Acai Berries

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
Im thinking of buying some Acai berries in powder form because im looking to add a food based supplement to my diet something with a lot of antioxidants such as this. Their are many claimed health benefits but you can't really sift through the nonsense. I haven't looked at any studies just yet.

Anyone else here use Acai berries in powder or liquid form? If so have you noticed any benefits?

Acai Berry Fruit Health Benefits. How can Acai help you stay healthy?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Im thinking of buying some Acai berries in powder form because im looking to add a food based supplement to my diet something with a lot of antioxidants such as this. Their are many claimed health benefits but you can't really sift through the nonsense. I haven't looked at any studies just yet.

Anyone else here use Acai berries in powder or liquid form? If so have you noticed any benefits?

Acai Berry Fruit Health Benefits. How can Acai help you stay healthy?
SCAM
Revsreatrol is better 250 mgs 100% trans

rick055

Awards
  • Established
Acai is not at all a scam, it's a very powerful antioxidant. I used to use Mona-Vie, but the price was too much for me, though I still consider it the best acai blend.

Check out sambazon acai; they have an organic powdered acai for something like $22. I'll pop some in yogurt or, most recently, my twice daily cocktail:

2 oz POM
1 scoop sambazon acai
1 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp Carlson's orange fish oil

Pop it through the magic bullet and you're good to go

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Acai is not at all a scam, it's a very powerful antioxidant. I used to use Mona-Vie, but the price was too much for me, though I still consider it the best acai blend.

Check out sambazon acai; they have an organic powdered acai for something like $22. I'll pop some in yogurt or, most recently, my twice daily cocktail:

2 oz POM
1 scoop sambazon acai
1 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp Carlson's orange fish oil

Pop it through the magic bullet and you're good to go
HELL NO NOT with his biochemistry you are asking for major issues..
See this is why people need to understand how molecular medicine works because if he did that cocktail it would set him back months or even years..HEs been instructed to stay off fish oils PEROID !!

rick055

Awards
  • Established
I wasn't telling him to do that cocktail, I was explaining how I use it. Who is an antioxidant going to harm?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I wasn't telling him to do that cocktail, I was explaining how I use it. Who is an antioxidant going to harm?
Fish oils in his case would be catastropic due to his issues that he is dealing which is beyond conventional medicine. I have studied nutrogenomics for about 3 years and most dr's have no clue even what that is.

Pirate!

Pirate!

Awards
  • Established
Make sure it is freeze dried powder made from the whole fruit. It's amazing.

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
Obviously resveratrol is better as a direct supplement i'm talking in terms of a general food supplement.

Fish oil is bad for me... I still use flaxseed oil sometimes :O lol.....

But flaxseed oil isn't really fish oil now is it since it has alpha linolenic acid and linoeic acid. Its a plant form of omega 3.

thenxtgrt1

Awards
Obviously resveratrol is better as a direct supplement i'm talking in terms of a general food supplement.

Fish oil is bad for me... I still use flaxseed oil sometimes :O lol.....

But flaxseed oil isn't really fish oil now is it since it has alpha linolenic acid and linoeic acid. Its a plant form of omega 3.
MetalMX..in what way is fish oil bad for you?

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
You can ask Matrix that as i am not quite 100% haha.

For me it probably increases Nitric Oxide and i have an excess of NO in my body causing severe symptoms of chronic fatigue. This NO could be due to infection or genetic tendency.

I was using too much fish oil in the past (like tonnes of it) and eating a very low fat diet so you can see how it could cause problems.

For my particular issues i need more Arachidonic acid (omega 6) and omega 9 and saturated fats found in organic butter, Virgin Coconut Oil, Macadamia nut oil and so forth as these help repair the cell membranes.

Im chucking the flaxseed oil out again matrix already warned me about it but i forgot... uh. Probably should write it on my fridge or something.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
You can ask Matrix that as i am not quite 100% haha.

For me it probably increases Nitric Oxide and i have an excess of NO in my body causing severe symptoms of chronic fatigue. This NO could be due to infection or genetic tendency.

I was using too much fish oil in the past (like tonnes of it) and eating a very low fat diet so you can see how it could cause problems.

For my particular issues i need more Arachidonic acid (omega 6) and omega 9 and saturated fats found in organic butter, Virgin Coconut Oil, Macadamia nut oil and so forth as these help repair the cell membranes.

Im chucking the flaxseed oil out again matrix already warned me about it but i forgot... uh. Probably should write it on my fridge or something.
You nailed it on the head..

spinn

Awards
  • Established
how does one test for excess NO.............is there a test for it?

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
Yes. Urine Nitrate Level. Excess NO creates Peroxynitrite and SuperOxide free radicals. Peroxynitrite is a strong oxidant. Because of its oxidizing properties, peroxynitrite can damage the molecules in cells, including DNA. Superoxide is biologically quite toxic and is deployed by the immune system to kill invading microorganisms. These two oxidants lead to neuronal damage.

My supplement schedule is in effect reducing excess NO. IV Vitamin C to neutralize superoxide and 5-methyl folate to neutralize peroxynitrite.

The Optimal Nutritional Evaluation will give you an insight into your biochemistry. It did for me.

Check out the methylation thread.

Pirate!

Pirate!

Awards
  • Established
SCAM
Revsreatrol is better 250 mgs 100% trans
I respect your preference of Res over Acai, but why call it at Scam? Have you reviewed Dr. Schaus studies on it? I personally know many people who have had tremendous health transformations by adding it to their diet.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I respect your preference of Res over Acai, but why call it at Scam? Have you reviewed Dr. Schaus studies on it? I personally know many people who have had tremendous health transformations by adding it to their diet.
Acai is common for weight loss which was a fad because it was on Oprah same way they are scamming people with resveratrol. People were buying this mona vie mult level marketing and end spending 170 bucks a month. Just eat good amount of fruits and veggies and you get everything you need and do not need anything else in terms of antioxident and miracle claims