Are these symptomns Low test?

cosmosis

Awards
33 years old, 6'0 175 lbs, classic ectomorph frame skinny fat build. Hold all of my fat in the abdomen/ love handles (high cortisol?) and chest (high estrogen?) Seems I never get enough sleep usually 6-8 hours during the week, but still tired. Get up at least once during sleep to use bathroom, urine stream very weak. Lack motivation at work and contantly sleepy. Haven't had a morning erection in quite some time (since starting propecia March 2007, quit in November 2007, still do not get them) very difficult to achieve orgasm, lack sensitivity.

Exercise: Work out 3-5 days a week. Compound exercises full body routine. Doesn't do much though with very low muscle tone, almost impossible to make muscle gains without gaining fat. Sometimes, these workouts can physically exhaust me for a day or two. Cardio is usually running or walking 2 miles or so on incline 30 -40 minutes.

Diet: Breakfast 4 eggs (only 2 of which are yolk) sauteed in EV coconut oil, protein shake, banana, maybe a slice of turkey bacon. Snack - one serving each of flax seed, sunflower seed, almonds, 1 orange. Lunch 4oz turkey served on high fiber, low carb wrap with 1tbsp olive oil, raw spinach. Pre workout - 4oz chicken, 1 serving natural peanut butter, 1 serving oatmeal. During workout BCAA drink with beta alanine and creatine. Post workout - protein shake with banana and 1 cup orgainic 1% milk. Dinner 4-6oz meat with a vegetable.

Last time I had a physical, doc would not order blood test beside the standard cholesterol / blood panel. Cholesterol was 209 - 130 LDL, 66 HDL, 55 Triglycerides.

Any advice?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
get hormone panel no questions asked. That will secure your thoughts. Yes it does have a few similarities to low test symptoms

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
get hormone panel no questions asked. That will secure your thoughts. Yes it does have a few similarities to low test symptoms
Most dr's will not do the proper check for hormones and miss over 60% of the puzzle.
Where are you located?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Most dr's will not do the proper check for hormones and miss over 60% of the puzzle.
Where are you located?
mine does, he should go see an endo and they will if he gives correlating sides more than likely. Mine has no problem doing them if there is a reason behind it. If this is not an option he could always go with a blood spot test or saliva test to get a relative answer

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
mine does, he should go see an endo and they will if he gives sides more than likely. Mine has no problem doing them if there is a reason behind it. If this is not an option he could always go with a blood spot test or saliva test to get a relative answer
Did you dr do cortisol salvia test and nutrient testing to assess the mineral content of the cells as well as enforce proper stress reduction, or examine if there was a EMF disturbance in the bed room that could cause hormonal and sleep pattern disturbances..THAT IS BEING Properly treated. We are the clean up crew for top dr's. There testosterone is perfect but they still feel like crap. That is were i come in to look deeper into the issue whether it be mental, emotional, nutritional, lifestyles, hidden hormone imbalances that slip through the cracks.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Did you dr do cortisol salvia test and nutrient testing to assess the mineral content of the cells as well as enforce proper stress reduction, or examine if there was a EMF disturbance in the bed room that could cause hormonal and sleep pattern disturbances..THAT IS BEING Properly treated. We are the clean up crew for top dr's. There testosterone is perfect but they still feel like crap. That is were i come in to look deeper into the issue whether it be mental, emotional, nutritional, lifestyles, hidden hormone imbalances that slip through the cracks.
Well good for you, I don't see why you are attacking me. I told him to get a hormone panel done because he was concerned with possible low testosterone. In my area if you go to a decent doctor who cares about his/her patients and tell them your symptoms and alittle about your reasoning behind said problem they usually do a blood test. That right, then, and there will prove if he has low test or not, then from there he could go and try to examine the source of the problem.

There are a ton of different factors that can contribute to low test, I understand that. So if his testosterone is not low as shown by the Hormone panel he can use your advise to figure out what is causing the issue or vise versa

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I don't think he's attacking you Tex so much as doctors that don't do a full battery of tests. While in a perfect world the doctor could order up every single relevant test, the sheer cost and burden on the healthcare system if everybody started doing this would cause serious problems. A simple thyroid and hormone panel would give a rough idea, and he could delve further should he deem necessary.

