HGH/TRT/T3 After Brain Tumor

  1. Registered User
    DrtyDiverDave's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    76

    HGH/TRT/T3 After Brain Tumor


    Hey everyone,

    I've got a question which most of you probably can't relate to, but I'm not getting much good info from my Endo (who is a woman).

    51 years old now. Around 4-5 years ago, started gaining weight for no reason. My hair which was curly started coming out straight. Skin started drying up too. Just figured it was age related - getting old is a bitch, etc...

    One day, my wife said "what the hell is the matter with you?" after I came home in the evening and sat down to watch T.V. when she was wearing something small and tight. I had no idea my libido had flown away too, but I had to admit that it was pretty much gone.

    I went to the doctor (a GP) and he tested my blood and found I had low Thyroid. Put me on 50 mcg of Synthroid. This made me feel like ****, and did nothing for my libido. I saw him several times after that, and finally he said to me "maybe you need to see a psychiatrist."

    That was when I decided to see an endo - but it took 3 months to get an appointment.

    Did more blood tests, and when I went to see him to talk about the results, he said "you have a brain tumor".

    WHAT????

    My Prolactin level was 3500 - which is, like, insane for a guy. I had zero Testosterone, no FSH, LH, and very low TSH.

    Follow up MRI revealed a 2.5 cm x 2 cm tumor on my Pituitary Gland.

    First, I treated it with Bromocriptine (which played hell with me for the first month - making me stutter, as well as uncoordinated) - eventually elected to have it taken out via the endonasal method (had it taken out through the nose).

    Anyway - surgery was successful (1 year ago now) and there is no more sign of the tumor.

    Also, no more Prolactin.

    I was on Cortef pre and post surgery, but my AM levels eventually went back to normal, so my Endo weaned me off of that (let me tell you, I can write a BOOK about being a "Cortef Junkie" - but that's another story..).

    However, my LH and FSH levels were gone, therefore my Testosterone level was nearly non-existent (24 when normal is 250 to 850). My TSH level was low normal, but my T3 level was very low, and after having the Arginine Stress Test, my HGH level was unmeasurable.

    So - here's what I'm on now:

    a) 7.5 mg Androgel
    b) 100 mcg Synthroid
    c) 0.2 mg Humatrope, injected once daily.


    Testosterone is around 450 now, and IGF-1 is right in the middle. T3 Level is good too.


    But here's my question: My libido came back screaming - I'm like I was 17 again - but even though I've got the desire, the "equipment" malfunctions about 75% of the time.

    I started the whole thing to get myself back into shape, I fast walk 10 miles a week (3.3 miles per day at 3.8 mph with a 5% incline) on the treadmill, and have lost about 25 lbs since my surgery (I'm around 215 now).

    I realize that brain surgery isn't like doing a tango - it's a real bitch to get over, but I was kinda hoping that after a YEAR I'd have all the various "systems" running again...

    And no, I don't have any other "issues" (i.e. psychological) - my wife is young and very attractive, and we've got a great relationship going (thank god) - the mind is very willing (thanks to all the Androgel), but the body still acts like it's sick.

    I've tried the various Meds to help - Viag helps the best, but it's damned inconvenient to have to pop a pill "just in case" the Missus is in the mood.

    My questions:

    1) Is there something ELSE besides HGH and Testosterone that affects the ability to "rise to the occasion" and if so, what is it??

    2) Should I be on HCG rather than Androgel? I'm already injecting myself every morning with the Humatrope, so why not one other injection?

    3) Do ANY of these health "formula's" actually work - or are they just like 99% of everything out there - a bunch of B.S. to get money out of your wallet?

    My Insurance is paying for all my meds (I must be the envy of some dudes on here) because of the brain tumor - so I can probably get whatever the doctor prescribes. But as I said, she's a she, and isn't particularly sensitive to the "equipment concerns" I might have.

    Any advice would be appreciated.

    Dave.

    P.S. Thanks to the folks who created AM - I've been scanning the forum and, if nothing else, have learned there are LOTS of guys out there with similar hormonal experiences (if not brain tumors!).

