Can HCG affect PSA?

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Since January I've been taking testosterone cypionate subcutaneously.. This was old stuff (2 years expired) that I received from my HRT doctor. I stopped taking it a couple of years ago because of gyno issues. In any event, I started again in January and now I'm about to run out.

I just got my blood work back and he said my testosterone was off the charts - at over 1500. I'm taking 2.25 CCs of 200mg per week. I figured the weakness since expiration and the fact that I'm not injecting intramuscularly would make me need to take more. Plus, I really didn't feel any increase in libido (which was gone) until I went this high.

In any event, I'm also taking 250iu of HCG every 4 days. Would this cause my test to be so high? And could it also have an impact on my PSA? I think the doctor said my PSA was around 4.5 or something (correction: 7.8).. I have no difficulty urinating and feel no discomfort. I've had prostatitis in the past and I'd know if I had it now...

Let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance...

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You stopped before because of gyno issues and you don't notice libido changes until you go high on the dosing...sounds like estrogen issues is your main culprit there, especially with the hcg, but even with test alone. What are you using for an AI and how much/often?

Yeah hCG will increase test converstion to e2 and DHT more than test alone will. It converts easier for some reason.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
I'm taking Tamoxifen Citrate in liquid form daily - about 20mg one day, 10mg the next day and so on - I switch back and forth and it seemed to be working for me because I wasn't getting any gyno lumps.

I guess what worries me most is the PSA. I had a blood test and exam a year or so ago and there were no issues. I'm 37 years old, so - anywhere near 4 is too high. Maybe the test is unreliable...

How can my testosterone be so high taking 450mg of cypionate a week subcutaneously? I guess the HCG is really working for me....

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
450mg is a lot! I would say most of your test is coming from this massive dose! 150mg per week is also considered a lot for TRT. Your hCG dose is fairly low..

Don't take a SERM as an AI. It will kill your libido. I would never use a serm as e2 control while on TRT. Serms are toxic and they are also estrogenic, they only block estrogen at the breast tissue.

Are you on TRT or a cycle? Sounds more like you are cycling tbh.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. I'm on TRT but I started taking what I had left over from a couple of years ago - and I figured that since I was taking expired Cypionate AND wasn't injecting intramuscularly, I'd need a lot. I guess that was a mistake.

I didn't know that Nolvadex would kill my libido...

So I guess HCG has no effect on PSA and I'm going to need a digital rectal examination.. Right?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Since January I've been taking testosterone cypionate subcutaneously.. This was old stuff (2 years expired) that I received from my HRT doctor. I stopped taking it a couple of years ago because of gyno issues. In any event, I started again in January and now I'm about to run out.

I just got my blood work back and he said my testosterone was off the charts - at over 1500. I'm taking 2.25 CCs of 200mg per week. I figured the weakness since expiration and the fact that I'm not injecting intramuscularly would make me need to take more. Plus, I really didn't feel any increase in libido (which was gone) until I went this high.

In any event, I'm also taking 250iu of HCG every 4 days. Would this cause my test to be so high? And could it also have an impact on my PSA? I think the doctor said my PSA was around 4.5 or something.. I have no difficulty urinating and feel no discomfort. I've had prostatitis in the past and I'd know if I had it now...

Let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance...
450mg test /week
4x250iu HCG/week
PSA=4.5
prostatitis in the past

If you want to do proper TRT and do not know how, ask questions.
But you will have to do blood testing.

TRT newer works alone, most of the time we will get adrenals and thyroid involved.
If you are ready, ask.
---------------------------------------

PSA=4.5

different topic
it is rather high number
if you have historical PSA values, keep them, also post them

at this point it is impotrant to test PSA 2x/year
also you have to test FreePSA

if your FreePSA is below 25%
if your PSA grows faster than XXXX/year

you have to do biopsy

biopsy is not bad, you can drive home all by your self, no need for assistance.
==================================================

If you would end up with Prostate Cancer
everybody will tell you to not use testosterone
(this is very debatable, I am leaning that PC people should still use TRT).

