high DHEA help

machine8bit

Awards
Hi.
I'm 20. When Ive done blood test I found out that i ve elvated DHEA. I ve done DHEA test twice, results: 29.1 ng/ml ; 32.3 ng/ml when norm is like 1.4-12.5 ng/ml. I also have CT and my adrenals are fine. I'm alse suffering from vitiligo, excess sweating and acne.
Other blood results:
Cortizol: 345 (138 - 690) nmol/l (morning)

Testosterone: 13.9 (9.36 - 60) nmol/l

Androstendione: 3.9 (0.5 - 4.8) ng/ml

TSH: 1.77 (0.4 - 4.00)

Other tests are fine but that DHEA...Do you know what does it mean? What can cause so elevated DHEA when other adrenal hormones are OK? thanks.

health4life24

Awards
You need to post all lab work to get a better picture of what's going on. Of importance, where's your progesterone at? If you have progesterone that is elevated, it could be an indication that you are having issues down that particular hormonal pathway mostly adrenal hormone related. Typically, high progesterone & dhea are red flags for some form of adrenal disorder.

Your symptoms sound mostly adrenal related from the little information you posted, especially if you are experiencing vertigo. Your cortisol can still be in normal range on a blood test, but later in day could be out of range. You need to access testing cortisol through saliva (4x) throughout day to get a better picture. I'm going through the same thing with my adrenals. Lifestyle, stress, diet, environmental factors, and genetics of course all come into play.

Your Test number looks way low for your age also. Your low test number could be putting stress on adrenals in order to compensate. Excess dhea is produced which then converts to testosterone if your testes aren't producing adequate levels of test . Your LH & FSH levels would give us a better indication of whether your pituitary is sending proper signaling to your testes to produce testosterone. If you have free test #, that would be more helpful that just total test also. Complete blood work would really help plus more background information. PM a poster on this board named Matrix. He has helped out allot of guys here when it comes to this kind of stuff.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
You need to post all lab work to get a better picture of what's going on. Of importance, where's your progesterone at? If you have progesterone that is elevated, it could be an indication that you are having issues down that particular hormonal pathway mostly adrenal hormone related. Typically, high progesterone & dhea are red flags for some form of adrenal disorder.

Your symptoms sound mostly adrenal related from the little information you posted, especially if you are experiencing vertigo. Your cortisol can still be in normal range on a blood test, but later in day could be out of range. You need to access testing cortisol through saliva (4x) throughout day to get a better picture. I'm going through the same thing with my adrenals. Lifestyle, stress, diet, environmental factors, and genetics of course all come into play.

Your Test number looks way low for your age also. Your low test number could be putting stress on adrenals in order to compensate. Excess dhea is produced which then converts to testosterone if your testes aren't producing adequate levels of test . Your LH & FSH levels would give us a better indication of whether your pituitary is sending proper signaling to your testes to produce testosterone. If you have free test #, that would be more helpful that just total test also. Complete blood work would really help plus more background information. PM a poster on this board named Matrix. He has helped out allot of guys here when it comes to this kind of stuff.
These are usually a sign that your body is fighting some kind of potential infections (stress response). You would be going into entering the first stage of adrenal fatigue. One needs to identify the cause of this issue. If you are an kind of adderal or similar drug then this could be result of high dhea as I have seen in previously other patience. You need more complete examination if you are in the northeast or willing to travel to a Dr that will look into the potential cause pm me and I will give you details

health4life24

Awards
These are usually a sign that your body is fighting some kind of potential infections (stress response). You would be going into entering the first stage of adrenal fatigue. One needs to identify the cause of this issue. If you are an kind of adderal or similar drug then this could be result of high dhea as I have seen in previously other patience. You need more complete examination if you are in the northeast or willing to travel to a Dr that will look into the potential cause pm me and I will give you details
Matrix, would you be able to determine if someone had some kind of infection that could be causing stress to the adrenals? Exactly how is this done? I suspect I do have some kind of toxicity because I get a white/yellowish coating on my tongue & ear wax buildup. Who knows, could be so many different things. I also have some diffuse thinning of hair towards the front of my hairline.

If adrenals are stressed due to some kind of infection, is it too late after they are very stressed? I feel like I'm at the point that I may need to get on Medrol because I sleep like half the day and I'm not even working out. I have the typically signs of adrenal fatigue like feeling achy, inflamation, vertigo, heart feels like it beats harder sometimes, ringing in ears etc. I have tried HC and it wears off so quickly. I feel good for about 45 minutes while on it.