  2. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2413

    Quote Originally Posted by DrtyDiverDave View Post
    Hey everyone,

    I've got a question which most of you probably can't relate to, but I'm not getting much good info from my Endo (who is a woman).

    51 years old now. Around 4-5 years ago, started gaining weight for no reason. My hair which was curly started coming out straight. Skin started drying up too. Just figured it was age related - getting old is a bitch, etc...

    One day, my wife said "what the hell is the matter with you?" after I came home in the evening and sat down to watch T.V. when she was wearing something small and tight. I had no idea my libido had flown away too, but I had to admit that it was pretty much gone.

    I went to the doctor (a GP) and he tested my blood and found I had low Thyroid. Put me on 50 mcg of Synthroid. This made me feel like ****, and did nothing for my libido. I saw him several times after that, and finally he said to me "maybe you need to see a psychiatrist."

    That was when I decided to see an endo - but it took 3 months to get an appointment.

    Did more blood tests, and when I went to see him to talk about the results, he said "you have a brain tumor".

    WHAT????

    My Prolactin level was 3500 - which is, like, insane for a guy. I had zero Testosterone, no FSH, LH, and very low TSH.

    Follow up MRI revealed a 2.5 cm x 2 cm tumor on my Pituitary Gland.

    First, I treated it with Bromocriptine (which played hell with me for the first month - making me stutter, as well as uncoordinated) - eventually elected to have it taken out via the endonasal method (had it taken out through the nose).

    Anyway - surgery was successful (1 year ago now) and there is no more sign of the tumor.

    Also, no more Prolactin.

    I was on Cortef pre and post surgery, but my AM levels eventually went back to normal, so my Endo weaned me off of that (let me tell you, I can write a BOOK about being a "Cortef Junkie" - but that's another story..).

    However, my LH and FSH levels were gone, therefore my Testosterone level was nearly non-existent (24 when normal is 250 to 850). My TSH level was low normal, but my T3 level was very low, and after having the Arginine Stress Test, my HGH level was unmeasurable.

    So - here's what I'm on now:

    a) 7.5 mg Androgel
    b) 100 mcg Synthroid
    c) 0.2 mg Humatrope, injected once daily.


    Testosterone is around 450 now, and IGF-1 is right in the middle. T3 Level is good too.


    But here's my question: My libido came back screaming - I'm like I was 17 again - but even though I've got the desire, the "equipment" malfunctions about 75% of the time.

    I started the whole thing to get myself back into shape, I fast walk 10 miles a week (3.3 miles per day at 3.8 mph with a 5% incline) on the treadmill, and have lost about 25 lbs since my surgery (I'm around 215 now).

    I realize that brain surgery isn't like doing a tango - it's a real bitch to get over, but I was kinda hoping that after a YEAR I'd have all the various "systems" running again...

    And no, I don't have any other "issues" (i.e. psychological) - my wife is young and very attractive, and we've got a great relationship going (thank god) - the mind is very willing (thanks to all the Androgel), but the body still acts like it's sick.

    I've tried the various Meds to help - Viag helps the best, but it's damned inconvenient to have to pop a pill "just in case" the Missus is in the mood.

    My questions:

    1) Is there something ELSE besides HGH and Testosterone that affects the ability to "rise to the occasion" and if so, what is it??

    2) Should I be on HCG rather than Androgel? I'm already injecting myself every morning with the Humatrope, so why not one other injection?

    3) Do ANY of these health "formula's" actually work - or are they just like 99% of everything out there - a bunch of B.S. to get money out of your wallet?

    My Insurance is paying for all my meds (I must be the envy of some dudes on here) because of the brain tumor - so I can probably get whatever the doctor prescribes. But as I said, she's a she, and isn't particularly sensitive to the "equipment concerns" I might have.

    Any advice would be appreciated.

    Dave.

    P.S. Thanks to the folks who created AM - I've been scanning the forum and, if nothing else, have learned there are LOTS of guys out there with similar hormonal experiences (if not brain tumors!).
    If you can get blood test per my list on post #44 here, between blue lines:

    Jan's BloodTest April13/2007

    You probably have a lots of them done already.
    Post what you have.

