Resveratrol

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
How many people use this supplement?

If so what benefits have you noted?

Im interested in using it to see if it will help in my general well-being but i'm not sure how it will influence my hashimoto's (auto-immune thyroid disease) positively or negatively.

Feedback is appreciated.

This is what i have found...

Some of the positive effects you may feel from supplementing with resveratrol include:

Resveratrol is all-natural, so there’s no chemical or medical hangover.
Live a longer and healthier life.
Feel younger and stronger from antioxidants.
Treating and prevention of obesity.
Increased fat loss.
Increased ability to gain lean muscle mass.
Increased metabolism.
Helps treat and prevent diabetes through increased insulin sensitivity and lower blood glucose.
Helps prevent cellular damage caused by free radicals.
Helps prevent retinopathy, which causes blindness and kidney failure.
Helps prevent kidney disease.
Helps prevent heart disease, heart attacks, and stroke.
Helps prevent and control inflammation.
Helps prevent the development and spread of cancer cells.
Reduces the risk of developing blood clots.
Supports the immune and autoimmune systems in fighting off disease.
Alleviates pain and discomfort due to arthritis.
Helps prevent the onset of Alzheimer’s.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
How many people use this supplement?

If so what benefits have you noted?

Im interested in using it to see if it will help in my general well-being but i'm not sure how it will influence my hashimoto's (auto-immune thyroid disease) positively or negatively.

Feedback is appreciated.

This is what i have found...

Some of the positive effects you may feel from supplementing with resveratrol include:

Resveratrol is all-natural, so there’s no chemical or medical hangover.
Live a longer and healthier life.
Feel younger and stronger from antioxidants.
Treating and prevention of obesity.
Increased fat loss.
Increased ability to gain lean muscle mass.
Increased metabolism.
Helps treat and prevent diabetes through increased insulin sensitivity and lower blood glucose.
Helps prevent cellular damage caused by free radicals.
Helps prevent retinopathy, which causes blindness and kidney failure.
Helps prevent kidney disease.
Helps prevent heart disease, heart attacks, and stroke.
Helps prevent and control inflammation.
Helps prevent the development and spread of cancer cells.
Reduces the risk of developing blood clots.
Supports the immune and autoimmune systems in fighting off disease.
Alleviates pain and discomfort due to arthritis.
Helps prevent the onset of Alzheimer’s.
Helps with alot of things I recommend people 250-500 mgs 100% trans as a good antiaging supplement. This is on that will be stable in my supplement regime ..

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Ive used it in the TD form (Sustain) for months and recently added it in oral form, 250 mgs. 99% pure, micronized, emulsified with Tween 80, in a Licap for 3 months. I do take some days off from both. I have lost weight, I do feel more energy and stamina, it does seem to help with muscle tone. There are minor sides that dissipate over time. The problem is that its expensive, hence the periodic "off" days. Some people are sensitive to it, its best to buy the purest, micronized version. The 2 products Ive mentioned are currently "State of the Art" Use the best, forget the rest. JMO As always, consult your physician first, regarding the Hashimoto and RSV use, go to ImmInst.com and their Resveratrol forum, I think there is some data there regarding Hashimoto and RSV use.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
I've been using it in several forms for quite some time aswell. It does seem to help with endurance. The small energy boost when taking it is only noticable the first few applications. But I do have the feeling it does add to overall energy levels during the day. but that might be placebo. I suspect the colour of my retinas is brighter as a result of resveratrol supplementation. I'm currently taking 99% bulkpowder. I've capped it in "0" size caps, comes out to 300 mg a cap, taking 2 a day currently but I should be taking ~450mg (5 mg / kg BW) seems to be the general consensus. I do take it with Shilajit and it does seem to be more effective that way. The problem is how do you know it's actually activating Sirt1? Thats what I'm taking it for. I'm doing partial fasts en some caloric restriction aswell, thats sure to be activating Sirt1. Resveratrol should emulate Fasting or CR, but again, how do you know ;)

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I think that activating Sirt1 is a noble endeavor, but is only a part of what Resveratrol does or can do on a wide spectrum. It does do something positive, that is not placebo, in my case anyway, my advanced age may have something to do with that. To answer your question: We dont know, it could very well be placebo. I think modest (250-500 mgs dly) dosing on a regular basis for those who can tolerate it and are in relatively good health with no medication contradictions or medications they can dispense with can very well benefit from its ingestion.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
I've been doing some reading on resveratrol lately. To get the plasma levels of resveratrol needed for anti-tumor/cancer benefits you would need to take 5 grams orally. However reveratrol metabolites (what its turned into in the liver) have plasma concentrations up to 23 times higher then resveratrol itself. The most interesting question for me remains to be what these metabolites are doing for us and if in fact as some claim these are inverted back to pure resveratrol in target tissues, if only somebody would do research on that..

Apart from that I've ordered some quercetin/curcumin/bioperine and am gonna see if I can notice a difference combining resveratrol with those. Especially the Quercetin should make a noticable difference..

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Some random things I found interesting:

resveratrol inhibited the quantity of cortisol secreted at times ranging from 6 to 48 h by 46% to 77% while diminishing cell viability
There is some indication that vit D3 enhances effects of resveratrol
(1) Mice that were put on CR (60%) during their midlife didn't extend their maximum life span, compared to the controls
(2) Mice that were put on IF during their midlife didn't extend maximum life span, compared to the controls
(3) Mice on resveratrol did not extend the maximum lifespan, compared to the controls
(4) Mice that were put on IF AND given RESVERATROL did extend the maximum lifespan by 15%.