Also to the OP; you say you get 6-8/every day and are still tired. Try sleeping for longer than 8 for a week and see how that goes. Also what is the quality of your sleep like? Turn of all lights and electrical devices in your room.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Well good for you, I don't see why you are attacking me. I told him to get a hormone panel done because he was concerned with possible low testosterone. In my area if you go to a decent doctor who cares about his/her patients and tell them your symptoms and alittle about your reasoning behind said problem they usually do a blood test. That right, then, and there will prove if he has low test or not, then from there he could go and try to examine the source of the problem.

There are a ton of different factors that can contribute to low test, I understand that. So if his testosterone is not low as shown by the Hormone panel he can use your advise to figure out what is causing the issue or vise versa
Rule it out at the beginning will result in months of unanswered questions
Looking at the entire blood lipids and hormones will give a better over all pics then trickle in bits and pieces. Not slamming you just saying that all this should be done off the bat because if its not then its another 6 weeks then 12 weeks and still no resolutions to symptoms. Many people adjusting nutritoin, lifestyles, and other factors have avoided TRT completely when these were addressed. If they are primary they are screwed flat out.

cosmosis

Awards
I don't think he's attacking you Tex so much as doctors that don't do a full battery of tests. While in a perfect world the doctor could order up every single relevant test, the sheer cost and burden on the healthcare system if everybody started doing this would cause serious problems. A simple thyroid and hormone panel would give a rough idea, and he could delve further should he deem necessary.

Also to the OP; you say you get 6-8/every day and are still tired. Try sleeping for longer than 8 for a week and see how that goes. Also what is the quality of your sleep like? Turn of all lights and electrical devices in your room.
Thanks SteveO. I can fall asleep very fast, but always get up at least once a night. I do work an IT job, and am always in front of a computer at work. However, iI try to get at least 30 minutes to an hour in the sun a day for Vitamin D production. I do not use wireless at home fwiw. but usually do use the computer at home if that helps.

It's hard to believe that I am consistently overtrained given the level I train at and my diet around 2500 - 3000 calories a day for my 175 lb weight, but I fell as if my Central Nervous System is fried sometimes. What would be the tests to run for this? Thyroid? Cortisol?

cosmosis

Awards
Looking at the entire blood lipids and hormones will give a better over all pics then trickle in bits and pieces. Not slamming you just saying that all this should be done off the bat because if its not then its another 6 weeks then 12 weeks and still no resolutions to symptoms. Many people adjusting nutritoin, lifestyles, and other factors have avoided TRT completely when these were addressed. If they are primary they are screwed flat out.

Thanks Matrix. It appears a full blood panel has to be the way to go. if my doctor cannot provide me that I have to look elsewhere. Can anyone recommend an endo in the Atlanta area?

PS I 've read many of your posts on this board and appreciate greatly the help and advice you give here.

Thanks

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
so then we are on the same page about getting a blood test done. hormonal, cholesterol, liver values. That is generally what people do when evaluating. I do agree that nutrition and other factors can make a world of difference.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Thanks SteveO. I can fall asleep very fast, but always get up at least once a night. I do work an IT job, and am always in front of a computer at work. However, iI try to get at least 30 minutes to an hour in the sun a day for Vitamin D production. I do not use wireless at home fwiw. but usually do use the computer at home if that helps.

It's hard to believe that I am consistently overtrained given the level I train at and my diet around 2500 - 3000 calories a day for my 175 lb weight, but I fell as if my Central Nervous System is fried sometimes. What would be the tests to run for this? Thyroid? Cortisol?
Person with hormone issue can not process vitamin D properly.
Case example
24 year old californian
Time out in the sun 1.5 hours a day .
Vitamin D levels test 30
So thirty minutes is no where near enough plus you are wearing cloths.
90% of people personally tested are vitamin D deficient 100 plus so far.

Girl 21
tan as can be lives in florida
vitamin D was 20 (20-100)
This just goes to show you just how mis lead we really are.