Having high PSA I suggest that you keep sharp eye on
specially E2
but also on DHT

keep all in desirable place
==================================================

My own Goals
DHEAs(500-640)mcg/dL------------------major player, 95% time overlooked
Progesterone(0.9-1.2)ng/mL
Pregnenolone(> 100ng/dL)
Estradiol, Ultrasensitive(25-29)pg/mL
Estrone, LC/MS/MS (23244X)
do not use Anastrozole if possible or minimize its use
BATest(342, 460-575)ng/dL------------stay around 342 if you need AI to control E2
DHT(60-90)ng/dL
RT3 in lower half of range
FreeT3~400pg/dL
Body temperature (97.8° - 98.2°F) (36.56° - 36.78°C); (36.6-37C)(97.9-98.6F)

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for the reply, JanSz. I'm going to stop taking the HCG and go for another blood test in a week. I bet my test score will be much lower - as well as my estrogen. Hmm.. Any chance that sex with no climax would leave enough prostatic fluid in the prostate to cause a high PSA?

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
per my doctor... more testosterone (especially DHT) = higher PSA. but anything over 2.5 needs further testing.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, LeanGuy.. So my PSA can be artificially high because of #1. High Testosterone and #2. HCG which is causing my DHT to be unusually high

I wonder how long I need to be off of HCG to get my DHT levels back down to normal. I bet my next test will be 2.5 or under... The last blood test where I asked what my PSA was - it was ZERO - and that was probably a couple of years ago...

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, LeanGuy.. So my PSA can be artificially high because of #1. High Testosterone and #2. HCG which is causing my DHT to be unusually high

I wonder how long I need to be off of HCG to get my DHT levels back down to normal. I bet my next test will be 2.5 or under... The last blood test where I asked what my PSA was - it was ZERO - and that was probably a couple of years ago...
Do not do anything else except proper TRT.

If you need testosterone, take testosterone
if you need HCG take HCG

HCG have not much to do with DHT, but in overly high amount it increases E2.
If your TT is too high you may get more DHT
but mostly one gets extra high DHT if testosterone have easy contact with 5alpha-reductase.

That is why when test goes thru skin, and specially thru scrotum where there is abundance of 5-alpha-reductase, then we end up with very high DHT.

We need DHT, we need each and every natural hormone.
But we need right amount of them.
I think, even men with Prostate Cancer should be on (proper) TRT.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Do not do anything else except proper TRT.

If you need testosterone, take testosterone
if you need HCG take HCG

HCG have not much to do with DHT, but in overly high amount it increases E2.
If your TT is too high you may get more DHT
but mostly one gets extra high DHT if testosterone have easy contact with 5alpha-reductase.

That is why when test goes thru skin, and specially thru scrotum where there is abundance of 5-alpha-reductase, then we end up with very high DHT.

We need DHT, we need each and every natural hormone.
But we need right amount of them.
I think, even men with Prostate Cancer should be on (proper) TRT.
Quest have been giving some botched PSA scores and if you had sex or wacked off night before it could be elevated. Also melatonin lowers PSA..So if you have sleeping issues then there is your answer. DO not make this more complicated then it is. Get retested to confirm and no sex 24 hours before.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
I'm not having ANY symptoms of an enlarged prostate. The doctor seems to feel that I'd at least have difficulty urinating. Isn't a 4+ PSA an indication of an enlarged prostate? I remember when I had prostititis, I could feel that my prostate was enlarged. It was uncomfortable to sit or even walk. I really just don't believe I'm having any serious issue. I'm confident that the results were skewed or innacurate and that a follow up test will show better results. I hope a week off HCG and a drop to 200mg of Cypionate brings my levels back down to normal in time for my next test.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
I did have SOME sex the night before (no climax) and I'm not having any issues sleeping.

Quest have been giving some botched PSA scores and if you had sex or wacked off night before it could be elevated. Also melatonin lowers PSA..So if you have sleeping issues then there is your answer. DO not make this more complicated then it is. Get retested to confirm and no sex 24 hours before.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
I did have SOME sex the night before (no climax) and I'm not having any issues sleeping.
This can cause a falsely elevated PSA test... it would show up as more free PSA though... next time ask your doc to run both tests. I had a series of elevated PSA's (up to 3.0) and it scared the sh*t out of me... almost had the biposy when it suddenly dropped back to 1.0. Clomid caused mine to shoot up. I think it also had to do with a confirmed zinc deficiency I had at the time... when I corrected it, PSA seemed to drop. Prostate needs lots of zinc to be healthy.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
If my PSA doesn't come back improved next time, should I see a urologist for the most reliable tests?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I would. It is a test prone to error, but not one you can ignore.
Lay off the salmoni,
I believe that it could be the excitement of having intercourse or forplay that could also have an effect not necessarily ejaculation. Plus if you got all wound up and wanted to shoot a load. YOu have back logg LOL..Glad i could have helped relieve the stress of high PSA because my came back slighly elevated and I freaked out..I can not remember if I tossed off day before but if I did it say in afternnon it still could have resulted in false levels.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
If my PSA doesn't come back improved next time, should I see a urologist for the most reliable tests?
When my PSA started to go up I decided to sign up to Memorial Sloan- Kettering Cancer Center.

http://www.mskcc.org/prg/prg/bios/58.cfm

That was about 15 years ago.
Now they are in my neighborhood but I stil go to see dr Sogani once every 6 months.

