TSH is 8, 6 weeks after extended T3 run.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Okay guys, bear with me here.

I just had a pre-op physical and found my TSH was 8 (normal range is .3-3.0) so I am in a hypothyroidic state (although my T3 and T4 seem to be in range). I'm lying in bed after knee surgery (yes, again) and I probably won't be returning to the doctor for about 10-14 days. He wants to repeat the test to confirm these results [and put me on meds].

I have always responded quite well to any T3, but I no longer 'trust' the research chems [for my rat] nor the sketchy stuff from south of the border. The formerly produced Cytomel 25mg (Grossman) was great, but it's replacement is absolute garbage.

This is after a 18-24 month run, with various doses of T3 - as high as 75mcg and as low as 25mcg. I don't have the links but hundreds of PubMed studies exist saying that the thyroid rebounds, albeit slowly, for patients that have been on T3 for up to 30 years. I have not 'blown out' my thyroid (that is a myth) and while my TSH is low... those with inactive thyroids have a TSH over 105. Many athletes and bodybuilders use T3 year round, so please - please provide a thoughtful response and refrain from name calling. :)

In the meantime, I am mega-dosing a Thyroid Supplement (iodine, l-tyrosine, all that good stuff) to hopefully get it kicking more again.

I didn't expect my TSH to be in the normal range, however, the symptoms of hypothyroidism have been BRUTAL. Tons of hairloss, dry skin, crazy anxiety, etc. This is also during a period of withdrawal from Wellbutrin [which I did not need in the first place] which I had been on at 100mg for 3 months (not too bad). Somehow I've stayed 225lbs at about 10% BF and the strength was through the roof before the knee operation. But I want to get this taken of ASAP.

Do you have any suggestions? Should I take the doctor up on Thyroid med in 2 weeks? I almost rather restore it on it's own... but this, AS EXPECTED, has been pretty slow.

Thank you guys in advance
Deo59

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
You'll get a better response if you post your actual lab values, with ranges. Hopefully you have labs for Free T3 and Reverse T3.

BALifter

BALifter

Awards
Post up both free and reverse with ranges.