Looking for a doctor in Philly area

typerob

Awards
I'm looking for a doctor who is willing to monitor my health as I cycle AAS. Regular blood work, ekg's, and any other general health tests to make sure I'm not doing any damage. My family doctor, like most, just tells me not to use, end of story. I need someone who is understanding of this bodybuilding lifestyle. Not looking for a doctor to prescribe me anything, just to keep my mind at ease.

What do pros do? Obviously they must have someone that monitors their health.....

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
We are in the area, but if your primary concern is some one to monitor while on steroids no dr will do that. Goto lef.org and you can do your own blood work with out dr permission
Any Dr would not risk their license for such a request. Its not like it was 20 years ago where it was common. Do I think dr's should be able to yes, but AMA will never go to it.

typerob

Awards
Hmmm. I know about the online blood works, been there done that. But there are other tests to have done that can't be done online like heart tests such as ekg's.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Looks like you are confused.
You want to grow big and strong and healthy,
and looking for a way to do that.

If you keep your health indicators in high range
you will achieve your goals.

There is no need to abuse your health and sacrifice sexual performance
and load up on steroids.

Your goals are good
just
the way you approach your task is not efficient

It helps to start with flawless health.
Or at least no major problems.
Keep talking,
do not go away.

typerob

Awards
You guys have been anything but helpful.
Thanks anyway though.

typerob

Awards
I'm sorry, there isn't a section for my specific question. You're the genius, why don't you make yourself useful and lead me in the right direction.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry, there isn't a section for my specific question. You're the genius, why don't you make yourself useful and lead me in the right direction.
no DR can legally do this, there is too much heat on the few that know what they are doing.

it's on you to learn how to do this....even though proper diet and supps will get you to your goal.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
AAS are wonderful if you enjoy ruined kidneys and liver.

typerob

Awards
Ooops, I thought this forum was called anabolicminds, not antiAASminds.
I thought it was pretty obvious that AAS are necessary in the sport of bodybuilding. I don't know what the deal is, maybe you guys think I'm a noob because I have such a low post count. Is this how you guys treat new members? :rolleyes:

This place is really flooded with ****ing idiots. I think I'll keep away from this ****ty place.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Typerob, I'm sorry you took offense at my comment. I agree it was abrupt, but that was my way of pointing out the dangers of AAS with no sugar-coating.

I don't want to see anyone messed up like that, even though I know some go ahead headlong and headstrong and do it anyway.

No legitimate authority in body-building advocates illegal steroids as being necessary in their sport. People with a mesomorph body only need good food and hard work to excel.
Illegal steroids are a way for ectomorph's to compete. They should seek a different line of work.

Also, to my knowledge this forum does not advocate illegal steroid use. To be anabolic- minded is to desire to build muscle. Nothing in the term "anabolic" itself suggests illegal and harmful steroids.

Phil

typerob

Awards
Philec, I don't know why you automatically assume I am unaware of the side effects of AAS. Your ignorance about bodybuilding and AAS blows my mind. Not only are you over exaggerating the dangers of steroids, but then you say that any "mesomorph" can excel in bodybuilding without AAS. Whether someone is an ecto, meso, or endo, NOBODY is making it to a professional level WITHOUT AAS. Get this through your tiny brain. Then you say that steroids are only for ectomorphs who want to compete. Like I said, anyone on a professional level is using steroids, not just ectomorphs. "They should seek a different line of work". I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean. Some of the best physiques of all time were ectomorphs, Flex Wheeler is a perfect example.
"No legitimate authority in body-building advocates illegal steroids as being necessary in their sport". OBVIOUSLY nobody is going to openly advocate the use, they're ILLEGAL. It's just common knowledge for anyone with half a brain (in this case not you) that they are needed to excel on a professional level.

I will admit AAS use should not be taken lightly. Although in moderation along with good diet/training/supplementation etc. and regular blood work, they can be used safely.
I've been cycling on and off AAS now for 2 years, I know it isn't that long but I haven't had ANY problems with my liver or kidneys as you suggest. You are more likely to damage your liver from alcohol or OTC pain relievers such as tylenol.
I know older guys who have been using them for MUCH longer, several decades to be exact, who have not had any health problems and you know why? They don't abuse.

