Dr. NEEDS explanation for the bloodwork list I want

brassmonkey

Awards
saw a new dr. today and he wants explanations for Estrone, SHBG, DHT, reverse T3, total T3, Thyroid Antibodies, Copper and Prolactin. he said these are ridiculous requests and there is no justification for testing these w/ the initial blood work panel. He wants me to explain why. Can Matrix or anybody else explain why I would want these exact tests run. I just want him to do all the blood work, so I can go to someone else. He is in my network and that is the only reason I am using him. Thank you very much. Here is what I asked for by what Matrix and JanZ thought were important.

Total testosterone
Free testosterone
Bioavailable testosterone
Estradiol Ultra sensitive, LC/MS/MS (30289X)* ( NOT RAPID ESTRADIOL)
Estrone
SHBG (Sex Hormone Binding Globulin)
DHEA-S
DHT
progesterone
IGF-1
Igfbp3
Total T3
Total T4
Reverse t-3
Free t-3
Free t-4
Thyroid Antibodies TGaB (Thyroid Peroxidase antibodies)
TPO
TSH 3 rd generation
25(OH)D, also called 25-hydroxyvitamin D
Ferritin
CMP with liver panel
CBC
Copper serum
Ceruloplasm
Vap
homocysteine
Cortisol am
PSA
Prolactin
Transthyretin

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
your in charge...your paying him for a service...no matter how ridiculous he thinks it is your not asking him to do anything illegal or immoral....tell him to stfu and do it....sounds like a real bastard to me....

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
saw a new dr. today and he wants explanations for Estrone, SHBG, DHT, reverse T3, total T3, Thyroid Antibodies, Copper and Prolactin. he said these are ridiculous requests and there is no justification for testing these w/ the initial blood work panel. He wants me to explain why. Can Matrix or anybody else explain why I would want these exact tests run. I just want him to do all the blood work, so I can go to someone else. He is in my network and that is the only reason I am using him. Thank you very much. Here is what I asked for by what Matrix and JanZ thought were important.

Total testosterone
Free testosterone
Bioavailable testosterone
Estradiol Ultra sensitive, LC/MS/MS (30289X)* ( NOT RAPID ESTRADIOL)
Estrone
SHBG (Sex Hormone Binding Globulin)
DHEA-S
DHT
progesterone
IGF-1
Igfbp3
Total T3
Total T4
Reverse t-3
Free t-3
Free t-4
Thyroid Antibodies TGaB (Thyroid Peroxidase antibodies)
TPO
TSH 3 rd generation
25(OH)D, also called 25-hydroxyvitamin D
Ferritin
CMP with liver panel
CBC
Copper serum
Ceruloplasm
Vap
homocysteine
Cortisol am
PSA
Prolactin
Transthyretin
switch the estrodial to sensitive essay not ultrasensitve
Reason being tell him these are to rule out hypoadrenal and thyroid disorders
I will be out in CO in about 5-6 weeks.

Look on my journal for diagnostic codes.
as long as you have the codes your insurance will cover it.

you have the ability to hire and fire.
there is a clinic that is in CO springs that looks promising I have been asked to acquire about.
Actually one of my clients wants me to apply for a job they have spoke highly of me. LOL

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
your in charge...your paying him for a service...no matter how ridiculous he thinks it is your not asking him to do anything illegal or immoral....tell him to stfu and do it....sounds like a real bastard to me....
I'll assume the OP lives in the US and pays for his own tests, but excessive and unnecessary tests cost taxpayers alot of money up here in Canada, and backlogs the system. I read your post on symptoms, and it does sounds complicated and warrants a bunch of tests; if you're willing to pay for it (or your insurance) it's your call as long as he will let you. I would use this opportunity to quiz him and ensure he understands how Prl contributes to libido, etc. The thyroid workout looks a bit much before you've even identified the problem; a TSH, Free T3 and T4 will be cheaper. If you had rT3 dominance, there are certain symptoms and then the test would be confirmatory.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Your list is somewhat scattered.

Rather, use list from my post #44,
between blue lines.
Bottom of that list contains diagnostic codes (ICD-9)

List and codes is a complete script.

Have doctor sign under that list and put a header with his name and his company name.
Your name and date.
========================================

Below that list there are long hand explanation of the meaning of those ICD-9 codes.
Copy that explanation, hopefully that will convice your doctor.

It helps to learn about a HRT a little bit.
If your doc senses that you know what you are doing,
it will give him confidence that the money spend on testing ($3500) is well spend.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-2.html

//////////////
///////////////

DT5

Awards
  • Established
get a new doctor. i hate docs like this. just dont call him back and go elsewhere. **** him

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
get a new doctor. i hate docs like this. just dont call him back and go elsewhere. **** him
I had a problem with my GP.
Nice guy but have given me hard time with my blood test requests.
After a while I realized that his problem was in justifying his prescription requirements.
When doc writes blood test request he also have to put in why he is doing it.
Reason for his request in medical terms is called diagnosis.
Diagnosis does not have to be 100% accurate, just suspicion of a problem is good enough.

Bottom line, doc did not want to spend time fishing up diagnostic codes.
That takes up his time.

When I realized what is going on, I bought a cuple cups of coffe for his nurse and we figured out the ICD-9 codes.

After that my doc would sign anything where top and bottom of the script would make sense.

That is why I am always including ICD-9 codes with my list of tests on post #44.
With those codes many of guys who would like to use my list have a better chance.

brassmonkey used somebody elses set of tests,
that list alone is not good enough to write complete script.

brassmonkey

Awards
thanks for the reply JanZ. I read you saying that I used somebody elses set of tests and that list alone is not good enough reason to run the script, but in your other post, you offered your list? I am confused as where to go from here. I gave him the codes w/ the first list. Thanks for the help, I really want to work this out so I can get a complete script to figure out what is going on.

Bolo334

Awards
Forgive my ignorance but why can't you tell him the truth?

If it's for anti-aging purposes there are doctors who specialize in that. If you're taking hormones it's important to have your doctor check your levels. High levels of hormones can be just as bad as low levels if not worse.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the reply JanZ. I read you saying that I used somebody elses set of tests and that list alone is not good enough reason to run the script, but in your other post, you offered your list? I am confused as where to go from here. I gave him the codes w/ the first list. Thanks for the help, I really want to work this out so I can get a complete script to figure out what is going on.
Read the boards.
Read other posts on a thread that I post my list.
You should be familiar enough with the items on a list that you will reason to your doc for most of the items on the list.
By asking doctor for specific items to test, you are basicaklly telling him that you will be ready to interpret the results when they come back.

Doctor may not be familiar with some of those requests.
When the report comes back and you start asking him what to do with those results, what is he going to tell you?

It is not easy.
Possibly your Mom or Dad know a doctor for the last 30 years, they can ask him a favor to write that script for you.

Or just make a list of 20 doctors and go from one to another hoping to get lucky.

After you get the results post them, people will help you interpret them.

Most doctors are ignorant in this area, do not even waste time trying to juge them.
Just look for the one that you can get helping had from.