Best treatment options for low serum testosterone?

spiro

Awards
When you've got low serum T then what kind of options do you basically have?
I have the impression that the urologists will either offer you T-gel or T-injections and that's it. But T-gel sucks as far I know and T-injections will most likely work but what about the risk of aromatization? Do they even consider this? Or do they not know enough about hormones?
Endocrinologists know more but they are so arrogant, I won't ever go to an endo again.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
When you've got low serum T then what kind of options do you basically have?
I have the impression that the urologists will either offer you T-gel or T-injections and that's it. But T-gel sucks as far I know and T-injections will most likely work but what about the risk of aromatization? Do they even consider this? Or do they not know enough about hormones?
Endocrinologists know more but they are so arrogant, I won't ever go to an endo again.
rule out other factors before jumping on trt band wagon.

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
rule out other factors before jumping on trt band wagon.
Such as?

The ones I know:

Testicular cancer
Thyroid problems
pituitary problems
adrenal problems
sleep apnea
Blood flow issues
heavy metal toxicity
diabetes
aids
diet

What else do you suggest?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Such as?

The ones I know:

Testicular cancer
Thyroid problems
pituitary problems
adrenal problems
sleep apnea
Blood flow issues
heavy metal toxicity
diabetes
aids
diet

What else do you suggest?
Gut and intestinal imbalancs
liver pathways jamed up

The main things I focus on when dealing with people
1. Sleep
2. Source of stress - biological environental,emotional, spirtual
3. liver imbalance
4. integretity of inner terrain.
5. brain
6. nutrition
7. proper nutrient ratios
8. adrenals, thyroid , sex hormones

dr's should address each one to rule out.
Few people that have been on antidepressants for years are now off because the source of the problem was found. SRRI are bandaids for other issues. Working in the field of psychology and with psychotherapist as clients themselves are starting to see this. No matter how much talk therapy is done if the bodys resistance or ability to cope with the stress is not restored it people will never get better. There was a study conducted with people with psychological issue and over 80-90% of them where found to have adrenal and thyroid related issues. If that does not wake up psychologist and shrinks I do not know what will. For some people SSRI are essential but majority of them are just a bandaid holding them to gether from breaking due to they biologically are not fit to handle it. By cousneling psychologist and psychotherapist in this it will open alot of door to less unnecessary meds that will be used

spiro

Awards
I think in my case it's genetic.
I have always been physically weak even when I was only 10 years old.
Also got a lot of flus back then. And over the years I always had a suspicion that something is not right. I was basically always the weakest kid when it came to sports in school. My stamina also sucks.
Then a few years ago I saw a documentary on BBC about the correlation between ringfinger length and testosterone. I found out that usually in men the ringfinger is supposed to be longer and the indexfinger. Not in my case. In my case it's shorter on both hands + the finger itself also is thinner than the other fingers and looks more fragile. After finding out about this I got my testosterone measured and guess what, it was at the lower end of the normal range. After that I went to various endocrinologist and told them about my concerns, about my physical weakness, the ringerfinger stuff, about me having a feminine fat distribution pattern and so on but they didn't care and said that as long as I'm in the normal range everything is normal.
I also tried tribulus a few times and it did nothing for me.
I've had several blood works done and in all cases LH was low, serum T was low, too, and SHGB was also low giving me free T levels in the middle of the normal range. So basically I have low serum T and middle free T but it doesn't really seem to help me very much because I'm weak and have very little muscle mass.
I had thyroid hormones tested various times and they told me that they're normal but I don't know if that's true because my t-levels are also normal according to them.

My doctors are already getting on my nuts about me being too light for my height and needing to eat more but what they don't realize is that eating more will only make me fatter cause I'm already skinny fat. They only see that I'm skinny and think eating more will make me "healthier". That's simply foolish. Putting on more fat in order to reach a normal weight will not make me healthier at all.

Basically the endocrinologists I've been to refute to help me in any way.
The urologists I've been to had not much knowledge of endocrinology and they offered me testosterone gel, but I don't know if this would help me or not. They basically left it up to me to decide wether I want to try it or not but I read that testosterone gel doesn't work that well.
I'm also concerned about my cardiovascular system because low T is supposed to be unhealthy for the heart.
The problem is that the doctors aren't really encouraging me to do something and I don't have to balls to just try something on my own. I'm concerned about messing up my endocrine system or becoming bald or getting a gyno. After all injecting testosterone alone might also not be the solution because if the testosterone is converted into estrogen then I also needed an e-blocker and then I not only have to take testosterone but also an e-blocker and I don't think that any urologist is willing to make a great act out of this. At best they will prescribe t-gel and that's it. But I don't think they'll go any further because they don't know enough about it. Endocrinologists who know more about it on the other hand are arrogant and unwilling to help.

