New on TRT 2nd blood test results...

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11%

New on TRT 2nd blood test results...

Hi Guys,

I have been on TRT since May and recently had follow up blood work done. I have been taking Test-C 50mg twice a week (100mg/wk total). Although I have been feeling a bit better and have more energy for the most part, my recent test results somewhat baffle me.

Here are my pre TRT blood work stats taken in May:

Test, Serum - 514 ng/dL (ref. 241-827)
    Free Test - 11.4 pg/mL (ref. 6.8-21.5)
    FSH - 4.0 mlU/mL (ref. 1.4-18.1)
    SHBG - 36 nmol/L (ref. 13-71)
    Estradiol - 37 pg/mL (ref. 0-53)
    TSH - 2.237 uIU/mL 9ref. .450-4.50)

Here are my most recent results after approx 8 weeks on 100mg Test-C/wk:

Test, Serum - 379 ng/dL (ref. 241-827)
    Free Test - 10.9 pg/mL (ref. 6.8-21.5)
    SHBG - 26 nmol/L (ref. 13-71)
    Estradiol - 33 pg/mL (ref. 0-53)
    TSH - 1.990 uIU/mL 9ref. .450-4.50)
    Triiodothyronine,Free, Serum (Free T3) - 2.6 pg/ml (ref 2.3-4.2) - This was not tested before but I asked for it due to original TSH level of > 2

Blood was taken on day of next shot before shot. As you can see my total and free T levels are lower than before TRT. As I mentioned, I am starting to feel better and have had no noticeable side-effects other than some water retention which seems to have subsided.

Any idea why my T level would be lower than my baseline 4 days after a 50mg shot of Test C? I am probably going to ask my doctor if I can increase my dose of test to 150mg/wk (2X75mg) and add 250IU HCG twice a week taken the days before my T shot.

Please provide any feedback as it will be greatly appreciated and let me know if you need anymore information. Please see below for a post I made on another forum for the reason I started TRT.

Thanks in Advance,

EPZ32

Post from May---

Hey Guys,

I am 40 and have been working out regularly since I was 18. I have always found it relatively easy to maintain under 10% bodyfat with a strict diet and exercise program and have had high energy levels.

Over the last several years I've noticed a significant decrease in my energy levels and ability to stay/maintain lean and have gotten increasingly moody and somewhat depressed. After researching possible reasons, Low T seemed like a possibility so I made an appt. with a recommended anti-aging doc. Here are the results for some of the tests...there are additional ones not mentioned, let me know if any others will be helpful:

I met with the Doc after getting these results, I also had some minimal bloodwork from 7 years ago that showed a Serum test level of 800 on the same scale but not much else. The doc noted that my test level was down over 30% from what it used to be and thought this could definitely be a reason for the changes in mood, energy, and body comp I mentioned above. After some discussion on methods of TRT, I steered him towards injectable test and he wrote me a scrip and asked me to get retested in 2 months and come back in for further assessment and decide in HCG or any Anti E was neccessary. I picked up the called in scrip and noticed it was for 200ml Test E every 3 weeks. I saw this as a red flag from what I have learned here and have decided to run 50 ml twice a week for more stable utilization.

I know there will be many of you who recommend finding another Doc but due to cost issues I would like to stick with this guy as he seems to be very open to my suggestions. In his defense, he specializes in bio-identical TRT and usually prescribes compounded cremes.

Please give me your feedback on the above and make any recommendations as to where I should go with this from here. I have only been taking the Test E for 2 weeks and will be going in for more bloodwork in 6 weeks.

Thanks in advance for your consideration,

EPZ32

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.26%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by EPZ32 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have been on TRT since May and recently had follow up blood work done. I have been taking Test-C 50mg twice a week (100mg/wk total). Although I have been feeling a bit better and have more energy for the most part, my recent test results somewhat baffle me.

Here are my pre TRT blood work stats taken in May:

Here are my most recent results after approx 8 weeks on 100mg Test-C/wk:

Test, Serum - 379 ng/dL (ref. 241-827)
    Free Test - 10.9 pg/mL (ref. 6.8-21.5)
    SHBG - 26 nmol/L (ref. 13-71)
    Estradiol - 33 pg/mL (ref. 0-53)
    TSH - 1.990 uIU/mL 9ref. .450-4.50)
    Triiodothyronine,Free, Serum (Free T3) - 2.6 pg/ml (ref 2.3-4.2) - This was not tested before but I asked for it due to original TSH level of > 2

Blood was taken on day of next shot before shot. As you can see my total and free T levels are lower than before TRT. As I mentioned, I am starting to feel better and have had no noticeable side-effects other than some water retention which seems to have subsided.