    Analyte name, value, units, range
    name of laboratory.
    ============================== =========================
    Your low response to 7.5gram of Androgel indicate some thyroid defficiency.
    Post your body temperature.
    .
    .
    .
  3. Registered User
    DrtyDiverDave's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    76

    Hey Jan,

    Wow! You sure had a BUNCH of things tested that weren't done on me.

    Essentially, all my Hormone levels were tested (I'll post what they were shortly) - and that is what has me concerned.

    Compared to how I felt BEFORE brain surgery, I feel like a million bucks now - but (agonizingly) I'm still not "healthy" like I was before I got sick - which, according to my doctors, was several years ago - since a tumor of that size doesn't grow overnight.

    I'm extraordinarily lucky in that it was benign - I mean, I could be dead now - but when your "motor isn't cranking", it's hard to put a happy face on it - if you know what I mean.

    7.5 mg of Androgel sounds like a lot, eh? All I know is it goes on each shoulder, both sides of my stomach, and both cheeks of my ass. I'm running out of skin to put this stuff on.

    I have noticed that I'm growing hair all over, like I used to be. It's kinda funny - but I remember before I found out what was wrong with me looking at my legs and wondering how they had become devoid of hair. I mean, it was like I was a freshly shaven chick. I even lost most of the hair on my arms. THAT is how subtle the changes are when you have a pituitary tumor, and how what (now) seems so obvious, can be overlooked, or mentally discarded as just "growing old."

    My Endo completely ruled out injectable Testosterone - I have a full vial of it and a bunch of syringes that my first Endo gave to me to start using - she told me it was "awful" stuff - "oily, and gives you too high, then too low levels" of testosterone.

    I wasn't too excited about shooting myself up with that gi-normous needle, and they said it had to be done in the buttocks, and my wife was not about to do anything with needles - so the gel seems easier.

    I have a bit of gyno, but that is from having 3500 units of Milk Secreting hormone in me for so long... I'm lucky that I didn't start dripping Milk, as I've heard some guys do when they have the same tumor. That would have just ENDED it for me...! I mean, the indignity of this condition is un-real - but you have to have a sense of humor about it too... and as I said above, at least I'm still around to enjoy all the other things in life...


    If you were me, what kinds of things would you be looking for in your tests? From what the Endo has been telling me, as long as my Testosterone level, IGF-1 and T3 levels are within "normal" I should be right as rain - but (as I now know) something isn't quite right...

    Thanks again,

    Dave.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    spinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    429

    I would get off of Synthroid immediately and onto Armour.

    Why take something synthetic if there is a natural alternative?
  5. Registered User
    DrtyDiverDave's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    76

    You know, I asked my Endo about that too (Armour) - she told me it was an "old style" medication, and that Synthroid was better for me.

    Synthroid doesn't make me feel bad - I actually don't notice I'm taking it much.

    Before the tumor was discovered, my blood pressure used to be around 104/60 and my pulse was 50. I actually was kinda proud that my numbers were in the same league as Lance Armstrong - except (as it turns out) it wasn't because I was some kind of awesome physical specimen, it was because I was really, really sick and just didn't know it.

    Now, my numbers are usually 117/78 after a work out and cool down, and my pulse is usually in the 68 to 70 range.


    I was thinking about what Jan said, about Body Temperature - I've always had lower than "normal" body temperature, and still do. In fact, my body temperature is still around 96 F.


    When I started Humatrope, I had an episode for about 2 weeks where my blood pressure shot up to 160/110 (and even higher) - so I started keeping a log after they put me on a minor diuretic. I'll start logging Body Temperature now to track changes.

    One other thing I forgot to mention - I have interesting experiences with Edema (swelling of my hands, mostly) - in the morning, I can't take off my wedding ring, since my fingers are swollen - but by 10:00 PM in the evening, it slips on and off easily. I can't tell which one of the three hormones I'm taking is responsible for this - or if it's all three.