On average, mice in all of the above cases lived longer than the controls by about 20-30% due to decrease in heart-related diseases.
quercetin taken simultaneously with b vitamins would boost the number of mitrochondria
All in vivo effects of resveratrol show it activating Nampt and Sirt1, PGC-1alpha, and thus being a calorie restriction mimic that leads to mitochondrial biogenesis, upregulation of the vitamin D3 receptor, increased bone density and strength, remarkable increased artery health, and a lot more like doubled endurance and increased muscle strength/control/coordination at even higher doses. Resveratrol is an anti-cancer agent, and has potent activity against a variety of cancers in vitro (especially colon and breast cancers).
The thing with resveratrol, and which I'd really wish would be studied, is that some proportion of the glucuronidated form is actually countable as aglycone resveratrol. That is, even though the serum levels of aglycone resveratrol are low and seem to imply bioavailability is also low, using radioactive resveratrol in rats has shown this to not be the case. The glucuronidated resveratrol is deglycosylated upon cellular uptake, so that in the living cell, resveratrol is in its natural form preferentially, and is retained as such. That is what ultimately determines bioavailability - how much resveratrol is aglycone in the living cell, not serum.
Now, we don't know if this happens in humans, or especially to what extent, but considering all we've seen, it's highly likely (or it could be only a very low amount of resveratrol is necessary to kickstart Nampt and get the whole system going, or both). That being the case, the actual bioavailability of resveratrol is [aglycon]*([glucuronidated]*percentage of conversion).
This may or may not apply to the sulfonated form, but again, aglycone resveratrol is the type retained in rat tissues over both the sulfonated and glucuonidated forms - though apparently in rats glucuronidation is predominant while in humans it appears to be sulfation.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Thats an interesting observation and quite plausible in my subjective observations. Regardnig Quercitin and Bioperine, Curcumin, please report back if you feel it has enhancement properties. My self; the 2 types of Resveratrol Im using have pretty much replaced other supplements I have taken on a dly basis. Ocassional use of RLA/NAC, a customized multi, RLA/Tocotrienols seem to be prudent and productive adjuncts.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
also interesting:

Synergy between ethanol and grape polyphenols, quercetin, and resveratrol, in the inhibition of the inducible nitric oxide synthase pathway.

Chan MM, Mattiacci JA, Hwang HS, Shah A, Fong D.

Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA. [email protected]

In atherosclerosis and tumor initiation, inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) has been implicated in the damage of vascular walls and DNA, respectively. Moderate consumption of red wine has been ascribed as a preventive for coronary heart disease; however, there has been much debate over whether the beneficial effect is from grape polyphenolic components or ethanol. We studied the interaction of grape compounds on nitric oxide (NO) production by macrophages, mediators of blood vessel damage in atherosclerosis. For the murine macrophage cell line RAW 264.7, stimulation with lipopolysaccharide and interferon-gamma led to expression of the iNOS gene and production of NO. The polyphenols quercetin and resveratrol at a micromolar range suppressed iNOS gene expression and NO production, as determined by reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction and nitrite assay. The polyphenols were also found to be scavengers of NO in an acellular system using sodium nitroprusside under physiological conditions. Ethanol, at a moderate level, did not produce any appreciable level of reduction of iNOS or NO activity. However, its presence at 0.1 to 0.75% enhanced the effect of grape polyphenols concentration-dependently. Thus, the interaction between these components plays a significant role in the health effects of red wine, especially with respect to their effect on the NO pathway.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Another on bioavailability.

Thomas Walle and colleagues at the University of South Carolina confirm that a minimum of 70 percent of oral resveratrol, as a small molecule, is absorbed in the human digestive tract, but thereafter most resveratrol in blood plasma is conjugated with (complexed with) sulfur and glucuronic acid as it passes through the liver. [Drug Metabolism Disposition 32:1377–82, 2004] Other studies also indicate that gastric absorption of resveratrol in-vivo may be high but there is limited bioavailability due to efficient sulfate conjugation. [J Pharmacy Pharmacology 55:307–12, 2003] Researchers in Britain also maintain that oral resveratrol is not bio-available and that an aerosol delivery system would be required to treat lung diseases. Am J Physiology Lung Cell Molecular Physiology 287:L774-83, 2004 … Moreover, three studies indicate the inclusion of quercetin with resveratrol inhibits sulfation in the liver and improves bioavailability. [Xenobiotica 30: 609–17, 2000; 30: 857–66, 2000; 30:1047–54, 2000] Additionally, lecithin has been found to enhance the oral absorption of polyphenols like quercetin and resveratrol. [J Agriculture Food Chemistry 13; 50:1706–12, 2002]”

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
even more :
On MOA:
Ethanol may facilitate cellular uptake of the polyphenols. It has been suggested that ethanol inhibits the binding of tannins, another polyphenolic component of red wine, to protein and therefore increases tannin bioavailability [43]. Moreover, these wine components may produce independent effects on different regulatory pathways that in combination result in a higher efficacy. For example, ethanol and quercetin, both scavengers of free radicals, may reduce iNOS mRNA expression by preventing oxidative stress-induced action on the transcription factor NFkB.

On Results:
This study was done in vitro, cell cultures (mouse macrophages) were put in a solution with varying concentrations of ethanol, the max ETOH was 1% and min was .1%. The effectiveness of Resveratrol at NO scavenging was tripled when in the presence of 1% ETOH. Obviously having a Blood Alcohol Content of 1% would have adverse health effects (I'm not sure if BAC of ETOH is effected by the same metabolic efficiency scaling as in humans though), but this does suggest that possibly higher ETOH consumption could be beneficial in humans if some of the negative health effects could be mitigated (especially in the liver).

Approximately every 25uM increase of Resveratrol concentration cut the remaining NO in half (doubling scavenging effectiveness).

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Also very interesting:
US Patent 6515020 - Combination of carnitines and resveratrol for prevention or treatment of cerebral and ageing disorders

Description

The present invention relates to a new use of a combination composition of L-carnitine or an alkanoyl L-carnitine and a trihydroxy or tetrahydroxystilbene for the preventive or therapeutic treatment of cerebral disorders brought about by ageing and use of neurotoxic drugs.

Accordingly, the composition may take the form and exert the action of a dietary supplement or of an actual medicine, depending upon the support or preventive action, or the strictly therapeutic action, which the composition is intended to exert in relation to the particular individuals it is to be used in.

The use of the combination of (A) L-carnitine or alkanoyl L-carnitine in which the straight or branched-chain alkanoyl group contains 2-8 carbon atoms, or a pharmacologically acceptable salt thereof and (B) a trihydroxy or tetrahydroxystilbene, typically resveratrol, in the prevention and therapeutic treatment of a number of different pathologies is already known. U.S. Pat. No. 5,747,536, in fact, describes the use of the aforesaid combination for the prevention and treatment of diabetic neuropathy and atheroslerotic lesions and for the inhibition of platelet aggregation.

