Swollen gut?

spinn

Awards
  • Established
My gut tends to look and feel swollen most of the time. Not to a great degree but it is noticeable, especially after I eat. I work out 4 or 5 days a week and eat relatively clean.

It also feels like food just tends to sit in my stomach. I take digestive enzymes but they do not help.

What can I eat or take, or should not eat or take?

I am not digesting food and it is killing my energy levels.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
My gut tends to look and feel swollen most of the time. Not to a great degree but it is noticeable, especially after I eat. I work out 4 or 5 days a week and eat relatively clean.

It also feels like food just tends to sit in my stomach. I take digestive enzymes but they do not help.

What can I eat or take, or should not eat or take?

I am not digesting food and it is killing my energy levels.
examine thyroid and adrenals imbalances
Adrenals/ thyroid drive your digestion juices
What digestive enzyme are you using could make the biggest difference

spinn

Awards
  • Established
Then I guess I am out of luck.

I have been working on both thyroid and adrenals for several years with limited success.

Most of the DRs said I was fine, even though my body temperature has been as low as 92.3 (it is 95.4 at the moment) and I am essentially out of money for them to take.

Any general diet or supplement advice for this?

spinn

Awards
  • Established
Additionally.....I tend to crash very hard after eating, even a small amount. It is nearly unbearable after dinner.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Additionally.....I tend to crash very hard after eating, even a small amount. It is nearly unbearable after dinner.
Are you using HGH supplementation?
One of the sides of GH is increased size of internal organs.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
Are you using HGH supplementation?
One of the sides of GH is increased size of internal organs.
no none of that....although my hgh is sloghtly above range but I can not imagine that is it.

If so, why do I crash so dramatically after eating?

spinn

Awards
  • Established
Thanks..........I will buy some this weekend.

Hopefully, I will not sh!t my brains out though.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
Consider adding some digestive acid with each meal... like betaine hcl

It will either digest your food or give you heartburn (if you already have enough, which it sounds like you don't)

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
no none of that....although my hgh is sloghtly above range but I can not imagine that is it.

If so, why do I crash so dramatically after eating?
low cortisol causes hypoglycemic attachs as you describe
Examine dhea/cortisol imblanaces

If you have labs (recent ones ) then post them ..

You may want to consult a knowldgeable practioner about adrenals/thyroid imbalance

spinn

Awards
  • Established
low cortisol causes hypoglycemic attachs as you describe
Examine dhea/cortisol imblanaces

If you have labs (recent ones ) then post them ..

You may want to consult a knowldgeable practioner about adrenals/thyroid imbalance
Sorry...didnt see this response.

One week into taking psyllium and it has had little affect, although it seems to be "trying" to help.

As for tests....I simply can not afford them at this point, I lost insurance, and my job and I have yet to find a DR in my area who does anything other than ignore any and all results and call it depression.

I have given up on DRs....will have to get tests done in the next month or so though.

And yes, not only is my cortisol very low, it is flipped, meaning it is higher at night, lower in the morning.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Sorry...didnt see this response.

One week into taking psyllium and it has had little affect, although it seems to be "trying" to help.

As for tests....I simply can not afford them at this point, I lost insurance, and my job and I have yet to find a DR in my area who does anything other than ignore any and all results and call it depression.

I have given up on DRs....will have to get tests done in the next month or so though.

And yes, not only is my cortisol very low, it is flipped, meaning it is higher at night, lower in the morning.
If you have cortisol levels from salivia i can work with that and if you have other hormone blood work as well. Where are you located?

spinn

Awards
  • Established
If you have cortisol levels from salivia i can work with that and if you have other hormone blood work as well. Where are you located?
Thanks..........

I am in the Washington, DC area. Lab Corp "owes" me a free set of tests which I will have to fight them to get.

I havent seen it mentioned anywhere, but my DR (ok there is one good one) tells me that Lab Corp only does 75% of the tests they bill for.

Since all of this is in concert, if you ask for ten tests and they only do 8, they are all worthless.

Labcorp is robbing people blind by billing them for tests they do not even bother to do.

I will get back to you once i am able to get those done.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
I ramped up Psyllium from 1 tsp up to 3 tablespoons over two weeks. At the beginning of week two I added Castor oil at night per my pharmacy's recommendation.

It seemed to want to work but did not make a substantial difference, either in bowel movements, how I felt, or the swollen feeling my gut has.

Castor oil is disgusting by the way...didnt they make kijds drink that in the 1950s when they got in trouble?

I am wondering what, if anything, will work.