Hormone Imbalance?? Young male

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Hormone Imbalance?? Young male

Im 20 years old and suffer from pretty strong anxiety, mild depression, and severe fatigue. I also have an extreamly overactive gag reflex, its as if someone is always jabbing their finger down my throat. Im 5'7 and 130lbs. I was a strong well built 150lbs. I dropped down to 120lbs from eating next to nothing and not lifting for 6 months. Ive taken many phsyc meds, most have failed me with the exception of klonopin. Im finally off of it and am trying to stay "clean" off of mind altering substances in an attempt to find the root of my issues. I have been researching the hormonal field and it is quite compelling.

I beleive i have a hormonal imbalance. My free E2 levels are high as well as my previous Total estrogen readings. My Free test seems like it could be higher while my SHBG could be lower all in relation to my total test. My cortisol is also high, which is expected from stress.

Here is my history of blood work.

Im just looking for some thoughts and opinions. I started to take zinc with my fish oil, multi, b complex and Cal-Mag-Zinc to try to urge my estrogen lower and test higher.

If it comes down to it, ive been looking into AI's.

6/4/2009
    Testosterone, Total 670 250-1100 ng/dL
    Testosterone, Free 101.1 46.0-224.0 pg/mL
    Testosterone, Bioavailable 221.0 110.0-575.0 ng/dL
    SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN 30 7-49 nmol/L
    ALBUMIN 4.8 3.6-5.1 g/dL

5/18/09
    Estradiol, Free 0.47 < OR = 0.45- PG/ML
    Estradiol, % Free 2.33 1.25-1.85 %
    Estradiol 20 < OR = 29- PG/ML
    T3 Reverse 25 11-32 ng/dL
    Free T4 1.3 0.8-1.8 NG/DL
    TSH (Third Generation) 2.36 0.40-4.50 mU/L
    Progesterone 1.1 <1.4- NG/ML
    Prolactin 11.9 2.0-18.0 NG/ML
    Testosterone 602 241-827 NG/DL
    Cortisol 17.7 3.0-17.0 MCG/DL
    Follicle Stim.Hormone(FSH) 3.9 1.6-8.0 MIU/ML
    Luteinizing Hormone(LH) 8.9 1.5-9.3 MIU/ML
    Pregnenolone 133 13-208 NG/DL

2/10/2009
    ESTROGENS, TOTAL 99 130 OR LESS (ADULT)- PG/ML

12/23/08
    TSH (Third Generation) 1.34 0.50-4.30 mU/L
    ESTROGENS, TOTAL 198 130 OR LESS (ADULT)- PG/ML
    Testosterone 657 241-827 NG/DL

7/26/07
    TSH (Third Generation) 0.80 0.70-6.40 mU/L

I have results from another round of test coming (E1, E2, E3,) and still need to take a 24 hour urine test for DHEA.

2. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by The450Man View Post
    Im 20 years old and suffer from pretty strong anxiety, mild depression, and severe fatigue. I also have an extreamly overactive gag reflex, its as if someone is always jabbing their finger down my throat. Im 5'7 and 130lbs. I was a strong well built 150lbs. I dropped down to 120lbs from eating next to nothing and not lifting for 6 months. Ive taken many phsyc meds, most have failed me with the exception of klonopin. Im finally off of it and am trying to stay "clean" off of mind altering substances in an attempt to find the root of my issues. I have been researching the hormonal field and it is quite compelling.

I beleive i have a hormonal imbalance. My free E2 levels are high as well as my previous Total estrogen readings. My Free test seems like it could be higher while my SHBG could be lower all in relation to my total test. My cortisol is also high, which is expected from stress.

Here is my history of blood work.

Im just looking for some thoughts and opinions. I started to take zinc with my fish oil, multi, b complex and Cal-Mag-Zinc to try to urge my estrogen lower and test higher.

If it comes down to it, ive been looking into AI's.

6/4/2009
    Testosterone, Total 670 250-1100 ng/dL
    Testosterone, Free 101.1 46.0-224.0 pg/mL
    Testosterone, Bioavailable 221.0 110.0-575.0 ng/dL
    SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN 30 7-49 nmol/L
    ALBUMIN 4.8 3.6-5.1 g/dL

5/18/09
    Estradiol, Free 0.47 < OR = 0.45- PG/ML
    Estradiol, % Free 2.33 1.25-1.85 %
    Estradiol 20 < OR = 29- PG/ML
    T3 Reverse 25 11-32 ng/dL
    Free T4 1.3 0.8-1.8 NG/DL
    TSH (Third Generation) 2.36 0.40-4.50 mU/L
    Progesterone 1.1 <1.4- NG/ML
    Prolactin 11.9 2.0-18.0 NG/ML
    Testosterone 602 241-827 NG/DL
    Cortisol 17.7 3.0-17.0 MCG/DL
    Follicle Stim.Hormone(FSH) 3.9 1.6-8.0 MIU/ML
    Luteinizing Hormone(LH) 8.9 1.5-9.3 MIU/ML
    Pregnenolone 133 13-208 NG/DL