The use according to the present invention is in no way related to or deducible from such already known use.

In its broader aspect, the present invention relates to the coordinated use of L-carnitine or alkanoyl L-carnitine or their pharmacologically acceptable salts and of a trihydroxy or tetrahydroxystilbene for the prevention or treatment of the above-mentioned pathologies, where what is meant by the "coordinated use" of these active ingredients is indifferently either their co-administration, i.e. the practically simultaneous administration of L-carnitine or alkanoyl L-carnitine or their pharmacologically acceptable salts and trihydroxy- or tetrahydroxystilbene, or the administration of a composition containing a mixture of said active ingredients.

Here below, for the sake of brevity and simplicity of presentation, reference will be made only to L-carnitine, it being understood that the description also applies to the above-mentioned alkanoyl L-carnitines and their pharmacologically acceptable salts. Equally, here below, reference will be made only to resveratrol (trans-3,4',5-trihydroxy-stilbene), it being understood, however, that the description applies not only to cis-resveratrol and to the respective trans- and cis-glycosides, but also to the trihydroxy- and tetrahydroxystilbenes in general.

Resveratrol is to be found in grapes and in particular in grape skins, seeds, stalks and vine leaves, particularly of Vitis vinifera, Vitis rotundifolia and Vitis labrusca and, obviously, in the wines obtained from their grapes and in the extracts and powders of the above-mentioned natural products. Resveratrol is also present in the roots of a number of species of the Polygonum genus (Polygonaceae family), such as Polygonum cuspidatum and Polygonum multiflorum.

For the purposes of the present invention, what is meant by "resveratrol" is both trans-3,4'-5-trihydroxystilbene (i.e. resveratrol proper) and the cis isomer, the respective glycosides and extracts and powders containing resveratrol obtained from any suitable plant species.

The natural polyphenols present in grapes and wine have recently claimed the attention of numerous groups of researchers following epidemiological studies which have demonstrated that populations which consume moderate amounts of wine in their habitual diet present a much lower percentage of cardiovascular accidents than do populations whose dietary habits do not include the consumption of wine. Among the various polyphenols studied, resveratrol has proved to be the most interesting in that it is capable of exerting a significant action against platelet aggregation as well as a significant anti-inflammatory and vasoprotective action.

Another aspect of resveratrol and the polyphenols present in wine is that related to the significant reduction in the incidence of pre-senile and senile dementia which moderate consumption of wine is capable of inducing, particularly in the elderly population. A recent epidemiological study conducted in a large population has confirmed what a similar previous study had already indicated with regard to the mortality due to cerebral stroke, which is lower in moderate wine drinkers than in non-drinking subjects.

As regards the already known therapeutic uses of L-carnitine, this substance is used for example in the cardiovascular field for the treatment of acute and chronic myocardial ischaemia, angina pectoris, heart failure and cardiac arrhythmias and for peripheral vasculo-pathies. In the nephrological field, L-carnitine is administered to chronic uraemic patients undergoing regular haemodialytic treatment to combat muscular asthenia and the onset of muscle cramps. Other therapeutic uses relate to the normalisation of the HDL/LDL+VLDL ratio and total parenteral nutrition. The use of L-carnitine is also known in the treatment of certain myopathies and muscular dystrophies.

It has now been found surprisingly that a composition containing a combination of the following as its characterising components:

(A) L-carnitine or an alkanoyl L-carnitine wherein the alkanoyl is a straight or branched-chain alkanoyl group containing 2-8 carbon atoms, or a pharmacologically acceptable salt thereof; and

(B) a trihydroxy or tetrahydroxystilbene is extremely effective in the prevention and/or therapeutic treatment of cerebral disorders caused by ageing or by the use of neurotoxic drugs, as a result of the potent synergistic effect exerted by its components.

Therefore, the present invention relates to the use of (A) L-carnitine or an alkanoyl L-carnitine wherein the alkanoyl is a straight or branched-chain group containinig 2-8 carbon atoms, or a pharmacologically acceptable salt thereof, and (B) a trihydroxy or tetrahydroxystilbene to prepare a pharmaceutical product in which (A) and (B) are admixed together or separately packaged for the prevention and treatment of disease forms related to neuronal or cerebral disorders. That the active ingredients (A) and (B) can be admixed together or separately packaged is consistent with what has been said above with regard to the "co-ordinated use" of said ingredients.

Preferably, the alkanoyl group contains 2-6 carbon atoms and, even more preferably, is selected from the group consisting of acetyl, propionyl, butyryl, valeryl and isovaleryl L-carnitine.

Component (B) is preferably 3,4',5-trihydroxystilbene (resveratrol) or 3,4',5-trihydroxy-3-β-mono-D-glucoside or one of their pharmacologically acceptable salts. The resveratrol can be the synthetically prepared form or can be the form extracted from Vitis vinifera, Vitis rotundifolia, Vitis labrusca or from the roots of Polygonum cuspidatum or Polygonum multiflorum.

Component (B) can also consist in extracts or powders of natural products containing resveratrol, such as extracts or powders of grape skins, seeds or stalks of Vitis vinifera, Vitis rotundifolia, Vitis labrusca or from the roots of Polygonum cuspidatum or Polygonum multiflorum.

The (B):(A) weight-to-weight ratio ranges from 1:1 to 1;1,000, and preferably from 1:1 to 1:500.

The cerebral disorders caused by ageing prophylactically and therapeutically treated according to the present invention include particularly cerebral stroke, pre-senile and senile dementia and Alzheimer's disease.

An example of a neurotoxic drug against the effects of which the "co-ordinated" use according to the invention proves potently effective is cisplatin.

The unexpected synergism exerted by components (A) and (B) at cerebral nerve level is demonstrated by the results obtained with experimental models well recognised as being indicative of a protective action at central nervous system level and as being predictive of the effective use of the combination to combat cerebral nerve abnormalities in human subjects.

