Why Do L-Arginine supplements jam up methylation pathways?

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established

Matrix mentioned something about this. In the past for 2 years i used a NO product before every workout and i train 3 times a week.

Just wondering how is L-arginine so damaging and are their any studies to prove this?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

Matrix mentioned something about this. In the past for 2 years i used a NO product before every workout and i train 3 times a week.

Just wondering how is L-arginine so damaging and are their any studies to prove this?
LEF magazine, March 2009.
It will be on line in March.
There is article "Enhancing GH Naturally", page 25.
They talk/advice usage of the usual GH supplements, Arginine among them.

The article stresses new compound, CDP-choline
---------------------------------------------------

From dr Hertoghe book,
post #107
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-4.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arginine(7-12)g/day at bed time or one hr befor exercise (from table p268), 2-3x/day (text p267), work best in young(20-35) and lean
Glutamine 2g/day at bed time, works in older adults (32-64)---------4x500mg pills
Lysine (1-3)g/day at bed time, work in young(15-35) w/arginine
Ornithine (2.5-5)g/day works in young(20-35) and lean
Glycine (5-7)g/day-------------------------------------2x1000mg pills
Tryptophan (5-10)g/day small GH response, best add B6 & C
GHB(furanone) (0.5-1)g/day
Niacin (0.2-1)g
============================== ============================== =========

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
LEF magazine, March 2009.
It will be on line in March.
There is article "Enhancing GH Naturally", page 25.
They talk/advice usage of the usual GH supplements, Arginine among them.

The article stresses new compound, CDP-choline
---------------------------------------------------

From dr Hertoghe book,
post #107
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-4.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arginine(7-12)g/day at bed time or one hr befor exercise (from table p268), 2-3x/day (text p267), work best in young(20-35) and lean
Glutamine 2g/day at bed time, works in older adults (32-64)---------4x500mg pills
Lysine (1-3)g/day at bed time, work in young(15-35) w/arginine
Ornithine (2.5-5)g/day works in young(20-35) and lean
Glycine (5-7)g/day-------------------------------------2x1000mg pills
Tryptophan (5-10)g/day small GH response, best add B6 & C
GHB(furanone) (0.5-1)g/day
Niacin (0.2-1)g
============================== ============================== =========
Jansz you are way off on this one LOL
Argine stimulates nitric oxide which jams up methylation thats why I always have people take extra lysine away from arginine to balance out the ratio. Nitric oxde causes binding of b-12 in your cells hence low cobalamine in your hair sample !! Fish oils , pollution, genetic malfunction also increase nitric oxide. So I hope you got your answer !!

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
hmmm... I guess citrulline malate should also be considered since it also stimulates nitric oxide

techlogik

Awards
Argine stimulates nitric oxide which jams up methylation thats why I always have people take extra lysine away from arginine to balance out the ratio. Nitric oxde causes binding of b-12 in your cells hence low cobalamine in your hair sample !! Fish oils , pollution, genetic malfunction also increase nitric oxide. So I hope you got your answer !!
It ins't Jansz, he is quoting right out of the LEF article just sent out.

I read the article, and they have references for their claims he lists.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established

I have scientific journals backing up what I already that as well.
If you argine/lysine ratio is out of wack it can cause undermethylation due to elevated nitric oxide and also from my own experience can cause low cholesterol levels as well.

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
I have scientific journals backing up what I already that as well.
If you argine/lysine ratio is out of wack it can cause undermethylation due to elevated nitric oxide and also from my own experience can cause low cholesterol levels as well.

Matrix how did you learn all these things?

Pm me dude, i want to know all about these things. Send me some articles and or books you would recommend or stuff i can look at to delve deeper into these issues.

I have had unexplained low cholesterol for a while. Haha, you know your **** dude.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

Thank you for being careful.

There is a lots of unfounded claims flying toward the fan.

thenxtgrt1

Awards
What would you suggest as a good arginine/lysine ratio? For every 4 gramsof arginine, 1 gram of lysine?

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
What would you suggest as a good arginine/lysine ratio? For every 4 gramsof arginine, 1 gram of lysine?
Its a wise idea to not touch the stuff why do you need it?

Arginine is just used for the Pump effect in the gym and this pump effect although it looks good might be messing around with a lot of things as Matrix said.

Creatine and Glutamine are a lot more effective at actually building muscle with minimal side effects.

thenxtgrt1

Awards
Its a wise idea to not touch the stuff why do you need it?

Arginine is just used for the Pump effect in the gym and this pump effect although it looks good might be messing around with a lot of things as Matrix said.

Creatine and Glutamine are a lot more effective at actually building muscle with minimal side effects.

I've taken it in the past with pycnogenol, and had decent results in regard to EQ. I mainly ask now for curiousity sake.

aisstea

Awards
Hmm, in the world biggest bodybuilding magazine "muscle development" was a report about L-Argine and nictric oxide. Result was, that it's proven that L Argine supplements are not possible to rise NO.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Hmm, in the world biggest bodybuilding magazine "muscle development" was a report about L-Argine and nictric oxide. Result was, that it's proven that L Argine supplements are not possible to rise NO.
So far every person that I have tested on No2 there was a b-12 intracellular low levels. If that is not enough to make on think twice I do not know what will.

aisstea

Awards
So far every person that I have tested on No2 there was a b-12 intracellular low levels. If that is not enough to make on think twice I do not know what will.
Hmm, it's actually not the first report I read, that L Argine is not able to rise NO. I read once such a study from Germany.

The study about L Argine and NO is in the newest muscular development. Just check it out.