You really need to get a clue about AAS and bodybuilding in general. You are very uneducated on the matter and come off more ignorant every time you post.
Please do me and anyone else reading this a favor and stop posting in this thread until you actually know what you're talking about.

Cheers

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think your best best is to just find a doctor that will take increased visits and testing. You don't have to tell them you're cycling and it's your dime to request those tests. The problem will be that your insurance will not cover those costs above what the doctor and the insurance considers needed testing.

I'd suggest regular blood and urine testing with an annual EKG. Any doctor will do those.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I know all the boys in philadelphia and they all know me. I competed NPC for 12 years and have been to national level competition. So to tell me I do not know what I am talking about making you look like the idiot here. I am very infamous in philadelphia in the world of bodybuilding. When I do make my return once I level my self out from this previous bodybuilding lifestyle that got me into the position in the first place. Trust me I still have my foot in the door so to speak, but I am also a medical professional so I have seen it from both sides. I am not condoning steroid use, but it is that persons choice and they have to live with the consequence of their actions. Some people get head aches on 200 mgs test other people can go no problem on 2 anadrol a day and be fine. People are playing russian roulette because they do not know how the drug is going to respond. One can take all the precautions in the world and it will not matter because you can not alter your genetic predisposition. Trust me when people see some of the creations I have made with out steroids their jaw drops. When you incorporate orthomolecular medicine into bodybuilding it opens up all new doors to potential of what natural body building can do. When I compete again I will do it naturally and will place or win in NPC against drug induced atheletes. Trust me I had potential to go pro but I never wanted to put my body at that risk. Atleast when I competed the stuff was not made in some one kitchen or bathtub so drug was "cleaner" then todays home brewed crap. There were no underground labs, but actually companies that made the drugs in controlled environment.

typerob

Awards
The Matrix, not calling you ignorant here. I completely respect your decision to stay natural, no problem with that. If you are planning a comeback I wish you good luck.

Jayhawkk, I think you pretty much nailed it on the head. It all comes down to the individual doctor. I know my doctor starts asking a million questions if I request bloodwork though at my young age. Maybe not all doctors do this though.
Another thing I'm hearing from another forum is that maybe it would be wise to find a osteopath, as they are more open minded than your regular MD. I will look into this.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've found that any doctor will ask those questions... Well, any that i've been to but if I ever have ANY condition to be seen the first question they ask is if i'm taking any 'suuplements'. they already believe i'm on steroids when I go in even when i'm not. I tell them I have a history of conditions in my family(which I do) and i'm constantly looking to improve my health and want to keep a close eye on it. haven't had anyone turn me down yet.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There were no underground labs, but actually companies that made the drugs in controlled environment.
Jesus, how long ago did you compete? Underground labs have been around for decades...

I am very infamous in philadelphia in the world of bodybuilding
lol

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Jesus, how long ago did you compete? Underground labs have been around for decades...

lol
I was known as a trophy hunter and told me if I compete in another regional contest I would be black balled by NPC LOL I never got my stuff UG labs.

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
Well said Matrix! You, and the ones you trained are proof that people can compete at a pro level without using harmful steroids. Now, maybe I'll be called an "idiot" and "half-brain" again by the new guy (or child) because I agree with you. lol

Phil

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm sorry but you'll never compete naturally with pro bodybuilders in today's settings. you may use something different and claim it to be natural or something other than steroids but the reality is that you'll never compete at their level without introducing something to your system to make it go further than it would with just food, sleep and lifting.

No exceptions, no way, no how.

typerob

Awards
I'm sorry but you'll never compete naturally with pro bodybuilders in today's settings. you may use something different and claim it to be natural or something other than steroids but the reality is that you'll never compete at their level without introducing something to your system to make it go further than it would with just food, sleep and lifting.

No exceptions, no way, no how.
+1

QFT