Low test...what do I do?

RavensFan2k3

Awards
I got my most recent results back...and these are by far the lowest. The highest my total test ever was, was in the high 400s. Anyway, there they are...

Total Testosterone
277 ng/dL
Ref. Range 250-1100 ng/dL

Free Testosterone
1.56%
Ref. Range 1.50-2.20%

43.2 pg/mL
Ref. Range 35.0-155.5 pg/mL

Estradiol
40 pg/mL
Ref. Range 13-54 pg/mL

Prolactin
10.7 ng/mL
Ref. Range 2.0-18.0 ng/mL

TSH
2.01 mIU/L
Ref. Range 0.50-4.30 mIU/L

Total HCG
<2 mIU/mL
Ref. Range <5 mIU/mL

LH
4.1 mIU/mL
Ref. Range 1.5-9.3 mIU/mL

FSH
6.7 mIU/mL
Ref. Range 1.6-8.0 mIU/mL

Is free testosterone more important than total testosterone? If so...how much more important? Anyway...what do I do? The worst part about this is that I'm only 19 years old!!! I really dont know what to do.

DT5

Awards
  • Established
see an endo. a hrt clinic will not deal to a 19 year old (which sucks, but they have to cover their ass). see an endo first

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
If you are located in the north east i can recommend one pm me with details.

RavensFan2k3

Awards
If you are located in the north east i can recommend one pm me with details.
I'm fron Baltimore, MD. But I go to school in Washington DC. I guess I'm at the very bottom of the Northeast. PM me the details...

engival

Awards
  • Established
you deffinitly need treatment... you need help Raven, dont let it go any further... take action

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
the first thing i would do is to get a test booster, like hyperdrolx2 , DTH , or T-911 . if you can get away without TRT at your age, you're better off. if its unavoidable, you're still better off with TRT than without. just my opinion though.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Try natty test booster, can you get these tests easily?

RavensFan2k3

Awards
you deffinitly need treatment... you need help Raven, dont let it go any further... take action
Yes, I know...I'm trying

the first thing i would do is to get a test booster, like hyperdrolx2 , DTH , or T-911 . if you can get away without TRT at your age, you're better off. if its unavoidable, you're still better off with TRT than without. just my opinion though.
Should I be taking them if I'm going to be seeing a doctor? Should I just get off everything if I'm going to be seeing a doctor?

Try natty test booster, can you get these tests easily?
No, tests are the hardest things to get. I've gotten 3 tests total...all from different doctors tho.

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
I have a similar thread to this that I started the other day. I'm 24 and my total level is at 270 as well. I will post my lab results in this thread and let you know what my urologist plans to do. I had to use TRT when I was about 16 or so and then I went off of it and my natural level 6 months after being off of TRT was at 700. Now my level has dropped back down.

RavensFan2k3

Awards
Get kisspeptin.

Definitely works!

BL
What exactly is it? And how do I get a hold of it?

I have a similar thread to this that I started the other day. I'm 24 and my total level is at 270 as well. I will post my lab results in this thread and let you know what my urologist plans to do. I had to use TRT when I was about 16 or so and then I went off of it and my natural level 6 months after being off of TRT was at 700. Now my level has dropped back down.
You were on TRT at 16? Wow...how did that happen?

biglibido

Awards
Google is your friend.

But save some of your time:

Kisspeptin-54 Stimulates the Hypothalamic-Pituitary Gonadal Axis in Human Males

Waljit S. Dhillo, Owais B. Chaudhri, Michael Patterson, Emily L. Thompson, Kevin G. Murphy, Michael K. Badman, Barbara M. McGowan, Vian Amber, Sejal Patel, Mohammad A. Ghatei and Stephen R. Bloom
Department of Metabolic Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, London W12 ONN, United Kingdom

Address all correspondence and requests for reprints to: Prof. S. R. Bloom, Department of Metabolic Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, 6th Floor Commonwealth Building, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Road, London W12 ONN, United Kingdom.

