Androgel Absorbtion Sites

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.83%

Androgel Absorbtion Sites

Has anyone tested T levels after experimenting with different application sites? To protect my kids, I've been using upper legs only (easy to cover with pants/PJs at night), and it is easier with more surface area than arms and abs (I'm on 2 packs = 10g total which is a lot of gel to apply).

Last T level at 330, which seems a bit low for 10g. I've been on TRT for over 6 months now. I don't have baseline data with 10g using the normal sites (arms + abs).

If no one has done this, guess I'll be the alpha rat and see what happens.

Thanks.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.03%

Don't be too grossed out, but testosterone is available in suppository form. No worries then about getting it on others. I prefer the im shots...self-inject multiple times per month to keep my T from roller-coastering.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.83%

I'd rather insert a daily suppository than inject every other day.

Where does one get a suppository? I thought a larger surface area of skin acts as a reserve for more consistent T release (ergo, a smoother T scale over a 24-hour period on gels)...doesn't seem like the lower intenstine would give the same effect.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.03%

I believe cells in the gut work in similar ways to fat-storing cells. Maybe that it is why this is a viable delivery method, I don't know.

I don't know any brand name products. Tried a few Google searches but found nothing.
  5. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.18%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

You can always try chest, shoulders and upper arms, areas covered by a shirt. And do yourself a favor, see if you can get the pump version instead, the packets seem like a pita, especially at 10g. The pump is neat and clean, with metered dosages, and really should make application much easier.
    PHF Anabolic Trinity Epistane, Trenavar, and Mentabolan - Available Now!!
    Celtic Labs-Trestobol, HaloMass, Celitren, Ostabal and more Available Now!!
    PHF Rep/Celtic labs

6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.63%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by putnamff35 View Post
    Has anyone tested T levels after experimenting with different application sites? To protect my kids, I've been using upper legs only (easy to cover with pants/PJs at night), and it is easier with more surface area than arms and abs (I'm on 2 packs = 10g total which is a lot of gel to apply).

Last T level at 330, which seems a bit low for 10g. I've been on TRT for over 6 months now. I don't have baseline data with 10g using the normal sites (arms + abs).

If no one has done this, guess I'll be the alpha rat and see what happens.

Thanks.
    Look into hCG to keep your natural levels up while on the gels. Your levels are low because you are shut down, that's why the androgel isn't adding to your previous levels anymore. They may have at first.

Also, look into thyroid issues. It could be another reason why your test is not where it should be (higher) because it causes your skin to be thicker, not allowing the gel to absorb as easily.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.08%

put it anywhere that is vascular. I used to put it on my neck right over my jugular!
  8. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.45%
    Achievements Posting Pro

The best way to use Andorgel is to put half your dose on your upper arms and shoulder then down you back as far as you can reach. Spread it around good but don't rub it in let is dry from wet. Put on a T shirt to keep it off others with going to bed at night with the wife take a shower and just put it on in the morning. Before doing labs do a shower in the morning making sure all the gel is off then do labs after this put on the gel. If you put on the gel first you will spike up your labs.

I feel your legs are not letting the gel through your skin if you try your arms and still get low levels like this your thyroid might be back this makes your sick to thick and gels don't work. I was on gels for yrs my levels would only go up into the low 500's and I had sore joints and muscles on gels so bad I was house bound.

I posted about having this problem and some men got back to me at this forum.
    http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/hypogonadism2/
    I now work there as a mod.
    They told me this had the same problems with pain and switched to shots. I did this and the pain was gone I later added HCG to my shots and my levels went up higher and my pain is gone. I have been on TRT over 27 yrs helping men on the forums for yrs. You can read my story at this link.
    http://forums.realthyroidhelp.com/vi...php?f=5&t=9239

Today I find I eat up the T as fast as I take it so I do my shots every 3 days and the 2 days in between I do HCG this keeps me more leveled supports my joints and muscles and holds down my Estradiol levels. I read Dr. Shippen was doing this to him self some yrs ago to keep his self more leveled and to hold down his Estradiol levels. He did the book "The Testosterone Syndrome"
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.08%

yeah most people switch from the gel to the injectable. more effective
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.45%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Still I know men on it from day one and are doing great so it's all about what works best. If you have a thyroid problem your skin can get thicker can't remember what it's called but the gels and creams don't get through the skin good enough to keep levels up.

Similar Forum Threads

1. To Androgel or Not to Androgel...that is the question.
    By littlebigman7 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-24-2009, 03:32 AM
  2. absorbtion
    By Dyou in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 09:20 PM
  3. Absorbtion of T3...
    By dsw222 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-15-2007, 11:01 AM
  4. Absorbtion Question
    By SwordBurn in forum Custom Capsule
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-16-2007, 08:58 PM
  5. Androgel Absorbtion effected by Sweating?
    By bodybuilder8806 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-28-2006, 06:29 PM