Toxicology

Tests conducted both in mice and in rats, administering combinations of high doses both of L-carnitine and its alkanoyl derivatives and of resveratrol or grape extracts containing polyphenols with a resveratrol content of approximately 0.1% have demonstrated the low toxicity and good tolerability of the composition according to the invention. The oral administration, in rats, of up to 1 g/kg of L-carnitine or its alkanoyl derivatives together with high doses of resveratrol (up to and above 0.5 mg/kg) or with grape extracts (up to and above 1 g/kg) revealed no toxic reactions worthy of note. Similarly well tolerated appeared to be the prolonged administration with the diet every day for three consecutive months of combinations either of L-carnitine or its alkanoyl derivatives plus resveratrol or grape extracts containing resveratrol at doses equal to a quarter of the doses used in the previously mentioned forms. At the end of this treatment, no abnormalities of the various biological parameters considered (weight gain, haematocrit, serum glucose, BUN, etc.) or of the histological findings in the main organs examined (liver, heart, lungs, kidneys, adrenal glands, gonads) were detected. We also report here below a number of tests whose findings provide evidence of the substantial synergism exerted by the new composition containing carnitine or its alkanoyl derivatives and resveratrol or its derivatives at the cerebral nervous system level.

Tests on the effect of carnitines and resveratrol alone or in combination on behavioural reaction abnormalities

One of the effects of a vasoactive peptide and neuromodulator such as endothelin is the influence it exerts on animal behaviour in reducing the animals' motility and vestibular reactions.

In these tests, we were able to observe that the typical action of endothelin (ET-1) injected intracerebrally in mice at the dose of 1 pmol/mouse, which is to substantially reduce the animals' spontaneous motility, can be inhibited to a very significant extent by prior administration of carnitines and resveratrol, and, particularly, that the combination of these two types of substances is capable of acting synergistically, restoring the motility reduced by endothelin administration almost to normal values.

The values were observed, keeping 10 mice at a time placed in a container with a photocell and an automatic movement counter; the count was done by observing the mice for periods of 5 minutes 15 minutes after the endothelin (ET-1) injection.

The motility reduction percentages observed were 85.5% for endothelin alone and 69.6-65.5% and 60.3% for L-carnitine, acetyl L-carnitine and propionyl L-carnitine, respectively, which were administered intra-peritoneally to the animals at the dose of 300 mg/kg for the three days preceding the experiment and half an hour before the ET-1 injection.

Resveratrol alone (2.5 mg/kg) led to a 60.4% reduction and approximately the same reduction was achieved with a grape extract containing polyphenols and titred in resveratrol. However, the combination of resveratrol and carnitine restored the motility of the endothelin-treated animals almost to normal values. In the case of the combined administration of resveratrol and propionyl L-carnitine, the number of movements of the animals was practically identical to that of control animals, thus demonstrating an unexpected synergistic potentiation of the effects.

Significant synergistic activity was also detectable with the use of resveratrol or natural polyphenolic products containing resveratrol in combination with acetyl L-carnitine or, though to a lesser extent, with L-carnitine.

Tests of survival of pheochromocytoma cells (PC-12) exposed to H2 O2 and treated with L-carnitine or resveratrol or with the two products in combination

A culture of pheochromocytoma cells (PC-12) containing 3×105 N-cells/ml was exposed to 0.1 mM concentrations of H2 O2 for 30 minutes. While the survival of the cells treated with H2 O2 alone was approximately 45% after 24 hours, the survival of the cells treated with L-carnitine or with resveratrol was substantially greater, with survival rates of 55, 60 and 62%, respectively, for cells treated with L-carnitine, acetyl L-carnitine and propionyl L-carnitine at concentrations of 10-8 M, and a survival rate of 69% for cells treated with resveratrol at the concentration of 10-4 M.

The survival rate was 88% with the combination of acetyl L-carnitine and resveratrol at the concentrations used previously, thus demonstrating a synergistic effect of the substances considered.

Moreover, with this combination, unlike the other cases, no signs of cell degeneration were detectable.

Tests on the protective effect of carnitines, resveratrol and combinations of these on sensory neuronal lesions induced by cisplatin

In these tests, cisplatin was used as a neuronal toxic factor, capable, particularly, of producing lesions in the sensory neurones and thus of impairing proprioceptive perception. The tests evaluated the ability of carnitines, resveratrol and combinations of these substances to restore peripheral sensory perception in the mouse impaired by injection of cisplatin. This ability was assessed by evaluating the reaction to thermal pain induced by a heated water solution in which the animals' tails were dipped according to the tail-flick test, or using the rotating bar test (Apfel S.C., Lipton R.B., Ann. Neurol., 29, 87-90, 1991).

Cisplatin was administered subcutaneously at the dose of 10 mg/kg for eight consecutive days. Over the same period the mice received injections of 100 mg/kg of carnitines and 2.5 mg/kg of resveratrol or combinations of these products.

The results of these two tests provide evidence of a potent protective action afforded by the combination, which is particularly marked in the case of the combinations of acetyl L-carnitine and propionyl L-carnitine with resveratrol or with a grape extract containing resveratrol.

In these cases, the response to the pain stimulus was restored to normal levels (the response to pain was increased by approximately 2° C. as compared to controls in the animals treated with the combination).

Also in the rotating bar test, whereas the duration of the equilibrium time in the control animals (10 animals per group) was 14.6 seconds (reduced to approximately 8 seconds in the cisplatin-treated animals), a significant increase in equilibrium time was noted both in the group treated with carnitines and in the group treated with resveratrol. The increase proved highly significant, however, in the group of animals treated with the test combination. The values observed, in fact, were 13.5 seconds in the animals treated with acetyl L-carnitine plus resveratrol and 14.4 seconds in those treated with propionyl L-carnitine plus resveratrol.

These tests, too, demonstrate an unexpected synergism between carnitines and resveratrol.