In your opinion, could my adrenals recuperate if whatever stressor was causing inflinction was removed? I'm trying to determine if it's really my adrenals or something else that is stressing my adrenals.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Matrix, would you be able to determine if someone had some kind of infection that could be causing stress to the adrenals? Exactly how is this done? I suspect I do have some kind of toxicity because I get a white/yellowish coating on my tongue & ear wax buildup. Who knows, could be so many different things. I also have some diffuse thinning of hair towards the front of my hairline.

If adrenals are stressed due to some kind of infection, is it too late after they are very stressed? I feel like I'm at the point that I may need to get on Medrol because I sleep like half the day and I'm not even working out. I have the typically signs of adrenal fatigue like feeling achy, inflamation, vertigo, heart feels like it beats harder sometimes, ringing in ears etc. I have tried HC and it wears off so quickly. I feel good for about 45 minutes while on it.

In your opinion, could my adrenals recuperate if whatever stressor was causing inflinction was removed? I'm trying to determine if it's really my adrenals or something else that is stressing my adrenals.
If the stressor is removed and given ones age, antiooxident reserve, genetic factors it may recover, but i can not guarrantee this to anyone. Ringing in the ears could be manganese deficiency or alteration in iron metabolism. EAr wax is potentially due to fatty acid imbalance or potentually potassium deficeiny with out clincal testing one is only assuming is not the best route.

machine8bit

Awards
Thanks for replying.
I really should complete my blood test. I'm going to take progesterone, free test, LH, FSH, ACTH and cortisol through saliva(4x) and post it here. Maybe that will help explain the issue.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Hi.
I'm 20. When Ive done blood test I found out that i ve elvated DHEA. I ve done DHEA test twice, results: 29.1 ng/ml ; 32.3 ng/ml when norm is like 1.4-12.5 ng/ml. I also have CT and my adrenals are fine.

You should ask for DHEAs (DHEA Sulfate)

DHEAs level is steady thruout the day, DHEA level varies.

You may want to read little bit on that in DHEAs test description, here:

http://www.questdiagnostics.com/hcp/testmenu/jsp/showTestMenu.jsp?fn=402X.html&labCode=SJC

======================================
DHEAS is secreted into the bloodstream at a rate only
somewhat greater than DHEA, but because of its much slower
turnover (DHEAS has a half-life of nearly a full day), it
maintains a serum level almost a thousand-fold higher.
Unlike cortisol, DHEAS does not exhibit significant diurnal
variation. Unlike testosterone, it does not circulate bound
to SHBG and hence is not influenced by alterations in the
level of this carrier protein. Its abundance, together with
its witin-day and day-to-day stability, makes it an
excellent direct indicator of adrenal androgen output -
superior to the measurement of urinary 17-ketosteroids.

Sports38

Awards
I just got labs back and also have high DHEA results. Diagnosted with pituitary microadenoma about 2 years ago and medicated to help control. Due to low testosterone levels have been receiving 150mg injections of testosterone 1 x per week since February. Very tired all the time. The flags on my recent labs are: bilirubin, total 1.6mg, LH <0.3 mIU, FSH <1.0 mIU, DHEA 1407 ng/dl, Prolactin 1.8 ng/ml, Sex horm binding glob, serum 11 nmo1. Other result, Testosterone, serum 395 ng for 20 yr old is considered low. Any ideas why the DHEA is so high?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I just got labs back and also have high DHEA results. Diagnosted with pituitary microadenoma about 2 years ago and medicated to help control. Due to low testosterone levels have been receiving 150mg injections of testosterone 1 x per week since February. Very tired all the time. The flags on my recent labs are: bilirubin, total 1.6mg, LH <0.3 mIU, FSH <1.0 mIU, DHEA 1407 ng/dl, Prolactin 1.8 ng/ml, Sex horm binding glob, serum 11 nmo1. Other result, Testosterone, serum 395 ng for 20 yr old is considered low. Any ideas why the DHEA is so high?
With high bilirubin I be looking at gilberts syndrome and have it ruled out..

machine8bit

Awards
Hi again, i ve finally done my blood tests:
LH: 4.09 mIU/ml (1.14 - 8.75)
ACTH: 31.30 pg/ml (max:46.00)
PRL: 181.0 mIU/l (53.0 - 360.0 )

Progesterone: 0.40 ng/ml (0.27-0.90)
Total test: 13.9 nmol/l (9.36 - 60)
Free test: 11.8 pg/ml (8.9 - 42.5)
Androstenedione: 3.8 ng/ml (0.5 - 4.8)

Bilirubin total 0.52mg

DHEA-S: 264.0 ug/dl (80.0 - 560.0)
DHEA: 27.8 ng/ml (1.4-12.5)

Everything looks fine although test/ftest seems low to me.(I'm 20). So i ve no clue why my DHEA is so elevated. Should I increase my f-test? What is average free and total test level for 20year-old?

