Excited, went to Dr. today!

paradigmer

Awards
I have suspected for about 2 years now that I was suffering from low T. I am also hypo-thyroid and I don't think my dosage is correct.

I went to a new Dr. today, recommended by a co-worker and he was very receptive to testing and said that T therapy would be justified if my total t was under 400. The last two times I tested my total t was 320 and then 280.

I convinced him to send me to the lab and check:

- Total T
- Free T
- TSH
- Free T3
- Free T4
- Estradiol

He thought the Estradiol wasn't necessary but agreed to have it checked.

I will have my follow up appt. to review lab results next wed and I will post here and share.

I'm excited and optimistic to get this problem under control.

My main complaint is just being tired all of the time and not feeling like i have any drive or energy.

I'm 40 y/o white male. 6'2" 195lbs, eat healthy, exercise etc., but over the last few years I've noticed a huge decline in mental sharpness and focus and in my physical energy level including sex drive.

Hopefully this is the beginning to bringing some balance back into my life. I'm not looking to become superman or get roid-rage or anything like that lol.

Just want to feel a little more like "me" again!

Thanks for listening.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I have suspected for about 2 years now that I was suffering from low T. I am also hypo-thyroid and I don't think my dosage is correct.

I went to a new Dr. today, recommended by a co-worker and he was very receptive to testing and said that T therapy would be justified if my total t was under 400. The last two times I tested my total t was 320 and then 280.

- Total T
- Free T
- TSH
- Free T3
- Free T4
- Estradiol

I will have my follow up appt. to review lab results next wed and I will post here and share.

My main complaint is just being tired all of the time and not feeling like i have any drive or energy.

I'm 40 y/o white male. 6'2" 195lbs, eat healthy, exercise etc., but over the last few years I've noticed a huge decline in mental sharpness and focus and in my physical energy level including sex drive.

Hopefully this is the beginning to bringing some balance back into my life. I'm not looking to become superman or get roid-rage or anything like that lol.

Thanks for listening.
Yes most likely it could be low adrenals as well which could be affecting the thyroid. A lot of people have low adrenals which will explain why thyroid is not working properly.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Some doctors are good and some are bad
Some just really suck but its not their fought its only what they learned in med school

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

- Total T
- Free T
- TSH
- Free T3
- Free T4
- Estradiol

Thanks for listening.
Your testing list is better than nothing.
Testing FreeT directly is asking for trouble.
Bad not reliable test, once the cat is out of the bag, hard to argue.
If you already had blood drawn, try to not to look at that number.
---------------

I have a list for blood testing. I do it once a year, blood drawn at Quest Diagnostics.
List is at post #44 page 32, between blue lines, here:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-2.html

Consider looking thru all 5 pages of this thread.
One day I will put it in some order, not now.