Two weeks ago my PSA=4.81
but it was already over 5

I had a number of biopsies, so far I lucked out.

I always test my PSA at Sloan.

Few times that I did additional PSA tests elsevere, they came lower than at Sloan.

Reason I go there is not only because of (hopefully) high expertise but to a high degree I worry about repeatibility.

Going to different doctors at different times introduces high error.
------------------------------------------------------------------

When testing, sex or alcohol or possibly something else, may increase PSA temporarily.
That increase is inconsequential, counting pennies, overlooking $$.

With PSA=4.5 at young age

I suggest that you at least repeat the test.

If it comes back the same, demand biopsy. Back out........

Actually, this would be a good time to find a doc that you would go to in case that it turns out to be a cancer. Not Cancer right now, but possibly in years ahead.
Ask that doctor to do biopsy.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
When my PSA started to go up I decided to sign up to Memorial Sloan- Kettering Cancer Center.

http://www.mskcc.org/prg/prg/bios/58.cfm

That was about 15 years ago.
Now they are in my neighborhood but I stil go to see dr Sogani once every 6 months.

Two weeks ago my PSA=4.81
but it was already over 5

I had a number of biopsies, so far I lucked out.

I always test my PSA at Sloan.

Few times that I did additional PSA tests elsevere, they came lower than at Sloan.

Reason I go there is not only because of (hopefully) high expertise but to a high degree I worry about repeatibility.

Going to different doctors at different times introduces high error.
------------------------------------------------------------------

When testing, sex or alcohol or possibly something else, may increase PSA temporarily.
That increase is inconsequential, counting pennies, overlooking $$.

With PSA=4.5 at young age

I suggest that you at least repeat the test.

If it comes back the same, demand biopsy. Back out........

Actually, this would be a good time to find a doc that you would go to in case that it turns out to be a cancer. Not Cancer right now, but possibly in years ahead.
Ask that doctor to do biopsy.

Jansz would not suprise me that you have melatonin defieincy from sitting on the computer all day..That will cause a dramatic increase in PSA as proven by scientific studies...Factor in you have methylation issues which are needed to produce melatonin..

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
I work on a computer all day as well. Maybe I do have a bit of Melatonin deficiency. I do sleep fine, however. At least I think I do.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Anyway. If what was said earlier - that high DHT = high PSA, than I'd have to imagine that taking less Cypionate and NO HCG would have to reduce my PSA score. Testosterone at 1500 plus HCG must be having some affect on my PSA score. Am I making sense here?

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
To make matters worse, I just verified with the doctor that my PSA score was actually 7.8.... Two years ago it was 0.9.. Either I have the fastest growing cancer in the world, prostatitis that I'm somehow unaware of (I've had it in the past), or something is screwy...

http://www.webmd.com/prostate-cancer/news/20060522/psa-screening-imperfect-works
Presti's team found that PSA scores of 4-10 predicted cancer less often in younger (50-ish) men and more often in older (70-ish) men.

If my test comes back crazy again next week, I'll go for the digital rectal examination - but I'm sure they're not going to find any abnormalities. If the biopsy was foolproof, I wouldn't be worried about it. With my luck, I'll have some type of adverse reaction from it...

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
To make matters worse, I just verified with the doctor that my PSA score was actually 7.8.... Two years ago it was 0.9.. Either I have the fastest growing cancer in the world, prostatitis that I'm somehow unaware of (I've had it in the past), or something is screwy...

http://www.webmd.com/prostate-cancer/news/20060522/psa-screening-imperfect-works
Presti's team found that PSA scores of 4-10 predicted cancer less often in younger (50-ish) men and more often in older (70-ish) men.