2/10/2009
    ESTROGENS, TOTAL 99 130 OR LESS (ADULT)- PG/ML

12/23/08
    TSH (Third Generation) 1.34 0.50-4.30 mU/L
    ESTROGENS, TOTAL 198 130 OR LESS (ADULT)- PG/ML
    Testosterone 657 241-827 NG/DL

7/26/07
    TSH (Third Generation) 0.80 0.70-6.40 mU/L

I have results from another round of test coming (E1, E2, E3,) and still need to take a 24 hour urine test for DHEA.
    From dealing with people I would suggest a 4 point salivia test to verify cortisol imbalances. Even though you have good TSH that means squat if you have high antibodies.
    Total estrogens are a wasted test ultra e2 looks good.
    Love to see your total t3 and t4 levels and reverse t3 since cortisol is alittle high.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    From dealing with people I would suggest a 4 point salivia test to verify cortisol imbalances. Even though you have good TSH that means squat if you have high antibodies.
    Total estrogens are a wasted test ultra e2 looks good.
    Love to see your total t3 and t4 levels and reverse t3 since cortisol is alittle high.
    so ultra e2 is good, what about free e2? Estradiol, Free 0.47 < OR = 0.45- PG/ML and Estradiol, % Free 2.33 1.25-1.85 %

Do you think its something i should worry about? Im just attempting to find pieces of the puzzle causing my anxiety/fatigue.

Thanks
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

go with your Doctors advice.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    therein lies the problem.....at least 80, if not 90% of the advice I have been given by endos has been wrong........I would trust the aggregate knowledge of this board over most DRs............

the longer you are sick, the more money they make............
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    doctors have been nothing but a near failure for me. General doc has "general" knowledge and thinks anxiety/depression is always purely neuro based.

All the psychs think the same way. Toss me on a pill with some therapy and i will be on my way. Therapy does give coping skills, but how does it overcome severe fatigue? its almost impossible to work through. All the meds have been little of help.

Honestly, the best advice ive ever gotten was from forums.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

so ultra e2 is good, what about free e2? Estradiol, Free 0.47 < OR = 0.45- PG/ML and Estradiol, % Free 2.33 1.25-1.85 %

Do you think its something i should worry about? Im just attempting to find pieces of the puzzle causing my anxiety/fatigue.

Thanks
    I would have your dr look into a rheins 24 hour to get a more accurate pics of estrogens. anything other then ultrasensitive e2 and estrones are tests for women not males. I be curious to look at your cortisol salvia to get a better over all pics. Also your rt3 seem high but i would need to see them in relationship to total t3 serum NOT FREE T3. Look for root cause of your issue which actually may be low cortisol to the fact as many women results showed high normal cortiso, but when I probed further the poor lady was poked 5 times in order to get a vein resulting in a false elevation of cortisol. When in reality she was low which i first checked through muscle testing and then her cortisol levels came back LOW. How may people are slipping through the cracks because of this.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Interesting Matrix....so you think getting stabbed may immediately raise cortisol levels?

I have relatively low blood pressure due to adrenal fatigue and I wonder if that makes drawing blood difficult?
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by spinn View Post
    Interesting Matrix....so you think getting stabbed may immediately raise cortisol levels?

I have relatively low blood pressure due to adrenal fatigue and I wonder if that makes drawing blood difficult?
    yes it does
    when cortisol was low blood would not flow properly. they had tore sdtick me 2-3 times. drink little salt in your water before draw.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Alright, just got my estrone levels back. It came up over twice as high as what it should be.

ESTRONE, SERUM 144 < OR = 68- PG/ML

From my understanding....... Estradiol is from the aromatization of test and Estrone is the aromatization of androstenedione.

Would an AI help both levels?
  11. Registered User
    Answers

Alright, just got my estrone levels back. It came up over twice as high as what it should be.

ESTRONE, SERUM 144 < OR = 68- PG/ML

From my understanding....... Estradiol is from the aromatization of test and Estrone is the aromatization of androstenedione.

Would an AI help both levels?
    Rhiens urine test is a must.
    I can order it if your Dr won't
    you just have to pay cash flat out for it.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Rhiens urine test is a must.
    I can order it if your Dr won't
    you just have to pay cash flat out for it.
    whats the rhiens urine test? how much does it cost?
  13. Registered User
    Answers

whats the rhiens urine test? how much does it cost?
    226 shows all hormone metabolites in urine. over 24 hour
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. young male low test need help
    By soccer87 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-04-2011, 08:24 AM
  2. Male Hormone Balancing
    By abuleh in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-09-2008, 07:52 AM
  3. Hormone Imbalance?
    By SHaneA655 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine