Clomid Therapy - AnabolicMinds.com

Clomid Therapy

1. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.

Clomid Therapy

I haven't been able to find much in the way of side effects from clomid, as it pertains to men. At this point I assume the only real problem might be liver toxicity, although I haven't been able to find research backing that up either.

July 18th I will be taking a trip, and have decided to go on clomid therapy for roughly 3 weeks more or less. I will be dosing 50 mg per day every day. When I return I will test my hormones and liver values. Recently my liver values came back at perfect levels according to my doctor. I will post the next labs when I get them along with my liver values from the last.

I welcome any comments regarding this, and any research I may have overlooked. I'm here to learn.

Thanks.

2. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by colkurtz_spf View Post
    I haven't been able to find much in the way of side effects from clomid, as it pertains to men. At this point I assume the only real problem might be liver toxicity, although I haven't been able to find research backing that up either.

July 18th I will be taking a trip, and have decided to go on clomid therapy for roughly 3 weeks more or less. I will be dosing 50 mg per day every day. When I return I will test my hormones and liver values. Recently my liver values came back at perfect levels according to my doctor. I will post the next labs when I get them along with my liver values from the last.

I welcome any comments regarding this, and any research I may have overlooked. I'm here to learn.

Thanks.
    Clomid is 8-12 weeks treatment long term can cause potential for vision problems. If restart does not work then HCG is used as alternitive to TRT.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  3. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Clomid is 8-12 weeks treatment long term can cause potential for vision problems. If restart does not work then HCG is used as alternitive to TRT.
    I've heard about vision problems. Do you have any research to post?

Thanks in advance
    •   

4. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.

http://www.rxlist.com/clomid-drug.htm

This link shows blurry vision as a side effect in 1.5% who take it. It's not the worse listed side. I've been to a few boards - mostly woman. It appears that side effects are noticeable within days. Where did you get 8 - 12 weeks. Is that from real world experience?

Anyway, it's my intention to use clomid as a break from HCG. If this works well for me I'll use it on long trips. I'd be amazed if it restarts me. Who knows?
    Last edited by colkurtz_spf; 07-08-2009 at 05:16 PM.
  5. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.

I took my first dose of Clomid (50 mg) last night, and quite frankly I don't like the way it makes me feel. It could just be my imagination, or the fact that I'm leaving town, but I'm feeling a little depressed. I've packed some HCG just in case.

Matrix, between nolvadex and clomid which do you prefer and why? I've been reading that Clomid desensitizes the pituitary after 10 days and Nolvadex does not. My goal was to take a short break from HCG, and if it worked repeat it at least twice per year.

I'd love to hear you thoughts.

TIA,
    Kurtz
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Personally, I think 50mg ED is way too high. I use a mere 2-5mg eod and my testes respond very well without the mood/vision problems.

If you're not trying to "restart" the hpta from a dead stop and have been using HCG to maintain output, I think a low dose therapy would work for you.
  7. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Personally, I think 50mg ED is way too high. I use a mere 2-5mg eod and my testes respond very well without the mood/vision problems.

If you're not trying to "restart" the hpta from a dead stop and have been using HCG to maintain output, I think a low dose therapy would work for you.
    Thank you for your reply. I'm using this as a break from HCG. This is day four and I'm not feeling the effects - libido is good too. Initially I was looking at one pill E3D, but wasn't sure how effective that would be. I've read reports that clomid desensitizes HPTA after 10 days, and I'm concerned. WHat are your thoughts on Nolvadex as an alternative in the future?
  8. Elite Member

Thank you for your reply. I'm using this as a break from HCG. This is day four and I'm not feeling the effects - libido is good too. Initially I was looking at one pill E3D, but wasn't sure how effective that would be. I've read reports that clomid desensitizes HPTA after 10 days, and I'm concerned. WHat are your thoughts on Nolvadex as an alternative in the future?
    Average dosage for clomid is 25-50 mgs EOD or E3D. 25 EOD should be a good medium. 50 mgs a day made me a crying biatch,
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

For your purposes, I think clomid is better than nolva but many would disagree. Maybe try one of the resveratrol products?
  10. Banned

