On HRT - need advice on Aromatase Inhibitor

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Need to find an Aromatse Inhibitor (OTC) for LONG term use (life?). TO coincide with my HRT. Estro levels high and I need to get them down.

Zero liver toxicity would be nice! Minimal cardiovascular system impact as well.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
What exactly are you trying to achieve? Overweight?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What'sup MrBig

Took gear for 10 years so I am very familar with how I feel on certain substances.

That said, I am now on HRT (only 150 grams T/week). I am very prone to estrogren (hell, even w/o theHRT I get estro sides). I liked how lean/horny I was while on Arimidex (loved the lack of oedema too) but Arimidex is not ideal for regular/life-time use with respect to heart health and liver health.

Thoughts?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^^^^^^^^

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
is your trt dr supervised? if so, exemestane/aromasin is at least better than arimidex. If you are only on 150/wk, then the amount you would require should be minor, so long term use wouldnt be as much an issue. Even with arimidex, i wouldnt imagine you'd need more than .5mg a week

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks Easy ;)

rick055

Awards
  • Established
I liked how lean/horny I was while on Arimidex (loved the lack of oedema too) but Arimidex is not ideal for regular/life-time use with respect to heart health and liver health.
Can you support this?

I understand driving E2 too low might cause lipid/cardiovascular issues, but that's a function of dose, not drug.

I also believe that if you are using arimidex by itself, the effect becomes self limiting (to a point) because negative feedback is in place. See, eg:

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/89/3/1174

I have also not heard that adex is liver toxic.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
is your trt dr supervised? if so, exemestane/aromasin is at least better than arimidex. If you are only on 150/wk, then the amount you would require should be minor, so long term use wouldnt be as much an issue. Even with arimidex, i wouldnt imagine you'd need more than .5mg a week
Reviving an old thread. What's the current thinking on Aromasin for TRT. Cost isn't an issue, but liver and general health and well being are. I've read conflicting accts on aromasin's superiorty over adex re lipid profile and IGF1 levels. And I also understand that Shippen used to prescribe it -- and may still -- over adex, at low doses 10-12.5 mgs E2Ds.

I also know that Dr. Crisler prefers Arimidex, and many here, following him, suggest the same. I also recall Gutterpump liking the way Aromasin made him feel, particularly wang wise.

Look forward to your thoughts.

Happy new year, all.

J

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im kind of ambivalent, having used every major AI now. i havent noticed much difference from one to another, or even not using an ai at all. keep in mind though that pre-trt my average e2 was over 60 ayhow with total test of 200. so im not necessarily a normal case

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I used liquid aromasin last year and early this year for a long time. It worked really well for me. I stopped using it because a well known company rep here told me it is not good to use in the longterm since it is a steroidal AI. It may have some bad long term effects on receptors, I am not sure. It attaches directly to receptors instead of effecting the enzyme. This can possibly increase receptor density over time I am thinking.

I switched over to liquidex from aromasin, but still found myself having to occassionally use some of the aromasin. I'm another abnormal trt patient though, and have abnormally high estrogen levels.. I was taking 1MG of adex PER DAY while on 250mg/week of test + 1000iu hcg. Now that I am on 200mg compounded t-cream, I only use .5mg adex per day. I don't like the fact it can lower IGF-1 though, my levels are already low-normal.

Would be nice to get a good solid document comparing various AI's for use in men.