Your HCG and Adex schedule

thenxtgrt1

Awards
I've re-started HCG monotherapy today. After trying to go the "natural" route, I've now made the decision to fine tune a solid HCG plan. I've had my good days, and then others where I felt like crap. This roller coaster ride has been a difficult one. The last time I was on hcg mono, I had great numbers. But some were a little "off". DHT could have been higher. DHEA was on the lower end. And E2 was too high (above range).

My main concern is what schedule you guys are using. For those on monotherapy, what schedule (i.e. EOD, E3D, 2x/week, etc.) works best? Also, how often do you take arimidex. For the first month, I plan on doing 250iu EOD. But I still would like to hear what other guys are doing. And I will be using 0.25 mg Adex E3D.

Also, what supplements are you guys using with mono program? I know alot of folks are using some type of DHEA/Preg combo. For the first month, I will be taking a small amount of DHEA. When I was "natural", I used this and it seemed to bring positive results. I believe addition of DHEA will be helpful especially considering it was on lower end the last time.

Ultimately, I won't to use as least medicine as possible. And keep costs down as much as possible. Hopefully at some point I will obtain an ideal HCG dosing so E2 won't skyrocket and I won't have to use an AI. I welcome all input and knowledge.

Thanks for your help.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I've re-started HCG monotherapy today. After trying to go the "natural" route, I've now made the decision to fine tune a solid HCG plan. I've had my good days, and then others where I felt like crap. This roller coaster ride has been a difficult one. The last time I was on hcg mono, I had great numbers. But some were a little "off". DHT could have been higher. DHEA was on the lower end. And E2 was too high (above range).

My main concern is what schedule you guys are using. For those on monotherapy, what schedule (i.e. EOD, E3D, 2x/week, etc.) works best? Also, how often do you take arimidex. For the first month, I plan on doing 250iu EOD. But I still would like to hear what other guys are doing. And I will be using 0.25 mg Adex E3D.

Also, what supplements are you guys using with mono program? I know alot of folks are using some type of DHEA/Preg combo. For the first month, I will be taking a small amount of DHEA. When I was "natural", I used this and it seemed to bring positive results. I believe addition of DHEA will be helpful especially considering it was on lower end the last time.

Ultimately, I won't to use as least medicine as possible. And keep costs down as much as possible. Hopefully at some point I will obtain an ideal HCG dosing so E2 won't skyrocket and I won't have to use an AI. I welcome all input and knowledge.

Thanks for your help.
300-500ius every 3 rd day seems to be the best for HCG and you can use .25 on days of the shot, but I would not add it untill 3-4 weeks in to test it wherr it is with out it. Only add when needed. hcg can increase dhea in some and over time lower it. I be looking at your adrenal and thyroid prior hcg treatment as it could make you feel good at first then worse later on.

thenxtgrt1

Awards
300-500ius every 3 rd day seems to be the best for HCG and you can use .25 on days of the shot, but I would not add it untill 3-4 weeks in to test it wherr it is with out it. Only add when needed. hcg can increase dhea in some and over time lower it. I be looking at your adrenal and thyroid prior hcg treatment as it could make you feel good at first then worse later on.
...I've had two stints on hcg. The first time I did it without any AI, my E2 came back skyhigh on labs. When I did it late last year, it also was too high. And this was using a low dose otc AI. So I'm pretty sure I need it.

I've had thyroid tested on a few different occassions. Apparently nothing too out-of-whack has been discovered. I've also seen discussion that hcg can boost thryoid??? Not sure how true that is. Definitely didn't positively affect thryoid results when I was on hcg the last time. And I definitely don't have an adrenal insufficiency. It appears to be somewhat higher than it should be at night. But I believe that can be easily corrected.

Any other thoughts?

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
...I've had two stints on hcg. The first time I did it without any AI, my E2 came back skyhigh on labs. When I did it late last year, it also was too high. And this was using a low dose otc AI. So I'm pretty sure I need it.

