Mixing and injecting HCG

brian82

Awards
Do I need to use a new needle everytime I inject HCG? Or can I just mix 2ml of water with 2000IU of HCG and use the same needle to inject 4x0.5ml then put the needle back in the fridge?

Thanks,

B

sandusky

Awards
I don't see any reason why not -- it's pretty safe if you're careful not to contaminate the needle. With HGH, I draw up all of the solution in a 1cc insulin syringe, take 0.1 cc at a time, & keep in fridge in between. Only problem is the needle keeps getting duller.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you inject once, you have contaminated the needle. You'll likely be fine, but why take the risk? Transfer the solution to 4 insulin syringes, costing you about 60 cents more.

sandusky

Awards
If you inject once, you have contaminated the needle. You'll likely be fine, but why take the risk? Transfer the solution to 4 insulin syringes, costing you about 60 cents more.
Yeah, strictly speaking, you're right. But take it from me (I'm an M.D.) a used needle is unlikely to be contaminated if you've prepped your skin properly with alcohol & use sterile technique with giving the injection; and more to the point, an infection from a subQ stick isn't nearly as big a deal as it is with IM. A contaminated IM injection would probably lead to an abcess deep in the muscle that would require surgical drainage - but with subQ even if you did happen to get an infection, your body would probably just get rid of it by itself within a few days, just like if you had a small cut that got infected. Sure, there's a tiny risk that it some infectious agent could get into your bloodstream and kill you or something, but that could happen even with a fresh needle if you have't sterilized your skin.

Anyway, I've been doing the multi-dose thing I described for years without ever getting infected.

So while I definitely agree that you shouldn't ever reuse a needle for an IM injection, I wouldn't worry about it with subQ. And of course, NEVER use a needle someone else has used.