Can Iodine deficiency make your hair all kinky and crazy looking?

superone

Awards
  • Established
My hair has gotton very kinky and crazy looking. It looks like pubic hairs, especially the hairs growing out of the sides of my head. They stick out instead of going back like normal hairs and they are all kinky and wirey,ect. Basically looking like pubic hairs on my head.

I am iodine deficient, is this what is causing this? What can be causing this? My hair never used to be like this and now it looks disgusting i cant even grow it that long it starts to get way out of control.

Thanks.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
My hair has gotton very kinky and crazy looking. It looks like pubic hairs, especially the hairs growing out of the sides of my head. They stick out instead of going back like normal hairs and they are all kinky and wirey,ect. Basically looking like pubic hairs on my head.

I am iodine deficient, is this what is causing this? What can be causing this? My hair never used to be like this and now it looks disgusting i cant even grow it that long it starts to get way out of control.

Thanks.
So you have kinky hair. If you are african american that could explain alittle LOL Also if you are iodine defieinct and start supplementing with out proper selenium it can result in hypothyroid symptoms.

superone

Awards
  • Established
So you have kinky hair. If you are african american that could explain alittle LOL Also if you are iodine defieinct and start supplementing with out proper selenium it can result in hypothyroid symptoms.

Im not african american, and my hair was never like this before. Ive read on other boards that there is a connection between this wirey kinky hair, and the thyroid, or possibly some mineral deficiencies related to the thyroid.

Yep, ive read the same thing about not taking iodine without selenium, or vice versa. I have some liquid angstrom selenium here and have a Irish moss/Bladderwrack seaweek powder mix on the way that should have enough iodine in it.