What is the best HRT method to minimize acne?

Neednewballs

Awards
I am 32 years olf and my total testosterone levels are in the middle of the range (~550ng/dl) whereby my Free Testosterone and Bio-Available test hover around the bottom. In the past I have tried HRT with injectable test @ 100mg/week and had great results. Unfortunately I had to come off as I got some bad acne on my chest. My main problem is a low libido and would like to get it back in action. Has anyone had better results with different HRT methods as it pertains to acne? ie Compounded Test cream vs injectable vs Gel....

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Keep your blood levels stable, shoot more often...break up the dose 2 or 3 times per week.

Personally, hCG messes with me, I didn't want to stop so I started accutane and it's worked wonders. I currently take hCG and test. Cream/gel is supposed to be worse on the skin breakouts if you are sensitive to DHT.

Shoot more often and on the same days, the acne will eventually go away.

Neednewballs

Awards
Keep your blood levels stable, shoot more often...break up the dose 2 or 3 times per week.

Personally, hCG messes with me, I didn't want to stop so I started accutane and it's worked wonders. I currently take hCG and test. Cream/gel is supposed to be worse on the skin breakouts if you are sensitive to DHT.

Shoot more often and on the same days, the acne will eventually go away.

Thanks for the reply. I was running the HRT program as per Dr John's advice (100mg/week with 250iu HCG on day 5 & 6). Based on blood tests I was able to keep test levels fairly consistent. I battled acne as a teen and still even now have the occasional natural flare up. I have read some theories that possibly after a long period of time (> 1 year or so)my body might get accustomed to the exo test and perhaps HRT acne might go away. I could run some accutane (which I have ran multiple times in the past) at a low dose while running HRT. However, I know I can't stay on accutane forever. I really don't know what to do. Right now I feel like my options are live with a low sex drive acne free or hop on the HRT wagon and enjoy some volcano like zits all over my chest.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah I'm on accutane right now. I was on 90mg for 3 months, then went off for almost a week but it started coming back again so I am back on for 3 more months. It's normally done for a 6 month course anyhow but I wanted to test the waters since I had totally cleared on my back where it was the worst.. I'm a little afraid to discontinue it in 3 months to be honest though, I was hoping it would have a prolonged effect.