Some thyroid test results i picked up

Troymm

Awards
I just turned 22

One of the endos i saw, medical practice shutdown. So i went over there to pick up some bloodwork he had done on me in january.

For those of you who remember my other posts. I have really low testosterone(tested as low as 92). Always hungry, and always cold, no sex drive.

these labs are from quest

TSH 0.56 (.40-4.50)

T4 free 1.2 (0.8-1.8)

T3 total 69 (97-219)

testosterone total 229(250-1100)this was the highest my T has been seen since i started going to the doctors in the past 6-7 months.

testosterone free 31.0 (46.0-224.0)

testosterone bioavailable 66.5 (110.0-575.0)

SHBG 29(7-49)

Albumin, serum 4.7(3.6-5.1)

i know i'm secondary hypogonad from other lab tests. However so far the endos have told me i'm not hypothyroid. this doc was the first to test my T3, but i'm not going back to him anyway, he's out of practice

I wanted to know what you guys think of my of my thyroid situation. i'm always cold especially my hands, frequently lethargic, really low maintenance calories

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I just turned 22

One of the endos i saw, medical practice shutdown. So i went over there to pick up some bloodwork he had done on me in january.

For those of you who remember my other posts. I have really low testosterone(tested as low as 92). Always hungry, and always cold, no sex drive.

TSH 0.56 (.40-4.50)

T4 free 1.2 (0.8-1.8)

T3 total 69 (97-219)

testosterone total 229(250-1100)this was the highest my T has been seen since i started going to the doctors in the past 6-7 months.

testosterone free 31.0 (46.0-224.0)

testosterone bioavailable 66.5 (110.0-575.0)

SHBG 29(7-49)

Albumin, serum 4.7(3.6-5.1)

i know i'm secondary hypogonad from other lab tests. However so far the endos have told me i'm not hypothyroid. this doc was the first to test my T3, but i'm not going back to him anyway, he's out of practice

I wanted to know what you guys think of my of my thyroid situation. i'm always cold especially my hands, frequently lethargic, really low maintenance calories

check hashimotos and reverse t3 and you will find your answer most likely
Also need total t4 and ft4 and ft3. you have thyroid tissue resistance BIG time and with out thyroid your body does not produce proper test levels..
I have an idea you got cortisol issues (salvia test to rule out)

Troymm

Awards
check hashimotos and reverse t3 and you will find your answer most likely
Also need total t4 and ft4 and ft3. you have thyroid tissue resistance BIG time and with out thyroid your body does not produce proper test levels..
I have an idea you got cortisol issues (salvia test to rule out)

i'll try and get those tested. on other labs my TSH has been a bit higher along with T3 and T4 a bit higher. it seems like a float around low normal to low...

i'm currently doing a 24 hour rhein urine test. Dr.Crisler ordered this

i'm not sure what hormones are gonna be tested there but i hope they are all helpfull in figuring out my case

hmmm maybe i should go get a thermometer tonight and see what my body temp is liek throughout the day. at the docs it usually in the low 97's but once i saw it at 98.5....

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
i'll try and get those tested. on other labs my TSH has been a bit higher along with T3 and T4 a bit higher. it seems like a float around low normal to low...

i'm currently doing a 24 hour rhein urine test. Dr.Crisler ordered this

i'm not sure what hormones are gonna be tested there but i hope they are all helpfull in figuring out my case

hmmm maybe i should go get a thermometer tonight and see what my body temp is liek throughout the day. at the docs it usually in the low 97's but once i saw it at 98.5....
Rhiens test is good for t, E , and adrenal hormones , but I like to see the 24 hours saliva to compare it to

take temperature under arm pits.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
When inspecting thyroid, adrenals are not far away.
If you do these blood tests (below) you will be able to have much better picture of your status. As you theraphy progresses you will need to repeat some of those tests.
--------------------------
7 Iodine, iodide Panel - (2503)
8 Selenium
9 Copper, serum
10 Zinc
11 Magnesium
27 T3, Total (859X)
28 T4, Total (Thyroxine)
29 T3, Free
30 T4,Free
31 T3, Reverse (967X)
32 Ultrasensitive TSH
33 Thyroid Peroxidase and Thyroglobulin Antibodies (7260X)
37 IGF Binding protein-3
38 IGF-1
39 Aldosterone
40 Cortisol Binding Globulin (Transcortin) (37371X)
41 Cortisol AM/PM
42 DHEA sulfate
=============================================
If you can, also add this set:
==============================
17 • Iron and Iron Binding Capacity (7573X) - (356N)
18 • Iron, Total (571X) - (24984P)
19 • Ferritin (457X) - (22764P)
20 • Transferrin (891X) - (30346P)
21 • Folate, RBC & Hematocrit - (1768N)
22 • Hemoglobin A1c (496X) - (45484P)
23 • Hemoglobin, Plasma (514X) - (7211P)
==================================================

Troymm

Awards
i would like to do all these tests but how would i even convinve a doctor to order them?

BTW i picked up a thermometer today, i'm very curious to see my morning temperature. One thing i was wondering, does sleeping under a heavy blanket affect temp readings? i'm always cold so i sleep under a goose down blanket which is very warm

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
i would like to do all these tests but how would i even convinve a doctor to order them?

BTW i picked up a thermometer today, i'm very curious to see my morning temperature. One thing i was wondering, does sleeping under a heavy blanket affect temp readings? i'm always cold so i sleep under a goose down blanket which is very warm
Just as long as you do not pull it over your head and let out a good fart then you can have problems. Or you have some fat chick laying next to you steeling all your body heat.

:laugh:

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

Where do you live?

I was raised on a farm in Poland.
I know exactly what a pleasure it is to sleep under goose down blanket.
Specially in the winter when water in the bucket is frozen up by morning.

It took me a while to get used to sleep in 70F room.
------------
It was a few years back, I am sure they are more "civilized" by now, even in my little village there.

Troymm

Awards
Where do you live?

I was raised on a farm in Poland.
I know exactly what a pleasure it is to sleep under goose down blanket.
Specially in the winter when water in the bucket is frozen up by morning.

It took me a while to get used to sleep in 70F room.
------------
It was a few years back, I am sure they are more "civilized" by now, even in my little village there.

i live in the northeast.

and yeah the goose down blanket is great.

this morning i took my temp but i think i'm doing something wrong or my thermometer is cheapo....

i took my temp several times and kept get readings from 95.9 to 97.2.... every time i took the temp it would be either at or in between those ranges. I took it under my tongue with a digi thermometer, but i also took the temps under my arm and they were in the same range? i thought arm temps were supposed to be 1 degree cooler?

JDK5386

I just turned 22

TSH 0.56 (.40-4.50)

T4 free 1.2 (0.8-1.8)

T3 total 69 (97-219)

May be mid-low but nothing to put a great deal of concern into and unlikely to be causing more than 20-30 extra pounds. Have it tested every 6 months, if a competent doctor says that you're fine don't worry about it.

I had a phase for 6-8 months where I was convinced that my current dosage was inadequate so I pestered my doctor to up my dosage. The result: ridiculously active libido, weight gain, chick-like emotionalism, and unable to sleep more than 3-4 hours per night.