Any idea why my T level would be lower than my baseline 4 days after a 50mg shot of Test C? I am probably going to ask my doctor if I can increase my dose of test to 150mg/wk (2X75mg) and add 250IU HCG twice a week taken the days before my T shot.

Please provide any feedback as it will be greatly appreciated and let me know if you need anymore information. Please see below for a post I made on another forum for the reason I started TRT.

Thanks in Advance,

EPZ32

Post from May---

Hey Guys,

I am 40 and have been working out regularly since I was 18. I have always found it relatively easy to maintain under 10% bodyfat with a strict diet and exercise program and have had high energy levels.

Over the last several years I've noticed a significant decrease in my energy levels and ability to stay/maintain lean and have gotten increasingly moody and somewhat depressed. After researching possible reasons, Low T seemed like a possibility so I made an appt. with a recommended anti-aging doc. Here are the results for some of the tests...there are additional ones not mentioned, let me know if any others will be helpful:

I met with the Doc after getting these results, I also had some minimal bloodwork from 7 years ago that showed a Serum test level of 800 on the same scale but not much else. The doc noted that my test level was down over 30% from what it used to be and thought this could definitely be a reason for the changes in mood, energy, and body comp I mentioned above. After some discussion on methods of TRT, I steered him towards injectable test and he wrote me a scrip and asked me to get retested in 2 months and come back in for further assessment and decide in HCG or any Anti E was neccessary. I picked up the called in scrip and noticed it was for 200ml Test E every 3 weeks. I saw this as a red flag from what I have learned here and have decided to run 50 ml twice a week for more stable utilization.

I know there will be many of you who recommend finding another Doc but due to cost issues I would like to stick with this guy as he seems to be very open to my suggestions. In his defense, he specializes in bio-identical TRT and usually prescribes compounded cremes.

Please give me your feedback on the above and make any recommendations as to where I should go with this from here. I have only been taking the Test E for 2 weeks and will be going in for more bloodwork in 6 weeks.

Thanks in advance for your consideration,

EPZ32
    Ask your doctor to change to:

EOD(EveryOtherDay) (T & HCG shots)
    assume 200mg/mL testosterone cypionate or enanthate
    T-shot=0.25cc=25units=50mg=50*7/2=175mg/week
    HCG-shot=250iu

use these needles to do both types of shots.
    .hocks.com/Merchant5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Produ ct_Code=A910291
    BD Ultrafine II U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16inch Short Needle--1/2 Unit Markings 100/b Price: $27.80

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Presently with E3=33, if you are not feeling any breast discomfort----->do nothing
    With above procedure change, if you would develop breast discomfort then add
    0.25mg/EOD Arimidex=Liquidex(liquid)=Anas trozole(liquid)
    If no breast discomfort, then wait till next blood test,
    2-3-4 months from now.

When testing do this tests (at least)
    unless you can do my long list of tests;

Ferritin
    Hemoglobin A1c
    Lipoprotein (A) Lp(A)
    Comprehensive Metabolic Panel w/EGFR
    CBC w/ diff/PLT
    T3, Total
    T4, Total
    T3, Free
    T4,Free
    T3, Reverse
    Ultrasensitive TSH
    Thyroid Peroxidase and Thyroglobulin Antibodies
    DHEA Sulfate
    Aldosterone
    Cortisol AM/PM
    Prolactin
    Estradiol, sensitive
    Total Testosterone
    SHBG
    Albumin
    Dihydrotestosterone

3. DT5
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.64%

200mg a week is no longer considered "a large dose". 200mg a week will put you around 800. 100mg a week will likely give no noticeable benefit
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.52%
    Achievements Reputation ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I'd be working on getting e2 down more then anything.
    recalibrating your HRT.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.75%

Quote Originally Posted by DT5 View Post
    200mg a week is no longer considered "a large dose". 200mg a week will put you around 800. 100mg a week will likely give no noticeable benefit

Dosage and resulting test increase really depends on the individual.... 100mg/week pushed me to 900.
  6. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.26%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Neednewballs View Post
    Dosage and resulting test increase really depends on the individual.... 100mg/week pushed me to 900.
    900 on one day, what about the other 6 days between shots?

Each day is important.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help me understand my blood test results - Low Test and Low Prolactin
    By jami20 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-14-2011, 12:25 PM
  2. Blood Test results - please help
    By jimmy jam in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-30-2009, 05:05 PM
  3. Blood Test results?
    By SHaneA655 in forum Anabolics