What do you think about my dose ?

filo74

Awards
Hey everyone..new here. I have been diagnosed with Low testosterone. My endo gave me a compounding cream. The concentration is 200 mg/ml. I am instructed to put 0.25 ml's on my forearms ONCE A DAY. Is this an effective dose ? I heard that this concentration is 20% and that the molecules are too big to be effectively absorbed ??! Any truth to that at all ?

Thanks everyone.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone..new here. I have been diagnosed with Low testosterone. My endo gave me a compounding cream. The concentration is 200 mg/ml. I am instructed to put 0.25 ml's on my forearms ONCE A DAY. Is this an effective dose ? I heard that this concentration is 20% and that the molecules are too big to be effectively absorbed ??! Any truth to that at all ?

Thanks everyone.
ANything more then 10% will not get through the skin and will result in it possible getting trapped in between the fat and muscle resulting in elevated DHT and e2 (2 things we do not want) You can not economize T gels unless you are taking 50 mgs and there is 100 mg/ml @ 10%. I have talked to several compounded pharmacists and they told me that the microns are not small enough to pass through the skin effectively in dosage about 10%

filo74

Awards
That is really dissapointing to here. This compounding pharmacy is based out of Tampa and is one of the most reputable and largest ones around. they are pre-filled 3 cc syringes without the needle of course. The ziplock baggy they came in say 200mg/ml. I just don't get it....and this doctor is supposed to be good. And the cream is also a bio-identical type testosterone

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
That is really dissapointing to here. This compounding pharmacy is based out of Tampa and is one of the most reputable and largest ones around. they are pre-filled 3 cc syringes without the needle of course. The ziplock baggy they came in say 200mg/ml. I just don't get it....and this doctor is supposed to be good. And the cream is also a bio-identical type testosterone
Unless there is a new machine out that can get the cream down to finer micron or dalton that I would not know about. The general consensus even when people are compounded is to keep at 10% and try not to shove everything into one mixture. I mean like dhea and T is good together, but not like T, pregenolone and dhea all in one solution its just to much.

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established

Thanks everyone.
All I can tell you is that I use 1.5ml of 200 cream (6 times your dose) and that barely gets me to high normal ranges.

Also, what they use to compound with the test varies the absorption (almond oil, jojoba oil, etc.).

filo74

Awards
Old Gator....so what was your t-level before you started and what is it now ? Do you know what compounding pharmacy issues you your T ? Is the same one in Tampa ?

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
Old Gator....so what was your t-level before you started and what is it now ? Do you know what compounding pharmacy issues you your T ? Is the same one in Tampa ?
around 350
now varies between 500 and 1000
having trouble getting it right. it is a local pharmacy which maybe the problem.
good luck!

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

Thanks everyone.
You already know possible perils of your testosterone cream.
Do not condemn your endo.
He is probably one of two or there endos in the whole USA that would even pick up on topic of adding testosterone.
With time he should learn quickly and be able to help you.

You most have had some blood test that indicated to your endo your defficiencies.
Gett all tests that you have done, post them in tabulated maner here.
You can scan them and attach to your post, possibly easier for you.

You should do good testing before you attempt TRT.
Look at my list of tests, post #44, between blue lines.
Copy that list, give it to your endo.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-2.html

If you have thyroid problems, transdermal applications often do not work.
There are other considerations.