tonyjaafan

Awards
Hi all,
I got in another blood done this week.
E2 25.2 (7.63-42.6 pg/ml)
Test 851 (300-1060)
LH 8.21 (1.5-9.3)
Prolactin 31.3 (2.1-17.7 ng/ml)

DHT results I would get back on Monday or Tuesday.
The prolactin is really high, what could be causing this and should I get more blood tests done ?
I took letro a month back(posted a thread here) and that brought my E2 from 38 to 21 (last week) and now it is at 25.2. Did the Letro increase Prolactin ?
Is the prolactin level really unhealthy?

Please help if you can :)
Thanks.

S

slaver1118

Awards
I also had blood work done. Seems your test levels are good, but the prolactin is extremely high. I was 17.2 and my doctor sent me to get an MRI. Nothing was there, but still...I dont know about the meds, but yes, prolactin level is very high. When was the test done during the day? Did you work out right before as that can raise prolactin...

What does your Dr think most importantly...?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Did you blow your load the night before with your girl or by your self or before the blood test? Did you happen to have a wet dream ? :lmao:

D

DrtyDiverDave

Awards
If you see my post on the Brain Tumor I had, high Prolactin was the one thing that triggered my diagnosis.

Granted, mine was ridiculously high, but all the reading I did after my diagnosis indicated that elevated Prolactin levels in men are often associated with Pituitary Tumors ("Prolactinomas").

Not trying to scare you - and I'm not a doctor by any means - just relating my own personal experience.

Dave.

T

tonyjaafan

Awards
Thanks guys for the help!
The test was done first thing in the morning and lol I hadnt had any 'activity' for atleast 12-24hours - there is hardly any desire..(My memory is horrible!)
I'm not going through a doc, I just get these tests done as I'm in India and they are cheap and I've not been well for a long time (food allergies- but they are being cleared slowly - IGE has come down from 1160 to 974).
Should I goto a general physician or get a MRI done ?
Would the Letro or high LH be a reason ?
Really appreciate the input..
I'm jsut going to check the other post - thanks a lot..
I'll try and find b6 here..! thanks - though be do we b vitamin caps I'll just check how much mg they have of b6.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys for the help!
The test was done first thing in the morning and lol I hadnt had any 'activity' for atleast 12-24hours - there is hardly any desire..(My memory is horrible!)
I'm not going through a doc, I just get these tests done as I'm in India and they are cheap and I've not been well for a long time (food allergies- but they are being cleared slowly - IGE has come down from 1160 to 974).
Should I goto a general physician or get a MRI done ?
Would the Letro or high LH be a reason ?
Really appreciate the input..
I'm jsut going to check the other post - thanks a lot..
I'll try and find b6 here..! thanks - though be do we b vitamin caps I'll just check how much mg they have of b6.
Please get this clincally ruled out with MRI.
If your prolactin is high and LH is low then there may be a corrleation as prolactin acts a feedback loop similar to e2 to testosterone (LH)

T

tonyjaafan

Awards
Thanks for the reply ! Really appreciate it.
I'm going to an Endo soon (Yet to find one, but would goto a good hospital they should be there hopepfully).
My LH is 8.32 (1-9) ref. range, TotalT 851 (230-1060), E2 25 (9-42), SHBG 26 (forgot the range), FSH 2.31 (1-18 I think).
I'll get it sorted with the Endo and MRI, too. Little afraid of being inside it but have to do it I guess.
Will post back the updates.
Thanks a bunch.

T

tonyjaafan

Awards
I've taken an appointment for this/next week. Hospital would phone me back when a slot is open. Hopefully it would be this week.
DHT 993 (250-990) Just got this back.
So high :(
Anyway, thanks guys..really appreciate it.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I've taken an appointment for this/next week. Hospital would phone me back when a slot is open. Hopefully it would be this week.
DHT 993 (250-990) Just got this back.
So high :(
Anyway, thanks guys..really appreciate it.
DHt is a good reading in a male it is what gives us more male traits then Testosterone it self. So do not worry about that high DHT..

T

tonyjaafan

Awards
Phew..thanks a lot :) Though doesnt it mean more vulnerability to baldness ?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Phew..thanks a lot :) Though doesnt it mean more vulnerability to baldness ?
If it was 2-3 times the higher end then yes it could be a clincal factor, but estrogen is a bigger issue

XplodeWithMe

XplodeWithMe

Awards
The letro wouldn't have much to do with the prolactin build up unless you came straight off without tapering and had major estro rebound.

T

tonyjaafan

Awards
Thanks guys :)
An update: Went to the Endo today (Thought i'd see the endo first and get it in writing from him about the MRI..)
He has conducted another blood test today. He has his own lab and blood was drawn two times 20minutes apart. He said there is too much variance in one go so they average the readings out.
Also said that probably this much prolactin is nothing to worry about though he would still get everything checked so he could close the file and get it out of my mind. Waiting for Monday now for the results to come and then we would proceed.
I didn't pester him about the DHT as it was mentioned by Matrix that it is nothing to worry about and I trust him as he is really knowledgeable.
He has asked me to get a Sperm test at a facility done too. He said to go there and get it done as the test should be done within 30minutes from the 'deposit'.
He is a good Endo and quite renowned here..lets see what happens :)