Dath

Awards
Spiro, have you tried anything natural for your problem? A good, high quality Maca extract would be very healing and nourishing for your endocrine system. A company called Pure Herbs makes a very good Maca extract. Do you have adrenal problems? There is a very good product for the adrenals called Adrenal Rebuilder by Future Formulations. It contains a proprietary blend of adrenal, gonad, pituitary and hypothalamus processed to remove hormones. It's formulated by Dr. Wilson, the guy who wrote the adrenal fatigue book. These 2 products should help you start to feel better. You could also look at trying some of the authentic Tongkat Ali that comes from Sumatra Pasak Bumi. There's a guy in New Jersey who sells the real stuff and his price is cheap.

BALifter

BALifter

Awards
Every physician is different in his/her practice or outlook on TRT. But most follow the same guidelines. First try to find the problem. If no problem is found, other than just naturally low testosterone levels, start androgel. If androgel doesn't get you in the normal range, start 150mg testosterone cyp every other week.

You will end up getting a lot of bloodwork during this process.

spiro

Awards
@ oath

I only tried tribulus a few times and also fenugreek. Both did nothing for me. I don't know if I have adrenal fatigue. How do you know if you have it? Does this mean that certain hormones will be too high or too low?

@ BALifter

My urologist was only willing to perscribe me t-gel and he also wanted to use this as a cycle and not permanent. The stuff he told me sounded very unconvincing and didn't make much sense. He assumed that doing a t-gel cycle would basically make my balls produce more testosterone after the cycle. This makes no sense. He also said that there might be some cells in my balls which are suppressed and he thought that doing a cycle would jump start them. But actually doing a cycle would suppress the balls even more and after stopping the own production would be even lower.
That's the problem with urologists. They are more open than endocrinologists but they do not know very much and because of this they also won't experiment and only do the standard stuff.
I also don't think that I could inject myself every week and going to the doctor every week for a shot is also annoying.
And there are also other problems for example what would I do if the extra testosterone is converted into estrogen and I get a gyno? Or what if I start losing my hair? This definitely wouldnt be worth it. Being bald would be even more depressing than having low-T. I just don't know if that's worth the risk.
And I also don't want to turn into a walking pharmacy and inject testosterone and then also take finasteride to keep my hair and maybe also an estrogen blocker to prevent a gyno. I don't know if taking so much stuff would be healthy and if my doc would even prescribe all these things.

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
@ oath

I only tried tribulus a few times and also fenugreek. Both did nothing for me. I don't know if I have adrenal fatigue. How do you know if you have it? Does this mean that certain hormones will be too high or too low?

@ BALifter

My urologist was only willing to perscribe me t-gel and he also wanted to use this as a cycle and not permanent. The stuff he told me sounded very unconvincing and didn't make much sense. He assumed that doing a t-gel cycle would basically make my balls produce more testosterone after the cycle. This makes no sense. He also said that there might be some cells in my balls which are suppressed and he thought that doing a cycle would jump start them. But actually doing a cycle would suppress the balls even more and after stopping the own production would be even lower.
That's the problem with urologists. They are more open than endocrinologists but they do not know very much and because of this they also won't experiment and only do the standard stuff.
I also don't think that I could inject myself every week and going to the doctor every week for a shot is also annoying.
And there are also other problems for example what would I do if the extra testosterone is converted into estrogen and I get a gyno? Or what if I start losing my hair? This definitely wouldnt be worth it. Being bald would be even more depressing than having low-T. I just don't know if that's worth the risk.
And I also don't want to turn into a walking pharmacy and inject testosterone and then also take finasteride to keep my hair and maybe also an estrogen blocker to prevent a gyno. I don't know if taking so much stuff would be healthy and if my doc would even prescribe all these things.
Yeah youre right that would shut your balls down even further. If you had a shot at jumpstarting your balls to make testosterone it would be with HCG not TRT.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've had several blood works done and in all cases LH was low, serum T was low, too, and SHGB was also low giving me free T levels in the middle of the normal range. So basically I have low serum T and middle free T but it doesn't really seem to help me very much because I'm weak and have very little muscle mass.
I had thyroid hormones tested various times and they told me that they're normal but I don't know if that's true because my t-levels are also normal according to them.
honestly, all of that sounds ok. Free T in the middle of range is what you want, serum T alone is a low value measure. The thing you haven't mentioned about your muscle mass is how you eat, and whether you work out at all.
My doctors are already getting on my nuts about me being too light for my height and needing to eat more but what they don't realize is that eating more will only make me fatter cause I'm already skinny fat. They only see that I'm skinny and think eating more will make me "healthier". That's simply foolish. Putting on more fat in order to reach a normal weight will not make me healthier at all.
this is only true if you do no physical activity. If you work out, it wont.
I'm also concerned about my cardiovascular system because low T is supposed to be unhealthy for the heart.
but your T isn't low, its in normal range.

