trouble sleeping

1. Registered User
    Answers

trouble sleeping

i have not been able to sleep since friday night. On friday i slept for about 2 hours, then saturday maybe 3 hours, and now last night i slept for probably an hour...

I am dead tired and feel like CRAP.

Last Monday(one week ago) I started taking nolvadex to try and restart my HPTA, i also started taking 10mg hydrcort(mornings) since the doc suspected i might have adrenal fatigue. Could these be the cause?

Can anyone give me some tips here. I have to sleep tonight. I am like a zombie right now, i have exams and papers due, ahhhh. I seriously need to sleep.

2. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Troymm View Post
    i have not been able to sleep since friday night. On friday i slept for about 2 hours, then saturday maybe 3 hours, and now last night i slept for probably an hour...

I am dead tired and feel like CRAP.

Last Monday(one week ago) I started taking nolvadex to try and restart my HPTA, i also started taking 10mg hydrcort(mornings) since the doc suspected i might have adrenal fatigue. Could these be the cause?

Can anyone give me some tips here. I have to sleep tonight. I am like a zombie right now, i have exams and papers due, ahhhh. I seriously need to sleep.
    You got to many variables going on. Dr's should add one thing in at atime other wise you will not know what is working or not. Most likely you may be getting an estrogen binding effect from the nolvadex. 10 mgs in the morning and nothing else during the day time is a crack**** pot way of playing guessing games. Your dr suspected adrenals (no clincal testing to verifying) I would look for a new dr thats for sure. I'll be damned if Any one playing russian roulette with my health.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    You got to many variables going on. Dr's should add one thing in at atime other wise you will not know what is working or not. Most likely you may be getting an estrogen binding effect from the nolvadex. 10 mgs in the morning and nothing else during the day time is a crack**** pot way of playing guessing games. Your dr suspected adrenals (no clincal testing to verifying) I would look for a new dr thats for sure. I'll be damned if Any one playing russian roulette with my health.

something in my lab work made him suspect adrenals.

he's a good doc so i think he knows what he's doing.

i seriously have to sleep tonight. i' a zombie right now.

i'm wondering if its the meds or not...
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Answers

post your labs w/ ranges. adrenals are a primary suspect with sleeping issues
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

Can you explain that a bit further please and how does that affect sleep?

thanks
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    Can you explain that a bit further please and how does that affect sleep?

thanks
    Low cortisol gets replaced by adrenaline burst at night time which results in staring at the cieling all night. Just the opposite can happen you get a cortisol surge at night time from high cortisol from low melatonin. Simple solution GET SOME FREAKEN SUN to reset your daylight night pattern. Some simple lifestyle adjustements or few OTC supplementation recommendation should all that be needed to correct this issue. Upping vitamin D to 5,000 -10,000 ius may all that is needed (again it goes back to lifestyle and or cave like habits(
    Every ones case is individualized so what works for one may not work or poison some one else.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

Low cortisol gets replaced by adrenaline burst at night time which results in staring at the cieling all night. Just the opposite can happen you get a cortisol surge at night time from high cortisol from low melatonin. Simple solution GET SOME FREAKEN SUN to reset your daylight night pattern. Some simple lifestyle adjustements or few OTC supplementation recommendation should all that be needed to correct this issue. Upping vitamin D to 5,000 -10,000 ius may all that is needed (again it goes back to lifestyle and or cave like habits(
    Every ones case is individualized so what works for one may not work or poison some one else.
    Youve lost me , you made reference to estrogen in your previous post and now you talk about low cortisol .Seeing you mention low cortisol , i do take 300 mg of phosphytidalserine everyday so could this have an impact?

I still would like to know more about the low estrogen connection with bad sleeping

Thanks
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    Youve lost me , you made reference to estrogen in your previous post and now you talk about low cortisol .Seeing you mention low cortisol , i do take 300 mg of phosphytidalserine everyday so could this have an impact?