Illustrative, non-limiting examples of formulations according to the invention are reported hereinbelow. 1) L-carnitine mg 500 resveratrol mg 5 2) Acetyl L- carnitine mg 500 resveratrol mg 5 3) Propionyl L-carnitine mg 500 resveratrol mg 5 4) Isovaleryl L-carnitine mg 500 resveratrol mg 5 5) L-carnitine mg 500 lyophilized dry grape exctract mg 250 (titled mg 0,5% of resveratrol) 6) Acetyl L-carnitine mg 500 lyophilized dry grape exctract mg 250 (titled mg 0,5% of resveratrol) 7) Propionyl L-carnitine mg 500 lyophilized dry grape exctract mg 250 (titled mg 0,5% of resveratrol) 8) Isovaleryl L-carnitine mg 500 lyophilized dry grape exctract mg 250 (tilted mg 0,5% of resveratrol) 9) L-carnitine mg 500 resveratrol mg 5 tocopherol acetate mg 20 β-carotene mg 10 10) L-carnitine mg 500 lyophilized grape exctract mg 250 (titled mg 0,5% of resveratrol) tocopherol acetate mg 20 β-carotene mg 10 11) L-carnitine mg 500 resveratrol mg 5 tocopherol acetate mg 20 Vit. C mg 100 Selenium mg 40 12) Acetyl L-carnitine mg 250 resveratrol mg 2.5 phosphatidylcholine mg 50 phosphatidylserine mg 50 glycerylphosphorylcoline mg 50 13) Acetyl L-carnitine mg 250 grape's polyphenols mg 100 resveratrol mg 2,5 phosphatidylcholine mg 50 phosphatidylserine mg 50 glycerylphosphorylcoline mg 50 Vit. E mg 10 selenium mg 10 magnesium mg 5 zinc mg 3 14) Acetyl L-carnitine mg 250 grape's polyphenols mg 100 resveratrol mg 2.5 Vit. B1 mg 1 Vit. B2 mg 1 Vit. B6 mg 2 pantethine mg 5 serine mg 10 choline mg 10 arginine mg 10 lysine mg 10

What is meant by pharmacologically acceptable salt of L-carnitine or alkanoyl L-carnitine is any salt of these active ingredients with an acid that does not give rise to unwanted toxic or side effects. These acids are well known to pharmacy experts.

Non-limiting examples of suitable salts are the following: chloride; bromide; iodide; aspartate, acid aspartate; citrate, acid citrate; tartrate; phosphate, acid phosphate; fumarate, acid fumarate; glycerophosphate; glucose phosphate; lactate; maleate, acid maleate; orotate; oxalate, acid oxalate; sulphate, acid sulphate; trichloroacetate; trifluoroacetate; and methanesulphonate.

A list of FDA-approved pharmacologically acceptable salts is given in Int. J. of Pharm. 33, (1986), 201-217; this latter publication is incorporated herein by reference.

The aforesaid compositions associations can be prepared to be administered orally, parenterally, rectally or transdermally in solid, semi-solid, liquid, semi-liquid, pulverulent, granular or liposomic form.

In additon to the characterizing ingredients (a) and (b) the combination composition may also comprise one or more of the following components: polyphenols, anthocyanins, tannins, antho-cyanosides, vitamins, coenzymes, minerals salts, vegetable fibres, phosphatidylcholine, phosphatidylserine, glycerylphosphorylcoline, ginseng and Ginko biloba exctracts, vitamins and antioxidants.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Pretty much, Outstanding information here! Im interested in your regimen, would you mind posting it? Are you using a Resveratrol, Carnitine, combination? If so, what are the specs? Type, amounts, frequency etc.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Right now I'm taking:

Morning:
300mg Resveratrol 99%
500mg Black Indian Shilajit
2 caps USPlabs Recreate (for the forskolin)
On occasion 6 pumps Primordial Performance Sustain Alfa

Before Workout:
300mg Resveratrol 99%
200mg Moomiyo
1 cap USPlabs Recreate (for the forskolin)
Millennium Sports Technologies CRE02 (creatine)
Millennium Sports Technologies Cordygen5 (cordyceps)

After Workout:
200mg Moomiyo
Primordial Performance EndoAmp (Phosphatidylserine)

Before Bed:
200mg Moomiyo
Millennium Sports Technologies ZMK (mineral complex)

Also trying to eat as clean as possible, try to avoid processed foods. I've recently added RAW Cacao beans, Goji Berries, RAW nuts etc to my diet.

Got this on the way dont know what will be in my final lineup yet:

From custom capsule:
Acetyl L-Carnitine Powder 500g
Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) Powder 500g

1500 custom capsules:
Biotin (Biotin) 100 MCG
Coleus Forskohlii (20% forskolin) 100 MG
Na R-Alpha Lipoic Acid (NaR-ALA) 143 MG
Grape Seed Extract (95% OPC) 90 MG

From nutraplanet:
2 x Toco-8 (38 g)
4 x Vitamin D 1000 IU (180 softgels)
2 x Inositol Hexaphosphate (800 mg/100 caps)
2 x Borage Oil 1000mg/60 softgels
2 x Gut Health (35 caps)
2 x Formex (60 caps)
2 x MVP (120 cap)
2 x Curcumin (60 caps)
1 x Quercetin with Bromelain (120 caps)
1 x Trisorbagen (90 caps)
1 x Testosterone Recovery Stack

The Alcar/Na-rala will probably become staple, the curcumin aswell, the quercetin/trisorbagen is for experimenting with Resveratrol bioavailability, gonna be hard to tell if its gonna be working though.

Inositol Hexaphosphate for chelation of excess Iron mainly, since thats one of the causes of aging with decent scientific backing.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for posting that. Do you have medical training or biochemical education? Are you in athletic competition?

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
Well im just curious how it can help me.

I suffer from chronic fatigue, muscle weakness/loss, moderate thoracic kyphosis, sense of touch reduction and bone issues clicking/cracking. And im only 20 :(. I use to be a bodybuilder but not anymore.

The quercetin i was looking into to boost the number of Mitochondria which on my ONE test at genova shows my mitchondria is shut down. Krebs cycle metabolities are all very low.

Second thing with my moderate thoracic kyphosis its either schuermans disease or malabsorbtion which im just getting tested for. Scheruermans disease is genetic but hopefully something can be done about it.

And yes a lot of good info here on Resveratrol.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Well im just curious how it can help me.

I suffer from chronic fatigue, muscle weakness/loss, moderate thoracic kyphosis, sense of touch reduction and bone issues clicking/cracking. And im only 20 :(. I use to be a bodybuilder but not anymore.

The quercetin i was looking into to boost the number of Mitochondria which on my ONE test at genova shows my mitchondria is shut down. Krebs cycle metabolities are all very low.

Second thing with my moderate thoracic kyphosis its either schuermans disease or malabsorbtion which im just getting tested for. Scheruermans disease is genetic but hopefully something can be done about it.