If my test comes back crazy again next week, I'll go for the digital rectal examination - but I'm sure they're not going to find any abnormalities. If the biopsy was foolproof, I wouldn't be worried about it. With my luck, I'll have some type of adverse reaction from it...
Before getting all excited..The comfort knowing that quest fuks up on alot of PSA test and that you did involve with sexual activity night before. These are 2 factors that you have going for you to invalid testing. So just hold tight relax and go on with normal activitys and just retest in a week...No biggy then go from there. High DHT does not increase PSA high estrogens are more likely suspect potentially the 4, 16 hydrox estrones cause BPH . Men on HRT have had high dht from creams and never get BPH, but need to be monitored properly by Dr or urologist.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, Matrix.. Well, my estrogen is very high as well.. I've been taking Nolvadex but maybe I should switch to something that reduces estrogen in more places than simply breast tissue...

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, Matrix.. Well, my estrogen is very high as well.. I've been taking Nolvadex but maybe I should switch to something that reduces estrogen in more places than simply breast tissue...
odds are its not cancer at your age (I researched this quite a bit during my scare). but as you know your hormones are all out of balance. rebalancing should see the psa drop. and no hanky-panky before the next test.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Thanks.. I agree - it's probably BPH... In the meantime, I'm switching from Nolvadex to .5mg per day of Anastrozole. Hopefully that'll lower my estrogen enough to bring the PSA score down as well. My doctor wanted me to retest on Monday but I just took my last HCG dose on Wednesday. With a four day half life, I'd rather wait until late next week. Between that and me probably dropping the Cypionate altogether until things calm down, hopefully my PSA moves closer to normal.

I originally started taking Epistane in October to reduce a gyno lump that came from out of nowhere. It worked and at that point, I decided to restart HRT/TRT because my libido was gone. So I've been taking androgens for about 7 months now..

Hopefully all of this will clear up.. If anyone knows of a good HRT doctor in South Florida, let me know.. The doctor I'm going to now doesn't seem to have a good handle on things. He's said a few things that don't make sense to me regarding TRT. Plus, he told me yesterday that my PSA was 4.5 or so. I sent him an email stating why I wanted to take another test - and now it's 7.8. I just don't know what to think of this guy.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

I note this:

Two years ago PSA=0.9
Now PSA=4.5 or may be PSA=7.8
history of prostatitis
have not had DRE (DigitalrectalExamination)

Quick raise of PSA is a strong indicator for a high allert

I suggest that you:
repeat PSA test, add FreePSA
you should do it today, GP can write you script

If possible, do not go to a local urologist.
If possible go to a large teaching institute that deals with cancer.
Have them
repeat PSA and FreePSA tests and have them do prostate biopsy.
--------------------------------------------

Post your ZIP code here
you may possibly get suggestions of where is your nearest:
large teaching institute that deals with cancer

-----------------------------------------------------------

Do your TRT by the numbers.
Keep all numbers withing desirable range.
Use Avodart if you have high DHT
When using Avodart, start with 2pills/week (not once/day as doctor would recomend) adjust dose latter
Use Arimidex if E2 is too high (but do not kill it)
-----------------------------------------------------------
For the reason that you need a good chance at proper measuring of TT, E2, DHT
use either transdermal-T (that is applied daily)
or
use EOD shots (every other day)(frequent)

if your DHT is generally high, use shots, that would avoid busting DHT
------------------------------------------------------------

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Thank you.. I have a feeling the combination of testosterone and hcg has pushed my psa above the normal range. I feel a blood test today will net the same results. I'd like to give my body the opportunity to get out of the extremely high testosterone and estrogen range before I take my next blood test. If the next blood test comes back in normal range, I'm fine. If not, I will get a DRE and see what the urologist says. If that comes back normal as well, I'll simply keep a very close eye on my PSA and if the numbers go out of wack again, I'll have a biopsy done.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Thank you.. I have a feeling the combination of testosterone and hcg has pushed my psa above the normal range. I feel a blood test today will net the same results. I'd like to give my body the opportunity to get out of the extremely high testosterone and estrogen range before I take my next blood test. If the next blood test comes back in normal range, I'm fine. If not, I will get a DRE and see what the urologist says. If that comes back normal as well, I'll simply keep a very close eye on my PSA and if the numbers go out of wack again, I'll have a biopsy done.
Two years ago PSA=0.9
Now PSA=4.5 or may be PSA=7.8

This is extremely important information,
but usefull only to those who appreciate it.