I still would like to know more about the low estrogen connection with bad sleeping

Thanks
    Estrogen high or low can cause alterations in your neurotransmitters that affect your sleep patterns. Estrodial can also affect the other cascade of hormones such as testoserone, and adrenal, thyroid out put which all effect your sleep. it all becomes one vicious cycle when there is a brake or a kink in the chain. PS may be counterproductive if you have low cortisol since it suppresses it. You need to have proper assessments in order to see the whole clincal picture. That is why a 24 hour cortisol salvia is a good diagnostic tool other then 24 urine because it shows points in time vs the entire picture. Cortisol is one tricky bitch because high and low symptoms are the same. When you have morning low, noon high afternoon low night high they all equal out to an average reading.

Number one reason I find in my cleints that can not sleep is they got the computer in the same room where they sleep that is hooked up to cable modem all night long. They also have the cell phone charging next to their head while they sleep just in case people may call them. All this does is disturb electromagnetic fields in the body altering melatonin production in the body causing a surge of cortisol and reduction in both serotonin and melatonin. You are also increasing your chances of hormonal imbalances as well as cancer.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

Estrogen high or low can cause alterations in your neurotransmitters that affect your sleep patterns. Estrodial can also affect the other cascade of hormones such as testoserone, and adrenal, thyroid out put which all effect your sleep. it all becomes one vicious cycle when there is a brake or a kink in the chain. PS may be counterproductive if you have low cortisol since it suppresses it. You need to have proper assessments in order to see the whole clincal picture. That is why a 24 hour cortisol salvia is a good diagnostic tool other then 24 urine because it shows points in time vs the entire picture. Cortisol is one tricky bitch because high and low symptoms are the same. When you have morning low, noon high afternoon low night high they all equal out to an average reading.

Number one reason I find in my cleints that can not sleep is they got the computer in the same room where they sleep that is hooked up to cable modem all night long. They also have the cell phone charging next to their head while they sleep just in case people may call them. All this does is disturb electromagnetic fields in the body altering melatonin production in the body causing a surge of cortisol and reduction in both serotonin and melatonin. You are also increasing your chances of hormonal imbalances as well as cancer.

Not guilty on both counts.

My problem is that i can fall asleep and wake up feeling refreshed after 2 /3 hours sleep and its only 2 oclock in the morning. Usually i get up , maybe prepare breakfast, go on the comp for an hour , take a calcium tablet and drink warm milk .I find the computer makes my eyes tired after a while so this helps to get back to sleep.I also splash lavender oil on the pillow ,

I will say though , that although my sleep is disturbed, im never tired throughout the day, yawn very very rarely, and go to the gym regularly
  10. Registered User
    Answers

definitely feeling the up all night staring at the ceiling from a burst of energy come night. For the last 3 years I haven't really been able to sleep and for even longer, I seem to get my biggest burst of energy as soon as I go horizontal. Any quick suggestions. Thanks again Marrix- am working on getting the blood work in the next two weeks.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Answers

In the mean time, try some Phosphatidylserine, up to 4000mg before bed. It helps to lower cortisol.
  12. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by LeanGuy View Post
    In the mean time, try some Phosphatidylserine, up to 4000mg before bed. It helps to lower cortisol.
    PS may be counter productive..majority 99% of peoples cortisol levels are low before bed time because they have been in exhausted phase for a long tme with out knowing it. Get coritosl salvia to verify before supplementing.
  13. 314
    Answers

i have the same problem, hope we find something
  14. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 314 View Post
    i have the same problem, hope we find something
    24 hour salvia cortisol test with possible neurotransmiter urine panel would be the proper way to evaluate this
  15. Registered User
    Answers

I have insomnia worse than ever.

Is there any prescription that will at least allow me to get some rest?

Most nights lately, I do not get to sleep before 5 am.
  16. 314
    Answers

Matrix can you help, me out with these tests or point me in the right direction? I'd be willing to do what it take to nip it in the bud.
  17. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 314 View Post
    Matrix can you help, me out with these tests or point me in the right direction? I'd be willing to do what it take to nip it in the bud.
    PM me and I may be able to assist.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Trouble sleeping on trt
    By 3djedi in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-29-2013, 03:48 PM
  2. Trouble Sleeping on OEP?
    By FlawedGrunt in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-16-2010, 01:14 PM
  3. Trouble Sleeping on Prime?
    By b9cist in forum Supplements