My Endo is "considering" hcg for me....

rocker2229

Awards
Hi guys,
I need some help and greatly appreciate any and all comments.

Here is the short version of my story. I am 43 and have been on TRT (depo-t) since age 30. Felt better, but never really great. Testosterone nver really got above 300, though the higher the dose, the better I felt. Moved to a new part of the country and have a new endo who seems clueless. I recently stopped all depo-t because of the testicular atrophy; my endo started me on clomid-- I know, I know....not a good choice. Messed up my vision and I felt worse than not being on the depo. Clomid was d/c'd and now temporarily bak on depo (75mg q 2 weeks) which is a tiny dose. He agreed to consider hcg monotherapy if I can get him some literature on a treatment protocol and a few journal articles. Can anyone help? I've looked for Dr John's protocol and couldn't find it. After reading a few threads, I was planning to request my endo start me out low, maybe 250iu-350iu eod or e3d and possibly add an AI if needed.

thanks,
Rocker

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Hi guys,
I need some help and greatly appreciate any and all comments.

Here is the short version of my story. I am 43 and have been on TRT (depo-t) since age 30. Felt better, but never really great. Testosterone nver really got above 300, though the higher the dose, the better I felt. Moved to a new part of the country and have a new endo who seems clueless. I recently stopped all depo-t because of the testicular atrophy; my endo started me on clomid-- I know, I know....not a good choice. Messed up my vision and I felt worse than not being on the depo. Clomid was d/c'd and now temporarily bak on depo (75mg q 2 weeks) which is a tiny dose. He agreed to consider hcg monotherapy if I can get him some literature on a treatment protocol and a few journal articles. Can anyone help? I've looked for Dr John's protocol and couldn't find it. After reading a few threads, I was planning to request my endo start me out low, maybe 250iu-350iu eod or e3d and possibly add an AI if needed.

thanks,
Rocker
Have you taken any HCG during the course of your therapy? Thirteen years is a long time. I was on test for a year and needed 10,000 IUs per week for months to restore testicular function.

rocker2229

Awards
Thanks for the reply Colkurtz.

I've never been on hcg before and all prior treatment was solely depo-t. The clomid helped restore some testicular size, but nothing like it was before all the years of depo-t. I read you thread about the large dose of hcg you took and tolerated well. I am hopeful I will have a good response, which is probable considering clomid raised my T to 437 after 5 week from 237 (on 75 mg depot t q 14days).

Anyone have any journal articles or a link to Dr John's tx protocol?

Rocker

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
If you responded to clomid you should do well on HCG. I follow Dr. John's dosing schedule. He has recommended E3D or twice per week. I've been doing this for three years and prefer twice per week. I don't think 350 IUs will do much for you. You should probably start with 500. If that doesn't work use more. Your choices are that, or more shut down from an exogenous source.

Thanks for the reply Colkurtz.

I've never been on hcg before and all prior treatment was solely depo-t. The clomid helped restore some testicular size, but nothing like it was before all the years of depo-t. I read you thread about the large dose of hcg you took and tolerated well. I am hopeful I will have a good response, which is probable considering clomid raised my T to 437 after 5 week from 237 (on 75 mg depot t q 14days).

Anyone have any journal articles or a link to Dr John's tx protocol?

Rocker

longrob

Awards
colkurtz,
Let me ask you a question, pls. When you were taking HCG at 10,000 IUs per week, did it first increase your libido significantly, even though it did not yet restore testicular function?
-Rob

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
colkurtz,
Let me ask you a question, pls. When you were taking HCG at 10,000 IUs per week, did it first increase your libido significantly, even though it did not yet restore testicular function?
-Rob
My libido got strong once the testes resumed. I felt like I was 20 again.