Question for Matrix - resveratrol estrogenic activity

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
In estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer cells, resveratrol acted as an estrogen agonist in the absence of the endogenous estrogen, 17beta-estradiol, but acted as an estrogen antagonist in the presence of 17beta-estradiol (20, 21). At present, it appears that resveratrol has the potential to act as an estrogen agonist or antagonist depending on such factors as cell type, estrogen receptor isoform (ER alpha or ER beta), and the presence of endogenous estrogens (17).

So how does that translate to resveratrol having negative effects on gyno caused by excessive estrogen?

Even when estrogen levels are halved under influence of "normal" AI administration resveratrol should have a positive influence on gyno?

When taking a strong AI like letrozole resulting in almost complete blocking of estrogen, say for 95% I can understand resveratrol having a negative effect then.

Do I get this right?

Thanks

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
In estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer cells, resveratrol acted as an estrogen agonist in the absence of the endogenous estrogen, 17beta-estradiol, but acted as an estrogen antagonist in the presence of 17beta-estradiol (20, 21). At present, it appears that resveratrol has the potential to act as an estrogen agonist or antagonist depending on such factors as cell type, estrogen receptor isoform (ER alpha or ER beta), and the presence of endogenous estrogens (17).

So how does that translate to resveratrol having negative effects on gyno caused by excessive estrogen?

Even when estrogen levels are halved under influence of "normal" AI administration resveratrol should have a positive influence on gyno?

When taking a strong AI like letrozole resulting in almost complete blocking of estrogen, say for 95% I can understand resveratrol having a negative effect then.

Do I get this right?

Thanks
It depends on the person biochemistry as which direction it goes. Some people can have great results other may find that it can cause horrible joint pain as it lower NADH. Its basically a serm in chemistry. As long as the dosage is kept at 250-400 99% trans then it may not have a negative effect. One has to watch its impact on the immune system more then anything.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
It depends on the person biochemistry as which direction it goes. Some people can have great results other may find that it can cause horrible joint pain as it lower NADH. Its basically a serm in chemistry. As long as the dosage is kept at 250-400 99% trans then it may not have a negative effect. One has to watch its impact on the immune system more then anything.
Thanks a lot for your answer, but do you think it can actually aggrevate excisting gyno? I read a study saying resveratrol being a super agonist in breast tumor tissue, but had 7000 times lowe binding affinity then estradiol. The super agonist part was when resveratrol was administered without estrogen present.