DRE is done to show patient that doctor cares (another words close to useless).
To find anything with DRE you would have to have a full blown cancer that already stick out thru proste outer wall.
========================================================

For those men being screened for PSA velocity, a PSA velocity of greater than or equal to 0.75 ng/mL per year should necessitate a prostate biopsy -- even if the PSA level is in the normal range.

http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/65286.cfm#282983

Prostate Cancer Screening Tests
Prostate Cancer Studies and Screening
PSA Levels
PSA Velocity
Our Prostate Cancer Screening Guidelines

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
I guess if I'm unlucky enough that my PSA score doesn't come down at my next test, a DRE may show prostatitis (from prostatic fluid) to be the cause of my issue. Since I've had it in the past, I wouldn't be surprised. I'll ask the doctor about what techniques they use besides actually removing skin from the prostate. I'm reading that MRI and Ultrasound are two possibilities... My issue is that a biopsy "can" cause issues - and I'd rather not have it done without at least a second test. Unless I'm mistaken and PSA tests aren't often inaccurate. All I'm trying to do is prevent having an unnecessary and potentially damaging test.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I guess if I'm unlucky enough that my PSA score doesn't come down at my next test, a DRE may show prostatitis (from prostatic fluid) to be the cause of my issue. Since I've had it in the past, I wouldn't be surprised. I'll ask the doctor about what techniques they use besides actually removing skin from the prostate. I'm reading that MRI and Ultrasound are two possibilities... My issue is that a biopsy "can" cause issues - and I'd rather not have it done without at least a second test. Unless I'm mistaken and PSA tests aren't often inaccurate. All I'm trying to do is prevent having an unnecessary and potentially damaging test.
Decissions, decissions,..........

Corleone1

Awards
Yes, Psa will increas both when you start aas and often it will also rice when you get of. Both when the prostate increase and decrease it will "leak" more psa as the size of the cells changes. Hcg will probably make this a bit worse if E2 will rise above normal. There are studies that says that E2 is one of the cause of Bph, benign prostata hypertrophi which also increase psa. A big recent studie says that psa could vary with 1.6 units, it is a lot... If you ejaculate before the test psa also will increase...

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
I just got back from my urologist who did a psa and my score was 1.1. I'm normally 0.9 or 1.0. So I think the last test - which was screwy to beginwith - was a fluke. I asked the doctor to schedule me for another psa in 3 months. If I go back on testosterone again, I will get blood work every month until I'm confident everything is fine...

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Thank you.. It certainly is a relief.. I'm confident this test was more accurate than the last because the last test was done by someone I don't have much confidence in. He has no idea why anyone would want to use HCG with testosterone and doesn't seem very knowledgeable in regards to combating estrogen (he knows a little). For me to know more than him is concerning. In any event, I can get my "stuff" from him legally - so he's my HRT doctor...

A DRE, 1.1 PSA and the fact that I have NO enlarged prostate symptoms lead me to believe that I'm okay.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Thank you.. It certainly is a relief.. I'm confident this test was more accurate than the last because the last test was done by someone I don't have much confidence in. He has no idea why anyone would want to use HCG with testosterone and doesn't seem very knowledgeable in regards to combating estrogen (he knows a little). For me to know more than him is concerning. In any event, I can get my "stuff" from him legally - so he's my HRT doctor...

A DRE, 1.0 PSA and the fact that I have NO enlarged prostate symptoms lead me to believe that I'm okay.
One can also falsely increase PSA by having sex or masturbating the night before as well. Hope this out you at ease as well.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
One can also falsely increase PSA by having sex or masturbating the night before as well. Hope this out you at ease as well.
I hear that.. I had sex with NO climax the night before my last test. That may have had something to do with the PSA score as well. I may have had some prostate congestion. Combine that with the amount of testosterone, dht and estrogen I had flowing through my veins, that test might have been technically accurate at the time...

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Just updating.. I had another PSA test a couple of weeks after the last one (1.1) and it came back 0.9.. Perfectly normal. Now I've been back on TRT for 6 months and I took a blood test on Wednesday. I was supposed to have the results yesterday but the doctor never called. I called back today and he left for the day. His secretary called him and then called me back as I was concerned with my results. He said there was nothing urgent but a couple of things he wanted to talk to me about - and that won't be until Monday. Great..

So now I'm left over the weekend wondering. I suppose nothing urgent means my PSA is okay. I'm guessing it probably is.. I'm only taking a touch over 1/2 ML of 210mg/ml Cypionate per week, plus .20iu of HcG every 5 days - along with 1.2mg of Anastrozole every other day. He actually has me prescribed for 2ML of the Cypionate every week (don't ask me!) so I have a feeling his concerns may be a lower than normal testosterone score that most of his other patients...

When my PSA was up in the beginning of the year, my test score was about 1500 and my DHT and Estrogen were (as he said) "off the charts". I was only using Nolvadex for estrogen control at that time. A mistake..