And yes a lot of good info here on Resveratrol.
I'm sorry I lack the knowledge to advice you on this.

timziums88

Awards
On my resveratrol website, I have gotten reviews from a few people about the supplement that I am still waiting to post. Regardless, I personally think the supplement is going to help A LOT in the fitness area, and general health.

The only thing I don't like, is I feel like resveratrol is catered towards the sedentary individuals who think that taking it will make them skinny, healthy humans without having to exercise.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Not that I know anymore, but Resveratrol may not mix well with medications. It is thought to inhibit some enzymes. If your condition is even semi-serious it may be wise to consult your Doctor before ingesting it.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
On my resveratrol website, I have gotten reviews from a few people about the supplement that I am still waiting to post. Regardless, I personally think the supplement is going to help A LOT in the fitness area, and general health.

The only thing I don't like, is I feel like resveratrol is catered towards the sedentary individuals who think that taking it will make them skinny, healthy humans without having to exercise.
What Resveratrol site? If you cant post it pm me the addy, please. As for making the sedentary skinny and healthy; it just might do that for some people. This is not snake oil. There are people that have been taking it for years with good results, whether it works for a wide majority in a consistent manner remains to be seen. Im 3 months in on 250 mgs (oral) 5 days a week with intermittent applications of Sustain over a 6 month period and results have been appreciable. Im hoping this can be used indefinately with the same results, so far so good.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
You guys are just creating one big metabolic night mare with out knowing the interactions between what it is that you are taking. I would suggest stripping everything and start adding in one thing at a time to see if there is an interaction. You are just shot gunning stuff with out knowing how each is interacting with everything. Most time I spend more time undoing peoples own chemical nightmare thinking its healthy. Let me tell you half the morons out their bodybuilders included are their own worst enemies when it comes to this. I have seen plenty of people screw them selves up by playing human chemistry set as well with natural supplements are to blame for this as well. People that takes my suggestions are the ones that will benefit in the long hall may be not the short run. Give your self 2-3 years and then come back and tell me how wacked out your body is from all this self experiementation. I am going to begin to start using liposomal reservatrol vs oral caps. I think people with adrenal issues need to go easy on reservatrol

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Please be more specific. Resveratrol has replaced most of my regimen, because of the possible interactions. There are guys that are taking a litany of supps, and have been for years, without any negative results. What supps do you think Resveratrol should not be taken with?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Please be more specific. Resveratrol has replaced most of my regimen, because of the possible interactions. There are guys that are taking a litany of supps, and have been for years, without any negative results. What supps do you think Resveratrol should not be taken with?
Every one body is different and like i said I spend more time undoing every ones metabolic mess from in balanced diets to over dosing on supplements or it may have triggered something in that person to cause them to have hormonal issues down the road. Experience speaks for it self. if you are taking a few that great but when you have a **** load like the guy above you then you are asking for trouble..

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
You guys are just creating one big metabolic night mare with out knowing the interactions between what it is that you are taking. I would suggest stripping everything and start adding in one thing at a time to see if there is an interaction. You are just shot gunning stuff with out knowing how each is interacting with everything. Most time I spend more time undoing peoples own chemical nightmare thinking its healthy. Let me tell you half the morons out their bodybuilders included are their own worst enemies when it comes to this. I have seen plenty of people screw them selves up by playing human chemistry set as well with natural supplements are to blame for this as well. People that takes my suggestions are the ones that will benefit in the long hall may be not the short run. Give your self 2-3 years and then come back and tell me how wacked out your body is from all this self experiementation. I am going to begin to start using liposomal reservatrol vs oral caps. I think people with adrenal issues need to go easy on reservatrol
What makes you think I'm not trying one thing at a time? Did I imply that anywhere? How would I know how something effects me if I take everything the same time? If you're talking long term results of supplements, we're all experimenting, why are you taking Resveratrol yourself then, there's no real long term human research done on Resveratrol extracts.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
What makes you think I'm not trying one thing at a time? Did I imply that anywhere? How would I know how something effects me if I take everything the same time? If you're talking long term results of supplements, we're all experimenting, why are you taking Resveratrol yourself then, there's no real long term human research done on Resveratrol extracts.
Revseravtrol has been around for 1,000 of years and it is one of the only supplements that is well documented SCIENTIFICALLY in well respected medical journals. Only recommendation I use is from scientific journals not some one study saying it does this or that. I just think alot of people take way too much stuff and do not know the interactions long term. I do not recommend alot of herbs and things that look like some molecole slapped together. Trust me when dealing with clients what they think is healthy usually turns out being their down fall. I see it day in and day out. Dr john will even tell you how many guys get screwed up on these prohormones because we have no clue what they convert into or their impact on other bodily tissue. IMO steroids atleast you know the side effects and they have been well documented.

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
Revseravtrol has been around for 1,000 of years and it is one of the only supplements that is well documented SCIENTIFICALLY in well respected medical journals. Only recommendation I use is from scientific journals not some one study saying it does this or that. I just think alot of people take way too much stuff and do not know the interactions long term. I do not recommend alot of herbs and things that look like some molecole slapped together. Trust me when dealing with clients what they think is healthy usually turns out being their down fall. I see it day in and day out. Dr john will even tell you how many guys get screwed up on these prohormones because we have no clue what they convert into or their impact on other bodily tissue. IMO steroids atleast you know the side effects and they have been well documented.

I strongly agree.

I have used too many supps myself and actually made things worse rather than better.

Plain and simply you need to know what your doing and the interactions with supps.

Everyones biochemistry is different. One man's medicine is another man's poison

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
This is about Resveratrol, not designers. I agree that you can goof your system with imprudent use of multiple supps. I take it for granted that most people research and listen to their body feedback. I strongly believe that Resveratrol aids in body homeostasis, particularly during and after a run.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
This is about Resveratrol, not designers. I agree that you can goof your system with imprudent use of multiple supps. I take it for granted that most people research and listen to their body feedback. I strongly believe that Resveratrol aids in body homeostasis, particularly during and after a run.
I recommend 250 mgs of 100% trans to all my clients, It is one of the most heavily researched supplements out there for a variety of things.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
I dont think many will try to make a case of steroids use being healthy for an already healthy person as to not counting deseases being curable by certain steroid use.

