Inflammation? - AnabolicMinds.com

Inflammation?

  1. Advanced Member
    spinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    430

    Reputation

    Inflammation?


    Indications are I have inflammation, although the cause has yet to be determined. I have very high c reactive protein numbers (198.5; range 0-5) and a high white blood cell count (17 range 3.7-10.3).

    Inflammation seems tricky. What should I make sure my DR is looking for?

    Throughout this nightmare, I have always felt like I was fighting the flu.

  2. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2414

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by spinn View Post
    Indications are I have inflammation, although the cause has yet to be determined. I have very high c reactive protein numbers (198.5; range 0-5) and a high white blood cell count (17 range 3.7-10.3).

    Inflammation seems tricky. What should I make sure my DR is looking for?

    Throughout this nightmare, I have always felt like I was fighting the flu.
    http://www.lef.org/protocols/prtcl-146.shtml


    Inflammation: Chronic
    Updated: 07/22/2004

    .
  3. New Member
    DrMorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    84

    Reputation

    what are your other symptoms?
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7698

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by spinn View Post
    Indications are I have inflammation, although the cause has yet to be determined. I have very high c reactive protein numbers (198.5; range 0-5) and a high white blood cell count (17 range 3.7-10.3).

    Inflammation seems tricky. What should I make sure my DR is looking for?

    Throughout this nightmare, I have always felt like I was fighting the flu.
    I thought a patient I had of 54 was bad.
    How much diet soda have you drunk in the past as well as i be checking for diabetes and also heart issues. Crank in the fish oils buddy ASAP with a good vitamin E < 1200 ius a day for a bit. I be checking going to an immune specialist looking for pneumonia, lyme, epstein bar, and any kind of viral or bacterial infection. I be looking at you t cells, immuno panels alot deeper as well as potential celiac. I be focusing mainly on prediabetic state which insulin can cause hidden inflammation also check your PLA2 as well because that will be high. I would also look into getting spectracell test FIA 5000 to look for vitamin C issues as well as checking ceruloplasm and copper levels as these are both indicated infections. I be checking a VAP profile , also check Ha1c, and homocysteine levels, c peptide too.

    Ha1c should be under 4.5 some drs like it under 4
    diabetic glycination begins at 5 as well as gastroparsis. I beleive alot of people stomach issue are related to this slow gastric dumping and the dr's are too stupid enough to jump on it. Quest has the freaken test ranges set so damn high at 6.0 That is like having constant blood sugar of like 130-140 all the time which can cause diabetic neuropathy. I am having my clients get ha1c down to under 5.0 from now on to prevent all this unnecessary stuff.

    Vitamin C 5000 mgs a day of ester form 1,000 5 times a day will help lower it
    fish oils 2 tsp carlson with extra vitamin E
    also look into hypothyroid and adrenals issues.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  5. Advanced Member
    spinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    430

    Reputation

    Matrix is Ha1c white blood count?

    And you meant your patients c reactive protein was 54?

    I am completely done with sodas, diet or otherwise.
  6. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7698

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by spinn View Post
    Matrix is Ha1c white blood count?

    And you meant your patients c reactive protein was 54?

    I am completely done with sodas, diet or otherwise.
    The number one cause of inflammation is blood sugar glucose (insulin imbalances ) to sorbitol ratio or it could have been invalid test.

    Are you having any neurological issues?
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  7. New Member
    DrMorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    84

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    The number one cause of inflammation is blood sugar glucose (insulin imbalances )
    I would love for you to forward to me the research you use to make this claim. Sorry, but this is just not true. If you sprain your ankle the reason for its inflamming is glucose imbalance? I hope that was not what you meant.
  8. Advanced Member
    spinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    430

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    The number one cause of inflammation is blood sugar glucose (insulin imbalances ) to sorbitol ratio or it could have been invalid test.

    Are you having any neurological issues?
    yes I believe I am having neurological issues.......including numbness in several fingers on my left hand and occasional very short term lack of vision in right eye
  9. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7698

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by spinn View Post
    yes I believe I am having neurological issues.......including numbness in several fingers on my left hand and occasional very short term lack of vision in right eye
    These are potential signs common with people with pre-diabetic neuropathy..which can be related to adrenal fatigue or thyroid disorders

    Dr trust me when it comes to the human body I have been doing this stuff in my sleep for a long time. When some one results indicate these high levels it is more then a common ankle sprain that goes much deeper mainly systemic inflammation which majority of the time involves insulin disregulation some way some how.. Spin if I were you i would get an RBC fatty acid profile done from genova to check for your membrane. IF you need it provided I be glad to do help you with it.
    I would also get your homocystein levels and PLA2 check ..PLA2 will most likely be elevated indicating some form of inflammation.

    First I would have that test run again to rule out error

    IF this is not proof enough and wakes you and your DR up then I do not know what will
    http://care.diabetesjournals.org/con...8/10/2497.full
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  10. Advanced Member
    spinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    430

    Reputation

    also, forgot to mention, my temperature has been about 1.5-2 degrees above normal for going on ten days now, and I have soreness through ought my entire body, especially my lymph nodes

    I essentially feel like i have a low grade flu, but I dont.

    I usually feel this way, just not to this degree......I really feel lousy
  11. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7698

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by spinn View Post
    also, forgot to mention, my temperature has been about 1.5-2 degrees above normal for going on ten days now, and I have soreness through ought my entire body, especially my lymph nodes

    I essentially feel like i have a low grade flu, but I dont.

    I usually feel this way, just not to this degree......I really feel lousy
    Have you been checked for pneumonia, or mono, epstein barr, lyme and other viruses?,I would look at your t and b cells and run an immunoglobulin profile to see what is really going on with immune system.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  12. Advanced Member
    spinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    430

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Have you been checked for pneumonia, or mono, epstein barr, lyme and other viruses?,I would look at your t and b cells and run an immunoglobulin profile to see what is really going on with immune system.
    I have been tested for lyme, although I believe that test is unreliable. As for pneumonia, this has been going on for 20 years so I doubt that is it.

    Is there a specific test for epstein barr?.

    I will ask about the immunoglobin tests thanks.... what kind of DR would give those tests?
  13. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7698

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by spinn View Post
    I have been tested for lyme, although I believe that test is unreliable. As for pneumonia, this has been going on for 20 years so I doubt that is it.

    Is there a specific test for epstein barr?.

    I will ask about the immunoglobin tests thanks.... what kind of DR would give those tests?
    Immunologist or general practiioner can
    you need to look further into reason why..
    food allergies ruled out or potential PET scan
    Client I had severe depression which can cause inflammation to the brain
    i would also look into FIA 5,000 testing to rule out vitamin E and other defieincy
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  14. Advanced Member
    spinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    430

    Reputation

    thanks again............what treatment was given to the patient who "had" severe depression leading to inflammation of the brain?
  15. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7698

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by spinn View Post
    thanks again............what treatment was given to the patient who "had" severe depression leading to inflammation of the brain?
    look up vitamin E defieincy depression and brain inflammation ..you will get your answer. there was a study done in medical journal about increaesd inflammation in brain of depressed people due to increased oxidative strength
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Inflammation / omega-3's ?
    By HATE in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-01-2011, 06:12 PM
  2. Omega 3 Fish Oil and Inflammation
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-18-2009, 05:45 PM
  3. Stress and inflammation
    By zkt in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-30-2007, 05:49 PM
  4. Inflammation and getting sick
    By chainsaw in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-16-2007, 05:41 PM
  5. Anything for speeding up healing of inflammation?
    By xcendo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-05-2006, 06:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in