Context: Mutation of the G protein-coupled receptor 54 is associated with a failure of reproductive function. The endogenous neuropeptide agonist for G protein-coupled receptor 54, kisspeptin, potently stimulates the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis in rodents and primates.

Objective: The present study was designed to determine the effects of elevating circulating kisspeptin levels on LH, FSH, and testosterone in male volunteers.

Design: This was a double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study.

Setting: This was a hospital-based study.

Participants: Male volunteers (n = 6) were recruited.

Interventions: Each volunteer received a 90-min iv infusion of kisspeptin-54 (4 pmol/kg·min) and a control infusion of saline (0.9%) in random order.

Main Outcome Measure: Plasma LH, FSH, and testosterone concentrations were measured.

Results: Kisspeptin-54 infusion significantly increased plasma LH, FSH, and testosterone concentrations compared with saline infusion (mean 90-min LH: kisspeptin, 10.8 ± 1.5 vs. saline, 4.2 ± 0.5 U/liter, P < 0.001; mean 90-min FSH: kisspeptin, 3.9 ± 0.7 vs. saline, 3.2 ± 0.6 U/liter, P < 0.001; mean 180-min testosterone: kisspeptin, 24.9 ± 1.7 vs. saline, 21.7 ± 2.2 nmol/liter, P < 0.001). The plasma half-life of kisspeptin-54 was calculated to be 27.6 ± 1.1 min. The mean metabolic clearance rate was 3.2 ± 0.2 ml/kg·min, and the volume of distribution was 128.9 ± 12.5 ml/kg.

Conclusion: Elevation of plasma concentrations of kisspeptin in human males significantly increases circulating LH, FSH, and testosterone levels. Kisspeptin infusion provides a novel mechanism for hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis manipulation in disorders of the reproductive system.

BL

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
What exactly is it? And how do I get a hold of it?

You were on TRT at 16? Wow...how did that happen?
It was more around 17 and it was because the endo I went to was concerned that I had not started to develope yet and my levels were so low (between 100 and 200 total T). He just gave me TRT for a while to help me develope so I could produce my own and it worked, or so it seemed. When I went to get tested the other day my level is back down and at 270 total T.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
DR are morons some time and never rule out any other factors which are probably the source of the problems and low T is a symptom of the cause of this chain reactions. I have got alot of guy T levels jumpstarted up 200-300 points by just helping to identify the cause. All this voodoo supplements are all short term and loose potency after4-6 weeks then you are back to ground zero feeling like crap. Go for the cause not the effect, problem with modern medicine. I am starting to work with soldier from iraq with PSTD and through professional counseling along with lifestyle changes and proper lab work I plan on giving these guys hope for a normal life which has been taken away from them..

RavensFan2k3

Awards
DR are morons some time and never rule out any other factors which are probably the source of the problems and low T is a symptom of the cause of this chain reactions. I have got alot of guy T levels jumpstarted up 200-300 points by just helping to identify the cause. All this voodoo supplements are all short term and loose potency after4-6 weeks then you are back to ground zero feeling like crap. Go for the cause not the effect, problem with modern medicine. I am starting to work with soldier from iraq with PSTD and through professional counseling along with lifestyle changes and proper lab work I plan on giving these guys hope for a normal life which has been taken away from them..
I agree. I thought adrenal fatigue was the cause to my low testosterone based on symptoms I had. Someone told me of a protocol they saw with Isocort(or HC) and DHEA. I got on isocort and DHEA and soon after, felt better. Alot of my symptoms went away. Changes came quick, but after that, there wasnt any more changes. I was confident with getting a blood test of my hormones...only to be greatly disappointed to see my lowest total testosterone levels ever.

The Matrix, where are you located? I may want to pay a visit...everyone is telling me to come pay you a visit.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Google is your friend.