    Tell you what - I had NO idea how good I had it at 19... :-)


    Dave.
  6. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2413

    Quote Originally Posted by DrtyDiverDave View Post
    You know, I asked my Endo about that too (Armour) - she told me it was an "old style" medication, and that Synthroid was better for me.

    Synthroid doesn't make me feel bad - I actually don't notice I'm taking it much.

    Before the tumor was discovered, my blood pressure used to be around 104/60 and my pulse was 50. I actually was kinda proud that my numbers were in the same league as Lance Armstrong - except (as it turns out) it wasn't because I was some kind of awesome physical specimen, it was because I was really, really sick and just didn't know it.

    Now, my numbers are usually 117/78 after a work out and cool down, and my pulse is usually in the 68 to 70 range.


    I was thinking about what Jan said, about Body Temperature - I've always had lower than "normal" body temperature, and still do. In fact, my body temperature is still around 96 F.


    When I started Humatrope, I had an episode for about 2 weeks where my blood pressure shot up to 160/110 (and even higher) - so I started keeping a log after they put me on a minor diuretic. I'll start logging Body Temperature now to track changes.

    One other thing I forgot to mention - I have interesting experiences with Edema (swelling of my hands, mostly) - in the morning, I can't take off my wedding ring, since my fingers are swollen - but by 10:00 PM in the evening, it slips on and off easily. I can't tell which one of the three hormones I'm taking is responsible for this - or if it's all three.


    Tell you what - I had NO idea how good I had it at 19... :-)


    Dave.
    Edema (swelling of my hands

    make sure that you check your adrenals and electrolytes real good.

    We may want to revisit your discussion on Syntroid=T4, (often hopeless trying to convince endo)

    But with your body temperature 96 F=35.5C

    I do not know of anything else but 4-6 months course of T3 to reset your thermostat. If that would not do it than possibly longer course of T3 of just staying on T3 if not for good then 9 months out of 12.

    You may have to be real carefull when dosing thyroid medications and having weak adrenals.

    In any case it would be a good practice to have magnesium pills and aspirine near by.

    .
    .
    19 was a wery good year.
    I am 69yo now.

    In any case, when taking adrenal medications (Cortef, Florinef), make sure that once a year or more you check your bones.
    Other than DEXA scan that checks your current status there is a urine test that will tell you if you have a current bone loss.

    Collagen Cross-Linked N-Telopeptide (NTx), 24-Hour Urine (36421X)
    bone loss (currrent)
    .
    ============================== ==========
    You wrote:

    51 years old now.
    0.2 mg Humatrope, injected once daily.
    IGF-1 is right in the middle.
    ----
    Post your
    IGF-1
    IGFBP-3

    post value, units, range, name of laboratory
    ============================== ===

    .
    .
  7. Registered User
    DrtyDiverDave's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    76

    Thanks Jan for the info - you're right, it's T4.

    I've got another appointment with the endo next week to see the most recent labs. I'll post the results.


    I'm guessing that something we're talking about here will have relevance to the "difficulties" I'm encountering lately??

    I mean, the equipment works like a champion some times, but then other times its like a vestigial organ... :-(

    I gotta figure this out before I go crazy...

    Dave.
  8. Registered User
    spinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    429

    T4 is converted to T3 by enzymes....if you do not have enough of these enzymes it will not convert.

    It does not mean a T4 only med is not the best alternative, because you want to maintain the ability to convert T4 to T3, if you do.

    DRs hate Armour because it is cheap and they dont seem to get a kickback or free concert tix to prescribe it.

    When I am forced to see an Endo, I expect bad advice.
  9. Registered User
    DrtyDiverDave's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    76

    Hey Spinn,

    Yeah - I'm on my 2nd one - but the problem with a brain tumor is that you HAVE to trust doctors at that point.

    A good buddy of mine is a Dr. who made enough money in BioMed he doesn't practice anymore. Lucky for me, he turned me onto the Surgeon who took the thing out of my nose rather than cutting my face off to get to it (like they used to do).

