How do you guys feel after being on TRT?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.19%

How do you guys feel after being on TRT?

Im thinking of going on TRT or hcg monotherapy and Im a bit scared to start treatment.

I would love to hear your guys experience on being on TRT or hcg monotherapy.

I'll start.

Im 25

Total T 300-320

Symptoms: low energy, anxiety, depression, erection problems, no motivation, brain fog.

I didnt start any treatment yet, still trying to get thyroid and adrenals tested.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please tell us:

Total T before TRT:

How long have you been on treatment?

What symptoms you were having before TRT? and did they go away after starting treatment?

How has it changed your life?

How long did it take to feel benefits (if any) ?

Do you regret it?

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.17%

I'm 49, 6', 235 lbs., been working out since I was 13. When I got into my mid-forties I noticed a decline in recovery from workouts, increased muscle soreness, lethargy, low-level depression, lack of interest in sex, and many of the other signs of low testosterone. I went to a doctor who told me that I was borderline low for test. I then did a ton of research on TRT and decided it was worth a try. I had done AAS over 25 years ago when I was playing college football and knew some of the things I could expect, but back then it was a real haphazard experience. I got onto TRT over a year ago and I haven't looked back. I feel so much better it's amazing. It took about 3-4 weeks and then my libido, appetite and mood came around and everything just kept getting better and better. I don't regret it at all. I'd recommend it to anyone who is struggling with low test levels and looking to improve their life.
  3. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

same here minus prior AAS usage I was just a fat alcoholic instead, but quite differentnow
    •   

4. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by Road Rash View Post
    I'm 49, 6', 235 lbs., been working out since I was 13. When I got into my mid-forties I noticed a decline in recovery from workouts, increased muscle soreness, lethargy, low-level depression, lack of interest in sex, and many of the other signs of low testosterone. I went to a doctor who told me that I was borderline low for test. I then did a ton of research on TRT and decided it was worth a try. I had done AAS over 25 years ago when I was playing college football and knew some of the things I could expect, but back then it was a real haphazard experience. I got onto TRT over a year ago and I haven't looked back. I feel so much better it's amazing. It took about 3-4 weeks and then my libido, appetite and mood came around and everything just kept getting better and better. I don't regret it at all. I'd recommend it to anyone who is struggling with low test levels and looking to improve their life.
    Many middle aged men get treated with SSRI and NSRI when the underlying cause is andropause. Congratulations.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.17%

Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    Many middle aged men get treated with SSRI and NSRI when the underlying cause is andropause. Congratulations.
    Funny you should point that out. I tried several SSRIs before I started reading about TRT. None of them worked very well, but TRT was perfect for me. I had never been depressed, and then, into my mid-forties, I started feeling blue and tired all the time. Thank God I did my own research and found out about TRT and got rid of the anti-depressants.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.06%

Total T before TRT: low to bottom of scale

How long have you been on treatment: almost a year, still trying to figure out a good mix of testosterone cypionate + HCG

What symptoms you were having before TRT, and did they go away after starting treatment: ED was the most obvious, probably some fatigue as well

How has it changed your life: Some symptoms have improved, but I'm not at a "normal" metabolic profile yet.

How long did it take to feel benefits (if any): Fairly quickly, but some benefits seem to fluctuate. See above comment re still trying to figure out dosage levels.

Do you regret it: No

============================

Note that my metabolic issues might be a little more complicated than others as I'm hypothyroid and have very low dopamine levels. For others testosterone treatment might be a little more straightforward in terms of alleviating symptoms.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.79%

Quote Originally Posted by HQProperty View Post
    Im thinking of going on TRT or hcg monotherapy and Im a bit scared to start treatment.

I would love to hear your guys experience on being on TRT or hcg monotherapy.

I'll start.

Im 25

Total T 300-320

Symptoms: low energy, anxiety, depression, erection problems, no motivation, brain fog.

I didnt start any treatment yet, still trying to get thyroid and adrenals tested.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please tell us:

Total T before TRT: 350

How long have you been on treatment? 9 months

What symptoms you were having before TRT? and did they go away after starting treatment? fatique mostly, lack of gym motivation and gains, more body fat increased on bulks not muscle

How has it changed your life? same i guess, my wife is hesitant and i walk on egg shells about the whole thing. i dont notice any negative effects. i dont see any issues with it though. been pretty healthy and my lipids are fine. PM me if you want to talk more. i am interested in many people my age who are on test for even longer than me.

How long did it take to feel benefits (if any) ? 4 weeks

Do you regret it? NO

Total T before TRT: 350

How long have you been on treatment? 9 months

What symptoms you were having before TRT? and did they go away after starting treatment? fatique mostly, lack of gym motivation and gains, more body fat increased on bulks not muscle

How has it changed your life? same i guess, my wife is hesitant and i walk on egg shells about the whole thing. i dont notice any negative effects. i dont see any issues with it though. been pretty healthy and my lipids are fine. PM me if you want to talk more. i am interested in many people my age who are on test for even longer than me. Actually my doc/clinic has been a big help and are VERY affordable. if you want info on them PM me.

How long did it take to feel benefits (if any) ? 4 weeks

Do you regret it? NO
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5%

Quote Originally Posted by steve999 View Post

Total T before TRT: low to bottom of scale

How long have you been on treatment: almost a year, still trying to figure out a good mix of testosterone cypionate + HCG

What symptoms you were having before TRT, and did they go away after starting treatment: ED was the most obvious, probably some fatigue as well

How has it changed your life: Some symptoms have improved, but I'm not at a "normal" metabolic profile yet.

How long did it take to feel benefits (if any): Fairly quickly, but some benefits seem to fluctuate. See above comment re still trying to figure out dosage levels.

Do you regret it: No

============================

Note that my metabolic issues might be a little more complicated than others as I'm hypothyroid and have very low dopamine levels. For others testosterone treatment might be a little more straightforward in terms of alleviating symptoms.
    I would you know that you had low dopamine levels? And why?
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.21%

I am on 100/mg a week T-C as ordered by my doctor. So far it has improved the quality of my life drastically. I actually have SUSTAINED energy. Insomnia has not gon away, but I attribute the insomnia to my shift type work. But endurance is incredible. I did experience some water retention and still experiencing some, but the doctor does not want to prescribe me any anti-estrogen stuff. I just started 3 weeks ago and already feel a big difference. I just turned 35 yesterday and my T count was 250....even after trying a compounded T-cream for 2 months...still remained at 250. So now I am on the injections.

Similar Forum Threads

1. How do you guys feel about deadlifting in the squat rack?
    By DerickVonD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-26-2010, 01:24 PM
  2. What do you guys feel is the most accurate for BF Comp
    By FlawedGrunt in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-2009, 02:46 PM
  3. How do you guys feel about test prop/epistane?
    By Rabidpanda25 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-14-2008, 08:21 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-15-2006, 11:04 PM