Anyway. I'm also taking beta sitosterol, stinging nettle root and a few other over the counter prostate supplements on a daily basis.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Okay. My doctor just called me and gave my latest results. On this tiny bit of Cypionate that I'm taking, my test is at 1100.. Seems high for such a small dose - I wonder if since I'm taking such a small amount, I'm not entirely shut down... I know the tiny bit of HcG that I'm taking is giving me a rise in testosterone - along with the Anastrozole..

So anyway, he's telling me to take less so I'm somewhere in between 800 and 900.. I was kinda hoping to start taking more since my libido was better at a higher dose - but my PSA is slightly up at 1.3 - so I guess I'll need to stay where I am..

So last time I had a problem, I was taking a lot of test (2.5 CC per week plus a light oral on and off) for 6 months and was around 1500 with a PSA of 7.8.. This time I've been taking less than 1 CC for 6 months and my PSA is at 1.3.. I feel pretty decent about that - especially considering that I may be dropping my dose even more. I'm going to start loading up on THIS to be on the safe side...

My estrogen was great. Everything else was great except my Kidney level was up .1 higher than it should be. Not sure what that's about but everything else looked good - including cholesterol for the first time since I can remember..

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Okay, another blood test six months later... I never really dropped my dose of test - so my PSA has crept up to 1.9... I'm going to lay off of test for 6 weeks and that should bring my PSA back down to base 0.9/1.1... I guess I have a sensitive prostate... My estrogen was up a little bit as well.

My kidney values didn't go down - I think they went up a little. I'll post an update with my exact results in a day or two when I get them. The doctor went over them with me a few days ago but I didn't make a note of them. I'll do so the when he calls this week. I do remember him noting that my creatinine was up as well as my globulin.. Something else as well, I believe... I DO take a ****load of pills every day. I take a bunch of herbal remedies for an arrhythmia, some stuff for my shoulder pain and a bunch of stuff for my prostate because I've had prostatitis in the past and I do believe I get BPH while taking test...

The doctor just called me with some kidney numbers:

bun 27
albumin 5
bun/creatinine ratio 22.5

Anyway.. So I'm coming off the test and the doctor is prescribing me clomid and HCG.. Now I don't tell him that I'm taking .20iu of HCG ever 5 days as it is. It's kept my testes intact and apparently functioning - so I'm not too sure if I even really need it - but I'll take the delivery anyway..

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Okay, another blood test six months later... I never really dropped my dose of test - so my PSA has crept up to 1.9... I'm going to lay off of test for 6 weeks and that should bring my PSA back down to base 0.9/1.1... I guess I have a sensitive prostate... My estrogen was up a little bit as well.

My kidney values didn't go down - I think they went up a little. I'll post an update with my exact results in a day or two when I get them. The doctor went over them with me a few days ago but I didn't make a note of them. I'll do so the when he calls this week. I do remember him noting that my creatinine was up as well as my globulin.. Something else as well, I believe... I DO take a ****load of pills every day. I take a bunch of herbal remedies for an arrhythmia, some stuff for my shoulder pain and a bunch of stuff for my prostate because I've had prostatitis in the past and I do believe I get BPH while taking test...

The doctor just called me with some numbers:

bun 27
albumin 5
bun/creatinine ratio 22.5

Anyway.. So I'm coming off the test and the doctor is prescribing me clomid and HCG.. Now I don't tell him that I'm taking .20iu of HCG ever 5 days as it is. It's kept my testes intact and apparently functioning - so I'm not too sure if I even really need it - but I'll take the delivery anyway..
Before my kidney values went up, here's what the ones I listed above looked like:

bun 24
albumin 4.6
bun/creatinine ratio 18

Just a quick update with my most recent blood test results.

PSA 1.0
bun 8
albumin 4.4
bun/creatinine ratio 8
creatinine 1.05

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
I didn't read all the posts, but most of them. PSA scores are worthless for the most part. Every recent medical paper has all but slam dunked the PSA score as an unreliable detection method for screening for cancer. In fact a key government panel is set to recommend that healthy men no longer receive the PSA, or prostate specific antigen, blood test. But old habits are hard to break and it's going to take some time before the doctors stop the test. I had prostatitis also so I'm keenly sensitive to discussions on PSA and the prostrate. Millions of men across the nation are in a state of panic because their PSA is 4.2 or something like that. An elevated PSA score does not have anything to do with cancer. It may, but there are so many other, more common reasons for the prostrate to become enlarged. Again, the medical community at large will be slow to come around, but they will eventually.