    When you look at a guy, who is younger than you, and you realize you need to let him dig into your brain, you have to reach some place where you let go and trust.

    That doesn't mean I don't "verify" however...

    Which is why I'm on here now, asking questions...

    :-)

    Dave.
  10. Registered User
    spinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    429

    Quote Originally Posted by DrtyDiverDave View Post
    Hey Spinn,

    Yeah - I'm on my 2nd one - but the problem with a brain tumor is that you HAVE to trust doctors at that point.

    A good buddy of mine is a Dr. who made enough money in BioMed he doesn't practice anymore. Lucky for me, he turned me onto the Surgeon who took the thing out of my nose rather than cutting my face off to get to it (like they used to do).

    When you look at a guy, who is younger than you, and you realize you need to let him dig into your brain, you have to reach some place where you let go and trust.

    That doesn't mean I don't "verify" however...

    Which is why I'm on here now, asking questions...

    :-)

    Dave.
    Some DRs are absolutely amazing, but every Endocrinologist I have been to is incompetent and a borderline sociopath...I have no idea what they do to them in endo school.
  11. Registered User
    DrtyDiverDave's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    76



    My buddy the doctor says that in Medical Schools they intentionally choose only the most socially mis-adjusted candidates for a reason...

    Maybe Endocrinologists are pre-selected for being insensitive to their patients afflictions...


    I'll tell you one thing - when it comes to hormones, before this I had no idea how many there were, how important they were, or how badly they could mess you up if not in perfect proportion to each other.


    I should have my labs soon and will post them here - hopefully they'll shed some light on what may be going on with my equipment.

    Dave.
  12. Registered User
    DrtyDiverDave's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    76

    Hey Jan,

    I haven't seen my labs yet - the Endo is mailing them (like they did in the 19th and 20th century), but she did tell me to up my Synthroid to 112 mcg from 100 previous - so I guess she thinks I need more thyroid hormone.

    Also, the 7.5 mg of Androgel made my Free Testosterone shoot up to 250, and my Total Testosterone go up to 1200. I think it has to do with me spreading the gel over a larger surface area of my body.

    But 1200 feels DAMN GOOD, I must say...

    :-)

    Dave.
  13. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2413

    Quote Originally Posted by DrtyDiverDave View Post
    Hey Jan,

    I haven't seen my labs yet - the Endo is mailing them (like they did in the 19th and 20th century), but she did tell me to up my Synthroid to 112 mcg from 100 previous - so I guess she thinks I need more thyroid hormone.

    Also, the 7.5 mg of Androgel made my Free Testosterone shoot up to 250, and my Total Testosterone go up to 1200. I think it has to do with me spreading the gel over a larger surface area of my body.

    But 1200 feels DAMN GOOD, I must say...

    :-)

    Dave.
    In a post #1
    02-27-2009
    which is few days ago, you said:

    a) 7.5 mg Androgel
    b) 100 mcg Synthroid
    c) 0.2 mg Humatrope, injected once daily.

    Testosterone is around 450 now, and IGF-1 is right in the middle. T3 Level is good too.
    ============================== ====
    Now you saying Total Testosterone 1200

    I am confused.

    Besides, 1200 is a lot for 7.5gram of Androgel,
    specially someone with thyroid problems.
  14. Registered User
    DrtyDiverDave's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    76

    Hey Jan,

    Yes - those numbers were accurate - but they weren't from blood work done on 2/27, more like December.

    This latest are my newest labs, which I haven't seen yet. My endo had her secretary call me to tell me to go get the 112 mcg Synthroid, and to ask me if I used the Androgel on the day I had my blood work done (a week and a half ago).

    She said I should go back to 5 mg of Androgel, unless I thought that I made a mistake. I know I didn't, but I do know that I changed the way I apply it (if that matters....?). Instead of putting 6 squirts on my shoulders, I put one squirt on each shoulder, one squirt on each side of my abdomen, and one squirt on each cheeks of my ass.

    That's 6 squirts total, for 7.5 mg.

