26 - need help - AnabolicMinds.com

26 - need help

  1. New Member
    kainvictus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    67

    Reputation

    26 - need help


    Hey everyone. I am new to this forum and it looks like a really good site so I thought I would post up my problems/story and see if anyone might be able to offer me some advice.


    My history:

    I use to take steroids back in college and think that I might have permanently messed up my hormones. I tried my first cycle back in 2003, a small 100mg a week test cycle. I took 2 years off before taking another cycle in 2005 which got me hooked on cycling for the next 2 years with 2-4 month breaks in between cycles, naturally upping dosages and stacks. By 2006 I decided to stop. I was taking tren at the time, and unlike previous post cycles, this one hit me hard. I feel like I havent been the same since then. I got really bad anxiety for the first year, which I combated with taking small test cycles. This def helped but I knew was just a temp fix.

    In early 2007 I came off completely. It was not as bad as in the past but it was still no fun. I suffered a lack of sex drive, low motivation and all the lovely side effects of low testosterone. Around this time I was graduating college so some stress could be attributed to school and life after college.
    I stopped working out at this point, but mostly because of finals. I also stopped eating healthy and pretty much let myself go.


    Summer 2007 I moved away from school and pretty much started work immediately. It was pretty stressful and I work/worked tons of hours so at this point I still wasn't eating healthy or working out.


    I didn't start working out again until spring 2008. Slowly getting back into gym and integrating it back into my daily routine. I was still suffering anxiety, low energy levels, and low sex drive so in august 2008 I decided to get my test levels tested. I didn't do a lot of research so I went with a GP who didnt get a full panel test. My results though were:

    test 545.7 ng/dl range 170-850
    free test 20.90 pg/ml range 18-41

    My doctor wasn't helpful at all and said I was fine. I thought the free test levels were really low. I didn't have insurance at the time so I didn't pursue the problem any further.

    I am at the point now though where I am working out regularly, and am biking about 20 miles a week. I feel in pretty good shape, but I still have a low sex drive and find myself to be fairly lethargic and tired. My energy in the gym seems fine, although I really have to force myself to go.

    I have insurance now so I am thinking of going to an endo and getting my blood levels tested. I was considering getting the life extensions test first before I visit an endo though. I also am not sure if I should disclose steroid use to a doctor. I know it has contributed a lot, but I don't really want to risk not getting covered or having it show on my permanent record.

    I was hoping to get some advice on how I should pursue this or if anyone has been in a similar situation.

    also I would love to hear of any recommended doctors in Los Angeles, preferably west LA - so I dont waste time with uninformed doctors.

    Thanks

  2. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2415

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kainvictus View Post
    Hey everyone. I am new to this forum and it looks like a really good site so I thought I would post up my problems/story and see if anyone might be able to offer me some advice.


    My history:

    I use to take steroids back in college and think that I might have permanently messed up my hormones. I tried my first cycle back in 2003, a small 100mg a week test cycle. I took 2 years off before taking another cycle in 2005 which got me hooked on cycling for the next 2 years with 2-4 month breaks in between cycles, naturally upping dosages and stacks. By 2006 I decided to stop. I was taking tren at the time, and unlike previous post cycles, this one hit me hard. I feel like I havent been the same since then. I got really bad anxiety for the first year, which I combated with taking small test cycles. This def helped but I knew was just a temp fix.

    In early 2007 I came off completely. It was not as bad as in the past but it was still no fun. I suffered a lack of sex drive, low motivation and all the lovely side effects of low testosterone. Around this time I was graduating college so some stress could be attributed to school and life after college.
    I stopped working out at this point, but mostly because of finals. I also stopped eating healthy and pretty much let myself go.


    Summer 2007 I moved away from school and pretty much started work immediately. It was pretty stressful and I work/worked tons of hours so at this point I still wasn't eating healthy or working out.


    I didn't start working out again until spring 2008. Slowly getting back into gym and integrating it back into my daily routine. I was still suffering anxiety, low energy levels, and low sex drive so in august 2008 I decided to get my test levels tested. I didn't do a lot of research so I went with a GP who didnt get a full panel test. My results though were:

    test 545.7 ng/dl range 170-850
    free test 20.90 pg/ml range 18-41

    My doctor wasn't helpful at all and said I was fine. I thought the free test levels were really low. I didn't have insurance at the time so I didn't pursue the problem any further.

    I am at the point now though where I am working out regularly, and am biking about 20 miles a week. I feel in pretty good shape, but I still have a low sex drive and find myself to be fairly lethargic and tired. My energy in the gym seems fine, although I really have to force myself to go.