Thanks.
    my input: clmoid i belive need to be stacked with hdx2? since it is also known to raise estro i belive but not too sure about this. clmoid is known for vision problems at doses ruling around 100mg. and yes clomid will make u a bitch and cry true true - hence me saying AAS are for strong minded ppl. clomid made my friend xtremely paranoid and IMO clomid has wayy more sides the nolva. also clomid is not toxic to liver unlike nolva (i belive). i know nolva is liuver toxic. i myself has libido problem and though about runnign clomid a quick 50 50 50 50 but im sure i read somewere it need to be stacked with anti-e type products. ask MOOCH i think he said it.
  11. Banned

im sure ur a good guy but 8-12 wks is BS. too long most i seen run is 4-5wks
  12. New Member

This is an interesting topic/idea. I have thought of doing intermittent/periodic restarts with Clomid just to get away from the Test and HCG I do now.

I have no experience doing this myself as of yet. My doctor will try a restart if I want. But the idea of doing it a few times a year for 4 weeks, then go back to injects is intriguing....will follow.

I think the lower dose of 25mg or 12.5mg is something to try also...see how you feel.
  13. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by techlogik View Post
    This is an interesting topic/idea. I have thought of doing intermittent/periodic restarts with Clomid just to get away from the Test and HCG I do now.

I have no experience doing this myself as of yet. My doctor will try a restart if I want. But the idea of doing it a few times a year for 4 weeks, then go back to injects is intriguing....will follow.

I think the lower dose of 25mg or 12.5mg is something to try also...see how you feel.
    50 MGs seems effective. Next time I will try 50 EOD or E3D.
  14. New Member

hey everyone, this is my first post here but i've been a member for a while. I'm interested in this serm restart protocol but cannot find any in depth info anywhere. How is it run, like how long, dosages, which serm (i have a ton of nolva is that ok or is clomid better). Some places i see a 4-5week run of clomid, others im seeing 8-12 weeks. One study I even read was nolva for 6 months and i don't think that is a great idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated
  15. New Member

How about an update colkurtz? You still trying this...I am probably going to give this a whirl myself.
  16. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by techlogik View Post
    How about an update colkurtz? You still trying this...I am probably going to give this a whirl myself.
    I quit after two weeks and went back on HCG. I'm not sure how well I did because I didn't draw blood. The first few days made me moody, but that subsided. I read that clomid eventually desensitizes HPTA to LH stimulators. I started looking into Nolvadex but haven't done anything yet.
  17. New Member

I quit after two weeks and went back on HCG. I'm not sure how well I did because I didn't draw blood. The first few days made me moody, but that subsided. I read that clomid eventually desensitizes HPTA to LH stimulators. I started looking into Nolvadex but haven't done anything yet.

Thanks
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

colkurtz_spf how many mgs were you taking when u experienced these sides? im about to start taking clomid with hx2 to try and restart my hpta. not due to ph/aas but due to complete shutdown from adrenal fatigue and extreme muscle wasting (near death) so my body quit producing all hormones except for cortisol and estro. im hoping that the hx2 and clomid will work to restart my hpta, last time i had blood drawn my t was 200ng/ml it was undetectable in march so its slowly climbing but im trying to give it a little boost.
  19. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by sanchezgreg18 View Post
    colkurtz_spf how many mgs were you taking when u experienced these sides? im about to start taking clomid with hx2 to try and restart my hpta. not due to ph/aas but due to complete shutdown from adrenal fatigue and extreme muscle wasting (near death) so my body quit producing all hormones except for cortisol and estro. im hoping that the hx2 and clomid will work to restart my hpta, last time i had blood drawn my t was 200ng/ml it was undetectable in march so its slowly climbing but im trying to give it a little boost.
    I was taking 50 mgs per day, which some may think excessive. The moodiness subsided after day two. I'm sure everyone is different.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.

I took 25/mg for 9 weeks and 12.5 for the 10th week. I felt fine on it and actually got alot stronger and higher libido, blood test showed an increase from 350ng/dl to 575ng/dl. However, its still not high enough.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-08-2010, 01:56 PM
  2. Torem/Clomid vs Nolva/Clomid
    By manofbushido in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-27-2009, 12:02 AM
  3. Clomid Therapy and lack of results
    By Rausch in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-26-2007, 04:39 PM