Low Libido - Bloodwork Results

baustine

Awards
Hey Guys,

I'm 28 years old and I've been experiencing low libido and trouble staying hard. Sex doesn't feel as good either and I don't really want to have sex that much anymore which is tough for relationships. I also have brain fog, low energy, and a sort of lifeless feeling…

I've seen many doctors, but haven't found one who understand hormones that's why I'm posting here bc I know you guys get it..... I'm currently not on any medication, but I took Propecia for about 7 years, but I've been off it for two years, but my libido and energy level have not returned. Are these levels normal for a 28 year old male in good shape because I have no libido and I used to be extremely horny:

Total Testosterone - 531 ng/DL (reference range 250 -1100)

Free Testosterone - 60.8 pg/mL (reference range 35 -155)

% Free Testosterone - 1.14 L (reference range 1.5 - 2.2)

DHT - 42 ng/dL (reference range 25 -75)

DHEA SULFATE - 273 (reference range 110 -510 mcg/dL)
LH - 5.0 (reference range 1.5 - 9.3 mIU/mL)
PROLACTIN - 4.6 (reference range 2 - 18 ng/mL)
ESTRADIOL - 30 (reference range 13 - 54 pg/mL)
SHBG - 32 (reference range 7 - 49 nmol/L)

I was thinking I need to lower my SHBG and ESTRADIOL levels since my % Free Testosterone is off the charts low. Maybe I need more free testosterone. I really don't know much about this - if anyone experienced can check this out and make recommendations that would be amazing because doctors just don't know about hormones. If anyone knows of a good hormone/endocrinologist doctor in Los Angeles that would be great too.

Thanks !

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Hey Guys,

I'm 28 years old and I've been experiencing low libido and trouble staying hard. Sex doesn't feel as good either and I don't really want to have sex that much anymore which is tough for relationships. I also have brain fog, low energy, and a sort of lifeless feeling…

I've seen many doctors, but haven't found one who understand hormones that's why I'm posting here bc I know you guys get it..... I'm currently not on any medication, but I took Propecia for about 7 years, but I've been off it for two years, but my libido and energy level have not returned. Are these levels normal for a 28 year old male in good shape because I have no libido and I used to be extremely horny:

Total Testosterone - 531 ng/DL (reference range 250 -1100)

Free Testosterone - 60.8 pg/mL (reference range 35 -155)

% Free Testosterone - 1.14 L (reference range 1.5 - 2.2)

DHT - 42 ng/dL (reference range 25 -75)

DHEA SULFATE - 273 (reference range 110 -510 mcg/dL)
LH - 5.0 (reference range 1.5 - 9.3 mIU/mL)
PROLACTIN - 4.6 (reference range 2 - 18 ng/mL)
ESTRADIOL - 30 (reference range 13 - 54 pg/mL)
SHBG - 32 (reference range 7 - 49 nmol/L)

I was thinking I need to lower my SHBG and ESTRADIOL levels since my % Free Testosterone is off the charts low. Maybe I need more free testosterone. I really don't know much about this - if anyone experienced can check this out and make recommendations that would be amazing because doctors just don't know about hormones. If anyone knows of a good hormone/endocrinologist doctor in Los Angeles that would be great too.

Thanks !
Examining adrenals and thyroid would be the FIRST STEP step for you my freind by a competent dr. if you are in the east coast I be glad to assist you with that PM me for details.

I would try reservatrol 250-500 mgs 100% trans to help with e2
You may have estrogen metabolite problems 2/16 ratio out of balance can affect free levels as well..I would get rhiens or genova male profile done if you have a good ppo..

check out dr romeo Mariano in bay area best in the business tell him hardasnails1973 sent you.

baustine

Awards
Hey Matrix,

Thanks for the reply and feedback, do you know a Dr. in Los Angeles?

Couple questions:

1) For a healthy 28 year old male in good shape, where should my Total Testosterone, Free Testosterone, DHT, PROLACTIN, ESTRADIOL, and SHBG levels be at?

2) I've recently read a lot about nettle root and avena Sativa for loweing estriodal and SHBG, but I've also heard they lower DH, which isn't good. It might be worth it to lower my DHT a little though if it will free up testosterone. What are your thoughts on nettle root and avena Sativa?

Thanks!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Hey Matrix,

Thanks for the reply and feedback, do you know a Dr. in Los Angeles?

Couple questions:

1) For a healthy 28 year old male in good shape, where should my Total Testosterone, Free Testosterone, DHT, PROLACTIN, ESTRADIOL, and SHBG levels be at?

Every one is different 500-600 with good bio (shbg/e2) is the optimal goal
700-800 if you have higher shbg to compensate for lower bio T
Free T is a good indcator if Bio is not calculated I like to see things at top 1/3 of the range for healthy levels with e2 at 20-30
prolactin under 6-7
dht about mid range
shbg 20-25 if higher you need more T

2) I've recently read a lot about nettle root and avena Sativa for loweing estriodal and SHBG, but I've also heard they lower DH, which isn't good. It might be worth it to lower my DHT a little though if it will free up testosterone. What are your thoughts on nettle root and avena Sativa?

Give it a try
I would use reservatrol (250 mgs -500 mgs trans 100%) for antiestrogen and antiaging properties. If you have joint pains add in copper and niacinimide this should alleviate it. Add one thing in at time.

Take trip to see dr M

Thanks!
in bold face

baustine

Awards
Hey Matrix,

Thanks for the great feedback, I've been doing some research and just found this product called Sustain Alpha - it's from Primordial Performance - they also have a "Testosterone Recovery Stack" which include a couple of other things like toco-8.

Sustain Alpha has gotten a lot of good feedback in terms of libido, are you familiar with this product and do the results last when you're off it?

Thanks again for all of your feedback !