    I have insurance now so I am thinking of going to an endo and getting my blood levels tested. I was considering getting the life extensions test first before I visit an endo though. I also am not sure if I should disclose steroid use to a doctor. I know it has contributed a lot, but I don't really want to risk not getting covered or having it show on my permanent record.

    I was hoping to get some advice on how I should pursue this or if anyone has been in a similar situation.

    also I would love to hear of any recommended doctors in Los Angeles, preferably west LA - so I dont waste time with uninformed doctors.

    Thanks
    On post #44 between blue lines is my long list of blood tests.
    That list is ment for blood draw at Quest Diagnostics.
    Print that list, have your doctor signed it into a script.
    That is a best head start that you can have to figure out your problems.

    Jan's BloodTest April13/2007
    ============================== =======

    With TotalT=545.7 ng/dl
    you have a decent head start.
    Newer again do FreeT test.
    They are notoriously inaccurate.
    Do TotalT & SHBG
    and use chart to figure out your FreeT.
    Unless you can have testosterone test (the one and only that is included in my list).
    ============================== ==========

    Off hand, speaking only about testosterone related problems...
    You may have high E2
    reducing it to proper level may improve your situation

    You may have good testis but not strong enough signal,
    using HCG injections may improve testicular production.
    If that is the case, stay on HCG for at least 6-9 months.
    Latter you may want to stop HCG, if your keep having higher level of TT, call your self restarted, if not, go back on HCG forever.

    In any case do not use Nolva or Clomid.
    ============================== =============

    Instead of experimentig, get that list, you may have other problems.
    .
    .
    .
  3. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7698

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    On post #44 between blue lines is my long list of blood tests.
    That list is ment for blood draw at Quest Diagnostics.
    Print that list, have your doctor signed it into a script.
    That is a best head start that you can have to figure out your problems.

    Jan's BloodTest April13/2007
    ============================== =======

    With TotalT=545.7 ng/dl
    you have a decent head start.
    Newer again do FreeT test.
    They are notoriously inaccurate.
    Do TotalT & SHBG
    and use chart to figure out your FreeT.
    Unless you can have testosterone test (the one and only that is included in my list).
    ============================== ==========

    Off hand, speaking only about testosterone related problems...
    You may have high E2
    reducing it to proper level may improve your situation

    You may have good testis but not strong enough signal,
    using HCG injections may improve testicular production.
    If that is the case, stay on HCG for at least 6-9 months.
    Latter you may want to stop HCG, if your keep having higher level of TT, call your self restarted, if not, go back on HCG forever.

    In any case do not use Nolva or Clomid.
    ============================== =============

    Instead of experimentig, get that list, you may have other problems.
    .
    .
    .
    If you are in cali then look for dr mariano..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
    •   
       

  4. PES Rep
    Delta Force's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,791
    Rep Power
    237106

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    If you are in cali then look for dr mariano..
    maybe you can be more specific, California is a big state and I thought it only has one dr mariano!
    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    If you are not on the PES Insider list you are not cool. Uncool people don't deserve free Alphamine.
    PES product educator, PM me with any questions!
  5. New Member
    kainvictus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    67

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    On post #44 between blue lines is my long list of blood tests.
    That list is ment for blood draw at Quest Diagnostics.
    Print that list, have your doctor signed it into a script.
    That is a best head start that you can have to figure out your problems.


    ============================== =======

    With TotalT=545.7 ng/dl
    you have a decent head start.
    Newer again do FreeT test.
    They are notoriously inaccurate.
    Do TotalT & SHBG
    and use chart to figure out your FreeT.
    Unless you can have testosterone test (the one and only that is included in my list).
    ============================== ==========

    Off hand, speaking only about testosterone related problems...
    You may have high E2
    reducing it to proper level may improve your situation

    You may have good testis but not strong enough signal,
    using HCG injections may improve testicular production.
    If that is the case, stay on HCG for at least 6-9 months.
    Latter you may want to stop HCG, if your keep having higher level of TT, call your self restarted, if not, go back on HCG forever.

    In any case do not use Nolva or Clomid.
    ============================== =============

    Instead of experimentig, get that list, you may have other problems.
    .
    .
    .

    Hey, thanks for the response. I will def be printing out that list and try to work something out with the insurance to get it covered through Quest Diagnostics.

