Food Allergies?

  1. Food Allergies?


    i tested positive for corn allergy, wheat, peanut, potato, peach, green pea,. I mean what can i eat. Wheat takes away bread, etc.....beer? I mean the symptoms i get are usually red bumps on skin, flushed face and feeling hot...reddish burning eyes? Not sure if this is food allergy reaction or just histamine reaction. Going to start antihistamine but i mean come on...how in the world am i to eat? Doctor gave me no real plan. I have no idea what i can and cant eat. Corn is in all sorts of things..including skin care prodcuts. Do any of you know what skin care product name corn is related to? Is it glycerin? or what? Any help would be appreicated?


  2. Quote Originally Posted by SHaneA655 View Post
    i tested positive for corn allergy, wheat, peanut, potato, peach, green pea,. I mean what can i eat. Wheat takes away bread, etc.....beer? I mean the symptoms i get are usually red bumps on skin, flushed face and feeling hot...reddish burning eyes? Not sure if this is food allergy reaction or just histamine reaction. Going to start antihistamine but i mean come on...how in the world am i to eat? Doctor gave me no real plan. I have no idea what i can and cant eat. Corn is in all sorts of things..including skin care prodcuts. Do any of you know what skin care product name corn is related to? Is it glycerin? or what? Any help would be appreicated?
    How ironic that I told you had these 6 months ago and even mentioned leaky gut if you only had listen to me when you should have..Bro you probably have celiac I can pretty much bank on it. What did I tell you if people would only learn how to listen...maybe next time they will.. you need to repair your gut wall which I have already mentioned on her a 1,000 times.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

  3. sometimes you write on here i can follow what you mean. What do i need to do then??
    •   
       


  4. i dont have celiac. NO symptoms what so ever of this. No diaharra nor fatigue or anything like that. I wasnt allergic to wheat like crazy. It was more so CORN. Not sure if allergist realyl knew much. But i assure you, i dont have reactions after eating most foods.

  5. Corn is a just a dirty grain to begin with so that's not too surprising. I try to stick with only rice and red potatoes for my complex carbs because they're gluten free and potatoes are also alkalinic.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  6. i was allergic to wheat and potatos?

  7. Quote Originally Posted by SHaneA655 View Post
    i was allergic to wheat and potatos?
    Rice and wheat are two different grains.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  8. yeah, i wasnt allergic to rice. What about whole grain rice? That same as wheat allergy?

  9. Quote Originally Posted by SHaneA655 View Post
    yeah, i wasnt allergic to rice. What about whole grain rice? That same as wheat allergy?
    Rice is a grain. Do not assume that whole-grain will contain gluten.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  10. anyways, i dont have stomach aches etc..like most. However, i get flushed and hot in face as well as some sort of rashes on body. It gets better with anti histamine. Any more adviceon what i might have and possible thigns to eat and watch for in particular?

  11. Quote Originally Posted by SHaneA655 View Post
    anyways, i dont have stomach aches etc..like most. However, i get flushed and hot in face as well as some sort of rashes on body. It gets better with anti histamine. Any more adviceon what i might have and possible thigns to eat and watch for in particular?
    Look into the paleo diet.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  12. since i am highly allergic to corn, i see where skincare products have glycerin or glycol in it which is made from corn? This could be why my eyes are red, and i have a burning sensation when there is no air flow. Has to be an allergic reaction to haircare products. It seems like when i put them on, it gets this way. SKin gets worse when i workout, etc...sweat. Now that i am starting to put different skin care prodcuts, i am getting better results with skin? Could this be possible. What else is corn in as far as skin care products?

  13. Are you Allergic, or Sensitive? Was the test done on your blood or your skin?

  14. skin only....

  15. I would look at a blood test form. It will test for foods as well as preservatives, food coloring, environmental agents, etc.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by DrMorris View Post
    I would look at a blood test form. It will test for foods as well as preservatives, food coloring, environmental agents, etc.
    Check IGGE serum for all potential allergens for cause of histamine response.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

  17. soo. blood test is best? What skin care ingredients is corn in? As far as another name?> Like glycerine? any alchohols? etc...i think this is what causing my skin to do what it does. Might be an allergic reaction to something. The skin testing of food allergies never itched or anything like that. Just different sizes. Doesnt seem that accurate at all. Who can do a blood food allergy test?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. AAS inducing food allergies?
    By lifted in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-04-2007, 08:24 PM
  2. Allergies while 'ON'
    By tek in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-14-2007, 05:46 PM
  3. GH and allergies?
    By Grunt76 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2006, 01:17 PM
  4. DNP allergies
    By GYM1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-31-2005, 12:52 PM
Log in
Log in