Resveratrol as an high dosed isolated supplement has not been tested long term on humans. If your talking the minute amounts being taken by humans as part of grapes, wine, whole herbs, fruits, roots etc etc, that does not compare to doses of 500mg of pure resveratrol.

However the research that has been done so far does look promising enough to gamble taking it year round for me. I also like what it seems to be doing for me.

What I will agree upon with you is that I do find attempts to make Resveratrol more bioavailable potentially unsafe by taking supplements that interfere with the following process:

Thomas Walle and colleagues at the University of South Carolina confirm that a minimum of 70 percent of oral resveratrol, as a small molecule, is absorbed in the human digestive tract, but thereafter most resveratrol in blood plasma is conjugated with (complexed with) sulfur and glucuronic acid as it passes through the liver. [Drug Metabolism Disposition 32:1377–82, 2004]

Especially if you're taking other stuff alongside this you might inflict damage upon yourself.

However for myself, I do research what I'm taking thoroughly, and I do not use a "throw everything at it but the kitchen sink" approach on my supplementation.

What I do find worrying is that I seem to be doing more research on what I'm taking then some supplement companies seem ot be doing on their own formulations they throw on the market.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I recommend 250 mgs of 100% trans to all my clients, It is one of the most heavily researched supplements out there for a variety of things.
Where are you getting !00% pure Trans Res? I dont like the sound of this. What do you mean when you talk about your "clients" ? What is your level of Education?

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I dont think many will try to make a case of steroids use being healthy for an already healthy person as to not counting deseases being curable by certain steroid use.

Resveratrol as an high dosed isolated supplement has not been tested long term on humans. If your talking the minute amounts being taken by humans as part of grapes, wine, whole herbs, fruits, roots etc etc, that does not compare to doses of 500mg of pure resveratrol.

However the research that has been done so far does look promising enough to gamble taking it year round for me. I also like what it seems to be doing for me.

What I will agree upon with you is that I do find attempts to make Resveratrol more bioavailable by taking supplements that interfere with the following process:

Especially if you're taking other stuff alongside this you might inflict damage upon yourself.

However for myself, I do research what I'm taking thoroughly, and I do not use a "throw everything at it but the kitchen sink" approach on my supplementation.

What I do find worrying is that I seem to be doing more research on what I'm taking then some supplement companies seem ot be doing on their own formulations they throw on the market.
I think you know what you're talking about and what you're doing. I appreciate the fact that you are sharing the information you have gleaned from a variety of sources, thats what makes this board one of the best around. Its up to each individual to make educated and researched deductions regarding their supplementation.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
I think you know what you're talking about and what you're doing. I appreciate the fact that you are sharing the information you have gleaned from a variety of sources, thats what makes this board one of the best around. Its up to each individual to make educated and researched deductions regarding their supplementation.
On my earlier post on what I'm going to experiment with. I think I'm not gonna be using quercetin and bioperine (ax trisorbagen) to boost Resveratrol bioavalability. For now I'm going with 1 serving of Resveratrol in the morning on empty stomach with Shilajit and Moomiyo, both of which are actually just bioavailable mineral complexes, and Alcar. With breakfast I'll be taking the custom capsule Na-rala, coleus, grape seed extract blend, vitamin D3, Toco-8, borage oil for gla and 3 fishoil caps to balance my omega3 : omega6 ratio to 1:4. On my wish list/to research list Vitamin K2 is on top atm. Enough research on the vitamin D3/K2 combination for life extension.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Yeah the K is on my list too, Vit D supplements and me dont seem to get along. LEF has a super K that Ive been thinking about trying its at a good price, I think it would stack well with this other low milligram Res. product I have that has D in it its called Longevinex it has quercetin in it also, it cost the same as the other oral product that is currently on backorder, so I may be using this as a backup and as a k stacker.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Yeah the K is on my list too, Vit D supplements and me dont seem to get along. LEF has a super K that Ive been thinking about trying its at a good price, I think it would stack well with this other low milligram Res. product I have that has D in it its called Longevinex.
Ah yes, thats the product that got me on the quercetin and IP6 trail.. Interesting views on their website..

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
There are, but the product itself left something to be desired in my estimation. I will be taking it anyway to finish it off, but probably wont purchase it again. I dont think the adjuncts are needed to assimilate the Res. but I have been reading about 2 other products that may very well co-factor with the Res. they are obscure and not very well or widely marketed. Perhaps you know of them, luteolin and pieced, or something like that. Where are you getting your shiljat from?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Where are you getting !00% pure Trans Res? I dont like the sound of this. What do you mean when you talk about your "clients" ? What is your level of Education?
Working on PH.D in alternative medicine. Have a list of national accrediations and certifications in various methods of natural healings. Currently work on difficult cases of fatigue and hormonal issue inconjunction with an MD here in USA. I have people from all over the united states and world with issue unresolved by modern medicine which I consult with to give them a more understanding of their issues and to educate them in proper lifestlye choices with a few recommendation of things may help them to bring body back in balance. If you are under dr supervision for TRT. I do not touch that, but some time the recommendations may require reductions of antiestrogen. As the body is balance hormone will change as i have seen it happen in many people. I am not here to advertise at all because people come fine me through word of mouth. My reputation speaks for itself. What I contribute to this board is only a drop in the bucket to what my capabilities are.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
There are, but the product itself left something to be desired in my estimation. I will be taking it anyway to finish it off, but probably wont purchase it again. I dont think the adjuncts are needed to assimilate the Res. but I have been reading about 2 other products that may very well co-factor with the Res. they are obscure and not very well or widely marketed. Perhaps you know of them, luteolin and pieced, or something like that. Where are you getting your shiljat from?
I've been reading up on the luteolin indeed. It's even been suggested it might have sirt1 activating properties on its own if my memory servers me right?