But save some of your time:

Kisspeptin-54 Stimulates the Hypothalamic-Pituitary Gonadal Axis in Human Males

Waljit S. Dhillo, Owais B. Chaudhri, Michael Patterson, Emily L. Thompson, Kevin G. Murphy, Michael K. Badman, Barbara M. McGowan, Vian Amber, Sejal Patel, Mohammad A. Ghatei and Stephen R. Bloom
Department of Metabolic Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, London W12 ONN, United Kingdom

Address all correspondence and requests for reprints to: Prof. S. R. Bloom, Department of Metabolic Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, 6th Floor Commonwealth Building, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Road, London W12 ONN, United Kingdom.

Context: Mutation of the G protein-coupled receptor 54 is associated with a failure of reproductive function. The endogenous neuropeptide agonist for G protein-coupled receptor 54, kisspeptin, potently stimulates the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis in rodents and primates.

Objective: The present study was designed to determine the effects of elevating circulating kisspeptin levels on LH, FSH, and testosterone in male volunteers.

Design: This was a double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study.

Setting: This was a hospital-based study.

Participants: Male volunteers (n = 6) were recruited.

Interventions: Each volunteer received a 90-min iv infusion of kisspeptin-54 (4 pmol/kg·min) and a control infusion of saline (0.9%) in random order.

Main Outcome Measure: Plasma LH, FSH, and testosterone concentrations were measured.

Results: Kisspeptin-54 infusion significantly increased plasma LH, FSH, and testosterone concentrations compared with saline infusion (mean 90-min LH: kisspeptin, 10.8 ± 1.5 vs. saline, 4.2 ± 0.5 U/liter, P < 0.001; mean 90-min FSH: kisspeptin, 3.9 ± 0.7 vs. saline, 3.2 ± 0.6 U/liter, P < 0.001; mean 180-min testosterone: kisspeptin, 24.9 ± 1.7 vs. saline, 21.7 ± 2.2 nmol/liter, P < 0.001). The plasma half-life of kisspeptin-54 was calculated to be 27.6 ± 1.1 min. The mean metabolic clearance rate was 3.2 ± 0.2 ml/kg·min, and the volume of distribution was 128.9 ± 12.5 ml/kg.

Conclusion: Elevation of plasma concentrations of kisspeptin in human males significantly increases circulating LH, FSH, and testosterone levels. Kisspeptin infusion provides a novel mechanism for hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis manipulation in disorders of the reproductive system.

BL
You would need to see a long term study to determine if the effects could be sustained.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
You would need to see a long term study to determine if the effects could be sustained.
I am here to offer fellow men my past experience because what seperates myself from other practioners is that I have been through this first hand from candida, heavy metal toxcity, leaky gut, low thyroid/adrenals low T, mineral imbalance these are just to name a few. I am not a Dr yet but working on my ND degree, but for now I consider my self a natural health consultant which is completely legal too do. I am not here to advertise my self in any way, but if people need help just PM me and I will provide necessary information. i am probably one of the upcoming natural healers that in a few years will change the way people view medicine. Once I get these soldiers feeling better words spreads and I hope to change how medicine is practiceed in our military. i am acutally wokring on putting lectures together where people can come to share their expereince and to pointed in the proper direction on what treatment should be. My goal is to not load people up on ton of supplement, but to educate them on lifestyle and how the choices they make in their life can impact their well being, also how nutrition is so over looked in modern medicine. Just by nutrient balancing peoples hormones can be flicked back on once the switch has been proper addressed. I have found those switches in many people with out drugs every needed.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
From what I've read (and I just did a quick google search), long term use of kisspeptin-54 causes downregulation of the HPG axis

It's probably only good for short term useage ie: in a restart situation

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
From what I've read (and I just did a quick google search), long term use of kisspeptin-54 causes downregulation of the HPG axis

It's probably only good for short term useage ie: in a restart situation
What I already mentioned above and for god sake to not use any halodrol or any other of that crap because it will shut you down further. These people that are making this suggestions are very dangerous.