Fixing the methylation cycle

MacWanted

Awards
  • Established
I found this chart interesting:

Question: if you have a high level of B12 in serum, doesn't it mean that it is not used properly?

Then starting supplementing with active forms of folate, 5 formyl THF (folinic acid) and 5-methyl THF, would help to B12 getting used?

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
Before you do any supplementing you would need to do a urine organic acids and metabolic analysis. From this you could then know where your issues lie and hence what supplements you require.

From those tests Elevated Sarcosine would indicate a folic acid deficiency due to not enough being supplied in the diet or a MTHFR mutation in which case you would need Folinic Acid - methylated form.

High B12 can be from too much protein foods and foods containing B12, again you would need to do the tests to get a definitive answer. On the other hand low "normal" B12 with elevated folic acid would indicate the folate is building up in the body and becoming useless. Methylfolate trap.

MacWanted

Awards
  • Established
Before you do any supplementing you would need to do a urine organic acids and metabolic analysis. From this you could then know where your issues lie and hence what supplements you require.

From those tests Elevated Sarcosine would indicate a folic acid deficiency due to not enough being supplied in the diet or a MTHFR mutation in which case you would need Folinic Acid - methylated form.

High B12 can be from too much protein foods and foods containing B12, again you would need to do the tests to get a definitive answer. On the other hand low "normal" B12 with elevated folic acid would indicate the folate is building up in the body and becoming useless. Methylfolate trap.
I do agree but I don't know if such analysis is available in France.
You should know that France has 10 years if not more of delay. For instance when I asked to get a test for estradiol or SGHB, they look at me like I was an alien. I ask for zinc and copper to my doctor and she told me that we don't do that.
So even basic tests are not regular in France.

I don't have the chance like you to live in US.

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
By the way im in Australia ;)

Testing is pretty good here just like the U.S.

Sorry to hear that i didn't know it was like that in France. But The Genova ONE test can be ordered in a lot of countries as they have locations all over the world. Check their website.

MacWanted

Awards
  • Established
By the way im in Australia ;)

Testing is pretty good here just like the U.S.

Sorry to hear that i didn't know it was like that in France. But The Genova ONE test can be ordered in a lot of countries as they have locations all over the world. Check their website.
Yes I have found one in UK but this is too expensive for me at the moment. I would have to convince my wife to have the test as gift of my birthday :)