Cortisone injections

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So I went to the dermatoligist today to get this hcg-induced bacne looked at, and the dr immediately gave me about 8 small shots of cortisone into my back, and then handed me a few prescriptions to try.

Thing is, I am doing a saliva test this week, to test cortisol/dhea, etc. Will these shots effect my systemic cortisol readings if I do the saliva test tomorrow? Tomorrow night is when I should be doing another shot of hcg, so I wanted to do my 4x saliva test throughout the day before I took the shot at night. Should I wait a while to get a proper reading?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
So I went to the dermatoligist today to get this hcg-induced bacne looked at, and the dr immediately gave me about 8 small shots of cortisone into my back, and then handed me a few prescriptions to try.

Thing is, I am doing a saliva test this week, to test cortisol/dhea, etc. Will these shots effect my systemic cortisol readings if I do the saliva test tomorrow? Tomorrow night is when I should be doing another shot of hcg, so I wanted to do my 4x saliva test throughout the day before I took the shot at night. Should I wait a while to get a proper reading?
Yes it has the potential too ...i recommend 2 weeks off from any kind of steroid before testing ..Why risk the chance?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
True, guess I will have to wait again. Sucks, I've been planning on getting this test for a while now.

1 more question for anyone reading this: How CATABOLIC is Doryx? (doxycycline, which is a type of tetracycline).

I was given a prescription of this to try, before moving onto accutane....but I just read that it is anti-anabolic. This sucks. It's only for 4 weeks though...but still...sucks...I've been training/recomping lately and trying to make some progress..looks like I'm about to lose some muscle while trying to recomp..ffs

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just found my answer:

Both doxycycline and minocycline are eliminated mainly in bile and are safer in patients with renal impairment. They are less inclined to chelate cations than other tetracyclines and may, if necessary, be taken with food. (this means I can keep taking my mineral supps)

Doxycycline appears to be less hepatotoxic and to have fewer catabolic effects than the older tetracyclines.

------------------------------------------

Guess that's ok then...