The problem is that the doctors aren't really encouraging me to do something and I don't have to balls to just try something on my own. I'm concerned about messing up my endocrine system or becoming bald or getting a gyno. After all injecting testosterone alone might also not be the solution because if the testosterone is converted into estrogen then I also needed an e-blocker and then I not only have to take testosterone but also an e-blocker and I don't think that any urologist is willing to make a great act out of this. At best they will prescribe t-gel and that's it. But I don't think they'll go any further because they don't know enough about it. Endocrinologists who know more about it on the other hand are arrogant and unwilling to help.
Give us a day or two worth of your diet, be specific as you can to amounts of food as well as which foods. also tell us about your workout routine.

spiro

Awards
Hi!
At the moment I don't work out. I also don't eat well at the moment. I eat a lot of unhealthy stuff because I can't get myself to eat better. Last year I ate clean and used a lot of protein powder and tried to do it as good as I could and still didn't gain much. My appearance didn't change. I could improve on a few exercises but nothing more.
I also had times where I wanted to gain mass and ate a lot when I was working out and gained mostly fat.
What basically proves to me that something's wrong is my lack of muscle mass. I can't even do 2 push ups. Do you know this skinny guy from "Road Trip"? I have a body like him the only difference is that he at least has low bodyfat while I'm skinny fat. Having so little muscle mass simply isn't normal and even if my free testosterone is in the middle of the normal range then it still doesn't mean that everything's ok because in the end what matters is that I'm skinny fat and have hardly any strength. I already noticed this back in school that I sucked at sports and couldn't do things which others could.

I also don't need many calories. I think I don't need more than 2000 calories. If I eat more than that I put on fat. I'm around 6 feet and weigh like 170lbs which is already too little but at the same time I have a lot of fat and very little muscle mass. My doc simply sees that I weigh too little and tells me to eat more but he's got no clue. He thinks that eating more and gaining more fat in order to weigh more makes me healthier. That's ridiculous.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Hi!
At the moment I don't work out. I also don't eat well at the moment. I eat a lot of unhealthy stuff because I can't get myself to eat better. Last year I ate clean and used a lot of protein powder and tried to do it as good as I could and still didn't gain much. My appearance didn't change. I could improve on a few exercises but nothing more.
I also had times where I wanted to gain mass and ate a lot when I was working out and gained mostly fat.
What basically proves to me that something's wrong is my lack of muscle mass. I can't even do 2 push ups. Do you know this skinny guy from "Road Trip"? I have a body like him the only difference is that he at least has low bodyfat while I'm skinny fat. Having so little muscle mass simply isn't normal and even if my free testosterone is in the middle of the normal range then it still doesn't mean that everything's ok because in the end what matters is that I'm skinny fat and have hardly any strength. I already noticed this back in school that I sucked at sports and couldn't do things which others could.

I also don't need many calories. I think I don't need more than 2000 calories. If I eat more than that I put on fat. I'm around 6 feet and weigh like 170lbs which is already too little but at the same time I have a lot of fat and very little muscle mass. My doc simply sees that I weigh too little and tells me to eat more but he's got no clue. He thinks that eating more and gaining more fat in order to weigh more makes me healthier. That's ridiculous.
If you are located in the northeast usa I may be able to guide you on what your next step is. PM me. Who ever is working with you TRT does not know the difference from the ass from a hole in the wall. Trust me I have put top endos of major universities in their places when it comes to this stuff because they are not giving proper treatment like they should. "they are the experts"