open to it. He suggested some herbal hcg but I would like to skip that step. Typically we try the homeopathic route first and if that does not work, we go for the script. The test cream he gave me had chrysin in it. I know it is debated if it works but could the combo of the chrysin and Arimidex knock my E2 down that far? Or was it just the Arimidex? I will back off the Arimidex. If my E2 levels rise, so should my test right? Are there reliable places to find HCG on the net if the doc does not agree? Any input would be appreciated.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
You are correct Jansz. That is free T3. So you are suggesting Cytomel? I will talk to my doc about this. You have stated that I need to check my meds for asthma. I have researched all of these and found nothing that would disrupt the adrenals.

I find it interesting that my natural test is not shut down. I really do not like the cream and I will talk to the doc about that. He has suggested these pellet implants but I was a little leary of them I suggested the HCG last visit to the doc and he said he was open to it. He suggested some herbal hcg but I would like to skip that step. Typically we try the homeopathic route first and if that does not work, we go for the script. The test cream he gave me had chrysin in it. I know it is debated if it works but could the combo of the chrysin and Arimidex knock my E2 down that far? Or was it just the Arimidex? I will back off the Arimidex. If my E2 levels rise, so should my test right? Are there reliable places to find HCG on the net if the doc does not agree? Any input would be appreciated.
What was your TotalTestosterone before you started using T-cream?
I suspect that about all t-cream goes to waste, body do not know about it, that is why you are not shut down and still have a lots of LH & FSH.

Do not use chrysin, bad stuff.
There are ways of getting HCG.
Herbal HCG is bs.
You want stuff made from pregnant women's urine or Ovidrel, nothing else.

Best would be T-shots, EOD (EveryOtherDay (T + HCG).

Pellets implants,
require minor surgery
are expensive
doctors wait too long for the next implants, TT levels are falling too much

When Nebido comes to USA we should need less frequent injections.
Nebido is advertised for injecting every 10-12 weeks.
That is not good either, TT levels are falling too much.
Nebido should be divided into smaller portions and injected with frequency of 10-15 days between shots.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
... He has suggested these pellet implants but I was a little leary of them...
I used to like the idea of pellets, but agree now with Dr. Crisler that they are barbaric. How would you titrate the dose? Once they're in, they're in. And every 3 months, you have to have new ones shoved in with risk of infection each time. As you know it ain't a little needle they use.