    If you are in cali then look for dr mariano..
    I looked up the guy, is he the one that is in monterey? if so that is a plane ride away :/ - flights to San Fran are cheap, but ideally someone local would be better. There has got to be a good doctor in LA I would imagine. I could prolly do San Diego too if desperate.

    Anyone have any advice on disclosing the steroid use?
  6. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7698

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kainvictus View Post
    Hey, thanks for the response. I will def be printing out that list and try to work something out with the insurance to get it covered through Quest Diagnostics.



    I looked up the guy, is he the one that is in monterey? if so that is a plane ride away :/ - flights to San Fran are cheap, but ideally someone local would be better. There has got to be a good doctor in LA I would imagine. I could prolly do San Diego too if desperate.

    Anyone have any advice on disclosing the steroid use?
    just be honest with him...
    Dr romeo
    He is your best best in that area.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  7. Advanced Member
    wildman536's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    902
    Rep Power
    597

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    On post #44 between blue lines is my long list of blood tests.
    That list is ment for blood draw at Quest Diagnostics.
    Print that list, have your doctor signed it into a script.
    That is a best head start that you can have to figure out your problems.

    Jan's BloodTest April13/2007
    ============================== =======

    With TotalT=545.7 ng/dl
    you have a decent head start.
    Newer again do FreeT test.
    They are notoriously inaccurate.
    Do TotalT & SHBG
    and use chart to figure out your FreeT.
    Unless you can have testosterone test (the one and only that is included in my list).
    ============================== ==========

    Off hand, speaking only about testosterone related problems...
    You may have high E2
    reducing it to proper level may improve your situation

    You may have good testis but not strong enough signal,
    using HCG injections may improve testicular production.
    If that is the case, stay on HCG for at least 6-9 months.
    Latter you may want to stop HCG, if your keep having higher level of TT, call your self restarted, if not, go back on HCG forever.

    In any case do not use Nolva or Clomid.
    ============================== =============

    Instead of experimentig, get that list, you may have other problems.
    .
    .
    .
    did you say no clomid/nolva because his test levels were still high?
  8. DT5
    New Member
    DT5's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    292
    Rep Power
    218

    Reputation

    545 isnt that bad right guys? I was 350 dude. Im on test now.
  9. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2415

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by wildman536 View Post
    did you say no clomid/nolva because his test levels were still high?
    No, newer use clomid/nolva regardless of reason.

    You can achieve all and more using HCG and not get screwed in mean time.
    ============================== ============================== ==

    If you need to read something, go here:



    Clomid & Nolvadex - The Dark Side
    Side effects and consequences

    HCG - Unraveled

    ///////
    .
    .
  10. Advanced Member
    wildman536's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    902
    Rep Power
    597

    Reputation

    my dr put me on clomid for low to no test levels this month. 50 mgs for three months.
  11. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2415

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by wildman536 View Post
    my dr put me on clomid for low to no test levels this month. 50 mgs for three months.
    Most docs have no clue, yours belong to that majority.

    ,
  12. New Member
    kainvictus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    67

    Reputation

    yeah my test level wasnt too bad, but I am only 26 so it is still on the lower side.
  13. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7698

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by wildman536 View Post
    my dr put me on clomid for low to no test levels this month. 50 mgs for three months.
    50mgs si way too much daily use..You are going to be one crying biatch and also you are probably going to notice some blurry vision as well with that dosage. 50 mgs every 3 days is sufficent every day is over kill and can risk of eye damage.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  14. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7698

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kainvictus View Post
    yeah my test level wasnt too bad, but I am only 26 so it is still on the lower side.
    So why not look at supplying it with building blocks it needs to remade its own testosterone? working on lifestyles, stressmanage ments, proper nutritional balance. I have guys test from 250 to almost 600 in less then 8 weeks natural. They had blown adrenals and unresolved stress issues that needed addressing now they are fine. You have to find WHY you are low and go after that then looking for bandaids. If you look for bandaids you will never heal. You may get better but never well.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  15. Advanced Member
    wildman536's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    902
    Rep Power
    597

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    50mgs si way too much daily use..You are going to be one crying biatch and also you are probably going to notice some blurry vision as well with that dosage. 50 mgs every 3 days is sufficent every day is over kill and can risk of eye damage.
    so basically run it three on one off? for how long?
  16. DT5
    New Member
    DT5's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    292
    Rep Power
    218

    Reputation

    check ur PMs wildman. 20mg is all you need, and not for 3 months either.
  17. Advanced Member
    wildman536's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    902
    Rep Power
    597

    Reputation

    i may have to cut the pills up then and go with 25???

    Thanks for the PM
  

  
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in