    The Humatrope I inject in my belly, just below the belly button - I seem to hit veins every now and again, which result in bruising, so I switch sides every other day.

    Things I've noticed:

    1) I'm getting hairy again. Used to be this way, but lost most of my arm/leg hair, and my chest/stomach hair was quite a bit thinned out.

    2) Libido is sky high. If my wife was willing like when she was young, we'd need someone to raise our kids.... ; -)

    3) That said, the mind is willing, but around 75% of the time, my equipment malfunctions. I'm not entirely convinced that this isn't mental, because I get raging wood every night, and wake up at full attention now every morning. When I had the tumor, I stopped getting wood entirely, and was more interested in the computer than I was in my wife...

    I lost about 20 lbs from before my surgery without doing anything, but haven't moved since hitting 215. I eat less than my wife (who is 115 lbs), yet I haven't lost any more weight.

    4) My ears ring constantly. I have no idea what is doing that, but all my systems seem to check out, so this is some kind of funky by-product, or is being caused by something completely different. I've only had about 6 MRI's so I know there's nothing else bad going on in my brain, now that the tumor is gone.

    5) My hands are swollen every morning, but stop swelling by the evening. In the morning, I can't get my wedding ring off my finger, but by evening, it comes off with no problem.

    6) I'm walking 10 miles a week now, at 5% incline on the treadmill at 3.8 miles per hour. After my exercise and shower, my blood pressure is 117/75 with a pulse of 64.


    I still need to get a thermometer and get my temperatures for you.


    Once I get the labs in, I'll post all the numbers verbatim. I just thought I'd post my Testosterone numbers since they jumped so high so fast.


    Like I said, the feeling I've got with the Testosterone is just fantastic. It is hard to describe accurately - but its that sense that you have when you are young, and you feel like you could fight all the men and f** all the women, and you want to do both RIGHT NOW. It's a very good feeling, especially after being so sick for so long...

    Dave.
  15. Registered User
    DrtyDiverDave's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    76

    Ok...

    Got my latest lab results in.

    Here they are:

    My numbers are Bold - the "Normal Range" is in (parenthesis).

    Free Testosterone 446.2 (35.0-155.0)
    Free Testosterone (%) 3.59 (1.50-2.20)
    Testosterone, Total 1243 (250-1100)

    Thyroid:

    FREE T4 0.5 (0.6-1.3)

    TSH, HIGH SENSITIVITY 0.26 (0.40-4.50)

    FREE T3 287 (230-420)


    Endocrine Studies:

    CORTISOL 7.4 (4-22)

    PROLACTIN 29.0 (1.0-20.0)

    LEUTENIZING HORMONE <0.1 (2.0-9.0)

    FOLLICLE STIMULATING HORMONE 0.3 (1.0-18.0)

    SOMATOM (INSULIN LIKE GROWTH FC) 233 (86-220)

    Chemistry:

    NA 143 (135-145)
    K (PLASMA) 3.8 (3.5-5.0)
    CL 104 (95-109)
    CO2 31 (21-32)
    BUN 19 (7-24)


    GLUCOSE 99 (69-100)
    CREATININE 1.3 (0.7-1.5)

    CALCIUM 8.5 (8.5-10.1)
    ALP 71 (46-128)

    CHOL 221 (10-199)

    TRIG 166 (10-199)

    HDL 43

    LDL 155 (0-129)


    Total Bilirubin 0.5 (0.1-1.4)
    Total Protein 7.3 (6.4-8.2)
    ALB 3.7 (3.5-4.8)

    SGOT (AST) 24 (10-40)

    SGPT (ALT) 46 (25-75)

    DIRECT BILIRUBIN 0.1 (0.0-0.3)
    ANION GAP 12 (9-19)
    A/G RATIO 1.0
    BUN/CREAT RATIO 14
    OSMOLALITY (CALC'D) 298 (275-305)



    So... My doctor told me to increase my Synthroid to 112 mcg, and to decrease the Androgel from 7.5 mg per day to 5 mg per day, unless I determine that I made a mistake and put the Androgel on the morning of the test, which I don't quite recall.


