Blood Test results - please help

jimmy jam

Awards
Hi I just got my first ever hormone blood tests and was wondering of some of you could give me some feedback as to whether or not any thing looks out of whack.

I have been experiencing some pretty bad anxiety lately as well as a non-existant libido. I am not sure if anything I tested would point to a solution of these problems, but I hope so .

I got my tests at Private Md labs as suggest by a poster here.
------------------------------------------------------------------------Lab Ranges

1. Testosterone (serum) - 483 ng/dl ------------------------------------241-826

2. Testosterone , % Free + weakly Bound - 19.7 % ------------------------9-46

3. Test Free + Weakly Bound - 95.2 ng/dl---------------------------------40-250

4. Lutening Hormone - 3.7 mIU/nl -----------------------------------------1.5-9.3

5. FSH - 1.4 mIU/nl-------------------------------------------------------1.4-18.1

6. Estradiol ( sensitive test) - 9 pg/ml ---------------------------------------3-70

7. DHEA-S - 149 ug/dl----------------------------------------------------120-520

8. Aldosterone - 15.3 ng/dl --------------------------------------------------1-16

9. Prolactin - 6.0 ng/dl-------------------------------------------------------2.1-17.7

10. SHBG - 23 nmol/L----------------------------------------------------------13-71

Thanks for any insight any one can offer!

EDIT: lab ranges added

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Hi I just got my first ever hormone blood tests and was wondering of some of you could give me some feedback as to whether or not any thing looks out of whack.

I have been experiencing some pretty bad anxiety lately as well as a non-existant libido. I am not sure if anything I tested would point to a solution of these problems, but I hope so .

I got my tests at Private Md labs as suggest by a poster here.

1. Testosterone (serum) - 483 ng/dl

2. Testosterone , % Free + weakly Bound - 19.7 %

3. Test Free + Weakly Bound - 95.2 ng/dl

4. Lutening Hormone - 3.7 mIU/nl

5. FSH - 1.4 mIU/nl

6. Estradiol ( sensitive test) - 9 pg/ml

7. DHEA-S - 149 ug/dl

8. Aldosterone - 15.3 ng/dl

9. Prolactin - 6.0 ng/dl

10. SHBG - 23 nmol/L

Thanks for any insight any one can offer!
My numbers were close to yours before I began therapy. Your free testosterone, Estradiol, Lutening Hormone, and DHEA-S are all low.

What did your doctor tell you?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
My numbers were close to yours before I began therapy. Your free testosterone, Estradiol, Lutening Hormone, and DHEA-S are all low.

What did your doctor tell you?
can we see the ranges as testosteone can go from 300-1100 or 350-1600

jimmy jam

Awards
Thanks for the replies , I have added the lab ranges above. Any suggestions to solutions for these problems. I do not have a doctor currently. I suppose and endo who is familiar with TRT is who I should go to?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the replies , I have added the lab ranges above. Any suggestions to solutions for these problems. I do not have a doctor currently. I suppose and endo who is familiar with TRT is who I should go to?
My course of action here would be to do a cortisol salvia test by ZRT labs before EVEN THINKING ABOUT TRT and then we go from their..Do not make the mistake many others have. Also need to know your age as well that would help.
If you are in the east coast PM me if you be intereted pursing this further naturally.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
can we see the ranges as testosteone can go from 300-1100 or 350-1600
It was four years ago, but I still remember. These were my numbers pre-HRT:

TT - 475
FT - 102
LH - 3.9
E2 - 16
DHEA-S - 220
IGF-1 - 139

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Your first priority is to find the right doctor. You can start with an endo, but most don't have luck with them. As long as you fall within an acceptable range they don't seem to care. That's ok if you don't mind feeling 70. You'd probably be better off with a urologist.

This forum is a good place to exchange real world experience, but you don't want to get diagnosed here. My opinion is you should save the blood test money, and look for the right doctor. If you have financial or insurance issues that's another matter.

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
Your first priority is to find the right doctor. You can start with an endo, but most don't have luck with them. As long as you fall within an acceptable range they don't seem to care. That's ok if you don't mind feeling 70. You'd probably be better off with a urologist.

This forum is a good place to exchange real world experience, but you don't want to get diagnosed here. My opinion is you should save the blood test money, and look for the right doctor. If you have financial or insurance issues that's another matter.

Pretty much spot on. Don't waste time with endo's, find a good doctor because that will equal a healthy you in the long run.

Look at contributing factors first before thinking about TRT.

Such as: Stress (work, training, type of diet, emotional, lifestyle), dietary (lack of good fats/cholesterol to produce hormones), vitamin/nutritional deficiencies, poor quality or lack of sleep, digestive function/malabsorbtion, Thyroid issues.

jimmy jam

Awards
I just turned 32 so I am pretty sure these not good numbers for someone my age.

I actually did get a 4x saliva cortisol test from ZRT a few weeks ago , it was relatively normal. Although it was a bit low in the morning and maybe a bit high on the bedtime level.

Those numbers were as follows:

Cortisol
1. morning - 5 (range 3.7-9.5) ng/ml
2. noon - 1.8 (range 1.2-3) ng/ml
3. evening - 1.4 9 range .6-1.9)
4. night 1.2 (range .4-1) ng/ml

My diet and lifestyle are pretty good and little stress except from the anxiety I have been experiencing , which I strongly think coiuld be partially caused by the above hormone problems ( or at least I hope so) . I also exercise regularly ( weights and cardio 4x week). I also have ahd extensive thyroid tests in the past which have all turned up normal, i also do not have any digestive or malabsorbtion issues that I know of. Hmm.. what to do.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I just turned 32 so I am pretty sure these not good numbers for someone my age.

I actually did get a 4x saliva cortisol test from ZRT a few weeks ago , it was relatively normal. Although it was a bit low in the morning and maybe a bit high on the bedtime level.

Those numbers were as follows:

Cortisol
1. morning - 5 (range 3.7-9.5) ng/ml
2. noon - 1.8 (range 1.2-3) ng/ml
3. evening - 1.4 9 range .6-1.9)
4. night 1.2 (range .4-1) ng/ml

My diet and lifestyle are pretty good and little stress except from the anxiety I have been experiencing , which I strongly think coiuld be partially caused by the above hormone problems ( or at least I hope so) . I also exercise regularly ( weights and cardio 4x week). I also have ahd extensive thyroid tests in the past which have all turned up normal, i also do not have any digestive or malabsorbtion issues that I know of. Hmm.. what to do.
In given situation then all that needs to be adjusted would be the maye be suggest 25 mgs DHEA 2 time a day to start of biochem/ country life miconized dhea as this would help to increase your estrodial to a more suitable number as well as giving you many other benefits. I would also look at your ferritin levels to see if they are about mid range so that the thyroid could ulitized by the body properly.
Dhea can in some people provide a pathway for testosterone production and give you a loong list of benefits as well as boosting your immune system and also your thyroid. when I see low dhea it can also be reflective of low thyroid as well even though it may be considered normal by a tradiional dr, but in reality it may not be healhy levels for you.