HGH- what are HRT-level doses?

NewAtThis10

Awards
Scouring through various messageboards, I hear about people taking anywhere from 1iu/day to 8-10iu's/day of HGH. Obviously, the 8-10 iu's/day are bodybuilding dosages, but for the typical 40+ year-old HRT patient, what is the amount of iu's prescribed?

Also, can the enormous benefits that are advertised on the anti-aging clinic websites be realized on HRT-level dosages? In other words, they advertise huge reduction in bodyfat, increase in muscle mass, improved skin, nails, and hair, etc. Does adding HRT-level dosages to Testosterone really make that much of a difference?

Thanks a lot.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1.5-2iu
yes
yes
yes

but at prescription prices 2iu a day is close to 1k a month, and you need to be on it 3-6 months to start really seeing the best of the benefits, and it will fade some once you stop...

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My IGF levels are 167...does this level typically indicate need for treatment?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Do you know any good ones around this area? :)

I have been thinking of incorporating a GHRP-6 + Sermorelin combination protocol.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you might want to try and work with Dr Crisler at All Things Male. He's in michigan i believe but now will work in conjunction with your local doctor.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah I think I can fly cheaply into detroit and then take a bus. I have already spoken to my Dr previously about this arrangement, my Doc was willing, but I want to find a new doc to do it.

Whenever I start speaking about things that I've researched in great length, my dr looks at me like "let me do my job" but he honestly doesn't know much about these topics...so I'm looking for one who is open to suggestion and research. An open doc is hard to come by.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dr Crisler is in the top bunch of HRT doctors in US without a doubt. after this next round with my current doctor, I may try and just have my primary care doctor consult with Dr Crisler instead.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I spoke to him in the past about going in, but the thing that has held me off seeing him recently is that I have been trying hcg monotherapy, and I know he doesn't prefer this protocol.

I've tried his protocol and feel that I still get somewhat shutdown, not enough hcg, and not often enough. I will maybe ask him if he would go ahead with treating me if I stuck to hcg only for now. I have future plans for my nuts :)

Anyhow, I'm getting OT hehe

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I spoke to him in the past about going in, but the thing that has held me off seeing him recently is that I have been trying hcg monotherapy, and I know he doesn't prefer this protocol.

I've tried his protocol and feel that I still get somewhat shutdown, not enough hcg, and not often enough. I will maybe ask him if he would go ahead with treating me if I stuck to hcg only for now. I have future plans for my nuts :)

Anyhow, I'm getting OT hehe
well, which of his protocols did you try? was it the test-cyp 1x a week with hcg 1 or 2x in the middle?

i'll admit, I wish I really had the money to fork out running a bunch of different patterns for 1 month at a time, and then during the 4th week get blood tests every day for a week to see what is really going on for myself.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I tried with test 1x per week with hcg 2x in the middle. My nuts were still aching from time to time...I think this is a sign they are being shutdown. I'm not into that at all.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tried with test 1x per week with hcg 2x in the middle. My nuts were still aching from time to time...I think this is a sign they are being shutdown. I'm not into that at all.
hmm yeah, no doubt. does anyone advocate a loooooow dose hcg ED ? would seem to me like 100-150iu a day might work well for some guys

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would love to run HCG + HMG (or GNRH, which releases LH + FSH from the pituitary, a more exotic choice) alongside GHRP-6 + Sermorelin, for the next 6-7 years before switching to something more longterm + feasible /affordable.

This would be the ultimate therapy to prevent any shutdown whatsoever, and prevent any pituitary damage (if going with the GNRH), as long as Anti-GnRH antibodies aren't a risk in this form of long-term treatment.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nifty, all I can think of when I see HMG is the metabolite of leucine. I need to hunt down more info on it. well, and see if i can find GNRH pricing. ha.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hMG is pricey!!

GnRH.... I haven't seen this price available anywhere..let me know what you find if you find anything. I don't even know if it would be effective when used long term.

My guess is that GnRH is even more costly than hMG.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Scouring through various messageboards, I hear about people taking anywhere from 1iu/day to 8-10iu's/day of HGH. Obviously, the 8-10 iu's/day are bodybuilding dosages, but for the typical 40+ year-old HRT patient, what is the amount of iu's prescribed?

Also, can the enormous benefits that are advertised on the anti-aging clinic websites be realized on HRT-level dosages? In other words, they advertise huge reduction in bodyfat, increase in muscle mass, improved skin, nails, and hair, etc. Does adding HRT-level dosages to Testosterone really make that much of a difference?

Thanks a lot.
Your IGF-1 response will be measured to determine the proper dose. Most anti-aging docs look for a range between 250 and 300 with 200 being the minimum.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
it was 167 before HRT
You should draw that panel again. If it's close to 200 you're fine. At your age you can get a boost from supplements. You should check out the arginine/lysine combo. I'm sure GRHP-6 works, but some claim it can raise prolactin levels. I'm still looking into it.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have been making a project of raising dompamine lately too. Maybe a mix of deprenyl (or caber) + l-dopa will give me a good strong boost in GH when I test again, it is hasn't already gone up.

NewAtThis10

Awards
1.5-2iu
yes
yes
yes

but at prescription prices 2iu a day is close to 1k a month, and you need to be on it 3-6 months to start really seeing the best of the benefits, and it will fade some once you stop...
Thanks. So 2iu's a month will give all those benefits? That's terrific. Are there generally any side effects (numb hands and feet, carpal tunnel, etc) at that small of a dosage?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Still possible yeah at 2, hard to say. some people just use 1iu/day. 2ius per day will eventually give some level of those effects. It will take months to really see them kick in though. pharmaceutical prescription HGH is likely in the range of $200 for 15iu, you'd need 60iu for a month.