    I don't know if the testosterone being in the 1200's is bad - I feel really good right now - but I'm not sure how excess testosterone gets treated by the body.

    I'm also not too happy to see my Prolactin level slightly elevated - that was what the brain tumor secreted, so I'm hoping this is due to something else, since I sure don't want to go through that again...


    But overall, I've got a couple of questions for those of you who are more versed in this stuff than me:

    1) Can having too high a Testosterone level make you have ED issues? I'm STILL having problems in that area, even though all my labs look like I should be doing really well...?

    2) Does any of this look abnormal (besides the FSH and LH - that part of my Pituitary is gone, and I'm taking Androgel, so I would imagine it would be suppressed in any event)?

    Any helpful analysis would be appreciated. I've got another appointment with my Endo on Thursday, so I'd like to go in there loaded with questions.

    Thanks!

    Dave.

    P.S. Interesting data point for people interested in HGH. Before I went on HGH, my Cholesterol was 360, and my Triglicerides were 599. I haven't done squat to change my diet, and only added 10 miles of fast walking a week, so I doubt the change in those numbers was so dramatically changed by the moderate increase in exercise I've started. I'm glad to see them down that far!
  16. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2413

    Quote Originally Posted by DrtyDiverDave View Post
    FREE T4 0.5 (0.6-1.3)
    FREE T3 287 (230-420)
    Your thyroid is in a dumps.

    Before things get out of hand, you presenting incomplete numbers, it is hard to draw conclussions.
    Something is seriously amiss, I have not seen anybody getting TT=1243 by applying 7.5grams Androgel.
    For now I suggest that you keep that dose.
    I see problem with your thyroid, Low FreeT3, FreeT4 below low range.
    Why do not you concentrate on that.
    Since you will need new blood test I will give you a list that will cover Adrenals, Thyroid and Testosterone, make sure that you get complete list as written.

    7 • Iodine Panel - (2503)
    8 Selenium
    9 Copper, serum
    10 Zinc
    27 T3, Total (859X)
    28 T4, Total (Thyroxine)
    29 T3, Free
    30 T4,Free
    31 T3, Reverse (967X)
    32 Ultrasensitive TSH
    33 Thyroid Peroxidase and Thyroglobulin Antibodies (7260X)
    37 IGF Binding protein-3
    38 IGF-1
    39 Aldosterone
    40 Cortisol Binding Globulin (Transcortin) (37371X)
    41 Cortisol AM/PM
    42 DHEA sulfate
    43 Prolactin - (746X)
    46 Progesterone, LC/MS/MS - (17183X)
    47 Pregnenolone, LC/MS/MS (31493X)
    48 Estradiol, Ultrasensitive, LC/MS/MS (30289X)
    49 Estrone, LC/MS/MS (23244X)
    50 Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total (LC/MS/MS) Code: 14966X
    51 Dihydrotestosterone (204X)
    ============================== ============================== ===========

    This list is ment for Quest Diagnostics, blood drawn at Quest, 24hrs +-30min after Androgel application.
    Newer apply Androgel to a whole hand from which blood is drawn.

    If you cant use Quest I will rewrite this list.
    ============================== ============================== ===========
  17. Registered User
    DrtyDiverDave's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    76

    Hey Jan,

    Thanks for the list - I'll get over to Quest to see about getting all those done.

    My Endo is also concerned about the Thyroid, since she upped my Synthroid.

    As for the Testosterone - does the way it's applied have anything to do with how high the number can get? I smear that stuff all over my shoulders, arms, torso, butt and back thighs.

    My libido is just outrageous now - I mean, it's even a bit problematic, but the stupid ED is still there. If you think having ED with low testosterone is bad, just try it when you are supercharged...

    I have GOT to figure this out, or I'm going to go out of my friggin' mind.

    Dave.
  18. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2413

    Quote Originally Posted by DrtyDiverDave View Post
    Hey Jan,

    Thanks for the list - I'll get over to Quest to see about getting all those done.