I've had thyroid tested on a few different occassions. Apparently nothing too out-of-whack has been discovered. I've also seen discussion that hcg can boost thryoid??? Not sure how true that is. Definitely didn't positively affect thryoid results when I was on hcg the last time. And I definitely don't have an adrenal insufficiency. It appears to be somewhat higher than it should be at night. But I believe that can be easily corrected.

Any other thoughts?
During the three plus years I've been on this therapy, my best results have been form injections twice per week, i.e. sun/wed with Arimidex included on day of injection. I've added DHEA since I started treatment, but my DHEAs were low to begin with. I agree with Matrix regarding Arimidex. Start without it. If you feel the effects of high E2 try to first draw blood before taking Arimidex. You'll want a reference. In my opinion, you should start with 500 IUs.

90493m

Awards
ive been using 2000 iu 2xweek plus 1mg Anastrazole for 3 yrs as part of HRT. my total test is currently 1069 and free test 22.6. Estrodial is ok at 30.
this has worked for me but i'm 54 yrs old. i think its highly individualistic as to how sensative your body is hcg. i found bigger less frequent doses work better for me than smaller daily doses

thenxtgrt1

Awards
ive been using 2000 iu 2xweek plus 1mg Anastrazole for 3 yrs as part of HRT. my total test is currently 1069 and free test 22.6. Estrodial is ok at 30.
this has worked for me but i'm 54 yrs old. i think its highly individualistic as to how sensative your body is hcg. i found bigger less frequent doses work better for me than smaller daily doses
Do you take the 1 mg of adex divided amongst your 2 weekly shots?

It surprises me that the larger, less frequent doses works well for many. It seems as this method would drive up E2 more so than BID or EOD.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
350iu hCG E3D
.25mg adex E3D
2 pumps 1% T gel ED (for DHT)

unfortunately can't take DHEA... causes serious anxiety at any dose

rippedintexas

Awards
350iu hCG E3D
.25mg adex E3D

IT does this for me too. What the hell causes it? My DHEA is significantly below the reference range. My body should be craving it.

Doesn't HCG stimulate pregnenolone/DHEA production?

rick055

Awards
  • Established
350iu hCG E3D
.25mg adex E3D

Do you know what your numbers were on just the 350 iu hCG E3D? My natty DHT is just over top of range.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
Do you know what your numbers were on just the 350 iu hCG E3D? My natty DHT is just over top of range.
Total T 557 [241-827] (this may be a low test... normally >700)
DHT 48 [30-85]
Estradiol 14 [3-70]

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Mainly secondary... clomid test took me to 900+

But I suspect some primary due to varicocele, which I still have
There's no way you're primary. You wouldn't have responded so well on such a low dose of HCG. I don't know why you added gel. Your E2 is low. You could have easily gone to 500 IUs and significantly increased DHT. I was recently on the gel combo and E2 shot up. I felt the DHT bump the first 4 to 6 weeks, but after that the returns were negligible. Ultimately my TT dropped from 950 on monotherapy to 632. Of course we are all different. Maybe this will work for you.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
There's no way you're primary. You wouldn't have responded so well on such a low dose of HCG. I don't know why you added gel. Your E2 is low. You could have easily gone to 500 IUs and significantly increased DHT. I was recently on the gel combo and E2 shot up. I felt the DHT bump the first 4 to 6 weeks, but after that the returns were negligible. Ultimately my TT dropped from 950 on monotherapy to 632. Of course we are all different. Maybe this will work for you.
I'm just experimenting with the gel.. so far I don't notice any difference. My E2 has gone up to 40 when I tried higher doses of HCG. Right now I'm in a low spot.

thenxtgrt1

Awards
I'm just experimenting with the gel.. so far I don't notice any difference. My E2 has gone up to 40 when I tried higher doses of HCG. Right now I'm in a low spot.
I'm thinking of adding in some gel too so I'll be interested in how this works out for you.