Pieced doesnt ring a bell ;)

I get my shilajit from therootofthematter.ca , site looks dodgy but the products are first class. I also order cacao beans and goji berries from him. He also sells Fo-Ti roots, Polygonum Multiflorum Root. Another longetivity herb which I found interesting since Resveratrol is usually extracted from Polygonum cuspidatum Root. He also carries great maca if thats your thing.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for that info, the pieced is also called Polydatin it is seemingly a component of Resveratrol. As far as herbs go, I have found that all are not created equally, the same as vitamins, I prefer to get the actives, if possible. This Polydatin sounds interesting as well as the luteolin, I googled it and only found 1 source that sold it in small amounts, raw and uncapped grams, kinda leary of it that way, may be good and may not be, these are obscure and new supplements, it would be easy to get bad material. I think the site was called kingherbs the polydatin and luteolin were listed in their samples section its a "dodgey" looking site too.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Hmm I'm gonna stick to my current regimen for a few weeks before adding more, I find it very hard to notice more or less effectiveness of resveratrol. That its working is noticable, but better or worse is hard to determine, short term atleast..

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Ageed, the polydatin does look interesting though, as a component of Res. and the fact that it is extracted from the same source. There doesnt seem to be much data about it or reports of bioassay. Unfortunately the source for my current Res. supplement is on back order and I will have to use the lower millligram combined supplement I have on hand as a back-up or take longer breaks between doses, thankfully I still have Sustain and Dermacrine on hand but will be decreasing the amount of those also. I take intermitent breaks from all supps a couple days a week.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
UOTE (maxwatt @ 20-May 2008, 10:57 PM) *
For that matter, speaking of resveratrol analogues, polydatin is promising and available if you know where to look. Some Japanese researchers have reported on its metabolites, and it results in high blood levels of resveratrol, higher than one gets by taking resveratrol. It seems to bypass intestinal glucoronidation and first pass liver metabolism, giving quite a spike.
Interesting indeed :)

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Im sure Sinclair and the other researchers have this data, but Im also sure that if it is a part of what is planned for their future project it wont be mentioned. There probably are other fractions of the molecule that are also yet to be "discovered" once it is patented, marketed and prescribed there will be a quantum leap in more than one area of technology. Fortunately for us, it will be during our lifespan.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
I just read this bit and found it interesting:

But we have two other, primary methods of aging to consider that expound heavily when you increase complexity - mitochondrial dysfunction from whence most aging starts, and telomere length. Heck, the length of telomeres may even, some evidence suggests, act like a literal clock in our cells telling them when to start aging on purpose.

In that vein, resveratrol is only part, a major, important part, I think, but still just one part of a whole. It fixes a lot of aging and diet associated declines in health, but it can't fix everything such as mitochondria breaking down, or, especially, telomeres degrading to nothing. And it can't fix your genes.
The mitochondria issue you could theoretically fix with ALCAR supplementation I think? Now to find something for the telemores :)

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
Reverse

I have been taking LEF's "Super Resveratrol 250" then I noticed this new product "Reverse" from IBE. Triacetylated Resveratrol??? Is this for real??

From IBE's product description...

Triacetylated Resveratrol (3,5,4’-triacetyl-trans-stilbene) (patent pending)

The main drawback with current resveratrol forms is the low oral bioavailability. This low bioavailability is caused by the body’s natural defense to foreign substances, in which enzymes present naturally break down compounds so that they can be easily excreted. This is why finding these acetylated analogs has been so significant; they have better bioavailability and increased biological activity in comparison to the base phenolic compounds. Multiple studies have shown that acetylated analogs of Resveratrol exhibit the same or higher inhibitory effects on various tumor cell lines than Resveratrol itself while being absorbed faster and resisting cellular breakdown. Since the acetylated Resveratrol is being absorbed more quickly, plasma levels in the body reach a higher level and at a faster rate. Through ester hydrolysis enzymes in the body actually break down acetylated Resveratrol back to its natural phenolic form. This is what makes Reverse such an innovative product; you can essentially help Resveratrol resist breakdown and absorb faster yet still have it present in its natural form where it can exhibit all of its amazing benefits.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
I have been taking LEF's "Super Resveratrol 250" then I noticed this new product "Reverse" from IBE. Triacetylated Resveratrol??? Is this for real??
Yeah it's for real. But with all Resveratrol products out there the mechanism at which this is exerting its effects is not 100% known.

This form of IBE potentially supplies you with higher bloodlevels of Resveratrol but I could never find the exact differences between pure resveratrol and this altered form of resveratrol. Some studies show different effects from different forms. There was a discussion over at imminst.org between IBE and some quite knowledgable members there where IBE left the discussion upon product release unfortunately.

That said my father has been on IBE's Reverse for quite some time and it does seem to produce quite favourable effects for him. At least on par with the effects he notices from Primordial Alfa Sustain. However there's no way to tell if you get actual sirt1 activation from any of these 2 products.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I just read this bit and found it interesting:

The mitochondria issue you could theoretically fix with ALCAR supplementation I think? Now to find something for the telemores :)
Im sure you have read about the Astral fruit active, that is supposed to help with telomeres, but it seemingly contradicts, and should probably not be used, with Resveratrol. I have used the actual root slices and they do give a tremendous boost to the immune system particularly if you have a cold or flu, but sources are questionable as to organics. A peculiar side that I experienced with their use was that it made my right eye bloodshot.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established

From IBE's product description...

Triacetylated Resveratrol (3,5,4’-triacetyl-trans-stilbene) (patent pending)

The main drawback with current resveratrol forms is the low oral bioavailability. This low bioavailability is caused by the body’s natural defense to foreign substances, in which enzymes present naturally break down compounds so that they can be easily excreted. This is why finding these acetylated analogs has been so significant; they have better bioavailability and increased biological activity in comparison to the base phenolic compounds. Multiple studies have shown that acetylated analogs of Resveratrol exhibit the same or higher inhibitory effects on various tumor cell lines than Resveratrol itself while being absorbed faster and resisting cellular breakdown. Since the acetylated Resveratrol is being absorbed more quickly, plasma levels in the body reach a higher level and at a faster rate. Through ester hydrolysis enzymes in the body actually break down acetylated Resveratrol back to its natural phenolic form. This is what makes Reverse such an innovative product; you can essentially help Resveratrol resist breakdown and absorb faster yet still have it present in its natural form where it can exhibit all of its amazing benefits.
I think this bioavailability issue may be questionable in terms of chronic use. If you're taking amounts of 250 to 500 mgs of the purest, low emodin content Resveratrol 5 days a week you will get adequate absorbtion over a period of time. The triacetylated version may be on par with that, to sum it up, it may be equal, in a relative sense. JMO