    My Endo is also concerned about the Thyroid, since she upped my Synthroid.

    As for the Testosterone - does the way it's applied have anything to do with how high the number can get? I smear that stuff all over my shoulders, arms, torso, butt and back thighs.

    My libido is just outrageous now - I mean, it's even a bit problematic, but the stupid ED is still there. If you think having ED with low testosterone is bad, just try it when you are supercharged...

    I have GOT to figure this out, or I'm going to go out of my friggin' mind.

    Dave.
    Just make sure that you get each and every line on the test list that I have given you.

    Looks like Synthroid-T4 is not working for you.

    Give your endo (friendly) warning that soon you may want to ask him for a script for

    either

    Armour Thyroid(T4+T3)
    or
    Cytomel-T3
    or both

    plus Cortef

    but you have to see test results first.

    Just a heads up so you know where you are going.
    .
    .
  19. Registered User
    DrtyDiverDave's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    76

    Saw the Endo today - she said that she was very pleased with my numbers - even the Testosterone didn't bother her, though she scheduled me for another blood test in 4 weeks to see where it's at.

    Asked her about Armour Thyroid, and she shook her head vehemently and said "that is an OLD medicine - it's horrible - you can't tell how much T3 or T4 you are getting, and it is very bad for your heart in the long run."

    She said that with my Testosterone as high as it is, my erectile function should be back to normal, unless there is something else going on down there that a urologist needs to look into.

    She also said that she would not suspect that my brain tumor is back until my Prolactin level exceeds 100.

    So nothing more from here, except the 112 mcg of Synthroid, with a follow up test 6 weeks from now.

    I was wearing shorts, and she noticed that my legs are hairy again - they were pretty hairless when I first saw her after my brain operation.

    It's pretty clear that I'm not going to be trying Armour with this Endo - the way she reacted, you'd have thought I had suggested applying leeches to my balls to cure my disease...

    Later,

    Dave.
  20. Registered User
    spinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    429

    If these are blood tests, you have to be very careful where the blood is drawn. I once got really crazy T numbers when I applied T to my shoulders and upper arms but drew blood from my forearm. I had to have the blood drawn from the back of my hand to get "normal" results.

    As for armour....endos like vacations in Miami more than they like curing patients, but I digress.
  21. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2413

    Quote Originally Posted by DrtyDiverDave View Post
    Saw the Endo today - she said that she was very pleased with my numbers - even the Testosterone didn't bother her, though she scheduled me for another blood test in 4 weeks to see where it's at.

    Asked her about Armour Thyroid, and she shook her head vehemently and said "that is an OLD medicine - it's horrible - you can't tell how much T3 or T4 you are getting, and it is very bad for your heart in the long run."

    She said that with my Testosterone as high as it is, my erectile function should be back to normal, unless there is something else going on down there that a urologist needs to look into.

    She also said that she would not suspect that my brain tumor is back until my Prolactin level exceeds 100.

    So nothing more from here, except the 112 mcg of Synthroid, with a follow up test 6 weeks from now.

    I was wearing shorts, and she noticed that my legs are hairy again - they were pretty hairless when I first saw her after my brain operation.

    It's pretty clear that I'm not going to be trying Armour with this Endo - the way she reacted, you'd have thought I had suggested applying leeches to my balls to cure my disease...

    Later,

    Dave.
    Forget the scripts for medicines, we will talk about that latter.

    Get complete blood test!!!!!!!!!!!X$@!>*&%
    She should not have excuse for that (hopefully).

    Depending how good you are at begging (sick joke, sorry).
    .
    .
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. tren caused a tumor?
    By coltonlee in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-14-2010, 02:37 PM
  2. TAG! you're it! (or, maybe it's a tumor..)
    By bigrobbierob in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 01:50 PM
  3. Ghrp-6 can it cause tumor growth ?
    By linus1891 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 09:19 PM
  4. HCG while with pituitary tumor
    By JanSz in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 09:30 PM
  5. I Have Brain Eating Bugs In My Brain !!!
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-06-2007, 10:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in