Low DHEA levels should i try...

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

Awards
I have low DHEA levels. Should i try supplementing with straight DHEA or go for the 7-keto DHEA.

Does anyone have a good comprehensive comparison between DHEA and 7-keto? I'm not sure what the advantages of 7-keto are other than not converting to test/estradiol.

I'd like something that counteracts the effects of cortisol and increases a sense of well being and libido. So which do you guys think is better for the task?

My test levels are in the 300 level and estradiol is 17.

Thanks

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I have low DHEA levels. Should i try supplementing with straight DHEA or go for the 7-keto DHEA.

Does anyone have a good comprehensive comparison between DHEA and 7-keto? I'm not sure what the advantages of 7-keto are other than not converting to test/estradiol.

I'd like something that counteracts the effects of cortisol and increases a sense of well being and libido. So which do you guys think is better for the task?

My test levels are in the 300 level and estradiol is 17.

Thanks
If dhea levels are low then I investigate adrenal fatigue and lifestyles, thyroid hormones to rule this out as low thyroid can cause low dhea in some people.

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

Awards
you might try dermacrine
I find creams to be very inconvenient so i would rather go pill form if i can.

If dhea levels are low then I investigate adrenal fatigue and lifestyles, thyroid hormones to rule this out as low thyroid can cause low dhea in some people.
My thyroid is in the upper third range and i have been getting much more sleep in the last few months with a more regular basis. It seems that my DHEA levels have leveled off at a substandard level.

Since i live in Canada and cannot get DHEA here would 7-Keto DHEA provide the same benefits or would DHEA be the only solution?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I find creams to be very inconvenient so i would rather go pill form if i can.

My thyroid is in the upper third range and i have been getting much more sleep in the last few months with a more regular basis. It seems that my DHEA levels have leveled off at a substandard level.

Since i live in Canada and cannot get DHEA here would 7-Keto DHEA provide the same benefits or would DHEA be the only solution?
No it will not substiture for dhea.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
you could get someone in the U.S. to buy it and ship it to you, i mean you can buy it at wal-mart here lol

MacWanted

Awards
  • Established
I have just started to read an interesting book "Curing Stress, Anxiety, and Depression Without Drugs and Without Talk Therapy" by Dr. David Servan-Schreiber M.D. Ph.D.

using the technic of heart coherence can help you to increase DHEA by 100%.

maybe you should read this book and your low DHEA can be related to stress.

"Studies have shown that the effects of heart coherence on lowering blood pressure, lowering the damaging stress hormone cortisol and raising levels of the "youth hormone" DHEA (dehydropiandrosterone) are significant."

Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

Awards
I have just started to read an interesting book "Curing Stress, Anxiety, and Depression Without Drugs and Without Talk Therapy" by Dr. David Servan-Schreiber M.D. Ph.D.

using the technic of heart coherence can help you to increase DHEA by 100%.

maybe you should read this book and your low DHEA can be related to stress.

"Studies have shown that the effects of heart coherence on lowering blood pressure, lowering the damaging stress hormone cortisol and raising levels of the "youth hormone" DHEA (dehydropiandrosterone) are significant."
Is this it?

Step 1: Heart Focus

Gently focus your attention on your in the area of your heart.It may help to place your hand over your heart. If your mind wanders just keep bringing your attention back to the area of your heart.

Step 2:

Heart Breathing

As you focus on the area of your heart , pretend your breath is flowing in and out through that area. This helps your mind and energy to stay focused and your respiration and hearth rhythms to synchronise. Breath slowly and gently, until your breathing feels smooth and balanced.

Step 3:

Heart Feeling

As you continue to breathe, recall a positive feeling, a time when you ' felt good inside.' Now try
to re experience the feeling. This could be a feeling of appreciation or care toward a special person, a pet, a place you enjoy, or an activity that was fun. Allow yourself to really' feel ' this good feeling of appreciation or care. If you can't feel anything, it's okay, just try to find a sincere attitude of appreciation or care. Once you have found a positive feeling or attitude, you can sustain it by continuing your heart focus, heart breathing, and heart feeling.

I've ordered some Isocort and DHEA but i'm not sure if it will cross the border.

Are there anyone other supplements that are legal in Canada that i can take?

I'm thinking Licorice and Relora might be a good substitute.

MacWanted

Awards
  • Established
Is this it?

Step 1: Heart Focus

Gently focus your attention on your in the area of your heart.It may help to place your hand over your heart. If your mind wanders just keep bringing your attention back to the area of your heart.

Step 2:

Heart Breathing

As you focus on the area of your heart , pretend your breath is flowing in and out through that area. This helps your mind and energy to stay focused and your respiration and hearth rhythms to synchronise. Breath slowly and gently, until your breathing feels smooth and balanced.

Step 3:

Heart Feeling

As you continue to breathe, recall a positive feeling, a time when you ' felt good inside.' Now try
to re experience the feeling. This could be a feeling of appreciation or care toward a special person, a pet, a place you enjoy, or an activity that was fun. Allow yourself to really' feel ' this good feeling of appreciation or care. If you can't feel anything, it's okay, just try to find a sincere attitude of appreciation or care. Once you have found a positive feeling or attitude, you can sustain it by continuing your heart focus, heart breathing, and heart feeling.

I've ordered some Isocort and DHEA but i'm not sure if it will cross the border.

Are there anyone other supplements that are legal in Canada that i can take?

I'm thinking Licorice and Relora might be a good substitute.
not sure but you might find some info on the net...

the technic is to have a breath in that last 5 secondes and a breath out that lasts also 5 secondes. So you do 6 times this in a minute and you have to do the exercice for 3 minutes, 3 times a day (morning, noon, evening). You will need 2 or 3 weeks to learn the technic, then it will become more systematic and then to will start to manage beter your stress.