T therapy questions

paradigmer

Awards
1. Is bioidentical creme the safest way to go? Any feedback from users?
2. Will testicular shrinkage occur? What about Penis shrinkage?

Thanks,

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
1. Is bioidentical creme the safest way to go? Any feedback from users?
2. Will testicular shrinkage occur? What about Penis shrinkage?

Thanks,
Bioidentical for male hormones is misleading. Bioidentical hormones are made from the same stuff androgel is made except for the difference in the carrier which is not as sloppy and can help proper absorption

Some peoples nuts shrink others are not effected. If your nuts shrink add in HCG and you will be fine.

Penis can actually get bigger due to increased blood flow due to more testosterone or remain the same. Men with low testosterone have smaller penis.

One needs to idenfity if primary or secondary
if secondary one could try HCG if balls are recieving the signal

My concern would be why are you having low T?
Are you addressing the cause of rather treating the symptoms of something else?

How old are you
Are you over weight
Has there been a stressful event in your life 3-6 months prior before feeling this way
Has your thyroid and adrenals been properly looked at
daily activity level
Your eating habits.
How much sunlight to you get a day
What country are you located in

paradigmer

Awards
Matrix, thanks for the reply.

40 y/o white male
Not overweight at all - in good shape 6'2" 195 lbs. a little fat around the mid-section but not much.

I am hypo thyroid and currently on 100mcg / day.

Overall and Free T has been tested twice now. I don't remember the free, but both times the total was around 280--right at the bottom of the range.

I eat very healthy.

Activity level is pretty high throughout the day, plus I lift weights about 3 times per week and run 2 - 3 times.

I'm in and out of the sun all day but never for any prolonged period of time--just basically coming out of one building and into another.

I'm located in the U.S.

Thanks!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
in my opinion, the creme is only safe if you are a hermit, as transfer to women + children can have significant impact. I will agree that it likely is closest to natural production in terms of pulses of hormone.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
When one have low testosterone there are usually other health problems present.

It is good policy to not try anything ad hoc but first investigate life style and do as much testing as possible.
With test results at hand one is able to figure out best line of action.

I do my list of tests about once a year.
My list is located on post #44, page #2, between blue lines, here:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-2.html

Bottom of the list contains my ICD-9 codes.
Those codes make insurance pay.
Codes are part of script.

Below there is long hand explanation of what those codes mean.

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
Biodentical T

My experience with the creams has been a frustrating journey over the past 2years.

I started HRT with TT at 385.

First 8 months on almond oil mixture TT was perfect - between 900 and 1100, then mixtures suddenly became more "thick" and TT fell into 600's. I brought this up to compounding pharmacy and they assured me they always mix it the same (not convinced).

Anyway, then we tried new "jojoba" mixture. Even worse. TT fell to 400's.

Last thing we have tried is old Lipoderm cream which is thick like handcream and absorps well. Bloodwork the same - 400's. Waiting to here from doc on next move.

For all the above I have used doses of 1 - 1.5 ml which equals 200-300mg of testosterone (200mg/ml). I have no more arms to spread it all over.
SHBG, E, DHEA, all good and stable throughout. HCG constant 350 3x/week last 2 years - balls look fine. So I'm convinced that my TT variations are largely due to my absorption capacity for these different mixtures.

So after 2 years I'm back to where I started. Felt great the first 8 months, now back to "old" me. Why not just go to shots? Well I need the extra DHT boost that only creams can give AND those first 8 months were wonderful... I feel like a crackhead chasing that original perfect high. And, honestly, for me, 3 shots a week (HCG) are about as many shots as I would care to do.

I understand my body is certainly an issue and more tests than my doc feels necessary need to be run. I also truly believe there is a pharmacy issue here too (local guys - doc refuses to consider others). So I have decided to turn to "someone here" to run his labs and advise me.

Good luck paradigmer - everyone is different. The important thing is that everyone here is looking to improve themselves and not accepting "growing old" and "feeling old" without a fight. Sometimes there are no easy answers. Read and learn from our mistakes.