Chinese Herbal Medicine.

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
Who here has seen a traditional chinese doctor?

If so how have you found it helpful for your problems/symptoms?

In my personal experience, i have seen probably 3 and all have said the exact same thing regarding my problems! they have been spot on which is pretty amazing.

They first check your tongue and then your pulse in both hands (the doctor will locate three different pulses per arm) from this they know where the imbalances are occuring.

The doctor i saw recently said my kidneys are weak and this is inherited from my mother so i get swelling sometimes of tissues. Also he said my muscle weakness and feeling sore are due to not absorbing food properly even though i eat healthily and exercise it just doesn't go into the muscle.

He could also see my immune system wasnt functioning properly thats why i feel weak, low energy etc. This too is inherited.

I was prescribed two formulas one is called YOU GUI WAN and the other GUI PI WAN.

YOU GUI WAN contains (each pill):

Rehmannia glutinosa root: 38.8mg
Dioscorea opposita rhizome: 28.6mg
Comus officinalis fruit flesh: 28.3mg
Lycium Barbarium fruit: 22.4mg
Eucommia Ulmoides outer bark: 22.4mg
Cuscula hyprophilae seed: 22.4mg
Angelica polymorpha root: 22.9mg
Cinnamomum cassia bark: 14.2mg

GUI PI WAN contains (each pill):

Angelica polymorpha root: 19mg
Codonopsis pilosula root: 10mg
Polygonatum sibirica rhizome: 19mg
Polygata Sibirica root: 19mg
Atractylodes macrocephala rhizome: 19mg
Poria cocos fruit body: 19mg
Zizyphus spinosa seed: 10mg
Astralagus membranaceus root: 10mg
Saussaurea costus root: 5mg
Glycyrrhiza Uralensis root: 5mg

He said to take 10 pills of each twice daily. I also did some acupuncture as well which i have found to be helpful as well as doing regular massages.

One thing im worried about is the possible contamination of heavy metals in these herbal preparations. Does anyone have any knowledge regarding this issue?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Who here has seen a traditional chinese doctor?

If so how have you found it helpful for your problems/symptoms?

In my personal experience, i have seen probably 3 and all have said the exact same thing regarding my problems! they have been spot on which is pretty amazing.

They first check your tongue and then your pulse in both hands (the doctor will locate three different pulses per arm) from this they know where the imbalances are occuring.

The doctor i saw recently said my kidneys are weak and this is inherited from my mother so i get swelling sometimes of tissues. Also he said my muscle weakness and feeling sore are due to not absorbing food properly even though i eat healthily and exercise it just doesn't go into the muscle.

He could also see my immune system wasnt functioning properly thats why i feel weak, low energy etc. This too is inherited.

I was prescribed two formulas one is called YOU GUI WAN and the other GUI PI WAN.

YOU GUI WAN contains (each pill):

Rehmannia glutinosa root: 38.8mg
Dioscorea opposita rhizome: 28.6mg
Comus officinalis fruit flesh: 28.3mg
Lycium Barbarium fruit: 22.4mg
Eucommia Ulmoides outer bark: 22.4mg
Cuscula hyprophilae seed: 22.4mg
Angelica polymorpha root: 22.9mg
Cinnamomum cassia bark: 14.2mg

GUI PI WAN contains (each pill):

Angelica polymorpha root: 19mg
Codonopsis pilosula root: 10mg
Polygonatum sibirica rhizome: 19mg
Polygata Sibirica root: 19mg
Atractylodes macrocephala rhizome: 19mg
Poria cocos fruit body: 19mg
Zizyphus spinosa seed: 10mg
Astralagus membranaceus root: 10mg
Saussaurea costus root: 5mg
Glycyrrhiza Uralensis root: 5mg

He said to take 10 pills of each twice daily. I also did some acupuncture as well which i have found to be helpful as well as doing regular massages.

One thing im worried about is the possible contamination of heavy metals in these herbal preparations. Does anyone have any knowledge regarding this issue?
A lot of chinese herbs have mercury in them only if they are not from reliable source. You get the little black balls. I told you that you had kidney/spleen yang defieincy with slight liver stagnation along time ago. Liver stagnation is basically altered methylation and liver pathways. The chinese know about the meridian connection 5,000 years ago now natural science is starting to explain it. I balance the liver which balances the gut, brain. Same thing that they are doing, but they are also stimulating it from using meridian points which is my next venture. needle free accunpunture. Needles are old schools we use lasers, and microcurrents. I use laser for auriciular therapy on the ear.

These herbs are basically adaptopgens plain and simple and are used to stimuate the kidney yang,
kidney - related to the adrenals, thyroid meridain, AKA water balancer.

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
They are in little black balls.

It comes from Lanzhou Foci Pharmaceuticals.

Lanzhou China.

http://www.acuneeds.com/herbs/list.aspx?l=l&area=Herbs&cat=H2L

I dont think their is any mercury in these. Yeah their basically adaptogens but they work. The acupuncture works well, i dont mind/feel the needles much at all if anything it feels good.

Yeah you told me about my deficiencies i know. But theirs nothing contraindicated about using these herbs useless they contain heavy metals.

Matrix sounds like you are ahead of medicine be it western or eastern in treating health problems.

Im really interested in the stimulating of the body with the meridia points. Are you the first person to do it with lasers/microcurrents or are their other doctors doing this already?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
They are in little black balls.

It comes from Lanzhou Foci Pharmaceuticals.

Lanzhou China.

http://www.acuneeds.com/herbs/list.aspx?l=l&area=Herbs&cat=H2L

I dont think their is any mercury in these. Yeah their basically adaptogens but they work. The acupuncture works well, i dont mind/feel the needles much at all if anything it feels good.

Yeah you told me about my deficiencies i know. But theirs nothing contraindicated about using these herbs useless they contain heavy metals.

Matrix sounds like you are ahead of medicine be it western or eastern in treating health problems.

Im really interested in the stimulating of the body with the meridia points. Are you the first person to do it with lasers/microcurrents or are their other doctors doing this already?
It has been used for a few years now, but it is starting to catch on more.
The laser that I use is the same laser you use as a pointer no $1,000 equiptment. When I meet with people I have my laser, testing kit, questionaire and thats all. Then I let the body tell me the rest. I use no magic solutions, just plain old science and logic. Since you have the passion you may want to look into becoming a naturopathic DR, but please do be aware that you can not help every one. Once i wonder stood this it may my life alot easier and more enjoyable.