Sports38, have you taken tests injections with total test 395ng ? I also feel tired and have total test 400ng. I also have low test and elevated DHEA..maybe they are connected somehow.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Hi again, i ve finally done my blood tests:
LH: 4.09 mIU/ml (1.14 - 8.75)
ACTH: 31.30 pg/ml (max:46.00)
PRL: 181.0 mIU/l (53.0 - 360.0 )

Progesterone: 0.40 ng/ml (0.27-0.90)
Total test: 13.9 nmol/l (9.36 - 60)
Free test: 11.8 pg/ml (8.9 - 42.5)
Androstenedione: 3.8 ng/ml (0.5 - 4.8)

Bilirubin total 0.52mg

DHEA-S: 264.0 ug/dl (80.0 - 560.0)
DHEA: 27.8 ng/ml (1.4-12.5)

Everything looks fine although test/ftest seems low to me.(I'm 20). So i ve no clue why my DHEA is so elevated. Should I increase my f-test? What is average free and total test level for 20year-old?

Sports38, have you took tests injections with total test 395ng ? I also feel tired and have total test 400ng. I also have low test and elevated DHEA..maybe they are connected somehow.
Dhea is not valid test only use dhea-s is what you want
How is your diet low in fat or the wrong combination are you over traning and under eating? have you been under emotional stress or fighting an infection.Where are you located ?

machine8bit

Awards
How is your diet low in fat or the wrong combination are you over traning and under eating? have you been under emotional stress or fighting an infection.Where are you located ?
I'm not on any special diet. Eating properly. No vegetarian..Maybe there is some kind of stress because I've moved to another city this year but not feeling really stressed about it. I'm from central Europe, Poland.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
I've had ringing in my ears since a child. Could it be that I've had a manganese deficiency all this time? I'll have to try a supplement and see if it helps.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I've had ringing in my ears since a child. Could it be that I've had a manganese deficiency all this time? I'll have to try a supplement and see if it helps.
Rather than blindly supplementing,
do Hair Analysis.
You will have your profile of good and bad elements.

At Genova Diagnostics, it is under $50.
I do it at about once a year there.
Elemental Analysis, Hair

http://www.genovadiagnostics.com/index.php?option=com_gpanel&Itemid=2&task=view&nav=test&id=142

ANALYTE LIST:

Aluminum
Nickel
Rubidium
Thallium
TinUranium
Calcium
Cobalt
Copper
Iron
Lithium
Magnesium
Strontium
Sulfur
Vanadium
Zinc
Antimony
Barium
Bismuth
Mercury
Boron
Cromium
Manganese
Molybdnium
Phosphorous

sl88er

Awards
Hi.
I'm 20. When Ive done blood test I found out that i ve elvated DHEA. I ve done DHEA test twice, results: 29.1 ng/ml ; 32.3 ng/ml when norm is like 1.4-12.5 ng/ml. I also have CT and my adrenals are fine. I'm alse suffering from vitiligo, excess sweating and acne.
Other blood results:
Cortizol: 345 (138 - 690) nmol/l (morning)

Testosterone: 13.9 (9.36 - 60) nmol/l

Androstendione: 3.9 (0.5 - 4.8) ng/ml

TSH: 1.77 (0.4 - 4.00)

Other tests are fine but that DHEA...Do you know what does it mean? What can cause so elevated DHEA when other adrenal hormones are OK? thanks.

Im struggling similar problem, elevated DHEA 26 pg/ml (reference 1,5-12,5) with normal DHEAs 305 (150-450 ), low free testosterone and undetectable free estriol

and as well have Vitiligo, your post is from 2009 so maybe you solve your problem, but I have found some connection beetwen low free testosterone and Vitiligo and it is ceruloplasmin protein... so you should check as well ceruloplasmin and estroges which have very strong positive effect on ceruloplasmin... but mostly estrogens... secondly cortisol can contribute to lowered ceruloplasmin... and low ceruloplasmin can contribute to elevated free copper which can be resaons of elevated free DHEA

I dont know what is origins of your problems but in my case I will bet it was methadienone, after that first depigmentation appear... I dont have done any PCT...

My theory is that testoteron which is normaly synthetised in testies is in some people replaced with testosterone forom adrenalglands... It cause elevated androstendione, DHEA, possibly cortisol, so on...

I will try to use some HCG to see how it works...

Do you have used some steroids ...?