Peripheral Vascular Disease

  1. New Member
    MetalMX's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    251
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    63%

    Peripheral Vascular Disease


    Hey guys. I spoke with my doctor about my symptoms where i sometimes get really cold hands and feet also one of my arms or a leg would sometimes feel like it completely loses circulation and goes numb. Also if i put my hands straight up in the air numbing sensations would slowly start. I also get edema in my body around the waist particularly and my weight could fluctuate by 4lbs from one day to the next (this could be from mercury also) - this really pisses me off. I also notice some days my arms look bigger/fuller other days they look like flat limbs its really weird. Also i got a massage the other day a fullbody one and when i was being massage on my arms and legs it was really really ****ing painful!!! especially my calves when being massages. Like knives... this furhter tells me circulation is definitly 100% a problem for me.

    My doctor thinks this is PVD. But he is doing a arm/brachial index test to make sure. He said it would be from smoking. I smoked last year for about 6-8 months although i was probably something like 5 to a maximum of 10 per day and i wouldnt even smoke everyday. I also smoked before this on and off and only one or two when i felt i needed it.

    He also said my immune function T-cells didn't look right and im seeing an immunologist, i duno if this would have any effects on circulation who knows.

    I don't smoke anymore. I don't drink either (never have).

    What nutrients or supplements could i use to help improve circulation?

    Im using Ginko Biloba only right now.

  2. Senior Member
    jinxie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,287
    Rep Power
    40609
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    54.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalMX View Post
    Hey guys. I spoke with my doctor about my symptoms where i sometimes get really cold hands and feet also one of my arms or a leg would sometimes feel like it completely loses circulation and goes numb. Also if i put my hands straight up in the air numbing sensations would slowly start. I also get edema in my body around the waist particularly and my weight could fluctuate by 4lbs from one day to the next (this could be from mercury also) - this really pisses me off. I also notice some days my arms look bigger/fuller other days they look like flat limbs its really weird. Also i got a massage the other day a fullbody one and when i was being massage on my arms and legs it was really really ****ing painful!!! especially my calves when being massages. Like knives... this furhter tells me circulation is definitly 100% a problem for me.

    My doctor thinks this is PVD. But he is doing a arm/brachial index test to make sure. He said it would be from smoking. I smoked last year for about 6-8 months although i was probably something like 5 to a maximum of 10 per day and i wouldnt even smoke everyday. I also smoked before this on and off and only one or two when i felt i needed it.

    He also said my immune function T-cells didn't look right and im seeing an immunologist, i duno if this would have any effects on circulation who knows.

    I don't smoke anymore. I don't drink either (never have).

    What nutrients or supplements could i use to help improve circulation?

    Im using Ginko Biloba only right now.
    methyl b-12.

    sounds like it could be a cervical radiculopathy.

    be careful with ginko if you have high blood pressure.
  3. New Member
    MetalMX's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    251
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    63%

    Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    methyl b-12.

    sounds like it could be a cervical radiculopathy.

    be careful with ginko if you have high blood pressure.

    Or could be a Functional Vitamin B12 deficiency. Mercury depletes the body of Vitamin B12 as well as hitting the pancrease which releases digestive enzymes etc to absorb all these vitamins etc.

    But i was lifting ungodly amounts of weight when i went on steroids last year and my form wasn't always good on some exercises this might have caused injury. I ask my doctor about cervical radiculopathy as well.


    I have the cyanocobalmin 1000mcg sublinguals cannot at the moment find Methyl B12 anywhere probably have to order online. Is it that the methyl form can actually repair nerves and the cyano form cannot?
    •   
       

  4. Advanced Member
    LeanGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    812
    Rep Power
    491
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    32.16%

    Have you been taking a lot of zinc w/o copper? This caused me to have numbing of the limbs that I thought was a circulation or nerve disease. Actually it was copper deficiency thinning the myelin coating of the nerves!! I added a little copper (2mg per 30mg zinc) and it went away in a couple weeks, has not returned since. I wasted 1500$ on an MRI over this because doctors said it could be MS or something. More likely in your case, its the heavy metals again.
  5. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,471
    Rep Power
    774676
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    35.85%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Smoking is horrible on you, yes...follow the suggestions above, watch your B6 levels, and get plenty of fruit based antioxidants (they affect vascular resistance and NO response to vasodilation.)
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  6. New Member
    MetalMX's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    251
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    63%

    Quote Originally Posted by LeanGuy View Post
    Have you been taking a lot of zinc w/o copper? This caused me to have numbing of the limbs that I thought was a circulation or nerve disease. Actually it was copper deficiency thinning the myelin coating of the nerves!! I added a little copper (2mg per 30mg zinc) and it went away in a couple weeks, has not returned since. I wasted 1500$ on an MRI over this because doctors said it could be MS or something. More likely in your case, its the heavy metals again.
    Yes i have been taking a lot of zinc without copper. Hmmm interesting... i will look into this further thanks.

    Im getting hair mineral analysis done soon again.

    Last one was done november 26th Zinc was in normal range as well as copper. But since then i have been taking a lot of zinc primarily to boost the immune system.

    Im getting a Optimal Nutritional Evaluation done soon so that will give me more information.

    Mercury blood test came back normal for me so i don't know what to think. Im still about to do a urine test for mercury and the hair mineral analysis will tell me if levels have further gone down.

    I have immune deficiency of some sort which im waiting to see a immunologist for. The tingling can also be from shingles when i asked my doctor about it since its a opportunistic infection in those with weak immune systems. Their are a lot of variables so with proper testing ill so know what is causing what.
  7. New Member
    MetalMX's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    251
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    63%

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Smoking is horrible on you, yes...follow the suggestions above, watch your B6 levels, and get plenty of fruit based antioxidants (they affect vascular resistance and NO response to vasodilation.)
    Yeah ive been meaning to get some resveratrol comes in like a grape juice which is packed with antioxidants.

    Although anything that reduces my estrogen levels whatsoever makes me feel a lot worse due to the fact that estrogen is needed for immune system function. So ill just stick to fruit and other high antiox concentration juices like pomegrante and blueberry.

    Yeah smoking is bad we all know it. But ive stopped so thats a good thing.

    Why do you say B6??
  8. New Member
    MetalMX's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    251
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    63%

    Well i dont have peripheral vascular disease turns out my circulation is better than normal according to my doctor when i did the arm/brachial index test. I guess other factors like metabolic/immune problems are causing my symptoms.
  9. Advanced Member
    LeanGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    812
    Rep Power
    491
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    32.16%

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalMX View Post
    Well i dont have peripheral vascular disease turns out my circulation is better than normal according to my doctor when i did the arm/brachial index test. I guess other factors like metabolic/immune problems are causing my symptoms.
    don't discount the "too much zinc vs copper". this caused these type of symptoms for myself, my wife and a couple other guys I know, without a doubt.
  10. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalMX View Post
    Well i dont have peripheral vascular disease turns out my circulation is better than normal according to my doctor when i did the arm/brachial index test. I guess other factors like metabolic/immune problems are causing my symptoms.
    What is your body temperature measured under the tongue?

    .
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Getting that solid, vascular look? Need help!
    By SlyCamaro in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-28-2010, 11:38 PM
  2. Question about peripheral dopamine ??
    By thegodfather in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-17-2009, 11:18 PM
  3. Getting vascular? Any tips?
    By reptone in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-04-2009, 02:07 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-21-2004, 11:47 AM
  5. vascular supps
    By ironmike64 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-28-2004, 04:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in